Academy Kids or Kiddy Academy

mumj

Hello.. I'm staying in the East and thinking of sending my 4 month old baby boy to either Academy Kids or Kiddy Academy. Any comments about these two places? Any other infant care centre to recommend in the east?

<font face="calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">mumJ</font>,

My 9 mo ger has been with Kiddy Academy for bout 4 mths plus, so far so good. Tt day I even saw them cleaning my ger's hand w some cleaning gel. There's a Chinese teacher whose extremely patient; my ger loves her alot.
happy.gif
She's really those very motherly type who really loves kids; not just to earn a living. The other teachers are just as nice.</font>

Thanks Jenifur,
Cos I really like the extended hours till 830 pm. But just wondering what they will do with the babies there, and the ratio is 1 is to 4. Now my MIL looking after but I think my boy is too much for her to handle that's why now looking around. hee.

<font face="calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">mumJ</font>,

They have a coummincation book which they will update the activty they do with our baby on tt particular day. Lyk my ger had flash card session on last Wed, Exercises on last Thur &amp; Nursery Rhymes on last Fri. Other than tt will be eat/play/sleep &amp; bathe lor. Have you visited both centre?</font>

Helli Jenifur, Yup..I visited both last week and I am ok with both. I am still not sure if its better to choose the centre where my baby eat sleep and play of where they have a specific programme (being Kiasu singapore parent) everyday. But being 4 mths only, think he can only do so much everyday. when I visited the Kiddie academy, the babies are all happily playing and overall the place is very bright and hygienic which is why me and my hubby are pleased with kiddie academy. Our baby is on partial breastfeeding and sometimes, he will cry quite loudly in the afternoon. My MIL cannot take it which is why we looking around now.

I think as parents, we just want a place where our little ones are safe and pampered while we are at work, that's why its so hard to decide. The good thing abt kiddie academy is that its "open" to public viewing so anybody can just see what is going on from outside.the more infant cares I see, the more I get headache!!hee

<font face="calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">MumJ</font>,

e reason why I chose Kiddy Academy is cuz :-
<ul>[*]non aircon (more ventilation &amp; open to public viewing though they will draw up e curtain in e afternoon or on e aircon when weather gets too hot) <LI>They were very accomdating to my requests, I typical difficult mummy too *hee* <LI>Extended late hour till 830pm[/list]

My ger was a very difficult baby too. She's very sticky to me, even refuses her daddy @ times but she seems to take a liking to most of the teachers there. She will gladly go to e teachers esp e Chinese teachers when I drop her off in e morning. I believe tt baby's action speaks louder than anything.

So when did u visit e centre? Prob have seen my noti girl crawling ard
happy.gif
</font>

Hi Jenifur,

Think i know which one..your would be the 9 mths old that day when we came, the teacher was carrying her around..yeah, cos we just came back from there again to see how it is during lunchtime and place looks ok. Thanks for your comments
happy.gif

the rest of the places really charge us for past 7pm and since we might be busy with our new house renovations the coming months, think the timing suits us.

<font face="calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">MumJ</font>,

Ya I cannot imagine paying S$5 per 5 min block... e extended hour is great cuz it gives me time to do a little bit of marketing or grab dinner before picking her up.

Oh you mean you were there again yesterday during lunchtime? If e 9mo ger u saw is very boyish looking w very little hair then there's my Janelle
happy.gif
Should b her cuz she very manja, always want ppl to carry her.

So your son will be joining Kiddy Academy huh? Good then my ger got another playmate liao. Hope to see you in e centre 1 of e evenings ya</font>

Hello,

Yup..think must be her...my boy also got very little hair..just went there last night to sign up. Faris will be there from this Sat actually cos we want to let him get used to the place and see his reaction. Also, will finally be watching a movie at Tampines mall while he is there..hee..finally
happy.gif
..yah, at least with the timing, when my hubby go business trip or meetings, I dun have to rush or take half day just to fetch him back. Its a bit inconvenient to keep applying for emergency half day. My boss might not like it. see you too!!

hi moms...
any other latest feedbacks abt this "Kiddy Academy"???

