A Good Primary School Jurong area, any suugestions?

gunjan

I want suggestions for y for a good primary school in and around Jurong , Princess Eliz. is on my 1st listn but it is in Bk Batok, any other good pri school?

also, wld like to know good nursery, kindergarten in n around Jurong???

Thanks all in advance!

Currently the hottest one will be Rulang, u can also check out MOE's website on P1 registeration by stages, from there, u can gauage.

Anyone can tell me if Xingnan pri school is ok cos my son most likely will have to attend this school n future.

Hi Ganjan

For Jurong area, Rulang is considered the top. Following Rulang, I supposed will be Jurong Primary and Fuhua Primary in Jurong East. In Jurong West, West Grove is not bad.

Which part of Jurong do you stay?

Hi, I don't stay in Jurong but used to study in Boon Lay Sec years back.

Since my time, Rulang has always been a gd school. I rem some of my classmates are fm Rulang & they are esp. hardworking. Just my opinion.
happy.gif

Not easy to get in Rulang.
U wld need to do volunteer work, but again no guarantee to go in.
My neighbour do volunteering and school managed to put her son in the school, very lucky

I need advise on Xingnan pri school too, would appreciate any input as most likely this is the school my son will have to go as it is just beside the block my mil lives.

Anybody know what is the school currently under construction at the plot of land @ the cross junction of Jln Boon Lay which is opposite the Pink colour block near Jurong Point?
I heard is a Primary School but could not get any info from MOE website.

Anybody any idea?

Hi

GunJan

Jur pri is very good. My son are from this school

And my hubby,sis-in-law and her hubby are from Jur Pri also.

Hi,
Anyone heard of good feedback for Jurong West primary school ? My relative told me it's not too bad, but i'm not so sure still.

HI Stephie

My son will be transfer to Jur west pri school next year. Same here i hear is not bad. How old is ur son.

Beside Jur west Pri ..that area also have alot of good school. Juz that JUr west pri is near me.

Hi Chew,

My elder boy still young,coming to 4 this year , but i better start checking out the schools around. I so far only heard of very good feedback for West grove, Rulang & Jurong Primary school...

As for Jurong West Pri School,i originally thot it is becos of the high demand created by the convienience of Jurong west primary school tt cause the school to be popular, not solely becos of the standard of the school.

hmmm...probably need to check out more details...

Hi Stephie,
My gal is coming to 4 this year. I'm thinking of West Grove. Need to do anyo volunteer work in order to get in?

Avery
why need to do volunteer work? are you staying not close enough? how to know it is close enough or not?

hi, anyone can advise when do we need to call the schools to check on applying as volunteers? when the child is 5 years old?

What are the services that schools would normally need eh?

Lovely yellow,

you mentioned that Jurong pr is very good. can you share in detail? I am considering between Jur pr, Fuhus pr, and qifa pr for my son who will be in p1 next year. Actually Fuhua and Qifa are nearer but my hubby is from Jur pr, so am thinking of sending son there is it is good, compared to the other two.

I also heard Rulang is the best in the Jurong area but it maybe a pressure cooker... heard the principal very result oriented... West Grove seems not bad...hopefully I don't have to do volunteer and can send my son to the school I want... If parents are from the pri school, good life cos no need to do anythg....

min, I was from Rulang. In fact, wanted to put my son in there (he will be P1 in 2011) but as I am currently staying at Redhill, it will be way too far. No matter how much I would like him to go in there, but thinking of long traveling factor really put us off, thus, we may just let him go to a neighbourhood school nearer to us.

I agree, not wise for your son to travel to Jurong when P1 is still quite young. He may feel exhausted from the travelling....then he couldn't spend as much time on his studies as compared to if he studies in the area near Redhill

If i'm not wrong...Rulang, West Grove n Xingnan are the beta school in Jurong West.
My nephew got into Xingnan tis yr thru balloting

Rulang is a gd sch. My cousin got in there but her mum need do voluntary work like coaching Chinese to the kids.

which primary schools will be like well-rounded as in not just focus on academic results? I'm interested to know abt Rulang, Jurong Primary & West Grove... thanks!

Xingnan is quite popular this year. However, the West Grove and Jurong West Primary School are the famous one at Jurong West area.They conducting balloting exercise every year. You may call the school for Parents Valunteer (commit 40 hours) and/or join the Resident Committee (at least one full year of service at RC)in order to be eligible to be in Phase 2B.

Blumarine,

Xingnan is around blk 900plus. Heard that xingnan chinese is much better than rulang. I knew of a parent who enrol her children at rulang and she said the standard for lower pri so-so only. They only focus on those upper pri level. I'm also thinking of enrolling my gal to rulang next time but may need to do volunteer job coz my hm is not within 1km...

