Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

ahxue, my edd is 4th apr, but Dr woody checked and says already dilated, so ask me whether want to induce today or tml or i can wait until something happens. So i decided for tml lo.

Storeberry, which is you har? My hubby was telling me, eh everytime we come, we see this lady ... I was wondering if it's you... coz the last time, I supposedly have seen u ...

Ahxue... on Sat my son dunno why kept sleeping. Woke at 8am, napped for 4hrs at 1030am. 430pm napped again for 3hrs. His bed time is normally 830pm but I dun think he will sleep early since he only woke 1hr ago so we went out.

I will be glad if he can be my shopping kaki next time.

When I was preggy I missed lying on my tummy to watch tv. During my confinement I really did roll on the bed and jump all over the house.

When no one is home I will turn on the radio and dance. It entertained my son while I get some 'exercise' too. Have been doing this since his birth. Now I will carry him and waltz around the house.

Like wad Woody said...

Mummy Happy = Baby Happy
(vise versa)

sherin, have a smooth delivery!

ahxue, jiayou also! your baby now close to full term already!

read so much abt u gals going shopping at all the fairs...so envious...i am so confined at home! only went out twice. once for my own checkup, baby checkup, grocery shopping and another to register his birth. 11 more days to end of confinement! Cant wait!

Babylush...

dun need to confine yourself at home la. Bring baby go downstairs walk walk or if u know wad time hubby come home then go downstairs 5mins before and wait for him lor.

I used to do that or when hubby going nearby to buy things i tag along for car ride. the most is dun get out of the car.

Fresh air is good for baby.

afternoon ladies....

storeberry...good to know everything is fine for u, aiyo the detailed scan date v fast one, the dates juz passing by.
happy.gif

hows ur appetite?

babylush...confinement is the time u replenish mah, time passes by and u be out of house in no time...wahahahaha.
i think i grow mouldy during confinement oso...argh...

aylene....wow...good idea leh, go downstairs walk walk, breathe fresher air hor..but old folks tell me to stay indoors at all time and even with fans off.....bleah.

Hi all,

I am going to be admitted later to be induced. So I will most probably "disappear" from the forum.. keke.. Very nervous wor. Today Dr Woody checked and I aint dilated at all. The moment he saw me, he asked," baby doesnt want to come out yet ar?" I said yea. Since he said I am full term, the 2 days doesnt make a diff so decided to be induced.

ahxue... do yourself a favour. Take taxi la!

bring camera!

So excited la... like i m the one giving birth.

hahahahahaahah

Aylene, haha.. my hubby will be driving me down. I wouldnt wana take bus. keke. I went for my last shopping trip just now @IMM. Wana go Daiso but they are closed for stock-taking.

My frds were asking me cos they wana come visit. I ever walk from Novena MRT and its very far so I tot maybe they can take bus instead.

Yea I brought my camera. yea u sound very excited. keke.. usually induced dun think will give birth so early right? Doc says next morning I think.

fast or slow will have to depends on you liao. Relax and try to rest lor.

Bring something to read in case u cant sleep.

remeber to keep us all updated!

Aylene, Yeah I am bringing a book with me. Will come in and post my birth story once I have the chance to do so!

ahxue...excited or not...share wif us ur birth story when time permits okie....take care ya...all will be fine for u....=)

Thanks piyobaby! I shall log in when I can. Ya excited, nervous, anxious all rolled into one.

Pig_pig: haha.. I wanted to go and get some baby's stuffs then today must go. Cos hor, my mother doing confinement for me, she very strict de. Wont allow me to go out. Last shopping trip b4 my confinement!

ahxue,
still can do shopping last min! have a smooth and fast delivery!

bus
heard from my BIL when he came to visit that most buses from novena mrt can reach TMC cos only a couple of bus stops away. i remembered he said he took bus number 143.

aylene, my place very windy, my mum also doing confinement for me dont allow me to go downstairs with baby.

leejen, haha...grow mouldy ya!

babylush: keke.. yeah. Thanks!

Ok, will take note. Maybe later when I go to the hospital, shall try to take note of the bus numbers @ the bus stop.

