2016 Mommies - Expecting Twins

I was also contemplating contour but hubby find it too heavy.
, scare later becum white elephant...

I was given jabs to prepare to build up bb lung development.. anybody is aware of this?
Hi
You were given the steroid jabs at how many weeks? I was given at 36 w.

Hi Twins mummies, I'm week 16 now.. Still don't know the gender... so cant buy anything yet!!
When was you last scan?
By right can find out between 16-20 weeks.
I also dont know the gender yet. But yesterday went to buy some tollyjoy clothes. Since its white, its suitable for both boy or girl ;)

During my first scan, there are already 2 sacs, we know almost immediately..

I am given the jab around wk 32 6 days.not sire if so early got any side effects or nt..

Hi,

did the doc explain y you need the jab? any pre conditions or just to be on the safe side?
I heard the jab was quite painful? :(

Hi mommies who are in 30+ weeks, did your gynae give you mc to rest at home? my gynae did mention to expect to stay at home and rest earlier than singleton pregnancy. But forget to ask him when..

Hi mommies who are in 30+ weeks, did your gynae give you mc to rest at home? my gynae did mention to expect to stay at home and rest earlier than singleton pregnancy. But forget to ask him when..

My gynae intend to give me hospitalisation leave when i am 34 weeks.

Hi,

did the doc explain y you need the jab? any pre conditions or just to be on the safe side?
I heard the jab was quite painful? :(

My gynae say jab jus in case the bb want to come early so the jab can help develop the lungs. Yes, very painful as the liquid very viscous, can feel the liquid flowing thru.. need to jab 2 times with a 12 hour gap.

I am also rather clueless on what to buy, only decided on the stroller. Have to buy 2 baby cots n space is tight.. Do you all know which brand of breast pump is good.. We need more supply so I suppose we need more powerful ones? But also afraid the powerful ones are very painful and noisy.

Gynae target 37 weeks. However, during the last visit on 32 weeks, one of them not growing.. sort of stagnant. If this week, she is still not gaining, may take them out ard 35 weeks.

Did dr say why one of them not growing? If both babies are above 2kg then is ok to take them out on week 35 right.

Gynae target 37 weeks. However, during the last visit on 32 weeks, one of them not growing.. sort of stagnant. If this week, she is still not gaining, may take them out ard 35 weeks.
How many weeks are you? I was in the same situation as you. My gynae decided to take out at 35 weeks +3. One twin was 2.5kg while the other was 1.75kg. The lighter one stayed in NICU for 16days. My advice to mummies with such situations is to downgrade to C class cos NICU charges are hefty.

I am also rather clueless on what to buy, only decided on the stroller. Have to buy 2 baby cots n space is tight.. Do you all know which brand of breast pump is good.. We need more supply so I suppose we need more powerful ones? But also afraid the powerful ones are very painful and noisy.
I bought a twin cot. It looks like this.

Attachments

• IMG-20151215-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20151215-WA0016.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 329
I see. rest more for these 6weeks!!! Don't walk too much.

You already made arrangement for who to look after your twins?? I am still considering if should get a maid. Mom will be looking after for me.. quite relunctant to get a maid.. but worried it will be too tough for my mom to handle 2 babies... :(
You can get a maid if you have an adult to supervise. It will lighten your mum's load :)

My gynae say jab jus in case the bb want to come early so the jab can help develop the lungs. Yes, very painful as the liquid very viscous, can feel the liquid flowing thru.. need to jab 2 times with a 12 hour gap.

thanks for the info! guess i must gear up for it!

You can get a maid if you have an adult to supervise. It will lighten your mum's load :)
I think the problem is someone supervising the maid.

My sis had twins too. N got a maid to help my mom. during 2 years changed 6 maids. The maids dont listen to my mom instructions. then end up everyday complain to my sis... cause me to have maid phobia now..

Hi, glad to see this thread! =) I'm 27 weeks now. Worried how much my babies are weighing now since it's been 5 wks since i last seen them. Gained 10kg already... Hope all will be well when I see the gynae tmr.

Hi, glad to see this thread! =) I'm 27 weeks now. Worried how much my babies are weighing now since it's been 5 wks since i last seen them. Gained 10kg already... Hope all will be well when I see the gynae tmr.
You see them 5 weeks apart?
I now is 4 weeks apart and i get paranoid. I rather see them more often just to have peace of mind haha

very gd! then when you intend to deliver? c sect or natural?

oh they are of 2 different sac right? or sharing?

Phew, baby on the right who is 1.7 kg catch up during the latest checkup to 2.2 kg within a week. Not sure is it because previously i have always been sleeping on the right and the blood circulation to the right bb is not good and thus not growing well. Once i switch side, bb right gain 500gm within a week.

I opting for c sec as do not want to risk emergency c sect.
Yes, they are fraternal twins with 2 sacs and placenta.

You see them 5 weeks apart?
I now is 4 weeks apart and i get paranoid. I rather see them more often just to have peace of mind haha

Ya, 5 weeks as I don't have much days to visit the gynae and i work on alternate Sat and my company does not recognise pte gynae's mc. So stressful to leave 15mins earlier on a Sat to rush to see the gynae.

Quite worried about their progress too, scared they dun grow at same rate. Currently, they differ by 100g at wk 27. My next appt is 3 weeks apart now.

Do any of you intend to do breastfeed? I was told that has to start preparing at 2nd trimester to ensure sufficient supply.

Hi all, for those having twins and are working full time, what are the arrangements when you return back to work?

Sorry for my late reply babes! I was busy with my eldest gal attending childcare and my younger twin was hospitalised last week. I bought the cot from taobao. But it takes about 6-8 weeks. The thing is you must get a agent help you get. Mine was stuck in Guangzhou when I realised they couldn't ship to Singapore. One of my friend got her China friend to help.

I dunno... my colleague previously told me she started to massage her boobs fr 5th mth and can squeeze a few drops (before birth is not colostrum yet). She also ate sesame with oat etc. Her supply is still a lot till now after 9 mths. Then my sis's friend, a lactation counselor also told her that I should prepare now if i intend to. So I'm gathering more info.

How do you Start preparing at 2nd trimester?

Hi all, for those having twins and are working full time, what are the arrangements when you return back to work?

I'll have a helper and my in laws who stay with me (semi-working) so we ask them to have at least one be at home at all times with the maid.

Any of the twin mummies here opt for natural delivery instead of csect?
My gynae encourage csect for twins to prevent complications for mummy and kids. Hence, i follow his advice. If subsequently have singleton, then i'll go for natural.

I'll have a helper and my in laws who stay with me (semi-working) so we ask them to have at least one be at home at all times with the maid.
I see. I'm contemplating if I can get a super nanny who stays near me to look after them instead, cos my husband and I are not very comfortable with a 3rd person hanging around in the house, plus all the scary helper stories.

Ya. If I do not have my in laws, I will have put them with a local nanny instead. Even with my in laws, I also installed a few cctvs because never know what they will do when no one is looking.
Do note that some local nanny sometimes takes in too many children and fee is rather high.

Harlow, jus delivered my twins at week 37. Both more than 2kg, no nicu time. Normally nursery. However, the lighter one seems not to be feeding very well.e

Hello fellow mummies. I am not sure if most of u are fr kkh or private gynaes outside? Would like to gather info.. pls share with me. Thanks!!

Back