Advice Needed - TMC Bill Size

hi,

do we need to ask the reception when doing admission for it? or they will auto give one?

how many parking coupon per room? 1 per room per nite?

Hi Mummies,

This is my breakdown for the hospital bill. I got discharged on 18/05/09. Btw, mine was auto upgraded from 4 bed to 2 bed. I stayed 3 days 2 night.

When you first admit, a deposit of $800.00 is required and balance will be refunded if there is any.

So which means when I discharge, I paid $1405.82 - $800.00 = $449.42

THIS IS FOR BABY STAY IN HOSPITAL

HOSPITAL CHARGES

BABY PACKAGE 2 DAYS = $338.00

OUT OF PACKAGE ITEMS
DRUGS/MEDICINE = $15.10
MEDICAL SUPPLIES = $41.00
MEDICAL LABORATORY FEE = $20.00
PROCEDURE = $75.00
TOTAL HOSPITAL CHARGES INCLUSIVE GST = $523.34

DOCTOR CHARGES
DR LIM PECK NEO LILIAN (medisave) = $100.00
DR LIM PECK NEO LILIAN (non-medisave) = $120.00
TOTAL PROFESSIONAL FEES = $220.00

GRANDTOTAL: $523.34 + $220.00 = $743.34

**MEDISAVE AND MEDISHIELD DEDUCTION**
HOSPITAL CHARGES = -$486.96
PROFESSIONAL FEES = - $100.00

TOTAL DEDUCTION = -$586.96

BALANCE AFTER DEDUCTION: $743.34 - $586.96 = $156.38

PAYMENT REQUIRED = $156.38

THIS IS FOR MOTHER’S STAY IN HOSPITAL
HOSPITAL CHARGES

ASSISTED DELIVERY WITH EPIDURAL 4 BEDDED 2 DAYS = $1320.00

OUT OF PACKAGE ITEMS
DRUGS/MEDICINE = $106.70
MEDICAL SUPPLIES = $21.60
PROCEDURE = $75.00
TOTAL HOSPITAL CHARGES INCLUSIVE GST = $1629.94

DOCTOR CHARGES
DR LOO CHEE CHUEN (Epidural) (non-medisave) = $325.00
DR WOODWORTH, ADRIAN BENEDICT (medisave) = $855.02
DR WOODWORTH, ADRIAN BENEDICT (non-medisave) = $589.48
TOTAL PROFESSIONAL FEES = $1769.50

GRANDTOTAL: $1629.94 + $1769.50 = $3399.44

**MEDISAVE AND MEDISHIELD DEDUCTION**
HOSPITAL CHARGES = -$1294.98
PROFESSIONAL FEES = - $725.00

TOTAL DEDUCTION = -$2019.98

**ANTE-NATAL CARE**
MEDISAVE CLAIM FOR ANTE-NATAL SUBMISSION OF $588.50 * = -$130.02

BALANCE AFTER DEDUCTION: $3399.44 - $2019.98 - $130.02 = $1249.44

PAYMENT REQUIRED = $1249.44

TOTAL PAYMENT REQUIRED FOR BABY AND MOTHER (AFTER DEDUCTING MEDISAVE)
= $156.38 + $1249.44 = $1405.82

hmm.. can i ask other than epi that Mich has taken , compared it with mrslim bill, one is 1 bedder and the other is 2 bedder, still same 1.4k leh... same gynae somemore. Other than Epi, is there other difference?

think PD also got discount.
a little discount here and there.. quite worth it.. beside the FBI.. i can't think of what else make up the different?

jan jan > the recep will give u upon admission.

2 coupons for 2 n 4-bed n 3 for 1-bed i think.

hi,

can someone tell me if tmc provide maternity sanitary pads? do we need to prepare some for ourselves?

does tmc also provide enough diapers? do we need to get another pack of newborn size or s size?

they will provide 1 pack. Better to buy 2 more packs as you will need to change it v frequent.

AFter that, can used night type.

This is what I done the last round.

connie,

where n which brand of maternity sanitary pad did u recommend?

i pack how many pieces?

is it best use it with disposable panties?

hi jan: happen to see yr enquiry so decided to reply instead...i would recommend pureen one from kiddy palace...7.95 for 20 pcs(i brought only one of this pkt to tmc during my delivery n its enough) n tmc will have sufficient diapers for bb...u will still have balance to bring hm...hope this helps...

pinkdemoness,

thanks for ur reply.

r maternity sanitary pads similar to those normal sanitary pads, but only bigger n thicker in size?

