2016/08 August babies

Monitor awhile and if spotting continues or bleeding, go back to clinic asap. Any kind of spotting or bleeding better see your gynae in case you need any jab or medicine.

For now don't worry and try to walk lesser, if possible, lie down and rest :)

thanks saintbaby & zzeesays, they managed to find a covering doc to see me and need me to rush there in 15mins. Done a tummy u/s and doc say looks ok for now, no signs of bleeding etc,, he proposed I resume back to 2x duphaston daily and gave me a jab at my bum(ouch), asked me to go back rest 2 days and monitor progress.

@aaa111 Heh thank you! Ya baby kept showing us his/her face then sonographer say baby please turn, we need to see side profile then baby turned!

Yes! More of shopping! So many cute stuff can buy especially first kiddo in the house. Name very hard to think, shall continue to call baby till I decide lol!

@jellyga Oh ya heartbeat I've asked about mine too. Like about the same as what my gynae scanned the other time in Dec. 160ish.

Ha ha, so nice. But seriously, by the 20 week detail scan, if your bb is super guai and give the sonographer a chance to take a good frontal pic of his/her face, dun be suprise that you will immediately be able to tell who the bb looks like. I am serious, not bluffing you. But dun be too happy if bb looks like you, beco bb face will keep on changing rapidly as they grow up.

Ha ha, so nice. But seriously, by the 20 week detail scan, if your bb is super guai and give the sonographer a chance to take a good frontal pic of his/her face, dun be suprise that you will immediately be able to tell who the bb looks like. I am serious, not bluffing you. But dun be too happy if bb looks like you, beco bb face will keep on changing rapidly as they grow up.

Wow!!! Really!? I just wanna know gender but now you got me excited about the week 20 scan with a new thing! Okay I shall talk to baby one day before I go for my scan again. Don't need look like me never mind but must show me his or her gender by then hahahha

@aaa111 Heh thank you! Ya baby kept showing us his/her face then sonographer say baby please turn, we need to see side profile then baby turned!

Yes! More of shopping! So many cute stuff can buy especially first kiddo in the house. Name very hard to think, shall continue to call baby till I decide lol!

@jellyga Oh ya heartbeat I've asked about mine too. Like about the same as what my gynae scanned the other time in Dec. 160ish.

I didn't manage to get to know the heart beat rate during last check up. So just now first time know.

Same not yet decided name still early.. gynae told me should be able to know gender at next check up in 4th weeks time

thanks saintbaby & zzeesays, they managed to find a covering doc to see me and need me to rush there in 15mins. Done a tummy u/s and doc say looks ok for now, no signs of bleeding etc,, he proposed I resume back to 2x duphaston daily and gave me a jab at my bum(ouch), asked me to go back rest 2 days and monitor progress.

rest well! i also had a jab the first time i went...
im also on duphaston but once a day. before bedtime. :) and it helps me to sleep thruout the night (though getting up once more often to go toilet).

I didn't manage to get to know the heart beat rate during last check up. So just now first time know.

Same not yet decided name still early.. gynae told me should be able to know gender at next check up in 4th weeks time

I'm going again on cny time to see gynae. Guess will be too early for me to tell the gender, might have to wait till march for my week 20 scan then :(

Nonetheless, I'll still try and ask lol!

Wow!!! Really!? I just wanna know gender but now you got me excited about the week 20 scan with a new thing! Okay I shall talk to baby one day before I go for my scan again. Don't need look like me never mind but must show me his or her gender by then hahahha

Hello,

Ha ha, tell your bb the night before that if dun post sui sui for mummy, Mummy not going to buy nice clothes & toy for you. The next day sure ly down keep very still for to sonographer to take as many pic as she want de.

Hello,

Ha ha, tell your bb the night before that if dun post sui sui for mummy, Mummy not going to buy nice clothes & toy for you. The next day sure ly down keep very still for to sonographer to take as many pic as she want de.

I will go and buy all pink! Don't care boy also wear pink then lol! Maybe if baby boy then he will open his legs wide for us to see, 'eh I am a boy, don't get me all pink please.'

I will go and buy all pink! Don't care boy also wear pink then lol! Maybe if baby boy then he will open his legs wide for us to see, 'eh I am a boy, don't get me all pink please.'