Went to my Detail scan at TMC today. It ia a boy for my #2, no wonder my girl keep calling "didi".
Everything is fine and I also went to see master to choose a name for me and I already comfirm a English name for him. I perfer to name him now then after birth so that during my hospital I can just do his birth cert.

Eunice,
Do you know where at TMC to register BS for bb and how is the queue? Can take birth cert immediately?

Bus Stop B1

21, 54, 56, 131, 143, 162, 166, 167, 640, 851, 980, NR1
Bus Stop B2

54, 56, 143, 162, 166, 167, 640, 851, 980, NR1
Bus Stop B3

21, 54, 56, 131, 143, 162, 166, 167, 640, 651, 980, NR1
Nearest MRT

Novena Station

1317995.jpg
1317996.jpg

ahxue...wow last min shopping oso...hahahah, take care hor...have a smooth delivery.
happy.gif

aylene...TMC aircon cold huh? muz rem to ask hub to bring jacket for himself.

yalor...babylush, think will grow moudly during confinement one. hw u coping wif newborn?

avocado...congrats leh, so fast name already? u go where choose chinese name?

avocado... just go to the 1st counter at the reception will do. I went back to do my son's cos no queue. I went there at abt 10am. Remember to bring your marriage cert.

leejen... my DH initially said no need cos he is not afraid of cold but I still packed it in. While I was playing with the gas, he went to dig the bag for it. haahhaha... It was afternoon then lor.

During the antenatal course, we were advised to bring jacket for daddy too.

babylush... cannot even walk to out of the house to the lift and back? I am my own confinement lady so I dunno the rules. heh

I started going out by throwing rubbish when my MIL was here. Then slowly I say I go down check letter box.

When she is not here. I took baby down to wait for hubby to come home. DH likes seeing us downstairs so he never say anything. slowly he say go car ride then at the same time buy dinner.

3wks old we went shopping at united sq. day before 1st month went supper at midnite.

hahahahahahaahahah....

Sherin, I am the one who wore a purple tee with a 3/4 pants & with a belt on. Short hair & was sitting near the counter... Did you happen to recognise me? keke..

Ahxue: All the best & congrats!!! Update us yah? We will miss you leh! But hor, if Dr Woody says admit at 11pm does it mean that we pay additinal one more day? Anyone knows?

Leejen: Yah man, I am waiting eagerly for the detailed scan! My appetite is gd, always feel hungry after lunch & need to munch on something..

storeberry...dats good to be able to eat beta now....dats why experienced mummies say 2nd trimester is honeymooning....kekeke

Mummies-to-be,

Please bath & keep yourself clean during confinement hor. Elderly forbid us to bath is afraid that we may kana wind in our body. I think of it the scientific way : as we sweat a lot during confinement to get rid of water retention, pores will be open. So tend to get sick if bath when we are sweaty. I think can still bath. As long as don bath when we are sweaty & dry our hair after bath, should be ok. My confinement nanny let me bath everyday with the herbs water & wash hair once a week. Then slowly negotiate with her to wash hair more often. She is ok with it as long as I dry my hair after bath. My personal opinion lah.

Woody also reminded me not to follow confinement rules blindly during my first check up after birth. Imagine cannot bath then go & bf baby. Yucks, stingko sia.

Really envy u all can go shopping in peace. Aylene, how old is your boy? Can shop in peace ah? How nice.

When I bring my 2 yr old boy out shopping, I'll spend my time running after him & make sure he does not run & knock against any display esp watson's toiletry display. Stress sia. Need to learn from you man.

Athen, mine is only 8mths so its still fairly easy to shop with him in the carrier. Just cannot try on clothes or drink too much water. I try no to bring him to the loo cos dun think its very hygienic.

Wait till that rascal can walk and run.... maybe i will have to call u for advises!

haahhaahhaah...

