A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

Hi yun,

Quite true,d clothes @ kiddy palace r rather exp & nt v nice... D design changeover r v slow, some design u can see is from last year. Me like fox baby but only when there's great discount, I will stock up d clothes. Keke.

My boy also same, play one toy a while then jump to d next toy.... Not even 5 to 10 mins I tint. & whenever he sees a new toy, he juz dun wana his old toy liao. but I like to buy those edu toys for him. Juz bought a leapfrog phonics bus but end up its me who learning d phonics & my boy playing w d empty box !!! Im trying to "brainwash" his mind by everyday playing d phonics songs for him, hopefully he can hmm along W/o realizing tats he's aldy learning it. Keke

Hi Mummypooh,
I do love FOX Babies , their babies clothes are nice but toddlers clothes are not. I had stopped buying from them since my boy outgrown their babies clothes..
happy.gif

Children are incredible smart.. when my boy was small,I keep reciting 1-20 and A-Z alphabets everynight to him.. my boy shown no interest and keep playing his own toys but at one sudden nite, I heard he was reciting what I had teached him. You cant imagine how Happy am I.. LIKE KENA TOTO like that...wakakakak..
So, just keep playing the phonics songs and keep talking to him.

hi hi

yes cutiebb, next year u can just call st francis again in feb, ask them for the march intake dates
happy.gif

any other mummies with children studying there already? there is an orientation end of oct....see if can meet any mummies there
happy.gif

mummypooh, Haiz..talk about a good maid. my maid is requesting to let her go out alone to buy toiletries instead of going together yesterday while everyone is going out. Should i allow her? Sigh really crossing fingers everyday.

clothes i like to buy from yarnling spree cause they are really cheap and nice. And they have really cute clothings.

<font color="ff6000"><font face="segoe ui">aqualuna, yup, will call the principal again next year...hee

apuppy, me also buy from yarnling, cheap and nice...haa...but very fast OOS lor...haa...now JP alot of pushcart are selling the same clothings from yarnling, but of cos price are more ex...hee</font></font>

Apuppy, actually i agree with you...that centre didn't appeal to me but then again, i thought your priority was to get a centre as near to your place as possible, hence i thought it would be good you take a look at that centre. My main reason for not considering that centre was because it's too near to my MIL's. WUhahahahah....I've never bought from yarnling sprees before. Hmmm...If i were you, i will see if the maid deserves to be trusted to go out on her own or not. Frankly, a maid is supposed to help lighten the burden. If cannot trust her to go out alone to help you settle toiletries and groceries, i suggest you let her go. Getting a good maid is purely luck. Especially in our area where there are plenty of male foreign workers, it is difficult for maids (who are human beings and can get lonely) to resist temptations.

yun, that's true..my boy also. Play for a while only, throw one side. But for now, he is not really playing with the toys. He bites them....wherever possible. If he can't find a convenient area to bite on, he will lose interest. I agree with you that Fox babies clothes are soo nice! Toddler not so, oshkosh &amp; carters still the nicest to me
happy.gif
Eh really or not? I every night sing to my boy but it wasn't because i was hoping he'll remember whatever i've said but because every time i sing, he has the weirdest look on his face. He will look at me real long and hard and i find that damn funny, lol.

cheesecake, my boy will be going to the infantcare at Little Wings instead already..at Jurong West St.42. So won't get to see your gal ah...pity pity. But our kids shall be schoolmates very soon!

MUMS N KIDS PROMO:

Dear mummies, i'm keen to get their <font color="0000ff">Buy Any 6 for $36 promo for Happy Baby products</font>. Any mums keen to share the purchase with me? I usually opt for registered mail which means an additional $2.25 on top of normal postage charges (which they will estimate after i send in my orders). I wish to get the puffs to let my boy try!

Usual pricings

Happy Baby Banana Puffs $6.5
Happy Baby Greens Puffs $6.5
Happy Baby Green Apple Puffs $6.5

Happy Melts – Banana &amp; Mango $6.25
Happy Melts – Mixed Berry $6.25
Happy Melts – Strawberry $6.25

Happy Bellies Brown Rice Cereal $8
Happy Bellies Oatmeal Cereal $8
Happy Bellies Multigrain Cereal $8

Products expiry dates:
http://www.mumsnkids.com/pages/ExpiryDates.htm

Apuppy,

Hmm, agreed w butterwaffles, if u trust yr maid can let her go out once lo.if realized she trying to do anything funny, then forbids her from going out anymore. I do heard from my hb frens tat their maids never wana to step out of d hse &amp; prefer to stay @ hm. Btw does she has off day?

