Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

Ahxue (joxue) ,
It is not true. My friend was TBF her newborn and no menses till then but was preggy when her baby was 4 mths old. She advise me be careful even when TBF.

another friend who under c-section, her gyane advise her to take precaution even when TBF as c-section cannot get preggy for 6mths.

Eunice,
Thks, not really massage, I apply palmers coca lotion and at the same time make the lotion absorb into the skin for abt 2mins like that. But sometime really very lazy to apply.

Hi mummies

Thanks for sharing..
happy.gif
Sometimes i do get constipation and diarrhea at times. I notice it usually happens after i took the vitamin. Oh and i took milk too. So not sure if its the cause of the vitamin or am i lactose intolerant (wic never occur b4 my pregnancy).

Ah Xue

Is your bb latching on correctly? The whole nipple including the aerola should be in her month. U can actually hear her swallowing the milk.

To clear blocked ducts, got to massage very hard towards the nipple using the method I mentioned in my previous post. BB is the most effective pump to clear blocked ducts.

B4 my BM ss stablise, I pump every 2 - 3 hours including at nite. Got to be discipline.

Storeberry

U stay very near me. I stay behind De Lasale School.

Ling,

The ratio of 30 kids to 2 teachers is a bit high. Since it is not a childcare, they do not have to follow MCYS ratio guideline. Not sure if there is any ratio guidelines by MOE since it is a kintergarden.

Tinyvoice, Eunice,

I'm due for pap smear in Apr also. Have not make an appointment to go back. Think likely to go in mid - 3rd week of Apr.

TinyVoice
Before we decide to do so, we have checked with Dr Adrian whether it is safe to have another soon (cos my #1 was c-sect). After this one, can take a break before we decide if we want to have one more in another two years' time.

Ahxue
Thanks. As what avocado mentioned, it is not true that you would not get pregnant when you are on TBF. Must be careful otherwise may hit jackpot hor!

storeberry, athen: im staying near to the swimming pool, facing limbang... we are quite near each other...

Athen, you confirm can get into De La Salle, staying just behind it.. haha

avocado: where u staying?? i have a bottle of the palmers coca lotion (from kiddy palace) almost full bottle... I can pass to you if you are not staying very far.. hehe

Ling,

Hmm... I have not thought of his pri sch education yet. It would be ideal if can get in cos will be very convenient & don need to wake up too early in the morning. I heard it is a very popular sch. Scarly already no vanancy after Phase 2A. Ha.... Ai yah not my concern at this stage. He is not even 3 yrs old yet.

Athen: do you noe the CCK bible centre kindy is doing "balloting" for their intakes?? its so popular lo... but im tinking twice due to the large no. of students per cls...

hello all
happy.gif

juz wondering...how much is Dr. Adrian's delivery charges now hah. My No. 1 delivered by him in June 2006. Now seeing him but havent asked bout delivery charges yet....then I am due in July 2008
happy.gif

Mummies
I tried giving porridge to my boy, from pork to chicken, but he doesnt like it. He only likes cereal and apple puree. Any recommendation on what to give him?

avocado..

last time when i preggy i also lazy to apply lotion..see mood lor..suka/remember/not lazy than apply..if not sometimes never apply up to 1week straight..kekeke...

Athen..
no need make appointment lah..just walk in..as you all know mah,appointment anot also no diff..1st come 1st serve...

Pigpig..
my boy is like rubbish bin leh..he eat everything....just like his sis..

How you cook the porriage?using slow cooker or gas...sometimes using gas we may overcooked than will have a burn smell & porriage not 'lan' enough...i normally throw all things into a slow cooker at abt 7am++ than by 11-12pm just right for him to eat...
I dun use fully meat..will also add like stredded carrots/minced ved etc,i also used sliced fish to cook porriage...than also a tiny winy pinch of salt to enhance the taste(although alot of mummies/daddies say salt shouldn't be given)but to me,i find it may the porriage more appealing..maybe you can try adding more 'liao'..like more meat/fish/veg to enhance taste...

Eunice
My sil's maid cooks the porridge using the slow cooker for my boy. Besides pork/chicken, we will add in carrots and sweet potatoes into the porridge. When I want to feed him that time, the maid will also add in some ikan bilis powder to enhance the taste and sweetness. So far I dont dare to try the porridge myself and so dont know how it actually taste like but my sil tasted before and said the porridge very nice and sweet leh. We din put salt cos my sil said salt not good for bb. Maybe I should tell the maid to add in a bit bit salt. Hiaz... really headache lor! He would struggle and cry, making a lot of noise when I want to feed him the porridge. Will take up your suggestion to add more 'liao' to his porridge and see how it goes. Thanks!

How I wish my boy can be like your boy and gal, eat eating... I rather he eats everything than being so fussy on food.

Pigpig

U sounds like you boy only likes soft & mashy food. Did you puree the carrot & sweet potatoes?

I also use slow cooker to cook porridge for my boy when he was young. I'll put a piece of meat(size smaller than our palm) (marinade with a tiny bit of soy sauce). When the meat is cooked, I'll scoop up & chop into fine pieces. Can also add in carrot, brocoli, potato, pumpkin, etc. U can try to puree these veg when it is cooked. Alternatively, scrub them into finely b4 putting into slow cooker. My hubby said the porridge taste good. I always try the food b4 giving to him. Till now, still like tat.

