2nd miscarriage in 6 months

Lovelyloves

Hi all,

I just went for d&c as i just had a missed miscarriage at week 10. This is my second miscarriage in 6 months where my first miscarriage ended quite quickly at week 4/5.

Does anyone here have experience of conceiving successfully after 2 miscarriages? I am not sure if we should continue trying or go for more tests (Though our gynae told us not to cos he said that the results will usually come out fine.)

Thank you in advance!

Hi all,

I just went for d&c as i just had a missed miscarriage at week 10. This is my second miscarriage in 6 months where my first miscarriage ended quite quickly at week 4/5.

Does anyone here have experience of conceiving successfully after 2 miscarriages? I am not sure if we should continue trying or go for more tests (Though our gynae told us not to cos he said that the results will usually come out fine.)

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

So sorry for your loss. I have 3 losses in total & still chasing after my rainbow baby. For mine, 1st was quick like urs & 2nd i lost it at 9 weeks.
After the 2nd loss, me and hubby actually went for karyotyping test (blood test) to see if we have both perfect 46 chromosomes, & gynae also started testing me for thick blood issues.
Although (Thank God) all came back normal, but for us, we did push for those tests because we would like to do my part and make sure we do all the necessary check so that we can narrow down any triggering factors before trying again. And touchwood if happen to find out any triggering factors, at least can manage it to reduce the miscarriage risk for the next pregnancy.
Jiayou & take good care!!

hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing! Can i check where did you do the karotyping test? Since my gynae wasnt too keen on this, we’re hoping to do the test on our own. Am glad your test came out well!!

Thanks for the encouragement! Let’s jiayou together and make rainbow babies :)

Thanks for sharing! Can i check where did you do the karotyping test? Since my gynae wasnt too keen on this, we’re hoping to do the test on our own. Am glad your test came out well!!

Thanks for the encouragement! Let’s jiayou together and make rainbow babies :)

Glad to share! This journey is not easy with alot of self doubt and grief, need to support one another.
I was with dr lim may li from Mount e novena when she calls for the karyotyping and thick blood test. Then i also went for NUH professor choolani the head of recurrent loss department, who is a gynae too. He called for a whole series of blood test which can potentially harm the pregnancy including infections etc
May i check Which gynae are you with? If not convenient to share here you can pm me if you are okay to share :)

Hi all,

Thank you in advance!

I personally feel should just keep trying. Is good implantation occurs meaning your womb is ready. Most of the time MC is very common at first trimester. Sometime is just chemical pregnancy. The body will naturally reject if there is chromosome abnormality , is good that is rejecting it at the earlier stage of pregnancy. Maybe your body "QC department" is very stringent and only allow perfect baby to happen in your body ? :) And if next pregnancy bring u pass first trimester, you can be sure you will have a perfect healthy baby :)

If your week10 MC is because of blighted ovum. These are the information extracted from google. "Unfortunately, in most cases, a blighted ovum cannot be prevented. Some couples will seek out genetic testing if multiple early pregnancy losses occur. A blighted ovum is often a one-time occurrence, and rarely will a woman experience more than one."

If you have experienced once, the chances of occurring another is very minimum.

But maybe try some TCM ? Esp after MC, you need to take care of your body well before try again. Mentally as well .. because if you got pregnant again the next time, mentally you will be very negative .. it happens to me too.

So try to put yourself together again ... and get yourself physically and mentally ready for the next try.

I am very sure you will have a baby very soon. Take the necessary supplement like folic acid etc that's necessary to prepare for a good pregnancy.

Glad to share! This journey is not easy with alot of self doubt and grief, need to support one another.
I was with dr lim may li from Mount e novena when she calls for the karyotyping and thick blood test. Then i also went for NUH professor choolani the head of recurrent loss department, who is a gynae too. He called for a whole series of blood test which can potentially harm the pregnancy including infections etc
May i check Which gynae are you with? If not convenient to share here you can pm me if you are okay to share :)
Hi how are you doing under Prof Choolani’s advice? I just had my third loss and also going to start on a series of test with Prof Choolani so keen to know your successes or some insights from this.

Hi how are you doing under Prof Choolani’s advice? I just had my third loss and also going to start on a series of test with Prof Choolani so keen to know your successes or some insights from this.

Hi, i went for a series of blood test with Prof Choolani and everything came back normal. So he concluded it is really just pure unlucky & have to bite the bullets, he have encounter such cases before too. Last year the NUH ivf was closed for renovation, so i queued for the pgs for KKH & will be going to do it next month!
all the best to you for your blood test!

Hi, i went for a series of blood test with Prof Choolani and everything came back normal. So he concluded it is really just pure unlucky & have to bite the bullets, he have encounter such cases before too. Last year the NUH ivf was closed for renovation, so i queued for the pgs for KKH & will be going to do it next month!
all the best to you for your blood test!
Thanks so much for your reply! I hope you get you get your rainbow baby soon!

Back