2016/07 July babies

Stopped dropping that much about 2-3 months back. Otherwise it was raining hair after each wash. Now hair volume also halved.

I started with thin and fine hair... now, even thinner!

Hair loss is lesser than at the onset but still dropping and can see in the drain area. I feel I drop more hair now than pre-preg...

Have you all travelled by air with you LO so far?

We have been so busy and wary (as after all we are first time travelers with baby) and now finally we are going to Phuket and KL early next year.

Any useful tips?

How do you choose/settle LO meals?

I’ve concluded that my girl is a picky eater. She can be enjoying one dinner one night then for next few nights she only nibble a bit.

Haha my first trip with lo on next Friday, will be a short flight to Penang for warm up and next trip to Tasmania in dec will be the challenging one.. I will bring along oat and let him eat our food too. I found this individual packing oat from ntuc finest
ccbd08900da9e5c2b492fdce08d0904f.jpg

We have been so busy and wary (as after all we are first time travelers with baby) and now finally we are going to Phuket and KL early next year.

Any useful tips?

I’ve concluded that my girl is a picky eater. She can be enjoying one dinner one night then for next few nights she only nibble a bit.
I bought a slow cooker with me to cook porridge cook one meal and the other meal rice cereal ....breakfast mostly milk or feed some banana....

We brought our girl to Hong Kong when she was nearly 1 year old. Chose a night flight so she slept well. As for food I brought a slow cooker so I cooked her porridge every day there. Ingredients buy from HK. Turns out to be very enjoyable holiday and my girl was happy and enjoyed herself :)

Thanks!

May you Share the recipe for the porridge please. I tried to cook in slow cooker before but she didn’t like it.

Thanks!

May you Share the recipe for the porridge please. I tried to cook in slow cooker before but she didn’t like it.
I usually combine a few ingredients in the slow cooker and let it cook overnight, very tasty by morning.

Some combinations are:
Fish, tomato, broccoli
Chicken, sweet potato, peas
Pork, pumpkin
Carrot, potato, tomato
Basically just mix and match colours hehe

I usually combine a few ingredients in the slow cooker and let it cook overnight, very tasty by morning.

Some combinations are:
Fish, tomato, broccoli
Pork, pumpkin
Carrot, potato, tomato

Oh fish/chicken/pork is added in the beginning ? It's for the taste or baby will eat it? I imagine it's very hard after hour of slow cooking.

Oh fish/chicken/pork is added in the beginning ? It's for the taste or baby will eat it? I imagine it's very hard after hour of slow cooking.
My girl eats the meat too. When feeding the porridge, I usually cut the chicken/pork into small pieces with a fork and my girl is able to eat. Fish usually breaks easily into pieces.

My girl eats the meat too. When feeding the porridge, I usually cut the chicken/pork into small pieces with a fork and my girl is able to eat. Fish usually breaks easily into pieces.

Will try tomorrow morning to cook in slow cooker. Start Cooking at 630am then by 1pm for lunch is ok right ?

I bought pork, corn, pumpkin and tomatoes. Hope she will eat some since she is rather picky.

Will try tomorrow morning to cook in slow cooker. Start Cooking at 630am then by 1pm for lunch is ok right ?

I bought pork, corn, pumpkin and tomatoes. Hope she will eat some since she is rather picky.
Pork and pumpkin combination is nice, my girl likes it. Hope your girl will eat, let us know how she goes ya. My girl is quite fussy so I know the feeling when you cook nice food and they don’t eat :oops:

Pork and pumpkin combination is nice, my girl likes it. Hope your girl will eat, let us know how she goes ya. My girl is quite fussy so I know the feeling when you cook nice food and they don’t eat :oops:

Yes, it’s called mummy woes when we give our heart n soul into the cooking but end up baby doesn’t even wanna take a scoop ~_~

I also added the dried abalone (I think it’s dried abalone haa). Makes the base sweeter which she likes. First time using that slow cooker n not sure if I’ve added too much water. Asked Yeye to feed her at 1pm. Wanted him to take a video of the end product to send to me (since I’m at work) but then he doesn’t know how to use much of his phone haa. Anxious to see how the porridge looks like so that I know what to change for tomorrow.

Keeping fingers crossed that she’ll take it.

Some combinations are:
Fish, tomato, broccoli
Pork, pumpkin
Carrot, potato, tomato
Hi what is the brand of your slow cooker that can cook over night? Mine will dried up...so I have been waking up at 4am to on the slow cooker so that I can prepare porridge for her to bring infan care......zzzzzz really tiring

Verdict is she ate all yesterday. Im happy. But she gets bored with food easily so will see if she will still take it today.