Yarnling spree? It's order from d forum here or their official website?

All mummies,

Do u practice d "ritual"of placing 4 items like pen, calculator for yr kid to choose on their first bday ? May I Noe wat r d four items &amp; wat does it represents?

mummypooh, now i remember, last time i read about this case, where the lady actually followed her maid to see what she was up to :p The maid ended up meeting her boyfriend and the lady chose to let it go as long as the maid continues to do a good job at home and don't bring her kids along during her meet-ups with the boyfriend. I think she ended up talking to the maid which actually encouraged the maid to open up. I think for this kind of issue, it can go both ways. But kudos to the lady for choosing to remain calm and decided to just be open about the issues to her maid instead. But then again, the maid may take her mdm's kindness as her weakness. So getting a maid is like shopping online. It's all about luck.

I'm still considering whether to do this 4 items ritual, hahahaha! I don't know what are the items either, maybe you can goggle around? :p But it's cute, curious to know what my boy will choose also...

Wah so many posts!

Mummypooh – yah.. when i gave my FIL notice that i gg to send my girl to IFC, its MIL who kick up a big fuss! Somemore FIL is not working. In your case, you are working, all the more must give notice mah..

Apuppy – Agape seems like a good system. I went to view their open house at the branch near my office at Raffles Place. Was very good.. but hor, its super exp leh, the IFC is $1.9K before subsidy.. probably its in town area thats why.. but i really like their syllabus.. and the kids looks very happy.. anyway, cannot enrol near office, what if i need to OT, then no one to fetch..

Butterwaffles – your comment on “how many babies suffered in her hands” is so funny! Haha, like she is some evil witch LOL.. aiyo.. if you have no 2, must be happy.. no need go jump down building! Haha..

RE: Happy Baby
Aiya, I just bought a bottle of the puff for my girl yesterday at NTUC.. if i seen your post then can share with you...

Ilovemaxmax – If me, I also wont renew your maid contract too.. seems like she knows how to act smart etc liao.. must be careful le..

RE: toys
My girl also don’t really play with the toys, so now I don’t waste money buy toys for her liao.. but hor, when she goes to MIL’s house, she will play with her cousins’ toys. Funny hor.. at home got toys don’t want to play. Hmm, mayb other people stuff is more fun haha..

butterwaffles...about Happybaby Products...in fact Im thinking of ordering myself from lucky vitamin, I think its cheaper....duno lei...haa...anyone noes?

Cheesecake,

I tint d reason maybe when kids c other kids playing w tat particular toy &amp; tints it's fun. Thus, they tend to fight over it &amp; play w it. Maybe at hm she's playing alone or dun like we adults to play w them coz it's nt as fun as compared to playing kids...keke.

cheesecake, wow i also didnt know NTUC sells Happy Baby puffs! Just now i hand itchy, took a few pieces of Happy Baby yoghurt melts and shared with my boy. I bite off 3/4 and gave him the 1/4. He frowned but reached out for more, hehe. But i still think the yoghurt melts abit too hard for him thou i realised if i don't give him the whole piece, just bite off a chunk and give him the rest, it melts in the mouth. So am keen on the puffs! Frankly, both my husband and i know, financially we cannot afford #2. So will be very careful &amp; just stick to one. Maybe one fine day, when we've moved out of jurong and my boy has settled very well in school, then i will see how. Age gap cannot be too close for me as i cannot handle 2 on my own. My boy now is getting super active &amp; hyper, even my MIL has started to admit that she is so tired after looking after my boy, haha. Orbigood.

cutiebb, i don't know how to order direct for Happy Baby products but i buy from the sprees here. Usually, i buy from Rach
happy.gif
But she doesn't bring in puffs that's why i'm thinking of buying from Mums N Kids. But if the puffs are really only $6.25 now, i rather buy from NTUC because i only want 2 packs! Tomorrow after work, i will go and buy as i need another pack of Huggies Ultra also, now got discount.

<font color="0000ff">re: Pampers Active L size
Any mummies who are using pamper active L size for your kids? Please PM me or reply me here? Helping my neighbour to clear off her stocks as she accidentally overstocked. 2 packs of 38 pieces each letting go at $20. Meaning one piece is only around $0.26. Now NTUC having discount also but theirs is 2 packs of 60 pieces each (L size) for $39.95 which means one piece is $0.33 wor. Let me know mummies!</font>

re:solid food
Can i ask mummies here, when do you all let your kids start rice with soup? When molars appear? Im not sure how long my boy has to be on porridge...