Hello, for bb boys, it is actually quite easier to spot as compare to bb girl. beco "it" dangle out ya. dun waste $$$ anyhow buy ya, forever got baby fair and sales de. Plus they grow very rapidly in the earlier mth/year. If you buy too much, wait he/she just wear 1-2 time then cannot fit le. Oh ya, different brand clothes sizing all different de. When it print small size or for 1 year old, it is not universal de, it is actually very common that kids at 1 year old are wearing 2 years old clothes instead.

Hello, for bb boys, it is actually quite easier to spot as compare to bb girl. beco "it" dangle out ya. dun waste $$$ anyhow buy ya, forever got baby fair and sales de. Plus they grow very rapidly in the earlier mth/year. If you buy too much, wait he/she just wear 1-2 time then cannot fit le. Oh ya, different brand clothes sizing all different de. When it print small size or for 1 year old, it is not universal de, it is actually very common that kids at 1 year old are wearing 2 years old clothes instead.

Hahaha yeah I'm kidding. My husband will roll eye at me if I buy all pink. Gonna wait till second trimester after week 20 scan then start shopping! Can't wait!

Trying to find something to distract myself from the Oscar test result lol

Btw the sonographer says I'm week 11 day 6. I thought I'm in week 12 day 2 already. Few days difference doesn't matter much?

Baby measures close to 6cm.

Btw the sonographer says I'm week 11 day 6. I thought I'm in week 12 day 2 already. Few days difference doesn't matter much?

I think few days delta is fine. My gynae told me it's common to fluctuate +/- 3 days during the early stages.

@zzeesays and @jellyga, great that your oscar tests went well...now is hoping for good results. Do not worry, all will be fine. Kkh nurse told ne majority of mummies get good results.

@zzeesays, yup few days difference is common. My gynae says the one taken at oscar scan will be more accurate than the ones he took. Maybe the machine more high-tech. Btw, my edd is at 30th July haha. But im staying in this thread as i started off as aug mummy.

Hehe okay. I was hoping my baby can come out before National Day! Looks like will be later.

Yeah I sure hope results are good cause usually if good, people wouldn't be writing. If bad then people will seek for help or second option. Thinking positive thoughts now :)

I forgot ask my sonographer the edd but I saw the screen show 13w 3 day during she do the scan. I supposed to be 12w 2 days. exactly same like u.. hehe..

After see my gynae also didn't ask.. lol.. blur me...

@zzeesays and @jellyga, great that your oscar tests went well...now is hoping for good results. Do not worry, all will be fine. Kkh nurse told ne majority of mummies get good results.

@zzeesays, yup few days difference is common. My gynae says the one taken at oscar scan will be more accurate than the ones he took. Maybe the machine more high-tech. Btw, my edd is at 30th July haha. But im staying in this thread as i started off as aug mummy.

Thanks @caldaf . Results will be soon in 2 days time and I pray for healthy baby.. seeing bb so active moving inside make me so excited..

Hahaha yeah I'm kidding. My husband will roll eye at me if I buy all pink. Gonna wait till second trimester after week 20 scan then start shopping! Can't wait!

Trying to find something to distract myself from the Oscar test result lol

Same same... need to distract from test results...

I forgot ask my sonographer the edd but I saw the screen show 13w 3 day during she do the scan. I supposed to be 12w 2 days. exactly same like u.. hehe..

After see my gynae also didn't ask.. lol.. blur me...

My sonograpgher says I'm 11w6d when I thought I'm 12w2d. Means my edd gonna change again.

Gonna see gynae on cny week, maybe I'll ask again on my edd haha

Hi, nice to meet everyone here! I'm at 9 weeks and can't wait for my morning sickness to end (actually more like night sickness...hahah, don't know if anyone else experiencing the same thing). EDD 29 Aug.

Can someone add me to the facebook group too? [email protected]

My sonograpgher says I'm 11w6d when I thought I'm 12w2d. Means my edd gonna change again.

Gonna see gynae on cny week, maybe I'll ask again on my edd haha

Yah, u can ask him. Just now I see my gyane at his hospital clinic so the scan pic he gave me didn't state edd. Maybe next visit go back his own clinic I need to ask him again.. hehe..

Btw, my gynae told me I can drink yakult /vitagen if ladies need to drink can try. However when I told him I do have certain days diarrhoea he mention about drinking milk, as he ask after I drink milk does I diarrhoea so maybe ladies you all can take note also.. :)

@adeqi Oh ya you can try yakult too! I've been having that to help digestion. Probiotics.

