2016/07 July babies

My MS symptoms are finally disappearing, except for the reflux if I get too greedy over a meal. Now I'm always hungry and always am looking out for fruits and chips. So those who are still stuck with MS, the saying is really true....will go away or at least much better entering 2nd trime.
I'm waiting for my ms to subside because I've just entered my second trim, however just the second day of it I vomited the whole lunch and that's my only meal of the day because I can't intake any thing at all after that. OMG, so looking forward for my energy to be back.

@Jehvy me on the other hand my hubby reminds me not to stuff my face at each meal. Because once I eat too much (and it's not even more than my pre preg portion) I will have bad reflux and it feels horrid. At each meal my heart wants to eat more but my body can't take it. Therefore I try to snack a little in between to get more intake.

Wanna ask you all : Do you experience more dull cramps and pulls in your bump at this 13-14week stage?

@Jehvy *Hands up! I've been feeling rather stretchy pain at lower abdomen especially during work (deskbound). At times it got so pricky that I got to stand and walk around. Do you all have the same experience like mine?

@eiLeENyoYO I'm still waiting to see if i'm in the pink or blue :) Didn't take harmony test, wonder if the gender will be revealed on my next apt on the 4th Feb (16th week by then).

Thanks emk. The pee strip today reads I have little trace of sugar and gynae will watch my sugar level too. So I have to try to avoid sweet stuff and that includes red dates although it's good for that purpose.
@redvel do you mean that pee strip that we tested every time is to track sugar level? How do I read it? Because my i'm under subsidy and they'll never explain all this to me. I only know I just take that test, let them see and throw away, that's it. If I know how to read it maybe I can try to understand it myself.

@redvel do you mean that pee strip that we tested every time is to track sugar level? How do I read it? Because my i'm under subsidy and they'll never explain all this to me. I only know I just take that test, let them see and throw away, that's it. If I know how to read it maybe I can try to understand it myself.
Mine measures my sugar and protein in urine at every visit. Not sure how's your pee stick is like. The yellow part is for sugar and all my previous visits they stayed the same color but last visit the yellow starts to turn a little greenish. If the nurse and doc never mention anything, it means you're ok don't worry.

In fact during pregnancy most mtbs may have some trace of sugar in their urine as our kidney may function quite differently during pregnancy; leaks some sugar into urine stream. This may not mean you're at risk for GD. But because of my age, my gynae will watch me closely, but fortunately I don't have family history of diabetes.

Ever since bfp, I crave for bubble tea (although minimal sugar level) few x week. I now eliminate them. Doc keeps reminding me drink plain water. I now also don't feel like drinking mummy formula milk since they are sweet too.

Mine measures my sugar and protein in urine at every visit. Not sure how's your pee stick is like. The yellow part is for sugar and all my previous visits they stayed the same color but last visit the yellow starts to turn a little greenish. If the nurse and doc never mention anything, it means you're ok don't worry.

In fact during pregnancy most mtbs may have some trace of sugar in their urine as our kidney may function quite differently during pregnancy; leaks some sugar into urine stream. This may not mean you're at risk for GD. But because of my age, my gynae will watch me closely, but fortunately I don't have family history of diabetes.

Ever since bfp, I crave for bubble tea (although minimal sugar level) few x week. I now eliminate them. Doc keeps reminding me drink plain water. I now also don't feel like drinking mummy formula milk since they are sweet too.

@redvel I'm always craving for sweet stuff, I find that I may be taking in too much. But never heard anything from the doctor yet. I don't know if it's because it's under subsidy thus not much information was given.

Can ask your doc in the next visit then. I'm sure he/she will have an answer for you since the nurse makes a note on your record chart prior to you seeing him/her.

Is anyone taking new albumin? I read online that it is cancer causing ? Not sure how true

Which brand of fresh milk are you drinking ? My doc asked me to drink more

Hi moms,
Just went for my mthly scan . Somehow I am a few days ahead after measuring the baby head and stomach . Big head and round tummy .
Around 16wks plus instead of the 15wks plus.

We are expecting another boy , so now we have even number of genders in the family.
Anyone can add me in the blue team please thank you.

Subsequent born mom , anyone realize we are actually feeling more lethargic and legs are more sore and achy?
I can't seem to walk or stand for long without any aching legs muscles . Still peeing so frequently and this is only the beginning of my 2nd trimester.

Is anyone taking new albumin? I read online that it is cancer causing ? Not sure how true

Clover seed I used to take Meiji fresh milk . Now I can't stand milk hence I am on Greek plain yogurt as its low in sugar ,high in calcium ,probiotics and make me goes to the toilet easier.

Used it take it but was years ago. Didn't know about the link. But my gf took it during her pregnancy and all is fine.

Taste wise I only like farmhouse milk. But after preggie became lactose intolerant. Now take yogurt or just depend on my calcium pills.

