2016/08 August babies

For me , I did my first scan at 6wks, my 2nd appointment will be this sat at 9wks.
for me , I do not have MS , only sometimes craving for foods & bloated tummy , frequent urine..

I did my first scan during that bleeding episode at 5weeks can't find heartbeat only see the sac. Then 2nd scan at 6th week found heartbeat and now 3rd scan will be next week at 12th week. I also totally no MS only occasionally headache, had serious blocked nose for Ard 1week plus and feel bloated and that's all.

Anyway the clinic just call me to change my appt so talk to the nurse and I feel relief after tat.. so I just wait till then.:)

Hi all, this is my first pregnancy. I'm just curious if the ultrascan pic that the doc gives is it usually clear? I'm 11 weeks plus now, had my 3rd gynae apt this Tuesday and he did a scan for me. But the pic he gave us looks so blur, feeling a little disappointed.

Hi all, this is my first pregnancy. I'm just curious if the ultrascan pic that the doc gives is it usually clear? I'm 11 weeks plus now, had my 3rd gynae apt this Tuesday and he did a scan for me. But the pic he gave us looks so blur, feeling a little disappointed.
So far I have done u/s at week 6 and 8. Both times the doc got hubby to use his phone to video the u/s screen. Doc also gave us print outs. Then we realised the print out quite blur but the video playback was great and we could take snap shots from the video on the phone. Maybe next time ask doc to let hubby take video?

So far I have done u/s at week 6 and 8. Both times the doc got hubby to use his phone to video the u/s screen. Doc also gave us print outs. Then we realised the print out quite blur but the video playback was great and we could take snap shots from the video on the phone. Maybe next time ask doc to let hubby take video?

Oh, we didn't know that we can do that. Perhaps we ask the next round. :)

Perhaps they zoomed too much. Afterall in our stomach the baby only like a sesame size to now maybe a lime. Still small hahaha

The video quality and the scan printed out are so far apart! Like My hb n gynae say wah u saw the fingers? I was like what where? I cant see! But if u see from the machine screen is very clear, can even count the fingers =)

Perhaps they zoomed too much. Afterall in our stomach the baby only like a sesame size to now maybe a lime. Still small hahaha

Yah, initially when he didn't zoom in so much, we could still see the hands and legs movement. But he was trying to zoom in closer to see how big the baby was. then from there he printed the ultrasound pic for us. Didn't like it, too blur, cant even see anything. Hahas!

Yah, initially when he didn't zoom in so much, we could still see the hands and legs movement. But he was trying to zoom in closer to see how big the baby was. then from there he printed the ultrasound pic for us. Didn't like it, too blur, cant even see anything. Hahas!

Lol then you should ask why so blur doctor? Maybe he will print a few more for you of different degree! I always see my gynae print 3-4 different copies for his records..

The video quality and the scan printed out are so far apart! Like My hb n gynae say wah u saw the fingers? I was like what where? I cant see! But if u see from the machine screen is very clear, can even count the fingers =)

wonder from how many weeks onwards can we start seeing the hands & legs.. must be superb cute! omg cant imagine

mine at 10weeks plus.. the hands n feet (can see fingers + toes) are floating ard.. my gynae also mention can see the eye socket.. but i cant see a thing lol but my hb saw la so ok lor..

I can;t wait for first trimester to be over!!!!! =(

My ms is quite bad @ wk 9. I cannot stomach anything except ice milo or ice orange juice or fish burger ( bad foods i know).

I can;t wait for first trimester to be over!!!!! =(

My ms is quite bad @ wk 9. I cannot stomach anything except ice milo or ice orange juice or fish burger ( bad foods i know).

You're like me. Many unhealthy food too! Yes I feel you, I can't wait too... I'm at week 11. Second trimester is after week 12 or after 14?

Hi mind to share any proven home remedy for ms? Ginger helps slightly but still has the nausea feeling.. Can't stand fish now..