Hi Butterwaffles,
My boy is using Huggies Ultra too, normally Iam ordering from Cindy ( Bulk Purchase)
Now they got promo free delivery for 6items and above, her price is $14.5/pack for size XXL
How much is the NTUC's price ?

I started solid food (rice) when my boy was 1yr old.. dont remember if his molars has appear ??? :Q

yun, for now my boy still using M size for Huggies Ultra. Now is one pack 64 pieces for $19.95. I think L size is 54 pieces. I don't know XXL one pack is how many pieces...Later after i drop my boy in the morning i might have time to drop by NTUC, i can check for you
happy.gif
Hmmm..because until now, he still has not mastered the art of sucking from straw. He also don't know how to pick up food and eat it. He will fiddle with the food thou and looks at them suspiciously. As long as its not edible, he will put them into his mouth. Really a strange one...zzz...

butterwaffles - the promo ended liao! yesterday after work, I was at NTUC to buy the non-food stuff cos got promo at 20% off, didnt see the promo tag on the puff anymore..

RE: Solids
You can try feeding the soft rice when when he can chew.. My girl only started rice in IFC around 15months. But when at home, she will refuse to eat rice.. she still loves porridge. So I let her be.. anyway she got eat in school can already..

RE: Huggies
I think if buy from NTUC the jumbo pack is cheaper than Cindy's. My girl used to be on Huggies but it leaks, so I switch to MamyPoko. butterwaffles, your boy on M size now already.. my girl 17mths still on M size too haha..

Mummies, can I have Cindy's contact on diapers...me also want to buy lei, i sue to buy mamy poko from her, now lost her contact liao...

my ger has been using pampers active, but now I wana switch to another brand cos pampers active sometimes no sales, very ex lar...so want to switch to other cheaper brands....so mamypoko better or huggies?

<font color="0000ff">I'm an ardent fan of Huggies as well
happy.gif

My boys are on Huggies Ultra at nite and my younger on is on Huggies Dry Comfort in the day.

Cutiebb99
PM you Cindy's contact k

I was at Extra ytd as well... around 2</font>

Hi All,
so busy these few days.
Just back from M'cca weekend trip. Just to share.
Bus trip : my BB took the bus trip really well. Both were day trips. Each journey is abt 4.5 hr. Gg there, he was very excited. Since it is his 1st time on a bus. Heehee.. ya I have nvr taken him on bus b4. So he was busy playing hide and seek with other ppl sitting inf and behind him and watching other vehicles drive pass. Then he slept for abt 2 hrs.
Return journey - he slept almost all the way. Wake up only during pit stop and at customs.

food : Food was a bit of prob. Coz he is such a fussy eater. Lunch : I gave him rice and fried eggs, which he ate a little. Even only ate very little of his usual fav. bread.
Luckily he willing to drink his milk - took more than usual.
Hotel Bf was great coz he is ok with the spread : Porridge, omelette, pancakes, muffins.
Dinner was a prob, he fell asleep just before dinner time, and wake up only after we left the place. So after that, as I took long time to find a place selling porridge. We ended up skipping the night market and instead tabao his dinner back to hotel room. Where he enjoyed his porridge and french fries @ 9 pm!!

Bathtime : At home, though I have started training him to bath with shower, he is still scared sometimes. Will cling on to me during shower. Sometimes, he will find it fun. At the hotel, he was scared of the shower and cried. Maybe the sound too loud, or water too strong , too hot or too cold... not sure. But I will need to train him somemore with shower.

Standby med : Do remember to standby some med for BB, he had slight fever on 2 day morning. Luckily I brought along his fever med, so he managed to recover after the med.

But I was so angry with my MIL. On Day 1, when she saw I packed the fever med, then she was so sarcastic to say "Aiyo, U very kiasee, still bring fever med. 2 day trip only, no need to bring. Ur BB very healthy and "guai". Nothing will happen one.. " So when I asked why she brought Po Zhai Pills for herself, she said just in case, eating the M'sia food not clean. I told is the same theory wat. But she still kept repeating and repeating "Mummy Kiasee"

Then on 2nd day, when my BB really had fever, she said it is becoz I brought the med, that's why I curse my bb to get fever!! What a stupid remark! I was so pissed.
angry.gif
angry.gif
I told her straight in the face that since she brought Po Zhai Pills for herself, she is cursing herself to get diarrhea! And if it rains, it MUST BE becoz I brought umbrella so I curse the weather to rain!

