Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

I personally don't hv a very good experience with Dr. Adrian, he gave me the impression that he pro c-sect for his own convenient.

For my first bb,he kept asking me to induce due to low AF, but i keep delaying coz i don't want to be induce & want to bb stay longer inside my womb.
But finally i gave in to him in week 38 because i don't want something to happen to my bb also. So during induced, he broke my waterbag without telling me, i was shocked & dunno how to react coz i didn't know what is happening. Then bb cannot take the stress then he suggested to go for c-sect.
His stitch was good, everything was fine other than i hv slight disappointed as he always asked me to go induce & break the waterbag without telling me....

For my 2nd pregnancy, i go back to him as his clinic is near to my house. I dislike him coz he never encourage VBAC or natural birth, in fact, he keeps telling me very high risk, you bb might not able to survive etc if we opt for natural birth ....
I was sad, i wanted to try natural, i wanted bb to stay inside the womb until he is ready to come out, Dr. Adrian straight away told me that he didn't do natural birth after c-section.
For me, he just want an easy way out & for his own convenient. Finally, i hv to give in, unless i want to change gynae. I choose a date which is 2 weeks later, which by calculation is only 37 weeks plus, but based on his calculation, it is already 38 weeks & it shd be safe.

I actually hv some mixed feeling, perhaps he is my gynae, he knows the best for me, maybe his way of persuading is diff....
but on the other hand, i wish he can be more pro-natural birth as this is the best for me & bb, i feel very bad coz i was not even given a chance to try or to choose what i want for my birth plan...

little mouse,

read your entry, but am very surprised to hear that!

Dr A is very pro natural birth, unless there is distress or danger, i believe no gynae will ask u to c-sec.. for your 2nd child, how close is it to your 1st child? I understand that if it's within 3 years, you have no choice but to c-sec, if not your previous wound will be affected.

i had premature labour pain at 32 wks, went to see him. and he will advise me the estimated hosp bills if i were to deliver... he will advise me to go KK because if the bb is born premature, he has to stay in the hosp for at least 1 month, KK will have all the facilities and care as well as a much lower bill... i like it that he pointed that out to me.

anyway, i went KK and the labour was stopped. carried the bb till 38wks with contractions very frequently. On exactly 38wks, woody then asked me to go hosp induce.. i feel it's a relief cos during those last weeks of the pregnancy, it's so tough!

Perhaps it's his way of persuading because I still see mummies here given birth naturally. And it could be that your #1 is c-sect so naturally #2 follows. For me, straight forward... Nearer to my EDD, we already communicated that it will be c-sect, asked me choose a date @ 38wks.

Perhaps, he is not like other gynae who has time to explain the birth plan etc. Or he may think that it's his responsibility to bring baby out safety in with both ways. That's the main concern. What if you have to end up with emergency c-sect after trying natural birth, it's double the cost again.

Yup, he encourages preganacy with complication to go govt hospital as there is more subsidise and their equipment are more advance. Got friends of mine all went KK due to pre-mature or complication. Cos it's true that their baby need to stay longer eg: 1 months if nicu there.
Imagine the cost of staying at private hospitals, it's going to cost a bomb. He meant well in this aspect. Helping us to be more cost effective.

I agree wih kd. Im having hypertension during my preg. Im seeing him n oso dr wee in kk as sugested by him. To prevent if anything happen, i will need to go kk to deliver my bb. My situation is waterbag burst n no choice hv to go by c-sec.
When i was on week 34, my gal is in breech position. He asked me to tok to my bb frequently so she will turn by her own. So ..... I dun really think he is tat kind of not encourage natural. Mayb there"s really some reason he wanted u to do tat.
But decision is still up to u. If u really wanted VBAC, i heard kk dr wee is quite expert on tis. Mayb u can try him.

Hi KD's mum, mommy poko & vonvon,

Read all your comment, did a lot of study, for VBAC, some said after 2 yrs, some even less than 2 yrs.

If you ask me honestly, i actually don't mind if my VBAC is not successful, at least i hv given it a try rather than not given a choice at all.

However, as the due date is drawing close, i am sort of leave with no choice, some how or rather, i feel better after reading yr comments, at least i know that he is not a bad gynae after all, it slowly help me to accept the arrangement & the fact that i need to go for c-section, though deep inside my heart, i still hope to postpone my C-section date to later week...

Changing gynae is not possible at the moment..
Thks for all the comments & advises.

