2016/08 August babies

Anyone here experiencing hair loss? My hair is dropping like nobody's business...so worried lor. N after birth will drop even more...haiz. my tcm says is becos our body does not need hair and nails(not useful to our body, so our body can do without)...and due to a lack.of nutrients...now nutrients mostly go to bb...so my hair is dropping (alot). It is made worse that even before preg, my hair is not strong and slight hair loss liao.

Hello,

I think there is a brand of haircare product call "Phyto" it has lots of product which is suppose to help you combat this hair loss problem. Jia You. But not cheap, a small bottle of shampoo i think is over $20 ++

Hello,

I think there is a brand of haircare product call "Phyto" it has lots of product which is suppose to help you combat this hair loss problem. Jia You. But not cheap, a small bottle of shampoo i think is over $20 ++

Thank you. I have tried a few brands that supposed to combat hair loss but not helping...have yet to try phyto...shall go n get it.

The blood test i only drew blood lol...they only said the results will be combined w the scan using the software. But i dont know what exactly did they check for. At the same time, i needed to draw blood for my antenatal blood tests (full blood count, hiv and protein level), so i drew total 3 tubes of blood including that for the oscar test.

As for the scan, it is quite interesting. They will scan for bb's nasal bone, the thickness behind the neck, and to check if all is normal(all body parts are there). The duration of the scan depends on how cooperative your bb is...mine took a little longer cos bb's fist kept covering the face. So the sonographer took quite long to manage to see the nasal bone...kept asking bb to move bb, move bb...and she will try to massage ur tummy a little to get ur bb to move if needed.

Then with the scan results(all the measurements) + blood test+ factors like age, smoker/non smoker and natural conception/ivf to computate the oscan test result.

I would say the main component to determine the result is the scan measurements.

After hearing, I'm equally nervous and excited! Nervous because of the blood test, 3 tubes sounds like a mega huge syringe gonna be used on me then. Sounds painful.. Wonder if I will have enough blood to draw at one shot anot.

Excited because can get to see baby through scan again! And not painful hahaha

After hearing, I'm equally nervous and excited! Nervous because of the blood test, 3 tubes sounds like a mega huge syringe gonna be used on me then. Sounds painful.. Wonder if I will have enough blood to draw at one shot anot.

Excited because can get to see baby through scan again! And not painful hahaha

Hello, Your body i think have 5-6L of blood. You say enough for them to draw mah. Ha Ha. Enjoy your scan :)

Hello, Your body i think have 5-6L of blood. You say enough for them to draw mah. Ha Ha. Enjoy your scan :)

Haha because since week 7 onwards, I've been feeling very weak and light headed to the extent of me having to lie down and rest at most time. Even standing for a short 5-10 mins is enough to make me feel so breathless.

So naturally I might have this little fear. Afterall being sick for so many week sucks. But I'll try not to dwell onto that. Scan and see baby seems better than thinking of the big syringe tmrw hahaha

Haha because since week 7 onwards, I've been feeling very weak and light headed to the extent of me having to lie down and rest at most time. Even standing for a short 5-10 mins is enough to make me feel so breathless.

So naturally I might have this little fear. Afterall being sick for so many week sucks. But I'll try not to dwell onto that. Scan and see baby seems better than thinking of the big syringe tmrw hahaha

Hello Mummy, i was just teasing you ya. hee hee.

I am also very scare of needle, so i usually will look away when the nurse poke me with a needle. Oh ya, there is a trick that i use, i am not sure whether it will work on you or not, before the nurse poke me, i will alsway tell her to tell me when she is going to poke me, i will take a long deep breath while she poke in the needle, it seems to make me feel less painful. You have many more chance to try ya. Hope it work for you too.

True that our body definitely has enough blood...but i have heard of cases that ppl have to go back again the next day to draw blood(vein collapsed or something).

Anyway zzeesays, you will do fine! Have some liver tonight lol. Enjoy your scan! It is like the best part in whole pregnancy...im always looking forward to scans.

