Advice on what to pack for hospital bag!

kim714

Hello mommies! I am going to be delivering soon in July and am currently getting ready for my baby's arrival. Would like to know what I would need to pack for my hospital stay after giving birth. I'm thinking of getting one nursing bra first for convenience and comfort cause I intend to breast feed my baby once she's out but not sure if it's really necessary. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

Hi there, I read this blog post and thought it was quite useful.
Here's the link! http://miracule.wordpress.com/2013/...s-for-giving-birth-in-thomson-medical-centre/

Meanwhile do rem to bring along a pair of hotel bedroom slippers (one that you wouldn't mind disposing at the end of your stay). Alternatively a pair of ur own house slippers are fine but just troublesome to bring if you are not already wearing it to the hospital. Hotel slippers are easier to slip on for visits to the toilet.

And upon discharge, make sure there is someone other than your husband/designated driver to help you carry your newborn baby to the car/taxi cos seriously you won't be able to manage both baby n yourself esp if u had a Csec. Even if it's a normal delivery, best to have someone like your mum or aunt to help with a crying baby while you can help yourself move slowly in and out of the car.

Ahh thank you so much! Really informative article! As for the advice about having another person other than my partner with me, I'm not sure if I might have my mom with me though. A little worried that it might be hard for my partner and I when we're going home now. :(

don't forget to pack a few things for your baby, the hospital is obviously going to dress your baby but having your own clothes is going to be unforgetable

Cheers! Rgds to going home outfits, usually babies will alr be swaddled up nicely by the hosp upon discharge, if u are delivering at TMC, and I guess other pte hosps also have this usual procedure. But I heard for KKH, they need you to bring your own bb clothes, so depends where you are delivering! :)

Cheers! Rgds to going home outfits, usually babies will alr be swaddled up nicely by the hosp upon discharge, if u are delivering at TMC, and I guess other pte hosps also have this usual procedure. But I heard for KKH, they need you to bring your own bb clothes, so depends where you are delivering! :)
Yes I would bring my own clothes even if the hospital provided them! Going to be keeping her going home outfit so I want it to be nice! Currently deciding on what bra to bring for the hospital though. My current bras are all those normal wired solid colors or fancy ones. Any advices?

Back