Eunice,

So these days no need to make appt ah? Lost track liao. At my time need to make appt woh. I forgot CCK's clinic's operation hours liao. I'll give them a call b4 going over.
happy.gif

i m suppose to schedule for pap smear but i still having blood, dunno is lochia or menses, it has been 2 mth plus still havent stop, shd i see dr adrian to ask him if can eat med to stop it?

pigpig..

i dun use or add ikan bilis..although it enhance the taste of porriage but it will coz phlegm...
hehe..normally my poriage will be a big pot,coz my gal also eat together & I love bb porriage...keke...

Athen..
you forgot ar..even with appointment also on a 1st come 1st serve mah..the nurse will goes 'ok..appointment on so & so date from 6-9pm'

Vernon'smummy..
better go back let adrian check bah...as you say already 2mths leh....

didnt come into this thread for a few days...wah so many of us stay in cck. me too....but me in yew tee area towards the end near the big canal. i also thought of sending my son to de la salle school next time. keke....my son just 1 month old nia and provided i dont shift house.

what does dr adrian check during the 5th week after delivery ah? will check the stiches part? mine is due in 1 week time.

Hi mummies,
my bb has been using avent bottle and every feed the towel under his chin will be very very wet, i relised that while suckling the milk drip from his mouth to the towel, although giving bb 150ml but bb may not drink so much due to the "dripping" also wasting of milk esp. the EBM...sigh....btw, bb is using avent teat 3 although he is only 2 mths+, reason is bb is very impatient and if i use teat 2 on bb, he will suckle till fedup and stop at 80% of his milk.
desperately need help from mummies as dunno wat is wrong...

thanks in advance

Athen
Thanks for your suggestion. Will try it out. Think could be due to teething cos today he is also not drinking his milk well....

Ling (ling) ,
I am staying at the HDB flat opp the Regent Grove condo. I still have many left cos one of my friend and one of my colleague give me theirs left over tubes when they give birth and they get it very cheap overseas. i do not use everyday so a lot still left.

janboy..
the leaking of milk from the bottle isit due to the bottle not close properly...
I notice the new avent bottles,when i'm feeding my boy sometimes it will leak,so i need to stop..open the bottle & re-close the cap..sometimes i will press the teat as i turn..than release as i close,to create a suction...

Eunice,
no leh, the leaking is not fm the bottle, its fm bb... think he is too kan chiong to drink...wasting ebm. but the way he suckle is like very difficult to suck leh, like suck and suck but no milk come out like that...does it happen to ur kid?

thanks...

went to see dr woody today to remove stitches. Went quite late and so have to wait for quite awhile. will see him again in a month's time. i guess i'll miss seeing him. haha. his very no expression look ...

Sherin: Yah man, next time I think I will miss seeing him also.. Kekee..

Ling & Athen: So we are quite near yah? next time I give birth can ask you all for advice. Keke.. De Lasale is a popular school? Sorry not familiar...

Piyo & babyluch: My fren also stay near the canal, her house is the end of yew tee.

janboy

I don't really understand about your leaking bottle. Is it becos the flow is too fast? He cannot swallow fast enough? If change to slower teat, do you have the same problem?

Storeberry

Yah we are very near. U r at St 62? Which block? My MIL stay there too? Scarly same block 612.

Hi Mummies,

I went for my check up today with Dr Woody and after the scan, little baby's weight dropped by 200g, from 3000g to 2800g, is this normal?

Dr Woody did not mentioned that I can be induced yet. My EDD will be on 20 April. He would see how things goes on the 18 April, hopefully by then, i would be like some of you enjoying motherhood with the little one..
happy.gif

what about woody's car plate number??

Janboy: tink the teat hole is too big?? change to a smaller one c if helps

Athen,Ling
my problem seems to solve..milk doesnt drip as much this 2 days..dun understand y too.
if i change back to teat 2, bb will not finish his milk coz he is very impatient. Teat 3: he took abt 10 mins or lesser to finish his 150ml milk
thanks!!!

Janboy..
Good to hear tat....maybe bb just need time to adjust to the size 3 teat bah...

Connie..
Induce earliest is 37weeks as it consider full term liao..even so,the weeks before the induce date,Adrian will give steriod jabs to as to helps bb lungs to mature faster so tat at least when bb is born,he/she is able to breath by himself/herself...

Hi ladies...need some advise here...

According to yest scan, baby's at 12W3D but according to previous scan by right yest shld be 11W2D...so is my baby actually 12W3D as per scan or 11W2D as per my own calculation according to previous scan? I'm so confused...

elchwong, the scan is just an estimation base on baby's growth so it may change though not too drastically. Good to follow the first scan which should be ard the 7 or 8 weeks.

avocado..

only those tat going to be induce...
If not going to induce no need mah..let bb develop him/herself till popped lor...

hi ladies, my waterbag measurement shows that im 5w2d last sat but based on LMP, should be 6w1d, is it normal? why is my waterbag so small and seems like late by one week... at 5w2d, i have yet to hear heartbeat, and dr expect to hear it in 2 weeks time.. seems like there are so many things to worry about at each phrase

Sherin..

Think yours was only decided to induce after you was 37weeks right..
Adrian decided to induce my 2nd boy before 37weeks,so we had the jab as we waited to 37weeks than admit to induce..

Gillian...sometimes we might ovulate late thus 5W2D 'seems like late by one week'...u've yet to hear heartbeat cos Dr.Adrian uses ultrasound scan and nt vaginal scan so no worries...

Back