Gan, wondering if your pot is too small? I’m using this. But haven’t tried overnight. In the morning, the pot is just less than half full. Cook 4 hrs and consistency is just right (according to Yeye). So I guess if I cook overnight the pot still has space for more water from the beginning.

Does yours have auto function ? I think it’s crucial to have this function or else it’s high heat all the way; drying up way too fast.

79e5ef315569e9d3f1b3471e93493eb1.jpg

Hi what is the brand of your slow cooker that can cook over night? Mine will dried up...so I have been waking up at 4am to on the slow cooker so that I can prepare porridge for her to bring infan care......zzzzzz really tiring
Hello gan, my slow cooker is a no name brand type. I just put more water when I am cooking overnight. Have to trial and error few times to get it right.

Verdict is she ate all yesterday. Im happy. But she gets bored with food easily so will see if she will still take it today.

Gan, wondering if your pot is too small? I’m using this. But haven’t tried overnight. In the morning, the pot is just less than half full. Cook 4 hrs and consistency is just right (according to Yeye). So I guess if I cook overnight the pot still has space for more water from the beginning.

Does yours have auto function ? I think it’s crucial to have this function or else it’s high heat all the way; drying up way too fast.

Glad your girl ate the porridge. My girl also fussy with food so I cook different food for her everyday.

Glad your girl ate the porridge. My girl also fussy with food so I cook different food for her everyday.

Thanks so much for the porridge recipe.

What else do you cook other than slow cooker porridge ? I need ideas haaa.

Any useful tips?

I have twice. First time I was breastfeeding her fully so it was Easy.

Second time just last mth, I feed her bread, cheese, yogurt, fruits and milk mainly. She eats a little of what we eat too with less slor no salt. Banana and avocado are easy to feed and carry around. Cooked eggs too. Just go suoermarkets on the country you're traveling to.

After days of slow cooker trials, I find what works best for her is just cook soup. Then pour over rice or macaroni. Every meal she will chant soup soup soup because she loves soup.

I may just lug the slow cooker to Phuket to prep soup since I don’t think soups there suit her (I usually don’t serve soup from outside even in SG as I don’t know what goes into the soup).

After days of slow cooker trials, I find what works best for her is just cook soup. Then pour over rice or macaroni. Every meal she will chant soup soup soup because she loves soup.

I may just lug the slow cooker to Phuket to prep soup since I don’t think soups there suit her (I usually don’t serve soup from outside even in SG as I don’t know what goes into the soup).
Sorry just saw your message now. Yes that’s exactly what I do. I usually cook soup in my slow cooker and will pour into rice, noodles or macaroni pasta. This way, different food all the time and not just porridge.

Hi mummies,

anyone tried Skinny Coffee or SkinnyMint Teatox? Was thinking of trying one of them... to lose the tummy pouch... and arms...

Or is the fat freezing treatment any good?

Hi mummies,

anyone tried Skinny Coffee or SkinnyMint Teatox? Was thinking of trying one of them... to lose the tummy pouch... and arms...

Way before preggie, I tried the skinnymint tea. Yes it works. Wasn’t on the heavy side in the first place but can feel and see the flatter tummy. Don’t see any effect on other parts of body.

Talking about this, I need to tone up man. Ever since being a mother, getting lazy to do other things other than focusing on her.

Harlow ... I survive on my first trip haha 70% of my luggage fill with baby stuff and left 30% for myself :(

Hi mummies,

Hi.. I’m slimming down.. arms, tummy, back after taking supplements..

Actually I take the supplements for healthy purposes but I didn’t know I got the bonus - the supplements get rid off my excess fat!!!!

I’m going to detox programme for 21days.. we still eat.. and we do it from our lifestyle.. we gain health and slim down at the same time.. :)

different from slimming Centre where ppl always fat back after stopped, a lot of cases around me.. :(

Pm me to know more ;)

One of my frien taking one of our product green coffee and she slim down too :)

Last edited:
How are your babies napping during the day?

Mine naps very little day time, sometimes around 30 minutes for the whole day. I am very lucky on days that she sleeps over an hour. Very difficult to get her to nap. I don’t have much time to do any housework. I have always had her on a routine but doesn’t really work these days.

How are your babies napping during the day?

Mine naps very little day time, sometimes around 30 minutes for the whole day. I am very lucky on days that she sleeps over an hour. Very difficult to get her to nap. I don’t have much time to do any housework. I have always had her on a routine but doesn’t really work these days.

