2016/08 August babies

this 2 days felt incredibly itching at my belly, bum, lower abdomen and arms area :( At which week do u mummies encounter such skin itching?

also, for your firstborn, u will get playpen or babycot? :)

this 2 days felt incredibly itching at my belly, bum, lower abdomen and arms area :( At which week do u mummies encounter such skin itching?

Don't scratch .. Apply more moisturiser or bb oil etc . Your skin is stretching to accommodate your growing bb .
Take care

Me too! I think either stretching or skin is dry.

For me I think I need a baby cot first cause baby needs to sleep in it rather than with me on my bed. I scare I'll crush on baby when I sleep as I flip and turn a lot hahaha

Playpen can wait till baby can sit and play first the consider.. But I think there might be a two-in-one nowadays.

I think I've seen before a babycot but when baby outgrows it, the mattress can be removed and it becomes deep enough to act as a playpen.

Last edited:
Recently I'm having this throbbing headache that keeps coming. I have been sleeping enough but it doesn't go away.

Anybody having the same symptoms and how do you get rid or making yourself feel better?

I have been sleeping and napping quite a lot till very hard to fall asleep already..

For me, I will have both a playpen and also a baby cot. I will alternate between the cot and the playpen. The playpen has 2 heights, and u can put a mattress on it and baby can sleep on it. For my 3rd one, she slept on the playpen for the first mth. Partly cos for the cot I will need to bend lower when I carry her up. So the playpen was higher, thus I didn't have to bend so much. And cos the playpen normally has the bumper and all surrounding it.. Unless u r gonna to let baby in the aircon the whole day, with our kind of weather, it will be pretty hot. :)

Recently I'm having this throbbing headache that keeps coming. I have been sleeping enough but it doesn't go away.

Anybody having the same symptoms and how do you get rid or making yourself feel better?

I have been sleeping and napping quite a lot till very hard to fall asleep already..

Hi, previously i have this also i drink warm 100plus + warm water (ratio 1:1) it get better for me. maybe u can try.

Last edited:

Play pen. My first born i bought a baby cot from ikea and it ends up a white elephant at home cos i end up co sleeping with him till now. By the time he is 1 year old, the baby cot is too small for him already and it takes a lot of effort to dismantle it. It is easier to dismantle a play pen and keep it inside the store room.

my #1 still using e playpen, 25 mths alr so i'd say playpen ba. i always have this fear tt bb's feet will lodge in between the wooden cot's gap. n e cot bumpers may block wind den bb very hot inside. unless aircon ba...

Hello there!

Just found out we're pregnant again with our 3rd child on Saturday, my EDD is August 29th 2016 :)

Do we've a FB page?

I went to see gynea just now. Now more bleeding Already.. On "an-tai" medicine for another 2 weeks.. Heard baby's heartbeat just now. gotta take it slowly. Gynea ask me to rest as much as possible.. still can't confirm the date yet.. Next visit should be able to. :)

I went to see gynea just now. Now more bleeding Already.. On "an-tai" medicine for another 2 weeks.. Heard baby's heartbeat just now. gotta take it slowly. Gynea ask me to rest as much as possible.. still can't confirm the date yet.. Next visit should be able to. :)

Take care and rest more...

Are most of u seeing gynae only once every 4 weeks now?
Mine oso but I requested to slot in one in between so I can Hv fortnightly. Not sure if it is necessary....

I also sick of drinking plain water.
Always crave for something sweet. Now Ribena become my best friend. Haha

Yeah baby doesn't like me to drink plain water. Once I drink abit more I will feel a little gross. I drank Ribena too. But not cold not shiok hahaha

I find myself craving for sweet and spicy stuff... :p

Normally gynea visits are 3 wks interval.. But cos I had bleeding so was seeing him once a week, then next visit will be 2 wks time then after that will be 3 weeks le. :)

can i know if there is any difference between 20 weeks scan and 20 weeks scan with doppler? do you do first trimester pri-eclampsia (PE) screening for high blood pressure and protein level?

can i know if there is any difference between 20 weeks scan and 20 weeks scan with doppler? do you do first trimester pri-eclampsia (PE) screening for high blood pressure and protein level?

Your gynae will let u know which test to take.. I don't think I did the pe screening only blood test leh.. also dunno test for wat results not out yet.

Are most of u seeing gynae only once every 4 weeks now?
Mine oso but I requested to slot in one in between so I can Hv fortnightly. Not sure if it is necessary....
I think not necessary to see fortnightly unless your pregnancy is high risk.if your gynae is comfortable to see you every 4 weeks then it should be alright.

Wow u so fast do OSCAR liao! I doing the genetic scan with Dr Ananda on the 4th day haha.

Your gynae no slot ah? Y see u so late?

Tom yum is yummy! I love spicy food.. I wanna eat crab haha

Hi Mooo_mooo, wanna check with you about the Genetic Scan. Is that mean i can forgo Oscar and others test if we opt for Genetic Scan?

Hi Mooo_mooo, wanna check with you about the Genetic Scan. Is that mean i can forgo Oscar and others test if we opt for Genetic Scan?

Hi Jan, congrats! Eh this genetic scan is just a more detailed scan to check if the development of the baby is all good. It doesnt mean to replace any of the test.. So its up to you which test you would like to go. Maybe you wanna check with your gynae which test you should go for?

hello,

All these tests/scan are optional. There are mummy who choose to skip everything and there are mummy who choose to do everything.

Do take note that Oscar test is a combo test, it consist of a blood test + a ultrasound scan where else Genetic scan is just a ultrasound scan without any blood test.

hello,

All these tests/scan are optional. There are mummy who choose to skip everything and there are mummy who choose to do everything.