Dear all mummies,
I have met him for the 1st time.
In my opinion he is good listener n looks professional.
Directly sign package with him cz i found out that my relative also had normal delivery under him n everything was smooth.
Told him abt my problem n he seems v understand my 1st delivery condition.
Atleast i feel better after telling him n i hope he can help to reduce my pain after next delivery by giving stronger painkiller.

You be fine after c-sect if you have to. Don't worry, most impt is both mummy and baby well and safe. 平安就好...

His stitches are good and recovery is fast.
Absolutely no problem with c-sect wound.
Just need to wash up and take extra care of it will do.
Have a smooth delivery! ;))

Hi little mouse

I had almost exact same experience as ur first kid. I personally also feel he nt pro natural. Same like u due date ask me go induced after that break water bag without inform. When full dialate, pushing mere 6 pushes told us bb distress go for c sect and explain bb head still very high!
If he have check that bb head ( nt engaged) high and bb big at 3.95kg beforehand when he break waterbag tat time instead of waiting for 10 over hrs to full dialate then tell me it's due to these reasons thus can't natural . I kind of cannot accept even till now even though it's almost 3 yrs ago.
Plus after birth follow up also had very bad experience with him thus conclude that he is superd in his stitching skills no doubts but other aspects NO for me.

Hi mummies, im kinda nervous as my edd is nearing, also delivering by dr Adrian. So far so gd, as commonly known, he's man of few words , but he does inititae conversation at times. My last visit with him, he asked me who's taking care of my baby after delivery. I was quite stunned when he asked this cos he seldom talks anything except baby. IMO, he's quite gd, will feedack m experience after delivery ;)

By the way, Does dr Adrian upgrade the room from single to premier single?

thks vonvon
happy.gif

hi Acneery,

Read abt yr story in the previous page, to be honest, if i were in yr shoes, i would be very angry as well, i think things can be avoided, if he has put in more effort to check if bb has engaged or the weight of the bb, you would not hv to go thru all the pains.

For me, if really anything happen, i only hv myself to blame, coz i choose to go back to him coz it is convenient for me....

A bit tempted to postpone my c-section to 1 week later, but everything has been confirmed & finalized, do u think Dr. A will allowed me to do so?????

hi, can mommies share with me his sk clinic hours ?
i have all 3 delivered by him , now preg with 4th one n might go back to him
happy.gif

I am now in 22 weeks and i have been seeing Dr Woodworth for my prenatal checkup. i have acquired his pacakge. However, I wonder why the nurse in the clinic asked me that I would need to pay deposit for the delivery sgd 1,712 (1,600+GST). His professional fee for normal delivery is 1,350...dont know why the extra charge? Nurse told me to ask him. i have not't though, maybe on the next visit.

My colleague was never asked for any professional fee upfront. Only after delivery, some more it's like I have to pay more that 100% of his professional fee as deposit. Is this normal? Do I really need to pay that much...I still in 5 mos preggy.

hi angelie, my cousin jus delivered under him..she say need to place a deposit. previously no need..now my #2 due in Nov, im seeing him again
happy.gif

Hi mommies,
This is my 4th preg, all my 3 pregnancies are natural
Birth under dr adrian.
He is a man o few words but his skills r superb , all 3 natural deliveries under him n no much pain at e stitches? part.

1st n 2nd r natural, 3rd one is natural + forcep
My hubby n i didnt even realize tt 3rd one he did use forcep coz it happens so fast.

Hi Hi,

Just to share. My lovely 1yr old girl was delivered by him last year. I would say that he is a v efficient gynae. If you prefer to have a detailed gynae, he may not the best.

I opted for natural but ended up with c-sect. I have difficuly in dilating and my labour took 22 hours. Perhaps my birth was difficult, but i felt that he could have handle it better. In the end, my hubby and I made the decision ourselves to proceed with c-sect after 22hrs. He was not around to guide us in our decision making at that moment.

When he had been informed of our decision, everything was done in a flash, documents signed w/o knowing what they were for (too stressed to bother), and i saw Dr Adrian in the operating theatre next. I was on GA and when I opened my eyes, wooh, everything was over within 20mins. Baby was born, stitching perfectly done.

In my opinion, although he may not be the best in natural birth, he may be the best in c-sect. Given a choice, I may not go back to him for natural birth but I will definately go to him for c-sect.