Maternity are different from normal pad.
You can buy at NTUC or kiddy palace. Look out for those stating maternity pad. Buy those that had adhesive, it will be easier since we are more familiar with adhersive pad.

The nurse at TMC will teach you how to use.
Bring the whole pack just in case. I use 1.5pack the last round but my stay there was short as I give birth at 11pm so already consider as a day. If give birth afther 12 midnight, think u will use more.

I use disposable panties as I'm doing the confinement at SIL place.

i think its advisable since the 1st 2 wks of bleeding can b quite heavy and messy.
happy.gif

pinkdemoness,

$5 per pc? thats v expensive!! i am thinking of getting a pack of 5/7 at watsons..

r the one provided by tmc same as those sold at watsons?

jan jan,
the one provided by TMC is different fr the disposables sold at watsons or NTUC...dats y its so ex...outside dun sell...only can buy at TMC

hi,

may i know what r the items r included in d maternity package at tmc?

n wat r not?

i was told that diapers n sanitary pads r chargable?

pls advise.

dun buy the disposable panties fm watsons..vy lousy..will tear whenever i change my sanitary pad. I highly recommend the brand "Impressions" for expectant mothers.. i bought it fm metro few yrs back. the quality is just like cloth..vy comfy.

As for the panty provided by TMC, u dun hv to buy extra..they will provide u with 2. u can wash and dry it and wear it again. The material is such that its vy easy to wash off any stains and it dries easily.

Anyone willing to share the bill for TMC c-sec with epidural, 1-bedded (newly-renovated) with companion cost ?

Btw, anyone know how much TMC charge for bb diaper (pamper brand, right), maternity pad etc ?
Any other stuff they charge & costs ?

Thansk !

hi all

may i know if we wanna reg bb birth cert at tmc, do we need to provide the spelling of the dialect name, or tmc has the computer prog that we jz need to tell them the dialect name n they will spell for us?

i bought this panty from BHG last week, its like those stocking material and very stretchable. The sales promoter aim pregnant women 1. she say many pregnant women wear that. It's not a disposable underwear but its ez to wash n fast to dry and very cheap. I don't know if the promo is still on , when i bought, they have this promo , if u buy 2 more more u get 30% discount. 1 container has 3 panties and its $4.20 after discount. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Hi All,

Need your help and advise.

My wife bill after stay at 4 bedded with Epidural total cost is 4000 plus. after 700 cash rebate and 1400 medisave. I need to come out cash abt 1900 which i find confusing. I got a friend friend who also deliver on the same day with me also stay 4 bedded with epidural and just diff gynae. Just need to come out cash at around 1200 dollar.

I just some of the forum and found out one of the reason for me to come out cash around 1900 is bcos my baby bill and my wife bill is added together. Thus my baby bill cant use Medisave to offset.

The reason they tell me is bcos my baby and my wife discharge together thus the bill is combined. But if the bill is combined i cant use my medisave to deduct for the baby bill.

Anyone who just deliever recently and baby and mother discharge together but the mother bill and baby bill is separated.

Please advise.

Thanks alot

hi, can any mother share with me the TMC bill breakdown for single-bedded, normal delivery with epidural with companion stay. OR similar type? dun think will go for their newly renovated deluxe room (same as single bedded except with PC)as was told from 15 oct 2009 onwards, per night room stay is $588. more ex than single bedded which is $430.

Hi Wei,

i just discharged last fri and what i took is a singel room wif compansion stay but i went thru c section instead. Below is d details:

hospital charges:
c-section wif epi, 1 bedded 3 days
$2795.00

out of package items:
accomodation-companion-$225.00
labour ward services-$275.00
medicines-$98.35
medical supplies-$211.90
procedure-$121.00
use of equipment-$179.00
facility-$45.00
Less-FBI membership-hospital charges-$100
total hospital charges inclusive of gst-$4119.78

doctor charges
Dr Wong Kahoe (Epid)-$700(non medisave)
Dr Woodworth-$1450 (medisave)
Dr Woodworth-$636.50 (non-medisave)
Total professinal charges (with FBI card $100 discount)-$2686.50

Grand total-$6806.28

Medisave and Medishield deduction:
Hospital charges-$2500.00
Professinal fee-$1450.00

Medisave and medishield claimed-$3950.00
balance after deduction-$2856.28

Hospital charges:
Baby package-$388.00

out of package items:
accomodation-$100.00
medicines-$15.10
medical supplies-$41.00
medical laboratory fee-$214.00
procedure-$245.00
use of equipment-$125.00
facility-$30.00
Less-FBI membership-hospital charges-$100
total hospital charges inclusive of gst-$1197.96

doctor charges
Dr Llillian Lim (medisave)-$150.00
Dr Llillian Lim (non-medisave)-$130.00
Less: FBI membership-$28.00
Grand total-$1449.96

Medisave and Medishield deduction-$1161.58
Professional Fee-$150

Balance after deduction-$138.38

hi bluzcorner, thank you for the breakdown. need to ask u smthg. i thought the total deduction from medisave is only $2500+$1450. How come u still have another deduction of $1161.58+$150? also is the $450 for antenal pkg medisave claim also included?

