2WW - for those TTC-ing

huh..why so weird de? they never check and just assume? like abit not professional lei....
see whether you got ovulation is very impt lei.. if u never ovulate, do many times also useless

Ya, so my advice is if ttc, don't go to private gynaes. Especially things like HSG and SA have to be done at hospitals anyway.

For IUI at NUH, they don't get us to go back for BT also. But I think that's just their SOP.

Ya, so my advice is if ttc, don't go to private gynaes. Especially things like HSG and SA have to be done at hospitals anyway.

For IUI at NUH, they don't get us to go back for BT also. But I think that's just their SOP.

i doing private gynae, the hospital i attached to is mount E...
so is totally different from NUH or KK...
my gynae do ask me go back for ultrasound scanning to check whether I ovulate or not

i doing private gynae, the hospital i attached to is mount E...
so is totally different from NUH or KK...
my gynae do ask me go back for ultrasound scanning to check whether I ovulate or not
My prev private gynae was at Gleneagles, I had to go TMC for scans. So now I switched to NUH for everything. :(

My prev private gynae was at Gleneagles, I had to go TMC for scans. So now I switched to NUH for everything. :(
mine is private gynae at b.batok. consultation, blood test and ultrasound scanning all done at her clinic..
SA & HSG done at mount E.
so to me, still very convenient for me.

Hi all,

I am new to this thread. I have a 22mths old girl and has been trying awhile now for a little sheep but no news. Is it just me or is #2 that much harder to conceive? When 1 of my colleagues announced her pregancny last yr, I was so envious...now she is going to give birth soon and I am still ttc. What made things worse is another colleague just shared that she tested positive..happy for her coz I think she has been trying for some time liaos but at the same time...I feel sad. Felt cramps in my stomach for the past few days and thought finally I have a chance at SG50 baby...but my period came this morning. Was honestly feeling so angry and upset....though my hb cldnt understand and just said "lets try harder this month". I am tearing up as I type....I was still hoping that my period is a false alarm (maybe its the spotting that comes with pregancny??) but I know its not. Sigh..I have 2 pregnancy test kits at home waiting for me to use!!! Sorry for the rant but I really need to talk to ppl who understand. Lets jiayou together!
Hi Sleepy, my boy already 29mo (no prob ttc that time only took 2 cycles). I've been ttc for no.2 for almost 2 years, had a mc last year after 1 year of ttc. Now 6 mths after mc still no baby. My ovulation test and HSG are good but I'll be going to kkh to explore ivf cos I'll be 38yo this year not much time left to continue trying naturally.

li shan - same. i only tried for 2 months for #1 then strike liaos. so i thought should be the same this time round...really never expect it to be so difficult to conceive...if i had known, i wld have started trying earlier.. :( may i ask ur age? I am 31 this year and hb 38...hope we get at least 1 more bb.....

Z2 - jiayou!! i was reading thru the earliest posts of these thread and I can totally feel and understand the frustrations of all the ttc ladies here...really super disappointing to see the period come. alot of pain, anger and frustration. today whole day no mood to work...i have 2 other ladies on my team...and both are pregnant. 1 due in april and 1 just tested positive days ago. Although they are both 1st-time mommies but I cant help feeling jealous and envious...

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am new to this thread. I have a 22mths old girl and has been trying awhile now for a little sheep but no news. Is it just me or is #2 that much harder to conceive? When 1 of my colleagues announced her pregancny last yr, I was so envious...now she is going to give birth soon and I am still ttc. What made things worse is another colleague just shared that she tested positive..happy for her coz I think she has been trying for some time liaos but at the same time...I feel sad. Felt cramps in my stomach for the past few days and thought finally I have a chance at SG50 baby...but my period came this morning. Was honestly feeling so angry and upset....though my hb cldnt understand and just said "lets try harder this month". I am tearing up as I type....I was still hoping that my period is a false alarm (maybe its the spotting that comes with pregancny??) but I know its not. Sigh..I have 2 pregnancy test kits at home waiting for me to use!!! Sorry for the rant but I really need to talk to ppl who understand. Lets jiayou together!

Hi sleepyskies,

I also thought its harder to conceive number 2. I tried for 7 months and finally conceived my number 2. Jia you and keep bd during the fertile period. Im currently 4 months preggy now.

