Advice needed - DD diagnosed with GDD

Axe Law

Hi,

I'm new here and this is very first post. I'm a dad, not mum and I'm very sorry to post here (where majority's mum). I do not know what I'm seeking, maybe just a space to talk.

My daughter is diagnosed with global development delay, her assessment shows she's below average in all area from gross motor, fine motor, to speech and language. Her Pediatric refer to all everyone (omg) - OT to PT, SLT and the EIPIC program. Her school is also not forgiving. Her principle told me her peers is already writing without aids (dotted line) while my daughter still writing in complete scribble.

My wife, unfortunately doesn't care. I applied annual leave, childcare, mc, everything I could bring forward to HR so I can bring my daughter to therapies, to doctor appointment while my wife just claim she cant apply. After work, I revise her school homework, play with her while my wife just sit one corner playing with her handphone. Trust me, I've try communicating with her...

I am not trying to be discouraging by saying all the negative things. Apologies... i just need to rant here...

Finally, anyone have similar experience on children with GDD... please share, how you help your kids?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm new here and this is very first post. I'm a dad, not mum and I'm very sorry to post here (where majority's mum). I do not know what I'm seeking, maybe just a space to talk.

My daughter is diagnosed with global development delay, her assessment shows she's below average in all area from gross motor, fine motor, to speech and language. Her Pediatric refer to all everyone (omg) - OT to PT, SLT and the EIPIC program. Her school is also not forgiving. Her principle told me her peers is already writing without aids (dotted line) while my daughter still writing in complete scribble.

My wife, unfortunately doesn't care. I applied annual leave, childcare, mc, everything I could bring forward to HR so I can bring my daughter to therapies, to doctor appointment while my wife just claim she cant apply. After work, I revise her school homework, play with her while my wife just sit one corner playing with her handphone. Trust me, I've try communicating with her...

I am not trying to be discouraging by saying all the negative things. Apologies... i just need to rant here...

Finally, anyone have similar experience on children with GDD... please share, how you help your kids?
Thanks in advance.

How old is your child? And where n what therapies your daughter is attending?

Back