Advise on SO-IUI vs IVF?

Yve
Since u're slightly early for 6 wks.. plus u actually hvn't been eating a lot.. bb shd catch up when u feel n can eat much better.

And if ur gynae said it's not a concern, then the most u shdn't worry!

Hv faith.. in ur bb n in urself.
happy.gif

Yve,

Since doc just say to be careful, and did not specifically say there's any cause for concern, you just be more careful lah.

Don't overly worry if not your bb will also feel anxious. Try to send positive thoughts to your bb ok?

If really cannot eat a lot, you just pick & choose the nutritious food. It's ok not to eat a lot bcoz bbs are good suckers so they will suck all the necessary nutrients. Doesn't mean you eat more = they will eat more.

Don't worry too much ok? I bet your bb will catch up by the next scan and you can hear the heartbeat soon =) Next week will come very fast!! Keep yourself excited and happy ok?

today my colleague came in to give away 1 mth cake.. haiz... looking at the baby, I want to cry leh.. dunno why will I have my own kid....
sad.gif

Ju,
yesterday I went to celebrate my nephew's 3 years old birthday. My sister married 1 year after me & her elder son is already celebrating 3 years old birthday. Her younger son is already walking steadily and so chubby chubby and so handsome. I've long resigned to my fate, not sure whether I'll have my own kid, but I will definitely work hard so I will not regret in future. You too, please jia you 8:)

Ju
U're almost there already...

I guess we're all a bit emotional when we're doing ART, with all the hormone jabs.

My friend told me, instead of feeling sad, we mus tell ourselves, each time we c a pregnant lady or newborn, we will be like them very soon and we will carry our own child in our arms very soon!!
happy.gif

Yve
dun wori too much ok. Doc said nothing to be of concern nw. bb will catch up
happy.gif

Ju
*Catmon sayang Ju*
U'll have your own soon...
happy.gif

Hi Yve,

Congrats on your singleton. Your bb will catch up. Maybe you can play some relaxing or happy music to keep your mind off this period. Don't worry too much, although know it's difficult not to.

Just now start to have spotting liao, actually when i tested BFN on sat i should have accepted the fact. But was still stupidly keeping my spirits high coz my BTT was still higher than previous....i think i'm also jinx with test kit, always one line.....sigh

Now waiting for full flow to start my cycle of SO-IUI.

Hi Hazeline, may i know how long apart did you start your 2nd IUI?

What about the other ladies doing SO-IUI here?

Dear all,

Sorry im very new to this SO-IUI and IVF matters. I hope some of u could answer my queries.

I will be visiting KKH for consultation on our fertility health this week. But the sad thing is.. My hubby will be posted to overseas for 2 yrs starting from next mth
sad.gif

I was wondering can I get KKH to freeze my hubby's sperm for future use on IUI or IVF treatment? Or my hubby's sperm had to be fresh? Anyone could advise me on this? Thanks...

Ju,

Must be the hormones making you feel this way. Think of it this way, you will soon be doing your ER & ET, step by step closer to your dreams, so must have faith ok?

labbitpj,

Yes, can freeze your DH sperms no problem one. If u want, can also freeze a few batches just in case. Think Bambi will also be doing the same.

snowies
I did my SO-IUI back to back..
happy.gif

labbitpj
I believe KKH can freeze ur DH's army.. at a fee. Ur timing is a bit tight, so u may want to call up directly n ask for details..

Hi DeviLina, what was the jab you took on day 2? I was prescribed clomid and think from day 8 onwards Gonal F on alternate days for last cycle.
This cycle i will be on 2 clomids from day 2 to 7, after that will need to see go back to see gynae.

labbitpj,
you can request for multiple samples for freezing. First time is around $320 per year, subsequent samples for around $165 per year. They will be stored together, but in different straws.

Please see doctor early cos for example, freezing takes place on Friday, then DH has to clear the soldiers on Monday, abstain from sex/m~~~ on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, then produce his soldiers on Friday morning.

Also, doctor will conduct physical check-up, blood test, semen analysis before he/she make any recommendation to you for IVF or SOIUI. If both you & DH have no major issues, sometimes doctor will prescribe some medicine and advise you to try natural ( when you visit him, and when he's back for holidays).

ladies,
thanks!! Just yesterday, my DH was telling me... ur ET & ER is soon... Do you think we have chances to have BB...
Can you imagine how I feel.. Sad....
I just hope that God listens to my prays and wishes every day...

TryAgain,
you mean, you're confirmed BFP ? Congratulations !!! Smooth 9 months ahead 8:)

What's your beta reading for today ?

Also, don't be nervous if you have some typo or post wrongly. You can click on the icon on top right hand corner of your own message to edit/amend your post 8:) As long as it is within 20 minutes that you sent out your post, it is still possible to edit/amend 8:)

OMG, TryAgain!! So happy for u!

Take good care of urself, ok?

Woah.. now really stock season.. we r hving a roll here leh!

Tryagain!

Congrats!!! Wow this is the season!! Jia you everyone!! Ruru & Ju, your turns soon =)

It's really a great feeling to see that sunflower blooming! Really brightens up my blue blue monday!

From now onwards must take good care of yourself ok? Positive thoughts! Don't think abt what you did in the past weekend. Look forward ok? Hope you will have a smooth 9 mths ahead!

Thanks ladies, i am so nervous, feel faint now. Feel like want to cry but dont know how. Still abit in awe.