Gd luck to u n baby dust!

I am trying for #2 too, started in July last year but still no results. #1 was pretty fast 2 mths only so don't know why it is taking so long this time round.
i've got a feeling it's got to do with age

Me too, my firstborn is conceived within 2 mths. To ttc my no. 2, I will see when my AF is due. My MIL was like nagging me why wait until which year and so on then try. The older you age, the chances are lower.

Me too, my firstborn is conceived within 2 mths. To ttc my no. 2, I will see when my AF is due. My MIL was like nagging me why wait until which year and so on then try. The older you age, the chances are lower.

Aiyo, Ignore ur mil's remark, they know nuts, they thought its easy to conceive under such stressful environment in sg?

Wow, looks like many trying for no.2.
I'm still waiting for no.1 after months of TTC. 34 this year and it's disheartening to see auntie coming every month, including just yesterday wo.
But hubby and I still believe we will have our bb soon, will do whatever it takes- tcm, Iui, ivf.

Sleepy, alota of mommies in my no.1 group who had diff ttc that time conceived no.2 v fast instead. And I know alota mommies who mc when ttc no.2 but most of them already preg again. Last time I thought I cld time which horoscope I want but now I would be happy to have a healthy SG51 baby. Let's Jiayou! :)

Actually, I noticed the MTBs have their own FB groups by edd months but we don't have, not sure if it's a good idea for us to consider starting our own FB secret group and chatting there?

I'm still waiting for no.1 after months of TTC. 34 this year and it's disheartening to see auntie coming every month, including just yesterday wo.
But hubby and I still believe we will have our bb soon, will do whatever it takes- tcm, Iui, ivf.
Jiayou!!

Z2 - YES! I totally feel you! Some of my #1 group mommies also preg liaos and they will tell me who and who also preg with SG50 baby and I know some of them actually had difficulty conceiving #1 previously. 1 of the mommies even said she's gg to start trying for bb then next mth she say she tested positive liaos. faint. but that mommy super young only 25. last time I also thought I can "time" and plan which month i want to give birth but now..if can conceive I really over the moon liaos!

30012011 - thanks babe and congrats on your pregnancy! hope it be smooth till you deliver. :) I'm using a period tracker to see when I'm fertile/ovulating etc. gonna try BD alternate days when I'm fertile up till after ovulation. pray very hard for baby dust!!!!

Same here.. Still ttc #1!

Hello hello... I know I've read a lot about the pregnancy symptoms being similar to PMS.. But what exactly did you all feel? Is it possible to not feel anything? Haha.. I don't usually have a lot of PMS symptoms except the occasional tender breasts and perhaps being hungry (which is most of the times for me haha..)... So that's why I'm thinking we've missed it this cycle?
Then again, I know I'm just being anxious because AF has not come, but I'm only expecting it next week or so...

Sleepy- i am 37 already, hubby turning 40 soon. I just for an ultrasound scan because i had a cyst during my first pregnancy. The cyst is gone and everything is clear. Gyne gave me a slip to go for blood test on CD 22, i think to test if the egg is viable or something. Seeing Dr KT Tan at KKH, she delivered my #1. Not the most friendly gyne but super efficient during delivery.

I have been having some symptoms since ovulation, like sore nips and very bloated stomach (which are both unusual for me). A couple days ago I got a sudden metallic taste in my mouth (like blood) until I wondered if I bit myself. It just came and left suddenly.

I am trying not to read into all these so-called symptoms though it's hard. On CD29 today and test BFN this morning. AF suppose to come today so I am waiting... not getting hopes up because this morning my BBT seemed to dip a bit. :rolleyes:

Sleepy- i am 37 already, hubby turning 40 soon. I just for an ultrasound scan because i had a cyst during my first pregnancy. The cyst is gone and everything is clear. Gyne gave me a slip to go for blood test on CD 22, i think to test if the egg is viable or something. Seeing Dr KT Tan at KKH, she delivered my #1. Not the most friendly gyne but super efficient during delivery.
I think the BT at CD 22 is to test ur level of progesterone to check whether u ovulated. I did that last month.

Anyone seeing gynae at Thomson Medical? Please kindly recommend one as my current gynae no longer delivers baby.

