2016/08 August babies

I tried to add u again see if you received?

i still did not managed to receive the invite, checked all my settings doesnt seem to be blocking any group invites :confused:

just checked on fb help section and i saw "normally in a secret group someone invites but admin of the group approves.", not sure if it works for us?

Hi im new to this group.. currently preggy at 11weeks... due in mid aug

Does anyone here suffer from severe ms n vomitting??

Hello! Yes if you joined earlier, you'll see so many of us thrashing about how bad we feel and merlion. You're at week 11, I supposed you're slowly feeling better?

Hi!

I'm new here, this is my 2nd pregnancy (1st time was a loss) so I'm excited but yet worried at the same time! Had a scare at 5 weeks when I bled fresh red blood. Could see a sac after scan then but gynae said to return for another scan 2 weeks later. So I went back for a scan a few days ago, saw and heard my baby's heartbeat and am so relieved! My edd is 29 Aug ☺️

Pls add me to the FB page, my email is [email protected]

Thanks!
invited please check email if not pm me to add me as friend

i still did not managed to receive the invite, checked all my settings doesnt seem to be blocking any group invites :confused:

just checked on fb help section and i saw "normally in a secret group someone invites but admin of the group approves.", not sure if it works for us?
no need admin approves, anyone can add.
pm me to add u as fb friend then i invite u

I did my oscar scan at kkh on last fri, and got back results within 30 mins. Read alot abt false positives, and how mummies who are 35 n older tend to get unfavourable results. Initially i wanted to do paranoma test directly, skipping oscar test. But the nurse at kkh keep tell me the oscar test(they call it first trimester screening) is good as it includes a scan which is important...so i went ahead to do the oscar test, if the result is not gd then do paranoma. Luckily, the result is good. Although they take age into calculation (im 37), my ratio was 1:3800 (300 is the cut off). So im glad i took the Oscar test instead. I think the kkh nurse is right. Many mummies have favourable results as well, just that they may not post. N most people go online n rant when their results are not good and having to take paranoma/harmony. So we get abit of misinformation that oscar tends to have alot false positives.

I did my oscar scan at kkh on last fri, and got back results within 30 mins. Read alot abt false positives, and how mummies who are 35 n older tend to get unfavourable results. Initially i wanted to do paranoma test directly, skipping oscar test. But the nurse at kkh keep tell me the oscar test(they call it first trimester screening) is good as it includes a scan which is important...so i went ahead to do the oscar test, if the result is not gd then do paranoma. Luckily, the result is good. Although they take age into calculation (im 37), my ratio was 1:3800 (300 is the cut off). So im glad i took the Oscar test instead. I think the kkh nurse is right. Many mummies have favourable results as well, just that they may not post. N most people go online n rant when their results are not good and having to take paranoma/harmony. So we get abit of misinformation that oscar tends to have alot false positives.

Thank you for sharing this good news! I will be taking mine tomorrow! So scared of drawing blood again lol! But definitely hope for a good result like yours too!!

Why you are able to get back your results in 30 mins? I thought we have to wait for days?

Thank you for sharing this good news! I will be taking mine tomorrow! So scared of drawing blood again lol! But definitely hope for a good result like yours too!!
Tmr yours is draw blood? Then scan on another day? I drew blood on the 8th jan, and scan on 22nd.

I think tmrw all in! Cause gynae told me tmrw will have scanning so he does not need to scan for me again.
Great! Hopefully results will be out tmr as well. Wish u good luck! U must relax then the scan may b easier. The sonographer said i was tensed(i think more cold than tensed)...keep ask me to relax...but i didnt know what she wanted me to do as i was already v relaxed.

Great! Hopefully results will be out tmr as well. Wish u good luck! U must relax then the scan may b easier. The sonographer said i was tensed(i think more cold than tensed)...keep ask me to relax...but i didnt know what she wanted me to do as i was already v relaxed.

Thank you so much! I hope to have good results too hehe

Can share what did you do for the blood test and scan or whatever they did?

Thank you so much! I hope to have good results too hehe

Can share what did you do for the blood test and scan or whatever they did?

The blood test i only drew blood lol...they only said the results will be combined w the scan using the software. But i dont know what exactly did they check for. At the same time, i needed to draw blood for my antenatal blood tests (full blood count, hiv and protein level), so i drew total 3 tubes of blood including that for the oscar test.

As for the scan, it is quite interesting. They will scan for bb's nasal bone, the thickness behind the neck, and to check if all is normal(all body parts are there). The duration of the scan depends on how cooperative your bb is...mine took a little longer cos bb's fist kept covering the face. So the sonographer took quite long to manage to see the nasal bone...kept asking bb to move bb, move bb...and she will try to massage ur tummy a little to get ur bb to move if needed.

Then with the scan results(all the measurements) + blood test+ factors like age, smoker/non smoker and natural conception/ivf to computate the oscan test result.

I would say the main component to determine the result is the scan measurements.

Hello,

Congrats mummy on the good result. Now you can rest easier.

Oscar accuracy is reported as 90% honestly speaking this is a pretty high accuracy rate. I mean if you get 90 mark out of 100 mark in a exam, i am sure your mummy will reward you with a lollipop ya.

Paranoma test cost more than 2 time more, therefore accuracy jolly well be better, it is commonly reported as 99% accuracy.

Yup, forum member represent a very very tiny fraction of Singapore mummy opinion only. It is definitely not statistically representative in anyway. Cheers

Anyone here experiencing hair loss? My hair is dropping like nobody's business...so worried lor. N after birth will drop even more...haiz. my tcm says is becos our body does not need hair and nails(not useful to our body, so our body can do without)...and due to a lack.of nutrients...now nutrients mostly go to bb...so my hair is dropping (alot). It is made worse that even before preg, my hair is not strong and slight hair loss liao.

Back