Do take note that Oscar test is a combo test, it consist of a blood test + a ultrasound scan where else Genetic scan is just a ultrasound scan without any blood test.

Hi there... thanks for the reply....
as i read from others forum, there are mummy who opt Genetic Scan and forgo Oscar test as they feel Oscar test only guarantee 90% accuracy....
i still so confuse and dunno which test i should choose....

Hi Ladies,
Just went for my Oscar scan earlier. My baby is only 45mm at 11weeks and the ultrasonagrapher decided to postpone my scanning to next Friday for more visible results. She said she will talk to my gynae.
After I had fixed the next appointment with her, my gynae called. Then the doctor said something which made me worry. The sonagrapher had spotted intestines outside my baby's stomach. She explained that it could be a transition period and the baby could still be growing. So hopefully by the time we do another scanning next week, the intestines will grow in the baby then.
Since I have reached home, I have been reading up information about my case... i am praying fervently that my baby will be ok. Before I was pregnant, I was only worried about the gender and whose appearance my baby would take after. Its only when I am pregnant, I realise that we cannot take for granted that my baby will be healthy. Right now, I just hope that the next week's scan will be an optimistic one and my baby is healthy.

Hi there... thanks for the reply....
as i read from others forum, there are mummy who opt Genetic Scan and forgo Oscar test as they feel Oscar test only guarantee 90% accuracy....
i still so confuse and dunno which test i should choose....

Hello,

You are correct on Oscar accuracy. As for genetic scan, i dunno what is the accuracy percentage that Dr Ananda is claiming.

However, if you are the type of parent that must have 100% accuracy and willing to take a tiny percentage risk of MC, then you should just proceed to do Amino testing, this will give you 100% accuracy.

Alternatively is to ala carte your own tests by combining genetic scan with either harmony OR panaroma test. This combo will cost at least $1.5k. Panaroma test accuracy is 99% and the genetic scan will give the Dr Ananda a chance to review your baby bone structure, internal organs etc.

If you are below 35 yr old, my personal opinion is oscar is a good starting point from cost perspective. (Please note that i am not a doctor ya)

All the best.

Hi Ladies,
Just went for my Oscar scan earlier. My baby is only 45mm at 11weeks and the ultrasonagrapher decided to postpone my scanning to next Friday for more visible results. She said she will talk to my gynae.
After I had fixed the next appointment with her, my gynae called. Then the doctor said something which made me worry. The sonagrapher had spotted intestines outside my baby's stomach. She explained that it could be a transition period and the baby could still be growing. So hopefully by the time we do another scanning next week, the intestines will grow in the baby then.
Since I have reached home, I have been reading up information about my case... i am praying fervently that my baby will be ok. Before I was pregnant, I was only worried about the gender and whose appearance my baby would take after. Its only when I am pregnant, I realise that we cannot take for granted that my baby will be healthy. Right now, I just hope that the next week's scan will be an optimistic one and my baby is healthy.

Try not to think too much at the moment, think positive. Hope your baby will be fine next week...

Hi Ladies,

Hello,

All will turn out nicely for your family. We are believe this with you ya. Jia you.

Not to worry is a hard thing to do, however worrying will not help/achieve anything. Take good care of yourself and go for the scan next week and do set up an appt to discuss with your gynac ya.

Hello,

You are correct on Oscar accuracy. As for genetic scan, i dunno what is the accuracy percentage that Dr Ananda is claiming.

However, if you are the type of parent that must have 100% accuracy and willing to take a tiny percentage risk of MC, then you should just proceed to do Amino testing, this will give you 100% accuracy.

Alternatively is to ala carte your own tests by combining genetic scan with either harmony OR panaroma test. This combo will cost at least $1.5k. Panaroma test accuracy is 99% and the genetic scan will give the Dr Ananda a chance to review your baby bone structure, internal organs etc.

If you are below 35 yr old, my personal opinion is oscar is a good starting point from cost perspective. (Please note that i am not a doctor ya)

All the best.

Hi.... thanks for your info....

i am 38 yr old this year..... so more and more test to do.....

Hi.... thanks for your info....

i am 38 yr old this year..... so more and more test to do.....

Hello,

No worries ya. 40 is the new 30. Beside medical science have improve by a lot. :)

If i am in your shoe, i will skip Oscar and jump straight into test like Harmony/Panaroma test, if result is good, i will go for genetic scan, if no good then i will go for Amino test.

Of cos if you belong to the type that die die must give birth de, then can consider to skip all these expensive test.

Of cos if you belong to the type that die die cannot take any risk of MC, then should skip Amino.

Again, i must stress that i am not a doctor, the above is just my personal opinion ya. Such decision is best to discuss with your hubby then take a joint decision.

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum. My edd is 11 Aug and I'm still having terrible morning sickness... Basically eating all junk food now cos it's the only thing I can stomach... Eating lots of sweet stuff when pre preg I'm someone who can take coffee without sugar one... Can't wait for the first tri to be over and for appetite to be back! Any of u still suffering from morning sickness? I'm week 10+ now

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum. My edd is 11 Aug and I'm still having terrible morning sickness... Basically eating all junk food now cos it's the only thing I can stomach... Eating lots of sweet stuff when pre preg I'm someone who can take coffee without sugar one... Can't wait for the first tri to be over and for appetite to be back! Any of u still suffering from morning sickness? I'm week 10+ now
Me!! I am coming to 9 weeks and it's so sucky to have junk food as regular meals. I must have sweet drinks so that the food can go down.

Hi all mummies to be!
MS is getting better as I am 11 weeks along! Jia you to all. It'll be better in tri 2. Try to binge every 2 hours to curb the nauseous feeling.

Mummies who are in FB group, kindly add me [email protected]. thanks!

Back