Advice Needed: What is the rate difference btw public & private hospital?

omomomom

I have heard about pricey rate for private hospital, like TMC, but the doctors seem have good skill during birth delivery and post-natal pain etc can be reduced..

I have no idea on what are the packages to be signed, regular checkup charges, testing/scanning charges, is there a package to include all this except birth delivery, or etc etc......

Please kindly advise.!!! this is the first time so I have no clue at all...@@

Hi,

I delivered my baby at Mount Alvernia Hospital in September last year. The service was really good and the delivery suite was very conducive and certainly made me feel at home. After deductions from CPF Medisave, I only had to pay about $700 total in cash. As for my gynae, she has her own clinic and hence she goes to any hospital to deliver.

Hi, my edd is July 2012. I have signed up routine consultation package with my Gynae at cost of $680. The fees incl normal routine scan, consultation n medications. Starts from first visit till delivery. As for delivery, that will be different cost. Can choose from TMC, Mt A. Cost I think about 4k++ for 4 bedded room. Hope this help.

hi your gynae is cheap can recommend? Maybe I can go see her for my second child next time. My gynae visits cost $150+ per visit & her package is at $900 starting from wk 12 onwards, excluding first visit.

Hi... U can try Dr Lawrence Ang at sun plaza. He is cheap and good n experience... Alot of my friends is using him. Mi too... Nw having my 1st baby n delivering in somewher end mar... This Doc is gd if u r a no nonsense person coz he nt tat kind tok alot nonsense Doc... Package abt $580-$600 if i nt rem wrongly... Bt he gt alot patients so need to wait abit long la...

Hello omomomom. I gave birth in KKH and did not pay anything at all for the hospital stay. It was covered under the basic insurance I signed up. The ward I stayed in was a 5-bed ward, air-con with attached bathroom. I had given birth on a public holiday, 2am in the morning, but the team of nurses and a doctor did a fantastic job. The entire birthing experience was great and I was in good hands even though I had to have the epidural at the very last min. For the monthly checkups, no package is needed, cost was under $80 including multi vitamins for baby. Yes, the waiting queue is long and during school holidays like June, you have to walk around the waiting area more carefully. Patients with children, let their children run around, not caring if they'll ram into other pregnant ladies. Nurses on duty are aware but most can't be bothered to do anything. I gave feedback to KKH on it when it happened to me. Hopefully they did something.

I never considered any other private hospitals because if I had any complications at the very last min, it is confirmed that the gynaes will ward me back at KKH. The costs incurred at KKH will not be covered under their package.

I was surfing through motherhood forums abt this Dr Lawrence Ang. This is what I found: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5453919/5683979.html?1326533891

Hi, i delivered at MT A. both hubby n me very pleased with the service. nurses are very caring and helpful.

my friend from delivered at KK told me, her doc dont do ultrasound on every visit which i thot was disappointing as i would want to see the ultrasound on every visit.

Hi, the consultation rates of public hospital cost the same as the private ones and at some times more expensive if you are going in as a private patient in a public hospital.

I paid more than $100 each time I visit my gynae at KKH. Even when I did not collect medicine, the consultation and other rountine tests will amount to more than $96.

I did ultrasound each time I visit my gynae as the machine in every room of the TPS.

Hi, I gave birth in Mount A. both time the cash i fork out is less than $500. Stayed in 2 bedded. Private gynae: Dr hii (at khatib), his package now is $1200(cash) start from 12wks, include consultations, scans & delivery. Very nice gynae, friendly, will ans ur qns slowly, n also do scan very detailed.

Back