True that our body definitely has enough blood...but i have heard of cases that ppl have to go back again the next day to draw blood(vein collapsed or something).

Anyway zzeesays, you will do fine! Have some liver tonight lol. Enjoy your scan! It is like the best part in whole pregnancy...im always looking forward to scans.

Hello, no scare vein collapsed de, beco there are many many alternative & suitable site to draw blood :p hee hee

I did my oscar scan at kkh on last fri, and got back results within 30 mins. Read alot abt false positives, and how mummies who are 35 n older tend to get unfavourable results. Initially i wanted to do paranoma test directly, skipping oscar test. But the nurse at kkh keep tell me the oscar test(they call it first trimester screening) is good as it includes a scan which is important...so i went ahead to do the oscar test, if the result is not gd then do paranoma. Luckily, the result is good. Although they take age into calculation (im 37), my ratio was 1:3800 (300 is the cut off). So im glad i took the Oscar test instead. I think the kkh nurse is right. Many mummies have favourable results as well, just that they may not post. N most people go online n rant when their results are not good and having to take paranoma/harmony. So we get abit of misinformation that oscar tends to have alot false positives.
That's really fast. I remembered I waited days for my result when I did oscar in kkh some years back.

Hello Mummy, i was just teasing you ya. hee hee.

I am also very scare of needle, so i usually will look away when the nurse poke me with a needle. Oh ya, there is a trick that i use, i am not sure whether it will work on you or not, before the nurse poke me, i will alsway tell her to tell me when she is going to poke me, i will take a long deep breath while she poke in the needle, it seems to make me feel less painful. You have many more chance to try ya. Hope it work for you too.

Haha I know but yeah I'm very scared of needles especially blood test :/ yes I will try to take a deep breathe too cause I feel the same!

Aiyo many more chances ohmygosh lol

@caldaf @aaa111 Yes I've heard of that too! Then poke other places means another poke lol! Aiyo okay needles is nothing! I'll think of the scan and hopefully baby waving at me hahahaha

Shall try my luck to see can see anything regarding gender too!! Maybe a trade off for poking needles, psycho baby tmrw please wake up earlier and open legs lol

Hi @aaa111, if u see the ivf mummies thread...the last page...the_spinsterella did experience that. But of course, it is super low chance it will happen that they cant draw enough blood on the same day.

@zzeesays, do update us tmr on the scan and result!

Hi @aaa111, if u see the ivf mummies thread...the last page...the_spinsterella did experience that. But of course, it is super low chance it will happen that they cant draw enough blood on the same day.

@zzeesays, do update us tmr on the scan and result!

Yes I hope I get to know the results on the same day! Scan is immediate can know one right?

Hi all, my etd is 1 Sep but decided to join in this chat as I was told most first born will be earlier? :)
I dont have much MS now except for the occasional vomit urge but so far its all air.

Anyway, i am at my week 9, did a scan last week w heartbeat and a not very clear image.
I am with Dr John Yam, anybody is w him?

Am considering between oscar and harmony test now.

The video idea is good! Shall do it next time for my scan.

Hmmm..i did the blood test prior to that so im unsure abt this. Cos must use blood test result + scan measurements to computate the result.

Okay tmrw I'll know then update you ladies! It seemed so long since I see my gynae again..

But don't see frequently, to me, is a good thing. Means things are fine thus far haha

Hii
Just wondering if anyone is experiencing morning sickness? Mine is rather severe even at week 10..bloated, nauseous and pukish..

Wow this thread moves v fast.

My ms is getting worse by the week. Im vomitting literally vomitting liquid n food abt 6 x a day. I went for drip once and will be going for another one soon. I thought it will get better but it doesnt seem so for me. All the doc n nurses r v happy for me but i feel very miserable cos its really v uncomfy n tiring. Im afraid i will get pre natal depression

Yes! So many of us have MS. Very common and bad appetite. Some merlion so frequent too and some are perfectly fine. Hope you all will get better soon!