Joankum, You mean Rulang conc more on upper level and not lower level? tt's strange... shldn't they need to build the foundation? otherwise, how are they gg to excel when they reach P6? How old is your daughter and when are you gg to do volunteer work? I'm also thinking hee hee

Min,

That's wat I learnt fm a parent who sent both her kids to rulang and another one to xingnan. she compared her kids and said that the one at xingnan has better grade in his mother tongue.

My daughter is 4.5 yrs old now. I called up rulang many times to ask when i can start doing the volunteer if my gal is born in 2005, and they told me not open yet.

I also came to know fm a mummy in another thread who mentioned that every year rulang will capped a no. of volunteers and their kids will be guaranteed a place in their sch.

Joankum,

Have to go to the school to take the form and there will be an interview... they will cap at 20-30 parents. Registratin is opened. You can go to the school to collect the parent-volunteer form. I checked with the lady and she said even if volunteer also don't guarantee you have a place in their school

Min,

Thanks for the info ya! How old is yr kid? Are u going down to collect the form?

Wah, 20-30 parents is vry little leh. I think they will look at what u can contribution to their sch.

Joankum, you welcome. My son is also borned in 2005 but he's a Nov kid. Ya, to determine the kind of skills we can bring to their school... Volunteer and they still picky ;-p

Are you gg to collect the form soon? I think probably I collect it next week....if I didn't change my mine haha

btw, u staying in jurong area?

Min,

My gal is born in Jan 2005... Yes, I want to go down and collect the form but cannot confirm which date yet coz hv to check with my hubby.

Yes, me staying at JW St 65. How abt u?

Hi mummies,
i'm also thinking of PVing at Rulang. My gal is a Feb 05 kiddo. Registration for PV for 2005 kids opens in July so can go down liao. Hopefully our kids can get into Rulang.

Hi mummies

Any comments for Pioneer Pri ? My gal also borned in 2005.Now thinking of doing PV for which school
1)west grove (seem to be out for me, see my comments)
2)pioneer (not sure the school acedmic result good anot)
3)xingnan (seem that alot of NTU lecturer kids are enrol there)

Doremon
Now can do PVing at Rulang for 2005 kids ?
My friend jus sumbit for her girl born 2004 and still waiting for school reply.
Rulang was a "diffcult" school to get in, the parent volunteer must write essay and go for interview. When u see their essay requirement, i think i will faint *sweat*

another school : west grove
my another friend went for this school to do PV this year.
but then the admin told her too many PV, so after that still need to ballot so chances are 50-50.
Also need to clock for 1yr not 40hrs.

Hi Lim,

1 yr need to clock 40hrs for PV. Pioneer pri i don't think is good... i actually live very near the school but don't think I wan to send my son there....Xingnan seems a popular school... I saw quite a few parents like interested to put their kids there ;-p

Rulang: I only know there is interview. Didn't know need to write essay. Actually quite troublesome.... I also find their staff like not very friendly type...

West Grove: How does your friend find the school? I called the General Office and the lady answered seems nice. Ya, they said this yr probably need to ballot... apparently, alot apply to this school..but she said if volunteer, chances high..

Hi Lim,
yes, PV forms are now opened for 2005 toddlers but not PVing. The admin will probably review the forms first before calling parents. However, i understand that they cap the number of PVs which is also a good thing. At least, those who are called up for PVs are guaranteed a place.

Wow must write essay too? Guess if we really wan to enrol our kiddo in Rulang then no choice.

Hi Doremon,

I was tld that even if we volunteer but ltd vacancies, they wld still have to ballot... In the form, they stated very clearly that they don't guarantee but you would stand a higher chance...I went to take the form but they never tld me need to write essay....

Wonder if being RC member would be better? Any idea how to become one? at least can use after office hours and i think maybe not so siong? :p

Min,

RC member as in grassroot member? Yesterday when i went hm, i saw a paper sticking at my gate and when i read it, it was actually the form to register as grassroot member. It stated that they will be given priority to P1 registration. But not easy leh, hv to sacrifice weekends to do volunteer job to the RC...

Hi min/doremon,

my friend i think has submit the form and was selected for interview for their "essay".
It is not a easy essay at least to me :p.
i rememebr you need to state what area to improve the school, then what u can do to improve it, and i think finally during PV u need to do it.

as for west grove, this another friend went for the PV briefing and the principal actually told her a lot of PV so need to ballot.
Also alot of PV not enough work== meaning u might not even got the chance to clock 40hrs.
Her suppose to start in july but cos of H1N1 ia delayed.

RC member
Remember to check the RC is within which zone, dun do for the wrong area keke.
u know jurong area, they break up by hongkah, westcoast ..

joankum where u stay ? the rc block is where keke
maybe i can pop in to ask

Back