I was so angry, I think she finally sensed that I am not happy so she kept quiet after that. I think she dont care abt my bb.

I am so glad that she not gg Japan with us. Else I think I will faint.

Hi Butterwaffles,
At home, I use PetPet Diaper - I think it is good and cheap. Mine using M size, $17 for 84 pc = $0.20 / pc! Before that I used Pampers New born - Pamper S and Drypers S then PetPet S. I think PetPet is good as there is hardly have any leakage, even at night.
My only complain is that it is tape and not velcro type. So a bit noisy and must stick properly the 1st time, cannot adjust too many time, else not sticky liao.
But I saw in M'sia they hv the New velcro version. I hope they bring in to Sin soon.

For outings, I use Drypers Drypants. This is not bad lah.. I like the All-round elastic band, make it easy to wear. But still will get occasional leaks / overflow if wear too long. Before that I tried Mamy Poko Value Pant-type for outing. Friend intro. But I find it always leak. Anyone can recommend me other good Pants-type diapers?

cheesecake, aiyah pity pity! Arggh! Yes, agree with you that if buy the jumbo size from NTUC ot Giant, it's cheaper than buying from Cindy. I've considered buying from her before but i've realised hers is not the jumbo pack
happy.gif
Ya, my boy on M size already. Moving on to L size soon. No choice as he has fat thighs...He is now 10kg already. So you can imagine??! A silly question...how to know if he can chew already?? I seriously can't tell....

cutiebb, i only buy Pampers Active when they are on sale
happy.gif
My mum works at NTUC. She says Mamypoko is extremely popular. For Huggies, i only like Ultra. The rest i don't quite like...For my boy, i change to Huggies Ultra at 8.30pm or so. Then i will change at 6am. So far so good...there were a couple of times when it leaked but i think its because he moved around too much!

ashwen, great that you guys enjoyed the trip! Your MIL hor...hmmm. Too much to say? If nothing good to say, don't say. Frankly, i think oldies not very suitable to go Japan so its best she doesn't follow. Actually, i can understand if grandparents are overly kanjiong about their grandkids. Those bochap ones, i really scratch head. Eat same kind of rice, come out all different kinds of people.

Diapers,
I used to stock up 10over packs at home, so if I buy from Cindy, there is a free delivery, easier for me..
My boy using Huggies Ultra for sleeping and Mamypoko pants for outings.

ashwen, Mamypoko pants is really good but its very ex..size XXL (10pcs) cost $11 buy from Cindy and $12+ from NTUC

Cindy email
[email protected]

Cutiebb – yeah Cindy’s price not cheaper as compared to NTUC jumbo when on offer. So I didn’t buy from her anymore. When I used Huggies Ultra for NB still ok. But when change to S, not as good.. sometimes leak, so I switch to MamyPoko. So far it’s the best I think lah..

Ashwen – good leh, your boy can sleep the way back hor.. wah why your MIL so one kind one.. still can make this kinda remarks..

I also tried the mamy poko value pants, but always leak leh.. I think mayb my girl buttocks/thighs not fat enough.. so cannot hold on tight so leak.. becos the whole thing is like elastic.. when my girl wore it, still got space..

Butterwaffles – wahahah.. mine is 8.7kg now… two wks ago down with slight fever, so weight goes down again..

Oh yes, wanna update you on the IFC.. they hire a part time teacher to help out.. think too many babies liao, they cant handle.. recently got a new 2 mth old baby..

cheesecake, that's why we switched my boy to the IFC at Jurong West St.42. Little Wings...they told me if i still want my boy to go there, have to wait. And they said they will return my call but they didn't. So i decided to switch centre. They were honest with me lar, that they can't handle! Hahahaha....But strange, they told me they can't take it anymore but now got a new 2 month old baby?? It's ok lar, i switched to Blk 553 there, which i had a good impression of also when i visited the openhouse
happy.gif
For now, the centre has 10 infants to 5 teachers. My boy is the 11th. I hope my boy will be well taken care of there...The centre is slightly cheaper than the Blk 922 one. Wish me luck ok....

