2016/08 August babies

What do you mean by "hopefully intestines will be in body" ? Do u mean gastrochisis ? Don't worry, usually will resolve at week 12 scan . My #1 had that but resolved itself without issues..

Yes. After the scan last Tuesday, my baby was spotted with his intestines outside.. Hence the sonagrapher decided to postpone the scan. That time my baby was only 11w3d. Tomorrow baby will be 12w6d. I read up alot on gastroschisis in the internet and the more I read, the more worried I am. I really hope that everything will be fine like ur #1. Cause this is my first pregnancy and I hope that baby will be healthy.

@angelicheaven Maybe baby is too small when they do the scan. Yes tmrw scan will be good. Will be praying for you to have a good results tmrw! Start talking to your baby today, good posture and healthy baby. Keep us updated :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying to be positive abt it and I do have a good feeling. Will update when the scan is completed tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers!

Thanks for your advice!

I had being trying to take 2 servings of fruits for breakfast daily (mon-fri). Usually apple and dragonfruit.
My appetite changed slightly, totally cant live wo fried junk food (fried chicken wings, nuggets etc) and pasta. Stew and soyed food makes me nausea. Lol.

We are having the same food preference. Hahaha very unhealthy baby we have. And have been having so much of Japanese curry with salmon or ebi fry. Must go for strong flavored food :|

We are having the same food preference. Hahaha very unhealthy baby we have. And have been having so much of Japanese curry with salmon or ebi fry. Must go for strong flavored food :|

Yes! Omg i tot i was the only one! I had arranged for my Oscar test in Feb, hope my results will be good like yours! :)

Yes! Omg i tot i was the only one! I had arranged for my Oscar test in Feb, hope my results will be good like yours! :)

Yes! Think positive thoughts and will have good results. I was nervous too but like one of the mommies said before, most people have good results just that they didn't post. I shared mine so we can generate more happy thoughts for each other!

What else do you eat? I also don't know how to stop these unhealthy food intake, I like mac and cheese too haha

Yes! Think positive thoughts and will have good results. I was nervous too but like one of the mommies said before, most people have good results just that they didn't post. I shared mine so we can generate more happy thoughts for each other!

What else do you eat? I also don't know how to stop these unhealthy food intake, I like mac and cheese too haha

Tibits like calbee, old chang kee curry puff, laksa,pizzas, fries...super junk food basically lol.I feel guilty cuz its like not very nutritious?but nvm i jus eat whatever that feel goods first n tk daily fruits.
Oh yes, i also started to drink formulated milk, enfamama.

@angelicheaven: jiayou!! I hope n believe everythg will turn out smooth n gd!!!

tts what my doc told me too, he said usually #1 will be earlier than edd :)

wa if mine really earlier, maybe might hit same bday as my MIL

Usually first kiddo will baby pop before edd?

Hello,

Most bb do not pop on EDD.

Typically, if you decide to opt for C section, Gynac usually will suggest you to pick a date 1 week before your EDD because they want to avoid a panicky emergency C section situation. BB at 37week onwards are usually consider full term baby and are ready to leave mummy tummy liao, although i personally prefer he/she stay inside longer a bit because in the tummy, it is the most conducive enviorment for them to develop.

Hello,

Most bb do not pop on EDD.

Typically, if you decide to opt for C section, Gynac usually will suggest you to pick a date 1 week before your EDD because they want to avoid a panicky emergency C section situation. BB at 37week onwards are usually consider full term baby and are ready to leave mummy tummy liao, although i personally prefer he/she stay inside longer a bit because in the tummy, it is the most conducive enviorment for them to develop.
I think best is between 39 - 40 weeks. But anything longer has risks like meconium or umbilical cord hanging round the neck.

Ok mah, most importantly is the kid must be healthy to begin with. Anyway, no difference of 1-2 weeks. Best weight is between 3 - 3.5kg.

Agree totally. bb healthy is most important. But to me, 1-2 weeks more in mummy tummy make a huge difference to the bb development. Of cos this is my personal opinion ya, i am not a doctor/medical professional ya. My thinking is develop more complete in the tummy, come out will be stronger and less problem. The world is such a harsh place as compare to the comfy mummy tummy :)

Hi all mummies-to-be,

Just to check, any one with Dr Adrian Woodworth?

Sharing my experience which I had with Dr Adrian.. He's a very straight forward person with less words. the lesser the better = baby all healthy and growing up fine. His package is very reasonable at $688 for the monthly scans and daily vitamins + folic acids. But the down side, the queue is terribly long as usual, i waited for 1.5 hours during my last visit despite arriving on time.

Am going to be 12 weeks in 3 days time, very excited to know the gender thou ;)

Anyway, i just went for my Oscar scan earlier this week, and seeing Dr Adrian next Tue for both the oscar and blood test result. Hope everything's fine.

Btw, I had given my e-mail address to add into the FB page, however, I still had not receive any invite despite informing the 2nd time. Any one can assist?