Maybe when reaches week 12 will be better! Jiayou to those new on thread :)

Yes! So many of us have MS. Very common and bad appetite. Some merlion so frequent too and some are perfectly fine. Hope you all will get better soon!

Maybe when reaches week 12 will be better! Jiayou to those new on thread :)
Thanks I just feel so sick everyday and taking the bus to work every morn aggravates my condition. And with office air con so cold it makes my brain freeze...

I look so "cui" now not radiant and glowing at all. Omg

Not complaining abt being pregnant. Tried very long and hard for this one but just didn't expect this package that comes with it.. And poor hub gota do everything around the house for me. Feel so bad for him.

Thanks I just feel so sick everyday and taking the bus to work every morn aggravates my condition. And with office air con so cold it makes my brain freeze...

I look so "cui" now not radiant and glowing at all. Omg

Not complaining abt being pregnant. Tried very long and hard for this one but just didn't expect this package that comes with it.. And poor hub gota do everything around the house for me. Feel so bad for him.

How many weeks are you currently?

How many weeks are you currently?
11.. But turned for the worst last weekend... Did drips. Did sea band.. Did anti nausea pills.. Small meals.. Soupy stuff... Milo Ribena all came out. Including all my supplements. Im really not sure what I can stomach.

11.. But turned for the worst last weekend... Did drips. Did sea band.. Did anti nausea pills.. Small meals.. Soupy stuff... Milo Ribena all came out. Including all my supplements. Im really not sure what I can stomach.

I ate more junk food. I can't stomach Chinese food or soupy stuff. Try anything that makes you feel better.

Oh dear i went for a drip too.was horrid.. disrupting my whole life. Kinda depressed too. Im at my 11th week too. Vomitting comes back every now n then..hoping all these will end fast

Take care ladies for those with bad MS. Soon it be over... endure. Jia you!!

I be going to see my gynae tomorrow after a long time. Hope everything is fine..

Oh dear i went for a drip too.was horrid.. disrupting my whole life. Kinda depressed too. Im at my 11th week too. Vomitting comes back every now n then..hoping all these will end fast
Yah its affecting my lifestyle. Im trying very hard to be positive n cheerful as i read ur mood affects ur bb

Im going for oscar this sat.. the end of my week 11. Gd luck to the gals too!

We are scheduled next week. Harmony at O&G clinic. Anyone knows the charge? Heard is close to 1k.
Can claim medisave?

Anyone here experiencing hair loss? My hair is dropping like nobody's business...so worried lor. N after birth will drop even more...haiz. my tcm says is becos our body does not need hair and nails(not useful to our body, so our body can do without)...and due to a lack.of nutrients...now nutrients mostly go to bb...so my hair is dropping (alot). It is made worse that even before preg, my hair is not strong and slight hair loss liao.

I am kinda worry as you are now. even before pregnant , hair already is dropping daily and I heard you will drop more don't know during pregnant or after giving birth. Abit stress on this but I try not to think too much. Phyto or klorane brand shampoo not bad but can be abit drying.. use with conditioner if can.

this morning my bus went over dk what felt like a high hump without slowing and we felt a impactful jerk and I felt my tummy was jerked quite badly too due to that. after that I felt abit of pulling sensation in my abdomen and began to worry for awhile. now in office I went to loo and found brown spotting, like 2 50-cents amount. called clinic and they told me they super bz today, asked all sorts qns just to ensure that I am worth squeezing in for, and say they will just call me back later to let me know if I can be squeezed in for a check :(

im 9 weeks and hoping badly tt its gg to be ok

this morning my bus went over dk what felt like a high hump without slowing and we felt a impactful jerk and I felt my tummy was jerked quite badly too due to that. after that I felt abit of pulling sensation in my abdomen and began to worry for awhile. now in office I went to loo and found brown spotting, like 2 50-cents amount. called clinic and they told me they super bz today, asked all sorts qns just to ensure that I am worth squeezing in for, and say they will just call me back later to let me know if I can be squeezed in for a check :(

don't worry. it's common to have spotting in the first trimester. meanwhile while waiting for the clinic to call you back, try not to walk too much and don't have any big movement. i was already bleeding initially.. so try to rest more. doc will probably put you on some "an-tai" medicine.. take care! *hugs*

Monitor awhile and if spotting continues or bleeding, go back to clinic asap. Any kind of spotting or bleeding better see your gynae in case you need any jab or medicine.