One unit at blk 987D just sold for 500K. I saw it on the HDB resale prices website. Goodness. I wonder if prices will drop next year...hope not ^^

cutiebb, sure or not??! Can fetch so much meh? I very suspect leh, hahahaha. What's more this 500K unit is only mid floor. Hmmmm. Yes, i'll be selling mine, but only after i've managed to get another flat. That's why i've been monitoring, see other units from 987C &amp; D can sell theirs for how much. But what i don't understand is how they calculate the 5 year occupancy period. The HDB website states that the lease commencement year for the unit sold for 500K is year 2006. Mine is also year 2006 leh. But they told me i can only start to apply for flats next year Nov (5 years after the date of keys collection). See how long...priority is my boy. I don't want the move to disrupt his studies. Getting a 2nd subsidised flat would mean having to wait a few more years. By the time i can apply for new flats next year, my boy already 21months old. I hope my boy will remain in the same school throughout from N1 to K2 if possible ah....How about you? Do you plan to sell?

butterwaffles - u mean you have switched already? Duno leh.. I noticed got a new toddler and one new 2 mth old baby recently. Mayb cos my girl and her same age classmate going to graduate soon liao, so they took in. But apparently they cant handle, thats why they hire a part timer to help out..

I also saw the leaflets at my mailbox, also put 520K for mid level leh..

Diapers;

My son has been using mamypoko since born... Lately let him try Mamypoko pants M size... As he kept figeting &amp; turning ard when changing diapers. But always leak for him, same w cheesecake's gal. Guess his buttock v small onli... Keke. I always stock up whenever there's sales @ NTUC or Giant.

Any mummies ever bring yr kids to cruise? Is it kids friendly &amp; are there any activities for kids?

cheesecake, yes i've switched already...they told me to wait which i can't, that's why i've switched. Ya lor, they did tell me they can't handle and is in the midst of trying to get another teacher but it will take time. So i decided to put my boy at the Little Wings centre at Jurong West St.42. I've not gotten any leaflets leh? Hehe...Still, selling my flat takes time. As we'll be applying for a BTO flat. I'm just shocked that there are people who will fork out half a million to buy a unit at our area. Maybe the buyers are not local or they downgrade from pte.

mummypooh, i've never gone on a cruise myself, lol! I think it very much depends on the kids ah. If they get easily bored, i think a cruise will be quite boring? My colleague strongly recommend Clubmed thou it's very expensive. She says its very very child friendly and the services are superb, worth the money.

Hi Mummypooh,
Think cruise and clubmed have lots of activitiy for kids. But must at least 3-4 yr old, then the kids can enjoy.

Hi All,
Just to share : Cheaper Diaper and Milk Powder
The Chinese Medical shop @ 651 Multistorey carpark (beside Pioneer MRT) is selling Diaper and Milk Powder cheaper then normal retail prices.
ytd I checked :

Drypers Drypantz M 44 $14.90
Mamy Poko Pants M 17 $7.50
Mamy Poko Pants L 14 $7.50
Mamy Poko Pants XXL 10 $11.00
Gain IQ 1-3 yr 900g $32.20
Komodo Baby Detergent refill $7.30
Frisocrem 300g $5.80
Delrosa 375ml $7.50

Usually I buy from them, coz is on the way for me and cheaper than NTUC / Sheng Siong

I will check out other item prices tmr and post here. Anyone wants me to check prices from any items?
They are closed on Thurs.

Btw, there is also a BP for Diapers and Milk powder.
http://luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/mamy-poko.html
Price is cheaper too, delivery for above $200

Butterwaffles, my hb planning lar bt same only next yr after oct and also whr to stay, its a big qns, haaa

But heard price is really good lor, i heard, i hope it maintain

ashwen, i used to buy Friso Comfort from them as well
happy.gif
Cheapest i could find! But nowadays, Friso Gold 2 always have promo in NTUC so overall, NTUC is still cheaper so i buy from there. But i always remember buying 4 tins of Friso Comfort from them, hahahaha, until the auntie know me ah. I think now Kodomo refill packs 2 for $13+? Not sure also. But for you, it sure beats going NTUC and squeeze with the crowd, buying from there is much better for you!

cutiebb, for me, i wait for BTO in north-east or central areas. I also hope price will maintain because we need to pay 45K resale levy for getting a 2nd subsidised flat. Hahahahha....