Aylene
You are very good! My boy is now 7mths+ but i have never tried to bring him out alone not to mention going shopping. He is very heavy and I dont think I'm able to carry him in the sling for too long. My back really aches a lot.
I have just quit my job and thought maybe this is a good time for me to learn to bring him out alone cos i cannot be staying at home everyday. However, me now expecting the 2nd one and condition till now is not stable so Dr Adrian has advised me to have plenty of rest and shopping is a no no to me now. Sian!

avocado....
Yap...there go counter 1 & can get Birth cert immediatly..but it's slighty more X compare to going ICA to do tat birth cert...
For my 2Rs..my hubby went ICA to do..coz we need to chose bb chinese name using their lunar date of birth & time of birth...

Athen..
2yrs old ar...think need to control lor...Liek my gal,before we headed out I will need to do some bargaining with her 1st..like if she naughty than I will not buy toys/sweets for her..than when go out,I insist to hold her hands or daddy have to hold or she have to hold the stroller...if not than go home or i will insist to carry her up..let her cry lor,have to tahan...than tell her everybody looking at her cry,shame shame etc...

bath during confinement..
After my boy,when i went back from checkup Adrian ask did i bath etc..told him ya,behinds my mum's back..than he burst out laughing,say should bath coz we sweat..told him ya lor,than somemore bf,dun bath i feel soo sticky & dirty..

Pigpig..
WOW...expecting no.2 liao ar...so quit work is a excuse to make baby isit... :p
Ok lah..last time before my boy,i always bring my gal out alone..than when expecting I also bring my gal out shopping myself(sometimes shop with hubby beri sian,cannot see or buy many things)..than now with 2Rs..I also bring them out myself...sometimes i like to shop with kids myself,more freedom to shop mah..just have to prepare enough milk powder,water etc..and also remember to go makan for the elder wan,we can dun eat & shop but kids cannot...
Now you better rest more lah,dun carry the elder wan too much also..wait till pregnancy stable 1st lor...

Hi,

Can those who have given birth this year under Dr Woody, pls. post their details of the bills?

There were some earlier promises by some mummies but I didn't see any posting. =(

Pig pig,

How many weeks are u now? DO take care as the pregnancy is close. Mine was just 5-6 months apart but overall it wasn't that bad.

Eunice
kekeke.... since already decided to quit my job so might as well plan for the 2nd one. Also, my hubby prefers the siblings to have a closer age gap. Now 12 weeks liao. Unlike the 1st one, this pregnancy has given me many 'heart attacks'. Think Dr Adrian also see me so many times till he scared liao.
You also very capable leh, can bring two children out alone. Maybe till my pregnancy is more stable liao, then I would try to bring my boy go shop shop.

Pig Pig,

Very fast 1st trimester ending. Do take care. Try not to exert too much esp when you have to take care of ur #1 boy.

Once stabilised, should be okay to bring ur boy go shop shop. =)

aylene, wah...your baby 3 weeks old bring go jalan jalan already!

once i get the chance to step out of the house i cheat abit, that day go register baby birth at ICA, i went out from 11am to 4pm. my mother grumbled say i do confinement can go out half a day. haha...went to run some other errands, went sim lim to walk around some more. but still i only went out twice during confinement. sigh...

but i find that she already quite chin chye. some elderly relatives who came to visit ask why i never wear bedroom slippers or long pants to keep warm! i think will kena heat stroke in our kind of weather if wear long pants lor! my bedrm slippers now in the living rm for show only, if got pple come and visit then i quickly wear...haha, me wayang queen!

bathing during confinement
i use herbal water to bath but at the end i still wash with normal water, the herbal water got one kind of smell, i scared baby reject me during bf. as for washing hair, i will use hairdryer to blow dry after that. quite gross not to bath esp when there's stiches down there.

ah xue and sherin.. all e best!! Have a smooth delivery and enjoy ur stay in the hos...
happy.gif
Back home.. will be a different experience.

So sian.. now baby 5 weeks old.. since cl left..think i got no life now.. every night cannot sleep well. baby wakes up every 2 hrly or less to take milk.. then have to burp her, pat her to sleep.. by that time.. it already 1 hr plus then she needs to wake up agian.. sigh.. somtimes.. pat her she also dun wanna sleep put her on cot then hse starts to fuss.. again.. Ja lat.. losing all my sleep. and she poo so much. U all have4 this problem. She taking 80%BM and 20 % FM.. poo like 5 times a day..is it ok?? I thot their poo will stabilise one..