@jellyga Yeah I've been having yakult. If stomach abit windy or churning then I will skip. Baby loves yakult too hahaha

Hello,

Congrats on the successfully drawing of blood and scan. Your bb very guai. Good good, Result will be equally good ya. No worries. You want to know the gender so that can start shopping plus choose name rite? hee hee.
Hi
At many weeks r u at ..im excited to know if i can see so many things this weekend too. I shld be 12 weeks + 2 by then..
Just wondering if Oscar scan is enough or there's a full scan that can even tell the gender? Price diff is alot though..oscar 300..the full scan 1200

@adeqi Oh ya you can try yakult too! I've been having that to help digestion. Probiotics.

@jellyga Yeah I've been having yakult. If stomach abit windy or churning then I will skip. Baby loves yakult too hahaha

I yet try yakult as my bowel movements is still normal *touch wood* only a few occasion I feel constipated..

@jellyga Heh I always get two types of yakult, the ace light and normal one. Cause the other one has less sugar so I'll alternate.

It's to help aid digestion not really drink will dash toilet. Last time when I got a lot of churning then I took probiotics pills before so I Guess yakult is something like help to balance. I only worry too much sugar :p

Hi
At many weeks r u at ..im excited to know if i can see so many things this weekend too. I shld be 12 weeks + 2 by then..
Just wondering if Oscar scan is enough or there's a full scan that can even tell the gender? Price diff is alot though..oscar 300..the full scan 1200

Hello, now at 12 weeks.

Oscar contain a scan, i doubt the sonographer will be able to confirm the gender for you. The full scan you are referring to i believe is panaroma/harmony.verifi etc. These test cost at least $800 or more and they will be able to establish the gender of your child up to accuracy of 99% and according to panaroma brochure, such test can be done as early as 9-10 week. These are not scan, they are actually blood test. The main reason why some test cost more is because it promise higher accuracy in term of the result. Of cos the specific clinic that you decide to go to all plays a part ya, some atas clinic/hospital will charge easily 20%-30% more for the exact same test.

The other method is amino test, this cost over $1000 and carry a tiny risk of MC.

Incidentally, all the above test main objective is to test the baby for down sydrome, telling the baby gender are secondary objective. Even if you decide to skip all these test, at week 20, most if not all mummy will be doing a detail scan, by then the bb will be big enough and very high chance the bb sexual organ will be fairly well develop by them for an experience sonographer to confidently tell you the gender of your bb.

Cheers

The nurse called me to inform that my Oscar result is normal, not high risk and no need further test. Usually they disclose such a brief result only? I was expecting to hear the ratio lol!

Happy that she says normal but I can't remember what is considered under Oscar and the other blood is under another test.

I thought we took a lot of blood then won't tell us more like iron level and all? When I asked, nurse says haven't see yet, will call me when she sees the report then hanged up.

Now I'm confused. I only ask so everything is normal? Lol

Can any mommies tell me the other blood test will be used to test for what stuff? I only remember hiv, iron.

Last edited:
The nurse called me to inform that my Oscar result is normal, not high risk and no need further test. Usually they disclose such a brief result only? I was expecting to hear the ratio lol!

Happy that she says normal but I can't remember what is considered under Oscar and the other blood is under another test.

I thought we took a lot of blood then won't tell us more like iron level and all? When I asked, nurse says haven't see yet, will call me when she sees the report then hanged up.

Can any mommies tell me the other blood test will be used to test for what stuff? I only remember hiv, iron.
Hello,

Congrats, oscar will not tell you iron level or or not one. But there should be a ratio. This you can ask your gynac the next time you see him/her. Of cos if you must know, i think you can try calling back the nurse to haress the nurse. hee hee

@jellyga Heh I always get two types of yakult, the ace light and normal one. Cause the other one has less sugar so I'll alternate.

It's to help aid digestion not really drink will dash toilet. Last time when I got a lot of churning then I took probiotics pills before so I Guess yakult is something like help to balance. I only worry too much sugar :p

Ya, get the less sugar is better for us.. :)

Congratulations!!! That's fast.. I still waiting and pray everything go well... u can ask the nurse for a ratio..

My gynae didn't mention iron but already prescribe me fish oil and iron tablets for me to consume. He also told me to stop my folic acid.

Congrats, zzeesays! Great news that the result is normal which is good.