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Cutiebb</font>
So far the Huggies Ultra can last my 2 boys whole nite. Tho sometimes my elder one will wake up in the morning n his pants wet de. Coz he likes to sleep on his tummy.. so imagine all the pee in front. back empty de.. surely leak
happy.gif

Oh ya... Ultra i usually buy the big pack from NTUC, cheaper.. hehe.

Actually u all can consider getting diapers from across the causeway as well. I juz went abt 2 mths back to stock up on Huggies Ultra. I think it was going at S$16 per jumbo pack. damn cheap. i lugged 10 packs home manz.. haha. The malaysians were staring at me kiasu mummy lor

<font color="ff0000">Little Sunny Side Up</font>
Wah.. looks like ur trip was fun. Ur MIL really CMI leh.. i got nothing to say. but thankfully she still know how to shut her mouth after sensing ur anger. its those who will continue shooting their mouth after u shoot them back that i hate..

I be bringing my 2 boys to Malacca and Genting nxt mth too.. 1st trip up for my younger boy. wish me luck.. haha

Now training him to eat rice, n a little of outside food... so tat dun need to cook porridge for him

The shop at Pioneer MRT, any idea where they get their stocks from? Sometimes i see these cheap cheap diapers i oso kinda scared. Esp diapers, if from certain countries, my bb will get diaper rash de. tat was wat happened to my #1. used pampers, petpet, drypers.. until i scared. sometimes kena rash. whole packet wasted liao

so now i only stick to huggies. slightly more exp.. but at least i'm sure he wont kena rash

My elder one is on MP Value Pants when he wears to sleep in CC. He's toilet trained already.. so only wear to sleep. Cheap cheap.. haha</font>

Hi All Jurong mummies,

few days not coming in. I dono where to start liao. While, update u guys my daughter will stick to her PAP till furthur notice as of yet no childcare got space except Agape which i like but no $ to put her in. She will continue her enrichment class to learn phonics but till 2nd one comes in and we see how again.

yes. one of the medical shops that can find cheap milk is near pioneer mrt. i often go there but it needs to be paid in cash in order to enjoy the cheap sale. me always bring my dd go enrichment class then walk over and grab 1 big can now.

i have tried quite a few brand of diapers and the good ones which didnt cause rash to my darking i notice are.

daytime
fitti cheap kind
pet pet
ntuc

night time
mamy poko
pampers

haven really tried huggies except for their pants. for now my dd is toilet train so day time dont use sometimes night time will let her wear ntuc if change very late or mamy poko for long endureness

Hi ashwen,

Do u noe Hw much is their mamypoko open diapers M size? I ever bought d milk powder, Nan HA 2 from d Chinese med shop b4,then change to enfapro. But realized it's cheaper to buy from Ntuc when they have sales for 1.8kg tin. Whereby d med shop dun carry 1.8kg enfrapro A+. Juz to share, once I bought d NAN HA from them &amp; realized it's left 6 mth to expiry date &amp; d side of d tin has aldy started to rust. So I quickly ask for a change. Mummies must chk d condition &amp; expiry of d milk powder.

Hi ilovemaxmax,

R u taking bus or self drive to genting? Its a long &amp; curvy ride up d mountains... me too wanted to bring my boy up after he reaches 1 yr old. But afraid tat he can't stand d long journey.

IloveMaxMax, i think Huggies Ultra are proven to minimise the chances of babies getting diaper rashes
happy.gif
But i choose it for night because i find that they simply last longer than Pampers Active. First few months were tough because need to trial &amp; error to get the better diapers. Personally, Huggies Ultra doesn't feel as wet to the touch compared to others. Thou now Pampers Active packs indicate that they can last up to 12 hours, i usually change within 5 hours ^^ I have serious ezcema and sinus problem so i'm very scared my boy will kenna rashes, it'll be so painful for him. But luckily, he is ok with normal baby bath lotions. He uses Pureen Top-to-Toe (yellow one) or Tollyjoy, both ok. Wow, $16 per pack! That's cheaper than the sale price now of $19.95! Hahahah...whats more can topup petrol on the way right, hmmmm. I don't dare to buy too many packs now because my boy is growing out of M soon, hard to predict his growth. Anything else you buy from JB?? You go Jusco ah?