I was just thinking about this yesterday.

2weeks ago, she naps about 3-4hrs a day. Split into morning and afternoon Naps. Now, she refuses the 4pm nap. By the time it’s night sleep, she becomes quite cranky. She is obviously tired in the evening but just totally rejects to nap. However when it comes to night, she knocks out quite fast. She sleeps from 9pm-6plus am though. Not long night sleep so she needs nap.

Does yours already take long night sleep?

@redvel, 3-4 hours nap so good :oops: Like I said I will be happy if mine takes an hour nap. So hard to get her to nap. At night she sleeps about 9pm-4am, breastfeed, then sleep till around 8+am.

My boy is still taking multiple naps. His IFC records shows morning nap, PM nap and sometime got late afternoon nap...

In the weekends I can't get him to take 3 naps, only 2...

Recently we went out for dinner during weekend, and he was super cranky... then my HB push him ard in the stroller and he fell asleep. At 7plus... his bed time is 8-830pm, but thankfully he woke up briefly when transferring from car to bed etc. and slept again after milk feed...

Btw, how much milk is ur kid taking now? My boy takes lesser milk now. From 180ml x 4 drop back to 150ml x 4 and the last feed sometime he nv finish...

It used to be she could sleep on her own in the cot. Then don’t know what happened la, now she needs to be in the bouncer to fall asleep. Once she is in deeper sleep, I will transfer her to her cot.

Past 2 weeks she wakes up once or twice to ask for the bouncer. Put her in bouncer and she just snaps back to sleep. Then have to wait abit to transfer her back to the cot. We are trying to wean her off the bouncer and I wonder how to do it. Looks like we may have to bring it along to our vacation -_-

She drinks about 4x milk. 150m-200ml depends on time of the day.

Mine drops to 1 nap in infant care....the nap is about 2 hrs... Night sleeps around 8 and up by 6am

Sometimes during weekend she can have 2 naps...

Not sure if she is having enough sleep. How many hours shld they sleep at this age?

79e5ef315569e9d3f1b3471e93493eb1.jpg
Mine doesn't have auto ...is a simple slow cooker, just on and cook. How big is yours ? This comes in different sizes ?

Seems like most babies here no problem with day nap. Don’t know why mine don’t like to take daytime nap. Yesterday I had to hold her while she naps for about 2 hours. If don’t hold, she will sleep only about 1/2 hour :confused:

Mine drops to 1 nap in infant care....the nap is about 2 hrs... Night sleeps around 8 and up by 6am

Sometimes during weekend she can have 2 naps...

Not sure if she is having enough sleep. How many hours shld they sleep at this age?

I just googled and it says 11-14hrs. Mine has about 12hrs. I hope she resumes to taking the 4-5pm nap. Less crankiness to deal with.

Mine doesn't have auto ...is a simple slow cooker, just on and cook. How big is yours ? This comes in different sizes ?

This is a very old (discontinued?) brand that’s passdown. Not sure of the capacity but if I load it full with lots of soup ingredients it yields a good two meal soup.

Ya also simple to use as just put on auto mode. It has two modes which is auto or high. If I’m not wrong, auto mode means it is cooked on high first then after that on lower heat which means won’t dry up the liquid. I used to have a tiny slow cooker which only has on or off mode and it does dry too fast.

Seems like most babies here no problem with day nap. Don’t know why mine don’t like to take daytime nap. Yesterday I had to hold her while she naps for about 2 hours. If don’t hold, she will sleep only about 1/2 hour :confused:

As in baby wearing her?

I used to do that. Anything to make her take long naps!

As in baby wearing her?

I used to do that. Anything to make her take long naps!
Not baby wear but just holding her. How old was your baby when you used to babywear her to sleep? I paiseh cause my baby is 14 months now, not like newborn.

Not baby wear but just holding her. How old was your baby when you used to babywear her to sleep? I paiseh cause my baby is 14 months now, not like newborn.

She is much smaller then la.

Don’t need to be paiseh really. If this is what it takes for my gal to sleep I’ll just go with the flow. There’s no “right” style. We all want our child to eat/sleep/grow/etc well in the best capacity we can.

I always remind myself if I don’t hold her now, she will outgrow this stage and next time she probably wouldn’t want me to hold her anymore. They all will grow up. So just treasure this physical bonding as much as possible.

I nursed my little one in carrier to coax her to sleep when we went overseas.

It’s kinda weird cos she is oversized and head cannot be fully covered and I run the risk of exposing myself with a fidgeting toddler. But still... that was the only option

Back