My ratings: 6/10 for natural for 9/10 for c-sect

hi sk, thanks !

i agreed that his skills for csec is really good. im opting for csec again this time too. but i hope to deliver in mt A, hopefully he dont ask me to choose tmc haha

Does anyone knows if we still get free upgrade from 4-bedder to 2-bedder? I got free upgrade back in 2007, not sure about now.

hi tigress, i did not get the free upgrade in 2009
sad.gif
he say all full cos i delivered on Vesak day and the next day is Mothers' day. hope this year Nov my edd i can get a free upgrade hee

I delivered in dec 2010. Got free upgrade. Said I wanted 2-bed n only paid for 4 bed. Delivered naturally by Dr Adrian. Found him very gd despite him being man of few words. He's very nice. I rem at my 35 or 36 weeks I went to see him several times coz was feeling so uncomfortable, can't sleep, n had terrible carpal tunnel. By the 3rd visit he just say I look so uncomfortable, n mummy better rest, he just write me mc all the way to my edd so that I can rest. Baby then looked small so we all thought she will come around the edd. But instead she came at the 37.5 week. Water bag burst around 430am, 1st time panic, call dr Adrian mobile. Just ask me to go hosp. All happen v fast for me. Then I saw some blood n contractions started just before I left the house. Reach hosp. Nurse say have to deliver already, no time for epi. All i know is that dr adrian arrived really quickly. Nurse abt to ask me to push n there he was. He did a cut n within 3 push my bb was out at 7am. Great stitch job. I could even walk slowly on my delivery day. Think he's great. Only after baby out we realize he only wearing tshirt short n slippers under the gown. Must have really rushed down. My sister in law also had dr Adrian as gynae. He live really near tmc. Which explain why he can come so fast. Will def return to him if I have #2

I love to see him with Tee and Bermudas w sandal. Haha!
When I re-admit 2 weeks after delivery, he sees me in such outfit. Felt so comfort to see him and v happy to see him at tmc... Wohaha!

Hihi. Just sign up wt dr Adrian again coz I discovered tt I am preggy wt #2. Really happy to see dr Adrian again. Still man of few words. But I feel so touched when he sounded a little disappointed tt my #1 is asleep. He actually asked twice "ur gal asleep is it?" and like try to look inside the stroller as he flip thru my gal old ultrasounds. Can't wait to go back for next visit to hear heartbeat though really quite tiring having to carry around #1 at home.

yan ling, his current antenatal package price is still the same 588.5 incl gst for delivery in sg. The details looks diff from my #1 though I can't rem what the changes are. Include limited visit n consultations (appt required, 13-15 visit, up to dr discression), blood pressure checks, urine test for suger n protein, routine blood test, ultrasound scan in clinic, antenatal vitamins, post natal visit. Exclude non routine med (bp, hormone, flu, cough, creams), non routine blood tests, down syndrome test, 20 week detailed ultrasound scan @tmc, pap smear (after delivery) surcharge for emergency delivery, surcharge for auspicious casear timing, non routine timing.

Hi, can I ask any mommys that have 2 c sect with dr Adrian did he actually do it in the same cut? Or you will have 2 cut after 2 c sect?

when is the earliest i can see baby in u/s?? i rem my no1 i see him at 6week plus.. can baby be seem at ard 5week 4days like tat?

littledot, u can try to WA or sms to him

im expecting #2 now. once i experience sharp pain and got panic so i sms him, he replied v fast and ask me to see him for a scan. everything was fine and feel better aft seeing him. he is really a great gynae. will issue MC to u and ask u to rest dont work haha. my #1 was delivered by him also. he will talk to my #1 and tell him to be a good boy dont ask mummy to carry him lol

I has c sect in 2009 and 2010, both at same cut.
Nice stitching and cant really see the line now.

Hi Ladies

Anyone here with Dr Adrian Woodworth at Sengkang.
I just ring and make an appt and the nurse told me is 1230pm to 2pm. Registration is 1145pm. First come first serve!

Was wondering is it for 1st appt that why like tat? the 2nd or 3rd time will have fixed appt timing?

Hi Rene,i think it will alw be like tat.cz his schedule is short n his patients alot.so better come earlier for registration.next visit u ll have the appt date n js need to take queue number.

had gone to see dr adrian woodworth for first appt, recommended by a friend who was very satisfied. unfortunately both hubz and me were not too comfy with his chopchop-ness. clinic's at CCK that's combined with a 24hr clinic so it's almost like a warzone, super cramp and bz. my first appt lasted 2minutes with a splitsecond scan that was over before i had time to say anything. didnt explain to me about my condition/or the meds i was given, no blood pressure/weight check, NIL. had a hundred qns in my mind but no time to ask because he spoke to me only in a single breath about the basic pregnancy stages and as long as i wasnt bleeding then just make next appt as usual. paid $187 for the 2min checkup/20min wait/and meds i have no idea about (for a first time mum). also didnt know that not advisable to take prenavit tabs with milk (only found this out online).

eventually went to raffles and paid abit more about $200 +/- for an even better and routine check with a very patient gynae who took my qns and gave me 100% assurance on each visit. i guess to each his own.

was initially a little disappointed with dr woodworth, looked fwd to it coz less costly plus he does have a reputation for delivering bb as well. guess better to stick w someone im comfy with..