Hi,
I had very bad ms and my fren had introduced this product to me.
I got my hubby to buy this from guardian and once I started wearing it, my ms seemed to have improved! I have been wearing this from 8 plus till now and I have no sign of nauseous like I normally do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-21-15-36-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-21-15-36-19.png
    738.4 KB · Views: 203
Hi,
I got my hubby to buy this from guardian and once I started wearing it, my ms seemed to have improved! I have been wearing this from 8 plus till now and I have no sign of nauseous like I normally do.
Thanks need to buy 2 for both wrists or just one will do. I read on their website they say need 2 one on each side

Thanks need to buy 2 for both wrists or just one will do. I read on their website they say need 2 one on each side

It comes in a pair... $14 plus for a pair.
No scent. The 2 white buttons are supposedly to be placed on the neiguang acupoints which are known to relieve nauseous.
Wore this to sleep. So far so good... u may want to try it also..

It comes in a pair... $14 plus for a pair.
No scent. The 2 white buttons are supposedly to be placed on the neiguang acupoints which are known to relieve nauseous.
Wore this to sleep. So far so good... u may want to try it also..

I'm using this too! Mine is the pinkish one especially for mama. Have been wearing it everyday since week 6. But still will have nausea waves but I supposed it should help me to feel better. Don't dare to stop wearing it except during shower times haha

You're like me. Many unhealthy food too! Yes I feel you, I can't wait too... I'm at week 11. Second trimester is after week 12 or after 14?

Should be wk 14. My previous preggy i lasted till wk 14 b 4 the feeling dies off. And by the time wk 14 comes...the cny is already coming to an end =(

Should be wk 14. My previous preggy i lasted till wk 14 b 4 the feeling dies off. And by the time wk 14 comes...the cny is already coming to an end =(

Oh no it means I missed out on Christmas, new year and now cny also! No steamboat for me then zz

Hi, Im new to this thread, currently about 10 wks preggy. Im just wondering if any of the mummies to be here are also having chinese "an tai" herbs concurrently while they are in their 1st trimester. In the past, I used to go to this well known Chinatown sinseh - Dr Tan Siew Buoy to "tiao" the body. Ever since I found out im preggy, I still go to her to "an tai" but my gynae - Dr Henry Cheng asked me not to. Hmmm... kinda caught in a dilemma, wondering if I should or should not contimue the chinese herbs to "an tai".

Hi,
Glad its working on you, babe! :) *wink wink*

Hi, Im new to this thread, currently about 10 wks preggy. Im just wondering if any of the mummies to be here are also having chinese "an tai" herbs concurrently while they are in their 1st trimester. In the past, I used to go to this well known Chinatown sinseh - Dr Tan Siew Buoy to "tiao" the body. Ever since I found out im preggy, I still go to her to "an tai" but my gynae - Dr Henry Cheng asked me not to. Hmmm... kinda caught in a dilemma, wondering if I should or should not contimue the chinese herbs to "an tai".

Think maybe the gynea has his own reasons for saying so. Maybe some of the med may conflict. Depends on your comfort level. But just feel that it is better to be careful esp this first trimester. Dun anyhow take medicine.

and its not good to mixed both western and Chinese medicine together .

If you are on duphaston, then no need to go for Chinese an tai yao cos duphaston itself is Ang moh Ang tai Yao

My TCM ask me to see her only in 2nd Trimester, maybe different TCM different procedure. :)

I think you have to decide based on your own comfort level. My TCM told me to take the herbs and western med at least 2 hours apart.

Hi,
Bought this today , found the bands very tight . Is it normal? Also I pressed on the point for few mins each side but no effect at all .. Sigh

Bought this today , found the bands very tight . Is it normal? Also I pressed on the point for few mins each side but no effect at all .. Sigh

Yes! It has to be tight so there will be pressure on the acupoint. Lol you have to wear it on for a period and for it to take effect. Not just a few mins and wouldn't be immediate. Need sometime, hopefully it will help to improve :)

Yes! It has to be tight so there will be pressure on the acupoint. Lol you have to wear it on for a period and for it to take effect. Not just a few mins and wouldn't be immediate. Need sometime, hopefully it will help to improve :)
Thanks will try to wear it for longer .