The other is the antenatal blood tests. I think it includes iron levels(full blood count), hiv, hep b, rubella, thalassaemia and syphilis.

When i went to see doc for the oscar scan result, they didnt mention anything abt the blood tests results too. So i asked, the other day i took the antenatal blood tests too right...what are the results? She just answer everything ok. That's all. Lol.

Congratulations!!! That's fast.. I still waiting and pray everything go well... u can ask the nurse for a ratio..

My gynae didn't mention iron but already prescribe me fish oil and iron tablets for me to consume. He also told me to stop my folic acid.

Hmmm i think diff gynae practises really differently. My gynae didn't prescribe me with fish oil and iron, only calcium and obimin. I had anaemia in my first blood test, iron level lower than normal. Then second blood test done with the oscar test shows an increase in iron(but still not high)....he says no need iron supp. Then i ask is it good to take fish oil, he says no use de. Think dr han is not an advocate for supps...to him is the lesser supps the better.

Lucily the tcm im taking has an ingredient that helps 'pu xue'...so even if dr didnt prescribe iron supp should be still ok.

@aaa111 @caldaf @jellyga
Ahh thanks! Oh ya it's the antenatal blood test I wanted to ask but cannot think of it when the nurse called me.

I wanted to know especially my iron level cause earlier on I was having dizzy spells and usually my BP and iron level belongs to the lower side. Plus now baby is like so against pork and beef smell. So wanna know I'm still at the normal stage haha!

And yes, I'm gonna harass the nurse by calling them again when they are done with lunch hehehe

@aaa111 @caldaf @jellyga
Ahh thanks! Oh ya it's the antenatal blood test I wanted to ask but cannot think of it when the nurse called me.

I wanted to know especially my iron level cause earlier on I was having dizzy spells and usually my BP and iron level belongs to the lower side. Plus now baby is like so against pork and beef smell. So wanna know I'm still at the normal stage haha!

And yes, I'm gonna harass the nurse by calling them again when they are done with lunch hehehe
Actually at ur next gynae appt, ur doc will prescribe iron supps if he feels it is necessary, which most docs give regardless of iron levels. He will also tell u ur iron levels...and what is the normal range. Iron pills cause constipation, so must drink lots of water while on it.

Meanwhile, u can make red date water to drink. Eat liver (if u dont mind the taste), meat and broccoli. Go google on high-iron foods.

Hehe thanks! I'm sure yours will be fine too! I haven't get to see my gynae. Don't know if he will prescribe anything for me, but he did mention wait till he sees my report then take the necessary, don't have to take too early or if don't need. But I guess hard to skip the two gross pills, iron and fish oil haha

Actually at ur next gynae appt, ur doc will prescribe iron supps if he feels it is necessary, which most docs give regardless of iron levels. He will also tell u ur iron levels...and what is the normal range. Iron pills cause constipation, so must drink lots of water while on it.

Meanwhile, u can make red date water to drink. Eat liver (if u dont mind the taste), meat and broccoli. Go google on high-iron foods.

Oops I guess very hard to skip iron pills too. Ahhh no liver I can't stand. Meat I'll try if baby allows me to. I used to take beef/pork/chicken/fish but now baby don't like especially beefy and pork. Trying again when nausea is improving now.

Maybe I can still eat after I go second trimester :)

Hmmm i think diff gynae practises really differently. My gynae didn't prescribe me with fish oil and iron, only calcium and obimin. I had anaemia in my first blood test, iron level lower than normal. Then second blood test done with the oscar test shows an increase in iron(but still not high)....he says no need iron supp. Then i ask is it good to take fish oil, he says no use de. Think dr han is not an advocate for supps...to him is the lesser supps the better.

Lucily the tcm im taking has an ingredient that helps 'pu xue'...so even if dr didnt prescribe iron supp should be still ok.

Oic.. my gynae just prescribe me so I take and see how. I also didn't mention to him to see tcm but he ask me for what. .lol cos I don't have any nausea feeling or change in appetite so he think I no need see tcm. Hehe

Hehe thanks! I'm sure yours will be fine too! I haven't get to see my gynae. Don't know if he will prescribe anything for me, but he did mention wait till he sees my report then take the necessary, don't have to take too early or if don't need. But I guess hard to skip the two gross pills, iron and fish oil haha

Thanks!! U can wait and see ur gynae prescribe u what vitamins..

Back