Doing some planning for my little one when he's 3months old after my maternity...

is there any min no. of months e bb needs to hv??

Hi to all SK mummies,

I will reccommend the new branch Kiddy Academy. Besides the fact that it is a new premise, the place is definitely very clean & the whole ctr will have a weekly thoroughly cleaning session every sat.

I have enrolled my two children with Sengkang Branch Kiddy Academy, the teachers & the in-charge are very nice & patient. The meal provided are all very healthy food for the children! My kids love the food served there.
The teachers are so committed & dedicated to their job in teaching & guiding the little ones. Each & every of them deserves the credit.

Good job, well done!!!

Hi karen.. thks for ur info!
btw, does kiddy academy has a website?

doing some planning now cos may or may not let my mum take care of my bb after maternity.

btw, do we have to wait for long to get a place for new enrolments?

HI Ciarie
i dont think they have a website.
As for vacancy, i thk shld not be a problem, as they are newly setup, shld still have vacancy. if u want, maybe u can call them up to pre-register. if in the end u decided not to enrol, just inform them will do.

Hi Karen..

Even the simei branch has an immediate vacancy usually??
Cos, for me will be a last min thing if i decide to let my bb at infant care centre..

hi Ciarie,
hmm for Simei, i not too sure... maybe u can call up to check? i think maybe can be arrange if yours is really a last min thing.
even if full, i think u can appeal to MCYS (which i did for my son) they will accept is specially.

fwah karen...

dun have vacancy still have appeal to MCYS ah!!
hmm..... tats something realy new to me! hee...

Will chk it out! thanks!

had bad experience at academy kids at marine parade teachers are quite rude and arrogant regret went there for enquiry

Hi Phoenixqueen

May I know how old are yr children? I wonder what are the activities that the centre will "teach" 5 mth old babies? I saw there are two Malay teachers handling quite a number of babies. So do you think the babies get enough attention and care from the teachers?

Hi mommies,

Me staying near kiddy academy at Coris in Sengkang.... I do not enrol my bb there but sometimes bring him walk walk... And I kpo always looked into the infant care centre. Saw something which is not so pleasing just now. If u are interested to know or have ur bbs in the infant care, can PM me... But probably I am very particular or have seen better infant care, so I abit heartpain & disappointed with what I saw. Unless this center changes to better teachers, dun think I will put my bb there even when he is old enuf to be in the childcare group.

Hi Regi,
From what i saw, though i dun know their ratio of teachers to bbs, but maybe not enuf care!

Hello Mummies,

My 2 sons are placed at Kiddy Academy Simei. My 8-mth old is well loved by his teachers in the infantcare and my 26-mth old is learning songs, alphabets, feeding himself and is learning to play and share with his peers.

The school has report cards to keep the parents updated of their children's progress and wellbeing in the school every few months. They also have a "message book" between the teachers and the parents so that the parents are kept informed of their children's unusual incident or activity of the day.

My toddler brings home his school books, mostly picture books, so that we can spend time telling and creating stories for him. He loves all the activities the school has for him.

The teachers at the infantcare are more passionate with their jobs and babies as compared to the teachers from the older group.

The turnover for the toddlers' section is quite high. I guess it's tough to recruit teachers who are patient with boisterous children who are extremely active at this age. Luckily, the permanent class teacher, Teacher Seenah, is very good, she responds extremely fast to our request on the handling of our son. The new teachers give me the impression that they will not stay long in the school. They are also not as caring towards the children as compared to the pioneers.

In short, besides the new teachers, we are extremely happy with the school as they are well organised and they have quite a number of very good teachers and Aunty See (the school's cook - one of the children's favourite staff) who are very patient and loving to the children.

Just to keep you informed, according to the government's rules & regulations, the ratio in the infantcare is 1-to-5, and toddlers' ratio is 1-to-8. The number grows as the children are older.

Hope this message is useful.

hi cherrie

can pm me wat u saw??
tq~!!

btw mummies... any ideas wat child care centre really teach a 5-6month old bb??