I have seen Dr Adelina Wong before. She has a clinic in TMC. I really like her, she's gentle and careful, always positive sounding. If I get BFP she's the one I'm going to!

I did HSG last mth at tmc. U may wana bring a pair of spare shorts cos the dye liquid dripped out while I was walking to the cashier and my shorts were wet but luckily cos I wore dark coloured shorts the wet stains weren't obvious.

I did HSG last mth at tmc. U may wana bring a pair of spare shorts cos the dye liquid dripped out while I was walking to the cashier and my shorts were wet but luckily cos I wore dark coloured shorts the wet stains weren't obvious.
thanks for your advice!
i will do it :)

V fast, my gynae clinic nurse took my blood then pass to tmc diagnostic center within 2 working days shld know results.

Just to share, my hb and me just saw Dr Su at bt batok. She opined that hb and me are fine just that hb needs to repair his poor morphology by sleeping well which may take 3 to 6 months. She gave hb Meds and also gave me some Meds to strengthen (make my womb more "bouncy") since I had miscarriage last year. She advised me not to think too much about the lost baby cos moods will affect ttc chance. She also suggested to cut down on cold stuff. She said that we can take her Meds with our current western supplements just space out 1 hr intervals. But if I really wana go kkh to hurry up, she suggests IUI for my case. Now in dilemma if to cancel appt at kkh. Hope Dr Su's Meds will help us. Overall I think I was comfortable with her. If you are going to see her, do remb to bring all ur med reports (ovulation BT, HSG, SA etc.) if you have any. I brought mine and she read them and immediately saw the prob.

Last edited:
I did HSG test, however my gynae gave me some antibiotics to take cos he said some ladies are prone to having infection after the test, so it is good to take antibiotics after the test. Prior to HSG, I took some painkiller cos I read how painfully it was and gynae also advised it could be painful. However, it was uncomfortable and just slight pain, but bear in mind that after the test, we are so close to having our bb, the thoughts just overcome everything! Jiayou!

Why only suggest IUI?
As I've explained, she said if I wana hurry, for our case can try IUI. So I think she's saying for our case, she's more inclined for us to make adjustments to our lifestyles and take her Meds to help strengthen our bodies and try another 3-6 months.

Just to share, my hb and me just saw Dr Su at bt batok. She opined that hb and me are fine just that hb needs to repair his poor morphology by sleeping well which may take 3 to 6 months. She gave hb Meds and also gave me some Meds to strengthen (make my womb more "bouncy") since I had miscarriage last year. She advised me not to think too much about the lost baby cos moods will affect ttc chance. She also suggested to cut down on cold stuff. She said that we can take her Meds with our current western supplements just space out 1 hr intervals. But if I really wana go kkh to hurry up, she suggests only IUI for my case. Now in dilemma if to cancel appt at kkh. Hope Dr Su's Meds will help us. Overall I think I was comfortable with her. If you are going to see her, do remb to bring all ur med reports (ovulation BT, HSG, SA etc.) if you have any. I brought mine and she read them and immediately saw the prob.

Hope her meds can help u too!
All the best...

I really follow her advise during ttc... Even the ridiculous one like don't eat fruits.... Cos according to her will make yr womb cold/weak...

Reactions: Z2
Where can I buy the basal thermometer?
I bought it from Guardian back in 2012 and now I cant find them in Guardian/Watson's anymore....

I did HSG test, however my gynae gave me some antibiotics to take cos he said some ladies are prone to having infection after the test, so it is good to take antibiotics after the test. Prior to HSG, I took some painkiller cos I read how painfully it was and gynae also advised it could be painful. However, it was uncomfortable and just slight pain, but bear in mind that after the test, we are so close to having our bb, the thoughts just overcome everything! Jiayou!

i did mine last sat but wasn't prescribe antibotics... I didn't take painkiller though because i read cannot take any medicine before HSG. Mount E nurses quite nice, keep saying the pain will be like menses cramp. but I never have menses cramp before.. During HSG, i think my face turn white or purple or green coz the doc & nurses keep asking whether i ok or not.. personally i really feel quite painful but still endurable. if anyone is having this level of menses cramp every month, i totally understand why need to take Mc and rest at home.. coz so cramp until my legs also jelly...

Back