So in total u still need to fork out around 3k right? was still pondering whether to op for 1-bedded or 2-bedded (automatic upgrade from 4-bedded). can save around 1k but dun really like the idea of staying with another person in the same room.

Hi Wei,

haha...actually the whole bill to me is very messy, i think only my hubby know what we are actually paying. What i know is we only fork out 3k plus and the medisave deduction is abt $5k.
I only looked at the bill when i come into this topic and would like to contribute my fair share.

And in the first place i opted for natural birth but things did not go well for me so in the end had to go for c-section. I did understand from my friends that if opt for natural in the end go for c-section there will be an extra charges from hospital, however, i did not really see it in the bill.

When are you due? It really good to have hubby stayed in together. It gave a lot of morale support and do enjoy the time in hospital cos when coming back hm if you hv to look after baby in the night will be terrible....haha....

hi bluzcorner, my EDD is 07 Jan 10. but heard from people that will always be earlier than actual due date. i preferred single bedded n to have my hubby stay w me.. initially was looking at single premium but realised their $70 higher than single-bedded is only till 15th oct this year. so most prob will go for single-bedded.

the medisave deduction part was really very blur as it seems more was being deducted than allowable. so dunno how they calculate..

congrats on your newborn bb... must be feeling very amazed with the little one face to face after 9mth in ur tummy...

Wei, i can fully understand that you must b anxious to see ur little one....i start my leave when i was 38wk and my gal only came out on 40wk, make me so anxious everyday hoping to see her sooner.

do go for d single bedded one. I was admitted to the premium single bedded initially as the single bedded was fully taken up. I personally did not like it. Ok, the room was big and spacious, u n ur husband gets to hv one LCD TV each. But then the bed for mummy is too far away from toilet. imagine if u r gg thru c-section, u got to walk so many steps to the toilet. I can tell u is very uncomfortable. i then requested to change to single bedded once there is vacancy. Single bedded is more cosy, and i seriously think is good enough.

hi has anyone here delivered with dr adrian woodworth c-section with epi 4 beded ? how much cash i ned fork out?

Gynae: Dr LC Cheng
Anaesthetist: Dr Phua WT
PD: Dr Ang Ai Tin

Room Type: Premier Single
Delivery: C-sect with epidural planned
No. Of days: 4d3n

Bill Size: 3k cash

Hi,

can I ask the experienced mummies here about the difference between c-section with epidural and c-section with spinal? Are they not the same? Which one is better?

Mummies must remember to check yr hospital bill carefully when u pay. for me, my hubby paid 1st and i only checked the bill when i got home. and the reason i checked is cos my bill is v ex at $8k plus!

I realised we were billed wrongly for several items e.g. 1st trimester ultrasound scan(!!!) in my hospital child-birth bill. had to call them to ask for a refund...very lehcheh.

Hello Mummies!

I realized from the older posts, some mummies have deducted quite alot from their medisave. Eg: Medisave deduction for baby package and medisave deduction for Mummy (maternity package + prof fees)

I am delivering at TMC this march and I chose the single-bedded maternity package at $2088 for 2 days, natural delivery no epi (hopefully!).
But it states, medisave deduction for maternity package is $1400 max, and $700 for Gynae package = $2100 total medisave deduction only.. I did not see any baby package etc..

So is this the new bill format now? Can any mummies share? how come some can deduct medisave and medishield so much?

Thank thanks!
happy.gif

Hi anyone paid the deposit $800 thru credit card? My credit card bill reflects that i have to pay $800 and not the actual amount deducted from TMC bill. Is it i have to pay the full $800 fers den wait for the next credit card bill to show whether they have credited back?

Apparantly, TMC has increased all their prices this year. Noted my bill last yr and this yr, the basic package for C sec with Spinal has increased by $50. Deposit no longer $800 but $1000 upfront first too. Just delivered my no2 on 8 May only.

Hi mummies,
So we have to pay upfront deposit of $1000, and gynae fee maybe $800, so in the end, how much they return to you after medisave deduction?

Back