She always to be carried when she's awake.. all those second time mummies.. do ur kids behave like that?? what do u all do to distract her?/

pigpig..

So diff between both about 1yr apart lor...ok lah..siong once & for all mah...

Ok lah..coz the elder wan know how to listen mah..than with me alone she more well behaved,if daddy around she more naughty...
With my boy,I was also having on off cramps till like 4mths,but overall just stay happy & dun get stress up..also will affect pregnancy..

babylush..
With my gal,my mum was very strict about my confinement..but with my boy,coz no.2 liao..she more realx,i can sleep air con,somemore i keep going out to buy things from NTUC/herbal shop?go compass point etc...

Jeannie..
normal lah..when my boy was younger,he's those that 1 feed need to burp 2-3 times inbetween than can finish all the milk..but i believe kids understand & know how to listen,I keep repeating to him that about 8-9pm drink full full than sleep till morning so mummy can rest coz mummy very tired..both my 2Rs i use this method & both stopped night feeding from 1mth+ few days...
BF baby poo 5times is normal..as long as poo is not super watery kind..coz bf digest faster than fm...

carry..
Dun make it a habit to carry as she start crying..if it's not feeding/nappy wet etc..just put her on bed etc,lay beside & play with her..assure tat you are there...if you carry too much later will become a habit,everytime wan ppl carry....

hello all...

aylene...i take note of that, i didn't go for TMC hospital tour, maybe just pack and go deliver liao, any other things i need to watch out for?

ahxue....take care...hope to hear frm u soon.
happy.gif

wow storeberry, good to hear ur appetite is good, eat more k and now is the best time to eat without guilt, enjoy ur 2nd trimester..haha.

athen...for bathing during confinement shd be fine rite, if use herbal one?

thks ladies,
I want to make BC first as I do not want to go out during confinement. After this second birth, I want to close shop so I will obey all rules as once the 1 mth over, no matter what cannot "bu" back our body liao. But I will still bath with herbal everyday noon when there is sun and blow dry my hair.

I am down with flu & abit of sore throat, darn! Its twice in a mth liao & I just recovered from it last week!

Aylene: Wow, you very "li hai" to take your boy to shopping, I don't know if I can handle it! I think most likely have to train myself cos my DH is always so busy!

Eunice,

Tried negotiation b4 going out. But once we reach shopping, he goes wild & forgot everything I told him. So end up go home when really cannot take it. Cannot always carry him cos I no strength leh. Stroller too troublesome. Cos some shops don have much space to bring in stroller.

Maybe boys & gals different bah. My fren also commented that her younger boy is so much more difficult to handle than her elder gal. This is not 1 fren but 2 frens have this problem leh.

As I working freelance, whenever I want to shop, I'll jus take a day off & shop till I drop. Shiok to shop without the monster.

Pigpig,

So fast have 2nd one. Congrats. Must take care. R u looking after your boy alone? Don over stress yourself. I shall not ask u to rest more cos if looking after a boy really difficult to rest. Or mine is hyper that's why so difficult. Hm....

Storeberry,

Eunice and the rest who has 2 kids are more powerful. Me 1 only so easier to handle.

venture out to somewhere nearby 1st then when u are more confident then u go further lor. 1st time i took him out alone to town was to meet a friend who also has a boy 1mth older than my rascal. We just help each other along the way.

I also learned lots of things thru trial and error. When u make mistakes, you will be smarter next time.

Eunice
I dont have cramps but spotting and discharge. Have been taking duphastons since week 5. Hopefully all these signs will go away soon.

Athen
Thanks. I'm looking after my boy alone. I have to pay more attention on him since he is learning to crawl now. Dr Adrian keep telling me to rest but like what you said, it is really difficult to rest when I have to look after my boy. I guess all boys are hyper not only yours.

Back