For now don't worry and try to walk lesser, if possible, lie down and rest :)

I'm back from my Oscar scar and blood test. @aaa111 @caldaf I survived the blood test without flinching and managed to draw the big syringe at one/first attempt hahaha! The nurse very good apparently :D

Baby is cooperative so my scanning took around 20-30 mins only. The Sonographer managed to take nasal bone and neck measurement after baby lie properly. Managed to see little hand waving and legs/feet too! So amazing to have a little human living in me xD

I'm waiting for my blood test results to conclude the whole Oscar test.. Tmrw or by Thursday. Hopefully my blood test is good. *keeping fingers crossed*

I'm back from my Oscar scar and blood test. @aaa111 @caldaf I survived the blood test without flinching and managed to draw the big syringe at one/first attempt hahaha! The nurse very good apparently :D

Baby is cooperative so my scanning took around 20-30 mins only. The Sonographer managed to take nasal bone and neck measurement after baby lie properly. Managed to see little hand waving and legs/feet too! So amazing to have a little human living in me xD

I'm waiting for my blood test results to conclude the whole Oscar test.. Tmrw or by Thursday. Hopefully my blood test is good. *keeping fingers crossed*

That is good news... I just reach the hospital for the test.. hope everything is fine for me.. then afternoon will send my gynae..

That is good news... I just reach the hospital for the test.. hope everything is fine for me.. then afternoon will send my gynae..

Hehe yes you'll be good too! Faster talk to baby and ask him/her to lie in a posture nicely, don't cover face and neck. It works! I talked to baby yesterday and he/she is awake and moving around for us to scan :)

Hehe yes you'll be good too! Faster talk to baby and ask him/her to lie in a posture nicely, don't cover face and neck. It works! I talked to baby yesterday and he/she is awake and moving around for us to scan :)

Done for my test. Was so happy and tearing abit when saw the Baby, I didn't talk to bb but bb was in upside down position however bb keep moving ard and able to scan. He/she was in a high up position..

Done for my test. Was so happy and tearing abit when saw the Baby, I didn't talk to bb but bb was in upside down position however bb keep moving ard and able to scan. He/she was in a high up position..

Yay! Everything should be good for you yeah? I'm still waiting for my blood test result to conclude..

I hope everything will be good for me.. also waiting for blood test results to conclude

I didn't know we can see so many things of baby from today's scan. Managed to see the following:
- head (left and right brain)
- nose
- body (stomach inside)
- hands (left and right arm plus palms)
- legs (left and right plus feet)
- umbilical cord
- blood flow

Lol did I miss out any? Tried my luck and ask for gender but Sonographer said don't know yet haha

I didn't know we can see so many things of baby from today's scan. Managed to see the following:
- nose
- body (stomach inside)
- umbilical cord
- blood flow

Lol did I miss out any? Tried my luck and ask for gender but Sonographer said don't know yet haha

Hello,

Congrats on the successfully drawing of blood and scan. Your bb very guai. Good good, Result will be equally good ya. No worries. You want to know the gender so that can start shopping plus choose name rite? hee hee.

- nose
- body (stomach inside)
- umbilical cord
- blood flow

Ya but I didn't see the umbilical cord but I saw the placenta. hehe. I Also try To ask also no luck. Hehe.. manage to know the heart beat also in healthy range.

@aaa111 Heh thank you! Ya baby kept showing us his/her face then sonographer say baby please turn, we need to see side profile then baby turned!

Yes! More of shopping! So many cute stuff can buy especially first kiddo in the house. Name very hard to think, shall continue to call baby till I decide lol!

@jellyga Oh ya heartbeat I've asked about mine too. Like about the same as what my gynae scanned the other time in Dec. 160ish.

Back