2016 Mommies - Expecting Twins

Harlow..i am having g-g twins,about 31 weeks. How abt u?

Me too looking for 2016 twin mummies... but only see active post for 2015..

I see. rest more for these 6weeks!!! Don't walk too much.

You already made arrangement for who to look after your twins?? I am still considering if should get a maid. Mom will be looking after for me.. quite relunctant to get a maid.. but worried it will be too tough for my mom to handle 2 babies... :(

Lol.. still working and got a 3 yr old to take care.. yes, i have a maid and my mother in law to take care of the twins when i go back to work. My 3yr will go full day childcare. Are the twins your first birth? Still coping ok with the morning sickness?

Good to see this thread here! FTM expecting BG twins. Currently 26 weeks. It's definitely double joy but double the worries too!

@gambateh oh.. so your maid and mil look after your twins.. means i shld also get a maid.. if not my mom cant cope right... :( my sis have twins too. my mom used to look after for her with a maid. But over 2yrs change like 6 maids! So i really dun like the idea of maid.. yes, its my first birth.. ms quite ok. On and off. Some days totally didnt feel at all.

@milogall88! Welcome!!! BG twins so nice!! Still dont know my twins gender yet.. yea. can understand. Feel happy having my twins. Bt lotsa worries about everything!

Twinmummy2016: yah. Think can be difficult to handle if only your mum. We have maid issues as well. The previous one alot of family prob and lazy so we let her go bk. The current one i have is quite nice.. very grateful to have her before my twins arrive. Maid really depend on luck...

Milogal88: congrats.. when i discovered mine is twin, i oso hope for b-g.. but mine is g-g. Think as long as both healthy I should be grateful.. lol..

So both of u are delivering where?

@gambateh oh.. so your maid and mil look after your twins.. means i shld also get a maid.. if not my mom cant cope right... :( my sis have twins too. my mom used to look after for her with a maid. But over 2yrs change like 6 maids! So i really dun like the idea of maid.. yes, its my first birth.. ms quite ok. On and off. Some days totally didnt feel at all.

@milogall88! Welcome!!! BG twins so nice!! Still dont know my twins gender yet.. yea. can understand. Feel happy having my twins. Bt lotsa worries about everything!

Yeah, just take 1 step at a time. The worries are never ending. Sometimes it even occurs to me that pregnancy is not for the faint hearted haha! Maybe I'm more paranoid! Have u gone for your oscars yet?

Twinmummy2016: yah. Think can be difficult to handle if only your mum. We have maid issues as well. The previous one alot of family prob and lazy so we let her go bk. The current one i have is quite nice.. very grateful to have her before my twins arrive. Maid really depend on luck...

Milogal88: congrats.. when i discovered mine is twin, i oso hope for b-g.. but mine is g-g. Think as long as both healthy I should be grateful.. lol..

So both of u are delivering where?

Hi dear! Tks! Yeah, regardless of gender, healthy is the most important. Had a scare at 20 weeks detailed scan whereby my girl has some heart valve issue but lucky the scan last week showed that it has improved & gyne also assured us we don't have to worry about it. But we're still cautiously happy & just hope everything will be smooth. I'll be delivering at kkh. What about yourself ?

I went for my oscar scan already. still waiting for the result. So long. clinic says 2weeks for the result to be out..

Read alot of people get bad oscar result.. now kinda regret. Shld have done harmony..

I went for my oscar scan already. still waiting for the result. So long. clinic says 2weeks for the result to be out..

Read alot of people get bad oscar result.. now kinda regret. Shld have done harmony..

How come so long for Oscars results to be out ? My report was out on the same day. My gyne told me harmony test is not accurate for twins due to the 3 DNA it will pick up. So u won't know for sure which is which. Oscars includes scan which detects if the bb has nasal bone which is a good indicator if further tests are required. Anyway, just stay positive & talk to your babies. Everything will be fine ya

Hi, so happy to see this thread. I am having twins too, now at 15 weeks. Do you all have issues with eating? I must eat something every 2-3 hrs if not I will feel sick. I am not one who snack a lot so I found it difficult...

Hi, so happy to see this thread. I am having twins too, now at 15 weeks. Do you all have issues with eating? I must eat something every 2-3 hrs if not I will feel sick. I am not one who snack a lot so I found it difficult...

Congrats babe! Actually it's fine to eat something every 2-3 hrs instead of 1 full meal especially now that our digestive system works slower. Just eat when u feel hungry but do try & munch on healthy snacks instead.

Thanks @milogal88, I think I run out of thing to eat, and sometimes the hunger strikes very fast, had to request for boss to let me stay office-bound as I am not comfortable to go for external meetings, lucky my boss is very understanding.

I took a dna test to check for down syndromes, a bit like harmony but not exactly harmony as my gynae also said harmony test is not so accurate for twins. I know for sure one baby is a boy, the other need to wait for scan, hope it's a girl

@Springapple, its good to eat every 2-3hours of small meal. I was eating every 2-3hrs few weeks back.. but now suddenly stop feeling hungry... n keep having headache :(

My gynae told me harmony is accurate for twins. But i still went for oscar.. where will you be delivering?

Yes, is good to eat small meals each time. When i was in 1st and early 2nd tri, morning sickness was bad..could not eat much. Lost weight instead of gain. But surprising, the bb gain weight..

I oso went for harmony, did not noe hw accurate it is. But my gynea also check the skin behind each bb neck. She say look ok. Is was the harmony result that confirm both are girls since there is no y chormosomes.

I am gg deliver at TMC since my 1st is at TMC.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. I was spotting on Thurs and gynae gave me a proluton injection and all was fine till moments ago, I went to the washroom and noticed that I'm spotting again. This is an IVF pregnancy and I miscarried last year. Should I visit the A&E yet?