Did u try applying it on the right acupoint as per the instructions given? I wore this the whole day yesterday and it did improve my ms condition for me...

Thanks pals for the update. Guess I will drop the Chinese herbs since I'm already on Duphaston. Oh hey... Recently I was chatting with another preggy friend and was recommended with this cute "anti radiation" blanket. It's called belly armor. Heard it was recommended by Joanne Peh during a Chinese show and it helps to block away all the wifi radiation. I guess it's good for mummies who are constantly on computer / laptops. For those who are keen, can try getting one to block away all the electric waves.

image.jpeg

Hi clumsy whale, how is your experience with dr Henry Cheng so far?

Hi clumsy whale, how is your experience with dr Henry Cheng so far?
I personally like him. When I first visited him several years ago (he has another clinic in bishan) when I was TTC, he had an old batch of very dedicated,polite and friendly old nurses. However I learnt that over the past few years, these very friendly nurses retired. Ok nurses aside, back to Dr Henry... I find him very approachable. I remembered when I first visited him many years ago, he will crack jokes in front of me and his nurses to ease off any tension & asked me to relax. Just recently, when I revisited him again (when I learnt that I'm preggy), he was smiling n congratulating me so brightly when he learnt of my pregnancy. What amazed me was, he took time to scan my baby, and will really explain to me in details on what we are looking at on the screen (he goes gently, " now, see, these are the lovely cute legs, hands, nose blah blah). As compared to those days when I was at KKH, I saw a huge difference. At KKH, scanning was done by a sonographer who doesn't give me detailed information and I had to go to another dr to see me.

I like Dr Henry's 1 stop consultation n he really spend time n effort to go through the pregnancy matters. It's a pity that his older batch of nurses are retired, if not u will get another round of special care/concern/ attention from his very gentle nurses. Hahahaa ... Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I personally like him. When I first visited him several years ago (he has another clinic in bishan) when I was TTC, he had an old batch of very dedicated,polite and friendly old nurses. However I learnt that over the past few years, these very friendly nurses retired. Ok nurses aside, back to Dr Henry... I find him very approachable. I remembered when I first visited him many years ago, he will crack jokes in front of me and his nurses to ease off any tension & asked me to relax. Just recently, when I revisited him again (when I learnt that I'm preggy), he was smiling n congratulating me so brightly when he learnt of my pregnancy. What amazed me was, he took time to scan my baby, and will really explain to me in details on what we are looking at on the screen (he goes gently, " now, see, these are the lovely cute legs, hands, nose blah blah). As compared to those days when I was at KKH, I saw a huge difference. At KKH, scanning was done by a sonographer who doesn't give me detailed information and I had to go to another dr to see me.

I like Dr Henry's 1 stop consultation n he really spend time n effort to go through the pregnancy matters. It's a pity that his older batch of nurses are retired, if not u will get another round of special care/concern/ attention from his very gentle nurses. Hahahaa ... Hope this helps :)
Thanks so much for your sharing clumsywhale. My IVF doc has recommended me to see dr Henry as he no longer does deliveries. I will move over to see dr Henry ard 19 weeks and do the detailed scan with him. It's assuring to hear from you.

hi mummies, just like to share

this..
ImageUploadedByForum1453560460.093951.jpg

also shampoo that contains sodium lauryl sulphate or other ingredients that contain phthalates that has linked to birth defects in animal studies.

Did u try applying it on the right acupoint as per the instructions given? I wore this the whole day yesterday and it did improve my ms condition for me...
Yes it finally helped with my ms ! but I'm having carpal tunnel syndrome like symptoms on my left wrist ..anyone experienced same ?

Back