Jus an advise:

i have 6 cousin/cousin inlaw give birth on the same year as me. total 7.

Those with Pte (4) gynae c-sect(Thomson or Mt A).
Those with KKH (3) Privte suite is natural birth.

pte gynae will try to persuade Easy wayout ro c sect for their convenience and to earn more.

KKH even a snr conultant cannot encourage c-sect becos they need to write a report if u r being c-sect.

As c-sect is very unnecessary surgery unless complication like breech or low plancenta

Hi ladies,

this is my 2nd pregnancy (havn't seen any gynea yet), thinking of going back to Woodworth. I had my #1 in 2011 at Mt A with Dr Woodworth. Natural + forcep (Induced and no epi). Like Dr Woodworth's speed and stitching skill (highly reco by friends). Using forcep reduced my pushing time although he didn't ask me but glad my deliver was only 2hrs n 2 pushes. Can anyone share the visiting hours in Compass Point?

Hi

Just delivered by no. 2 with Dr Adrian. Natural + Forcep as well Induced with Epi. Never had Dr Adrian encouraging me to do C-sec leh. In fact all along he said, "Natural right" just like the 1st one. And yes, his stitching is really very good. I'm in the 2nd week of my confinement, feel that everything is healing very well.

I really had great experience with Dr Adrian for my No. 1 and 2. In fact I thought he was quite funny when I went to see him during my last appt, telling him that baby movement felt less. He then asked me, "You got anything on tonight? U free I meet you at the hosp and induce baby". His reasoning was ultrasound show that baby heartbeat there, mean baby still ok, to induce at 38, 39 or 40 weeks don't make a difference to the baby. Since I felt less baby movement, there is possibility that baby could end up stillbirth if I wait for water bag to burst naturally. Afterall, we all want baby to come out safe and well. Really felt quite relieved later after the induced delivery as baby was already quite big. Can't imagine baby growing any bigger, think I wont be able to push him out.

Anyway, MemorableChocolate. His SK clinic (located beside the MRT and not within Compass Point) hours are:

Mon 1245-2pm
Tues 530-730pm
Thurs 1245-2pm
Fri 530-730pm
Sat 1245-2pm
Wed, Sun, PH closed

Clinic No 63888125

Luckystarz. Congrats on your no. 2.

Ya, I also feel my healing was fast. Yes, Dr Adrain never mention or suggest C-sect for me either. Partly my baby is really small.

Btw, Thanks for the opening hours. =)

I just delivered my #2 by dr adrian also. He likes to use forceps!
But honestly I dont mind. I didnt use epidural so the faster delivery due to forceps was welcomed. :D

I kinda like him. I was induced on my EDD at 2pm. And he said baby will come out before dinner then I can proceed to have dinner. My first thought was:can so fast meh?

And i delivered at 630pm. And really had dinner after giving birth. Lol.

By 3rd day i stopped taking my painkillers because my wound no longer painful. So i think his stitching skills really good.

My 2 kids were delivered by him in 08 and 10. Honestly, I really think he has gd stitching coz I could walk str after delivery w/o much pain. I am still w him for my #3 now. Had a talk w him yester, I dun think he is pro c sect, he sounded more pro natural however I am very sure he is pro induced n also uses vacuum n forceps a lot of times. Personally I dun like that , I did tell him that I prefer not to be induced this time round. I will see how it goes, both times he commented my AF low, this time round I did some research on AF and will check w him when the time comes. Hope to deliver w/o beng induced and w/o using vacuum or forceps.

I've just go back to him on Monday and sign up his package for #2. Ya indeed he like to induce and forceps. I kind of like being induced as my delivery was only 2hrs mayb due to induced. So #2 I may likely request for reduce. As for forceps, initially i was abit angry cause my boy's head was abit out of shape after that. Lucky now ok liao. So i guess it is still q. ok to use forcep cause i don't really have to push much. Even he were to ask me on the spot whether he can use forcep or not, I don't think i'm able to answer during the point of delivery. Haha.

I didn't take any painkiller after delivery, it was almost painless throughout till healing. Indeed not much suffering on wound = happier mummy = happier baby.

Back