Thanks,
ag2101

@aaa111 by august can get to see baby, can't wait! Think by June I will be very excited haha

Hello,

Yup, i know how you feel especially i believe is your 1st bb ya.

toward the end of your 3rd trimester, if your bb is the bigger size de, i think you will hope and tell your bb can you please faster come out, mummy is super tired liao and will start charging you rental fee liao. :p

@aaa111 Yes first baby so very excited! Like everything also first time so many new stuff to look forward to.

But many things to buy too.. Tiring and broke soon hahahaha

Any one experience cramps at upper n lower abdomen around week 9? I normally dont have cramps but jus total. Not painful but like pulling sensation inside..

I think best is between 39 - 40 weeks. But anything longer has risks like meconium or umbilical cord hanging round the neck.

typically c-sec is normally abt 38 weeks.
i had a fren who was supposed to go natural.. at her 39 wk check up baby was still fine inside.. the following week she went to check, there was no heartbeat cos baby was strangled by the umbilical cord. :( a very heartbreaking thing. that's why its impt to monitor baby movement everyday when we can feel it (especially nearer to EDD date, cos by then u will realise baby has a certain movement.. when u do certain things or at certain times of the day, it's more active)... once u feel something is wrong, better rush to see gynea.

Sorry jus check .. Cos I seldom read all the post .. Jus wan to check does any body drink any liquid keep on puke ? Cos my friend having such prob ? Jus wonder anything to help ?

@angelicheaven You know baby gender already? Haha I only promised baby that I'll drink a small cup of orange juice after Oscar test :p

Not yet... but my mindset similar to urs... i see anything nice just buy. If its a boy, no choice cos I already bought PINK rompers!!!! Haha..
I never knew that spending money on baby stuff so shiok before! But I still have hand-me-down pram, car sit, bed and baby clothes, hence will try to spend WISELY... keke..

Not yet... but my mindset similar to urs... i see anything nice just buy. If its a boy, no choice cos I already bought PINK rompers!!!! Haha..
I never knew that spending money on baby stuff so shiok before! But I still have hand-me-down pram, car sit, bed and baby clothes, hence will try to spend WISELY... keke..

Lol I say that to scare my husband only. I haven't buy much except for a diaper bag. The rest on hold, no hand-me-down at my side cause not many babies from my relative side yet. All big or haven't pop yet. So all gonna buy and be broke haha

typically c-sec is normally abt 38 weeks.
i had a fren who was supposed to go natural.. at her 39 wk check up baby was still fine inside.. the following week she went to check, there was no heartbeat cos baby was strangled by the umbilical cord. :( a very heartbreaking thing. that's why its impt to monitor baby movement everyday when we can feel it (especially nearer to EDD date, cos by then u will realise baby has a certain movement.. when u do certain things or at certain times of the day, it's more active)... once u feel something is wrong, better rush to see gynea.

This is such heart breaking ans terrible news, hope that they will soon get a new bb if they are still keen to have one.

Sorry jus check .. Cos I seldom read all the post .. Jus wan to check does any body drink any liquid keep on puke ? Cos my friend having such prob ? Jus wonder anything to help ?
Maybe don't down the liquid at one shot. Take small sips

Hi everyone! Congratulations too! :) I'm new to this forum, this is my 1st pregnancy & am currently 11weeks, EDD: 13 Aug.
Is anyone going for Harmony or Panorama test these few weeks? And if u know, can we claim Medisave?
Oh, also saw that there's FB for this group here. Please kindly add me: [email protected]
Thank you!

Thanks I will ask my friend try ..
Ya, I can't drink as well... Feel nauseous every time. So I end up taking sips of yogurt drink, yogurt ice cream, fruit juice, honey water .. Whatever I can drink but I feel thirsty all the time.. Now that I can't drink all my usual ice-tea.

Hi everyone! Congratulations too! :) I'm new to this forum, this is my 1st pregnancy & am currently 11weeks, EDD: 13 Aug.
Is anyone going for Harmony or Panorama test these few weeks? And if u know, can we claim Medisave?
Oh, also saw that there's FB for this group here. Please kindly add me: [email protected]
Thank you!

Hi, you cant claim medisave for paranoma/harmony tests. U can submit the recepit together w all your antenatal bills to the nurse when u doing your delivery admission, they will help u claim antenatal expenses, but the cap is only 450. So without the paranoma test bill, alr much exceeded liao.

Ya, I can't drink as well... Feel nauseous every time. So I end up taking sips of yogurt drink, yogurt ice cream, fruit juice, honey water .. Whatever I can drink but I feel thirsty all the time.. Now that I can't drink all my usual ice-tea.
For my case I prefer onli drink plain water . Onli my friend case she says drink any liquid also puke . Soup also puke ..
Poor her

Hi, you cant claim medisave for paranoma/harmony tests. U can submit the recepit together w all your antenatal bills to the nurse when u doing your delivery admission, they will help u claim antenatal expenses, but the cap is only 450. So without the paranoma test bill, alr much exceeded liao.
Ah.. I see. Then, I don't need to bother with all the paperwork then.
Thank you much, Caldaf!! Btw when is your edd?

Back