My reading is now 73iu. KKH say got double so its good but still not their ideal so they want me to go back and BT again on wed. For now, i will just take very good care.
happy.gif

I also called Dr Zou, have to pick up an tai yao from her. Finally i dont let her down, feel comforted.

I really feel like crying now. 4 times ET, 2 years, many many heart breaks and tears ... finally now my broken heart can heal and smile.

Thanks gals for being here for me all these while. THANKS!!! from bottom of my heart!
happy.gif

I guess still not stable since HCG level so low. I am still hoping and believing for the best.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynea</TD><TD>Treatment</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Status </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vi4N</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IUI</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gillian Woo</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>SO-IUI</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juliana</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Lucrin </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ruru Cat</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr L K Yap</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>Mar / Apr 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bambi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>May </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mystyy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah-Kat</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SunFl@wer</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florida</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rinoa</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>Mar / Apr 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>PebbleS</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sue</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Haze1ine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>Jun/Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eskimobaby</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FET</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moody77</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>ER "Thurs - 5th March 09" </TD></TR><TR><TD>Try Again</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>FET</TD><TD>1st Trimester</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Catmom (Devellina)</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>SOIUI</TD><TD>1st Trimester</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yve</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>1st Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Triplets </TD></TR><TR><TD>Strawbearbi</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mariayee</TD><TD>In JB</TD><TD></TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Twins </TD></TR><TR><TD>Felixcat</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>IVF</TD><TD>2nd Trimester</TD><TD>Singleton </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Updated as at 16th March 2009</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Lina, no leh, she just say continue the inserts then wed replenish something else bah.

Haze, ya i am very thankful. I just hope my BT this wed is ok too. Very nervous still. Abit on tenterhooks also.

Wow Ju, thats fast. Thanks.
happy.gif

Gonna pray thanksgiving tonite. Will pray for you all too.
happy.gif

Hello gals,
I m starting my 1st Lucrin jab on 2nd April. My CD2 hormone blood test is FSH (6.9 iu/l), LH (2.18 iu/l), Prolactin (11.82 ug/l), Estradiol (62 pmol/l). Anybody knows all these readings r within e ok range?

try again
dun wori u'll be fine. I was nervous too then. Kept asking these ladies if my hCG readings are ok. Nw I take it easy &amp; waiting patiently for my scanning tml
happy.gif

Tryagain,

Just take good care of yourself, rest more, don't tire yourself out, eat well. I'm sure your beta will reach the desired levels soon. Make sure you still take your folic acid also.

Strawbearbi, ya i will. Luckily got left over progynova and the insert in my bag, i went to take them all just now liao.

When speaking to Dr Zou, she gently chided me for stopping everything myself since last friday too.

I didnt know BT should try to ask for HCG level. If not for you gals telling me today to check my HCG levels, i think now i will still be sitting in my chair grieving over my BFN last sat. SO thanks!!
happy.gif

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N !!!!!

 SiNg A LoNG 
Congratulations and celebrations
when I tell everyone that you're in love with me.
Congratulations and jubilations
I want the world to know I'm happy as can be.

Who would believe that I could
be happy and contented.
I used to think that happiness
hadn't been invented,
but that was in the bad old days
before I met you
when I let you walk into my heart.

I want the world to know I'm happy as can be.

I was afraid that maybe
you thought you were above me.
That I was only fooling myself
to think you'd love me.
But then tonight you said
you couldn't live without me
that round about me
you wanted stay.

I want the world to know I'm happy as can be

wow...lots of ox babies this yr
happy.gif

govt shld be happy nw ....hehe kept complaining that SG women are not bearing enuf...but they dun see our probs.

DeviLina
Totally agreed!

Maybe they shd count the no. of x we hv tried to increase our country's birth rate, but in vain!

Yve,

Don't worry, the babies will catch up in size one...Must stay happy, and be happy all the time now.

Try Again,

Congrats.. and do take good care of yourself and the little one.. Pregnancy is not an easy journey compared to fertility journey.

I share my symptoms as reference ok? I think my most obvious was that day 12 spotting and breast pain and high BBT.

Day 12DPO or 10DPET
- Spotting about slightly more than 50cent coin, brownish not fresh red (i sneezed hard that afternoon so that might be the cause also)
- Got some EWCM also mixed with the spotting above

Day 13DPO or 11DPET

- Spotting clears
- When i bent down once to pick things up, felt strain in the womb

Day 14DPO or 12DPET

- Felt abit pain in the breasts
- Lost sense of taste (yesterday i keep complaining DH cooked dinner the non usual way)

Day 15DPO or 13DPET

- BBT high, still no AF, creamy CM

Ladies,

Today is indeed a great day, went for my detailed scan today too and my bb are all doing well and my cervix is better now at 3.1 compared to 2.7 at last visit. Now the docs want me to concentrate to get past 28 weeks which is the safe mark. Praying hard now everyday that i can tahan and tahan for another 7 weeks.

Ok ladies i am going back liao. Still thinking how to tell DH later. His eyes were already watery last fri when i told him i saw blood and thought AF coming.

TryAgain,
ask your DH to pick up the An Tai Yao for you, you try to rest as much as possible, don't move around so much 8:)

TryAgain, Congratulation .. so when will change the nick?
happy.gif

Rinoa, we all just try again ok.

Friday dr told me maybe i was too stress up that's why AF reported so late. For this cycle he asked me to take jab to induce more eggs on day 7,8,and 9. then 23 March will do IUI again. Second round and hope that it is the last round.
happy.gif

Back