Hi Claudia, i think it depends on how heavy it is.. is the colour brown or red? I was also spotting on Week 6. Then gynae gave me jab and meds. Then spotting stop for a week before it starts again for another couple of days and stop before i see the gynae. When i told the gynae, he didnt seem worried since its on and off. So he didnt continue me on meds or jab.

I understand how worrying it can feel. If not just go to a&e just to be safe. In the meantime, bedrest more and try not to walk too much. Take care!

Hi Claudia, i think it depends on how heavy it is.. is the colour brown or red? I was also spotting on Week 6. Then gynae gave me jab and meds. Then spotting stop for a week before it starts again for another couple of days and stop before i see the gynae. When i told the gynae, he didnt seem worried since its on and off. So he didnt continue me on meds or jab.

I understand how worrying it can feel. If not just go to a&e just to be safe. In the meantime, bedrest more and try not to walk too much. Take care!
Thanks twin mummy 2016,

I've been monitoring last night and the flow is light with no cramps. Initially the blood was bright red which freaked me out, but it later turned to dark brown. I'm due to see the gynae on Wednesday but I'd probably bring it forward to Monday. Or else if the bleeding continues, I may pop into the A & E today.

Did I mention that I'm already 37 years old? makes this a high risk pregnancy. Yes, I'll definitely rest in bed as much as possible. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Thanks twin mummy 2016,

I've been monitoring last night and the flow is light with no cramps. Initially the blood was bright red which freaked me out, but it later turned to dark brown. I'm due to see the gynae on Wednesday but I'd probably bring it forward to Monday. Or else if the bleeding continues, I may pop into the A & E today.

Did I mention that I'm already 37 years old? makes this a high risk pregnancy. Yes, I'll definitely rest in bed as much as possible. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Try to bed rest and don't walk around. I understand proluton jab can last a week and bleeding should gradually stop. Yes pls consult your gynae again if bleeding persist. Twins pregnancy are higher risk so we have to rest more. Take care girl.

Thanks twin mummy 2016,

Hi Claudia, just continue with medication and best rest and prop your feet s little with pillow. I also spotted in the early weeks of 1st tri. Will take a few days to taper off when a spotting incident happens.

HI Claudia,

I spotted throughout my 1st trimester. it was a worrying period for me.
For red spotting, i went to A&E right away for progesterone jab as well as scan to reassure myself that everything it is alright.

please rest well.

HI Claudia,

I spotted throughout my 1st trimester. it was a worrying period for me.
For red spotting, i went to A&E right away for progesterone jab as well as scan to reassure myself that everything it is alright.

please rest well.
Thanks you, j_snow!

Try to bed rest and don't walk around. I understand proluton jab can last a week and bleeding should gradually stop. Yes pls consult your gynae again if bleeding persist. Twins pregnancy are higher risk so we have to rest more. Take care girl.
Thank you Bunny33,

Bleeding didn't worsen so I'm just going to continue bed rest and see my gynae tomorrow.

Hi ladies, I'm scheduled for csect this coming Tues @ my week 37. Tummy is real huge & back pain is killing! Take good care all MTB, rest as much as you can.
Joey, can offload the twins already this tues and they will be in your arms safely. All the best!

Anyone bought twins stroller?? Looking around now. But seems like most twins stroller are suitable for toddler and not infant. Is it necessary to have stroller for infant??

Anyone bought twins stroller?? Looking around now. But seems like most twins stroller are suitable for toddler and not infant. Is it necessary to have stroller for infant??

nope not buying as of now. Will consider the necessity after birth.;)

I also looking at the twins stroller now.. seems like minimum age to be able to use is 3mths. Was thinking buying later when we think we need.. since first few mths will hardly be going out.. but.. so worried by after birth will be hard to go out to shop for it.. :(

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. I was spotting on Thurs and gynae gave me a proluton injection and all was fine till moments ago, I went to the washroom and noticed that I'm spotting again. This is an IVF pregnancy and I miscarried last year. Should I visit the A&E yet?

Hi babe, hope that your spotting has cleared. But do still continue to monitor ya. If it's red, best to head down to your gyne or a&e for support jab & a scan to make sure everything is fine. I also spotted brown & 2 red bleeding episodes on 2 consecutive weeks during the 1st tri & was on max support. Take care & rest well.

Hi ladies, I'm scheduled for csect this coming Tues @ my week 37. Tummy is real huge & back pain is killing! Take good care all MTB, rest as much as you can.

Safe delivery tmr babe! It's the final lap...jia you & the babies will be in your arms!

I bought the contours elite as my dh prefers a tandem stroller. We're also getting the maxi cosi infant car seat which can be adapted to the pram. But i feel that the pram is heavy so if u're petite sized, might be a challenge to handle on your own.

I saw that at the baby hypermart! The demin wan damn chio but dh don't like side by side so no go for me :rolleyes:

Got demin one meh. I didn't know alamak. I chose the dark blue one haha. It's easy to handle n close. U show your hb YouTube video of this stroller he may change his mind

Got demin one meh. I didn't know alamak. I chose the dark blue one haha. It's easy to handle n close. U show your hb YouTube video of this stroller he may change his mind

Sorry my bad! Yes it's the dark blue one! Nice leh. Demin is single one. I'm at hyperstore now! Hahaha
We already bought the contours so no chance to brainwash him liao.

The thread has been rather quiet... how is everyone? Now week 33, the tummy is super tight and difficult to breath.. 4 more weeks to go..

I was also contemplating contour but hubby find it too heavy.
, scare later becum white elephant...

I was given jabs to prepare to build up bb lung development.. anybody is aware of this?

Back