Apuppy, do share with us when you've finalised on the cc...it will help all the jurong mummies here!
happy.gif
I find that there are not many info or sharing on childcare centres in jurong thou everytime i take bus, will bypass quite a nummber!

re: development
Any mummies can advise when is the normal time babies start to crawl? My boy now is 8months plus and he still don't know how to crawl forward. He is able to move backwards only! He can lift his butt and try to go forward but he will always end up lying flat on his face. He also only managed to sit up on his own quite late...a few weeks back only. Is he too slow?? Also for now, thou sometimes he can say Daddy, most of the times, he will Da da da da da. That's all...Or am i expecting too much??

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Mummypooh</font>
we'll be driving up with my parents
happy.gif
so hopefully my boy can take it, coz he hates car rides, esp in the nite time. but this time we wont be driving through the nite

<font color="ff0000">butterwaffles</font>
Yeah!!!! can top up petrol oso.. hehe, but not much lah.. coz need to pump 3/4 tank to go in liao. yeah.. jusco juz across 2nd link, haha. i only go there to whack their diapers leh, coz milk powder i prefer to buy from SG, at least i noe its safe for consumption (ok, i dun mean to say those from Malaysia not safe lah).

On development, dun worry k. ur boy will learn how to crawl forward soon. Muz give him opportunity to learn. at least he's crawling backwards le. all babies learn how to 'go-stan' first
happy.gif

My #1 crawled pretty late too, and being #1, i was quite paranoid n worried that he's kinda slow when i compare with his peers. tat's the prob with human beings. we all like to compare!!! but nevertheless, he still eventually managed to crawl forward and shortly after tat learnt to walk, so dun worry too much k.

There are some kids who skip the crawling stage altogether. this happened to my cousin's daughter. nvr crawl.. juz suddenly started walking. i read this is not v good, coz den they will lack certain aspects of their motor skills. some coordination i think

so since ur boy is already crawling backwards, dun worry so much k. maybe can put something in front to coax him to try to move forward. but dun push him too much k. all babies develop differently and at their own pace.

My #2 i was so relaxed, he started crawling pretty early, think around 6 mths. He could walk before he turned 1. really lor.. all kids develop differently. my #1 only started walking at 14mths..</font>

Hi Mummyppoh,
my boy on Gain IQ Stage 3, hardly any sales for it by NTUC. Only price keep increasing.
900g recently increase to $33.20 from $31.90
sad.gif

Luckily I managed to get a voucher from Guardian promotion buy 6 get 1 free.
So I am "covered" for next 5-6 mths
Anyone come across sales for it. Let me know hor. Esp. if NTUC. Coz nowadays I always go Sheng Siong Jln Bahar for groceries. Hb prefer it as easy to park.

AquaLuna,
I have not order from them b4
But this is from SMH BP
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4580805.html?1287542216
I see quite a lot of ppl order from them

Butterwaffles,
each baby learn at his / her own time
Mine started to sit @ abt 4-5 mth
Tummy Crawl (commando style) @ 8-9 mth
On-Knee Crawl @ 11~12 mth
Walk by 13 mth
Slowly walk but very stable, hardly falls.

I trained my BB to crawl, with someone in front to lure him with toys. Another person behind him to nudge his feet forward. Dont push his feet all the way. Just nudge a bit to 'remind' him to move forward.

My niece - "skipped" crawling too, I think she didnt like crawling coz knee cap hurts. She can but dont like. Instead she will sit and shift her butt to move abt. very cute.
She started walking @ 11 mth.
"Running" by 12 plus mth. But always fall down @ inital stage, coz not yet stable but wants to run liao.
Nowadays, 2 yrs plus , walking is not in her vocab anymore, only running. She loves staircase.

Buttterwaffles,
if u are really concern abt BB learning to crawl, u can go lib to borrow book by Glenn Doman
"How To Teach Your Baby To Be Physically Superb"
My sis borrowed and followed some techniques. She says is good. But I lazy to borrow to read.

Ilovemaxmax,
which hotel u gg to stay @ Malacca?
I stay @ Equatorial. very accessible.
By the way, if u really need to find porridge, I got it from a chinese restaurant @ level 2/3 near Carrefour escalator.
Also have a store selling porridge @ food court in Parkson Grand building. But they closed early that day.
There are also 1 shop in the shophouses row (Jalan Merdeka) specialise in porridge.

Abt kids learn to 'go stan' 1st, my son still 'go stan'

Mummypooh,
I will check the price and let u know tmr.

butterwaffles...my ger never crawl de, and she nv learn to stand up too, she straight away walk lst...

wow...mummies...thanks for advising on the diapers...haaa

Back