Hi all,
forgot to drop by this thread...
had pmed u already.

May, U does not accept PM.

Pls also let me know if u ladies chanced by any good infant care or childcare in Sengkang near coris, thinking of putting my bb there also.

Ok, this is abit late considering this thread.

I am moving to buangkok end March / early April, does anyone have any suggestions on good child care centres around that area? Recommendations much appreciated, my son will be around 25 months in April.

Thanks

Hi mummies,

I have withdrawn my son from Kiddy Academy (Sengkang). They have a manpower shortage issue since Jan this year, I have been highlighting the issue to their principal, but no improvement has been seen so far. I have witness a few incidents whereby babies r left crying &amp; unattended due to short of staff to attend to them. Sometimes, they even ask their cleaner to take care of the babies. This is too much!

They have a lot of babies on their waiting list now, so they dun even bother to ask me the reason of withdrawal.

If you need further information abt this infant care, feel free to PM me.

Hi Mummies,

I am also interested to put my twins in Kiddy Academy (SengKang) cos I am staying around there. Can share with me the experience and their standards ?

Currently I am having a maid and thinking of not having her cos giving me problems.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Crystal..
I have just withdrawn my boy from Kiddy Academy infant care... This is what I can share with you..

Cons:
1. They always keep to the min ratio of 1 teacher to 5 babies... With this ratio, I believe that the babies r lack of attention... They have a very nice routine pasted in their center, but most of the time, they r not following it due to shortage of manpower. I saw my boy crying, but the teachers r too busy to attend to him. I was so heartpain, and decided to leave this center. I don't want my boy to suffer.

2. The turn-over rates of staff are super high.. Imagine during the 4 months of stay at Kiddy, I have seen 7 teachers resigned from the center!

3. Everytime when the infant care teacher is on sick leave, they will assign child care teachers to help. These ppl r not trained to handle infants/toddlers. I saw once they assign their cleaner to take care of babies. I am pissed &amp; reported the issue to their principal.

4. Also during the 4 months at Kiddy, I have noticed 3 cases of HFMD outbreak. Sigh.. I have to take leave to take care of my boy as I don't want him to be infected.

5. Lots of mosquitoes. I have to bring my own mosquito repeller to the center.

6. Don't have much activities for the babies. 3 teachers are always busy attending to the 15 babies, i.e. shower, feed, patting them to sleep etc.

The oni good point is that their teachers r caring &amp; work with passion. However, due to their poor management, I can feel that the morale of the teachers r also getting lower n lower. The good ones r leaving this month.

Well, you can always visit the center to judge yourself. This month, there r a few babies leaving. So I believe next month they will have more vacancies. Good luck to you.
happy.gif

i called up the sengkang branch yesterday as i'm moving to that area soon and thinking of transferring my gal there.

guess what the supervisor told me?
" i discourage parents to send their children to childcare center now as there are many diseases"
and offered the 3hrs flexi program.
i told her come on, my gal has been in childcare since she was 18mths old.

she seems to be rushing for time and kept on talking, i cant even ask questions.

dear mummies,
i believe that alot of you have heard bad comments about the centre.
However as at 01/04/08, a new principal had join the centre and the previous supervisor which received many complaints is leaving within this month.
This centre is under total new management with new principal which will totally change your mindset. Manpower shortage (espcially at infant care) is no longer a problem and food menu for the kids had change as well.
If you still doubtful about what I had said, pls feel free to PM me or check it out at the centre (cos seeing is believing).
As the new supervisor is making new changes and getting new items for the kids, she will not be available as times. However there is a consultant, pls talk to her for enquiry. IGNORE the old supervisor who will be leaving SOON (within this mth).

Hi Emily, Serene &amp; Doris,

Thanks for the feedback.

We have found ourselves a nanny to look after our twins......

Hope what the service will improve with the new leadership.... This will definitely make life alot more easier for working mothers like us especially Seng Kang is a place with lots of young couples.

We really need such help with domestic helper is not an option.

Back