A Thread for Marsiling Mummies !!!!

Hi all Woodlands Mmumies, I'm newbies. Stay near to American school. Hope to know more mummies in Woodlands.

Hi, I was staying in Woodlands.. Moved to Sembawang 2 years back. But my girl still with my mom in Marsiling Drive. I've a 17 month old girl and preggy with No 2.

Anyone have any idea if Marsiling has any playgroup or enrichment classes suitable for 18 months onwards? Convenient for my mom to bring her...

hi devil,my girl is currently at PCS located at marsiling drive blk 23.to mee,i felt that the teachers there are not bad.my girl pick up alot of things from there.

hello,just trying my luck here.
I need a baby sitter staying near Marsiling Crescent from 6pm to 9pm mon-fri or twice a week
willing to fetch my girl from the CCC & bath her,cook her dinner.not staying overnight.As i have to attend a course twice a week & got nobody to help out attend my girl.Hiring a maid is definetly out of the picture.
Please,if any one has anybody to reccommand,please PM me.

Hi can I join in also just shifted to Marsiling a yr ago previously was staying at admiralty..

Now searching for playgroup for my 21 mth old girl..

Anyone with kids at blk 8 start tots or blk 123 smiling star???

hi Precious 02,previously i hv thought of putting my girl at smiling star,visited their website too,initially my impression was not bad.afterwhich i call up asking for more details,i was told that the pg was not under smiling star & so on..i registered my girl at blk 23 since last nov,i can say that the i am ver pleased about the everything there,except there will be a lift upgrading on the blik itself & the surrounding are fence up.
apart from it,i will still choose this ccc for my 27mth girl

Hi Piglet, which blk are you staying at? I'm staying at blk 13X so to go over at blk 23 is a bit far for me leh.. I did visit the centre once they got infant care there too..

Which other centre or playgroup hv u visited so far ard marsiling?

I went to blk 171 YMCA and saw the incharge is actually the person I spoke to when I went to blk 23.. she is pregnant so I can recognise her.. she say she was helping out at blk 23 dat time.. I quite like YMCA but is a bit far for me also to cross over the hills.. sigh...

hi precious,i'm staying at blk 21X marsiling crescent.i went to one ccc located in woodlands ring road,the enviroment is good,although too far for me.
heard from my sis that their fees after subsidy only 85 bucks,so go down & take a look lor..
i ver fussy & troublesome wan,look for ccc,ask alot of question like their daily menu lah,teacher's qualification lah,the ratio of teacher & kids lah..

ooh can let me know what is the CC name at woodlands rind rd? I also went down a few to recee liao but still cant find one ideal one..
happy.gif

Hi my MIL is taking care of my boy when I am working. I am looking for playgroup around her place (Woodlands st 32) near Woodgrove condo. Any one has any recommendation? Thank you so much.
He's turning 18 in Sept 09 too. Thanks

hi, mummies, glad to know you all! I stay near SAS, woodlands st 41, two kids, plan to send my elder gal to newlife kindergarden next year, any commend on that?

Hi Linda (linda347),

I stay blk 518 Woodlands Dr 14 too.

Just registered my son for the playgroup at Smiling star. Went to check out Learning pt (Vista pt), Appletree, PCF too. In the end still chose the one nearest to us. But now thinking of changing to Star tots at Blk 552 (opp vista pt). Haha........

Hi Woodlands Mummies, am new to this forum. I have a 30mth old daughter and am hoping to get ur experienced views with regards to some of the playgroups/preschools avai in Woodlands. Im at blk 882 st 82

My 28-mth son was with Star Tots at Blk 8 from Sep-Nov 09 and find it quite good. He's more independant and socialable afetr attending 2 mths there. Class is from 9.30 - 11.30 and I would say he enjoys his time there =)

Currently registered for the same session but heard that they dun haf enuf students yet to start the class. sigh.

Hi, any one have their kids at CC ard Marsiling?
Seems like marsiling area dun hv much selection of CC hor?

Anyone got comments on blk 171 YWCA CC ?

Hi all d woodland mummies.. I a newbie here too
happen to saw Tis tread

I haf a 3yrs old son who had juz started his
pre sch at woodland blk 162 the living school book which
is beside to marsiling mrt
felt my son had change aft attending de sch..
Cry n cry every now n then.. Wan mean wan.. Totally
unble to coax him no matter hw I try..
Ended up he wil get beaten by me.. Haiz..
Ned help n advise..

Hi Jayc (jeroymummy),

Just saw this thread. I put my son there too end of 2010 n the teachers there are very very fierce!!!! My son say teacher beat him. I withdrew liao, principle is a nice lady but the teachers are not good. I pass by there quite often n hear them scolding the kids a lot!! My son even after more than a year refuse to go near the school n if he sees the teachers at the playground he'll hide at the staircase at the block beside the playground. There was once he wet himself after seeing the teacher at the playground. He is already toilet train for a yr liao. That is how fearful he is of the teachers there. I am still upset to see him so fearful after a yr.

Hi marsiling mummies .... Just to share, my only 30mth bub went to Smiling Star playgroup blk 123 Marsiling Rise.. its not bad afterall. She looks forward to skool every single day.
happy.gif

Every week she will bring back her weekly sheets.. colourings and drawings she dis at skool. Its a 2hr session.. the teachers are abit matured,but i guess its not a problem to me. 2 teachers in the class.
Currentli onli 4 or 5 students... Hope theres more students in the class..hehe

* to me i dun be too fussy.. just take it easy. As long dat i know our lil bub is enjoying the class, the teachers educate n take care our child, and they bring back the stuffs they did at skool (so i see the 6mths material fees im payin),im happpi.

Back