Wow looks like it's essential to be on many pills. If cannot swallow gel pill like fish oil, how to survive during pill taking period? I have problems swallowing pills :(

@himawari everything seemed to taste awful for me these days :cool: including Greek yoghurt. Got to force myself to take healthy stuff

@redvel, thanks! I will also check with my gynae during the next visit

@zzeesays I'm having a tough time swallowing all the huge pills esp the multi vitamin. Was chocked on a few occasions. For baby, have to hang in there ;)

Hi mummies!!!

Sorry I haven't been checking anything much here. Its been a trying and tiring January with my 11 month old from high fever to infection to surgery. I'm almost dying!!!

For those that wants to be added in to the secret group....please please please add me as a friend first in facebook ([email protected]) before I can add you to the group.

Mummies that is always here please help to bump or re-quote this message to any new mummies that might have missed this out....ok?

Take care lovelies and hope everyone have been doing well!!

PS: Yes the Facebook Group is very active with alot of mummies and support!! Do join ok!

Wow looks like it's essential to be on many pills. If cannot swallow gel pill like fish oil, how to survive during pill taking period? I have problems swallowing pills :(

I have prob too initially much ok now like pychological prob , keep inside my mouth for along time yet swallowed. Now I just take fish oil, multivitamin must take with Ribena or sour juice to mask the taste ( the smell alone makes me gag) n skip calcium I just drink milk

I have prob too initially much ok now like pychological prob , keep inside my mouth for along time yet swallowed. Now I just take fish oil, multivitamin must take with Ribena or sour juice to mask the taste ( the smell alone makes me gag) n skip calcium I just drink milk

I always chew my pills even if it's very small or bitter. But fish oil my sis says no way to chew. My god please save me.

Himawari, so far I'm still good with walking and standing long. No aches anywhere. Not sure how long this will last.

Any experienced mummies tried the belly support band before? Recommended (when tummy is biggg )?

Cloverseed, I used to be relatively active physically but I stopped everything once bfp. Other half doesn't like the idea of me resuming my long brisk walk (slow slow walk he is ok) nor yoga. But I'll be resuming regular swimming.

I'm still waking as fast as before. I feel walking helps in delivery the baby. And it's important to exercise a bit since we are in our second trimester

I'm still walking as fast too, but I do have lower back ache at the end of the day and I don't remember being so achy the last two times. Maybe it's just age, hence ligaments more stiff.

@redvel - I nvr tried the support band as I didn't get very big both times. Don't think I'll be using that this round too.

@zzeesays - woah! You can chew bitter pills without gagging?! Really impressive! I can't even swallow my tiny anti-nausea pill without gagging and I used to be the champion at swallowing those really huge tablets.

@zzeesays if there's those chewable multi-vitamins like for kids, would be awesome! Lol :)
Maybe in our 3rd trimester, we will be experts in swallowing supplements

@redvel same here .. I stopped all activities once I know I'm preggie. But guess we can start to exercise again since now in 2nd trimester. Time to keep fit!

Yes will get back ache if I sit too long without support. I bought a pillow n put it behind my back in my office chair.. But think the ache will get more intense when our tummy gets bigger.

For this one, I am drinking milk more diligently. And both my girls will ask me to take my multi vit n fish oil. I have been taking them in the night before I sleep.. Is it ok?

If your multi vit contains iron, try to take with your meal instead of milk, as calcium and iron counter each other in the absorption.

I have been so called exercising from first trimester ,housework ,playing with the children, bringing them out . I started drumming lessons prior to finding out about my current surprise pregnancy so still playing the drums. All the walking and fetching of children is also still on going hence the aches and sore all over at such early stage .

I've walked a lot during 1st pregnancy n thought it helps with my child birth. Was walking as usual n shopping during this pregnancy n i bled etc n put on bedrest. After following up with dr yesterday she just ask me not to exercise n can go walk walk ard Chinatown bt do it in the day. Bt being paranoid I just try not to walk much n walk slower then my usual pace . I don't know which is better for me now, to move as lil as possible or try to move ard:p

Anyone has booked their hospital room? I'm with parkway east btw n followed up with dr yesterday at 16 weeks. Was asked if I want to book or wait till nxt follow up.can't rmb if I need to do so 1st pregnancy ) so early? My detailed scan is scheduled after my next gynae's appointment though.

Pink Team :
Eileenyoyo
redvel
mistycloud
gan1972
lov3s
hellopanda
yecarg
Blue Team :
3p1m
verluv
changy
emk
Eugenial
cloverseed
himawari

Any moms feel the action in your tummy yet? Please share your moments :) Still waiting for mine.

Tuna I know you're already feeling it. How nice.

Lovely. I feel that ticklish thing going on at times as you described but I really can't differentiate if it's her or me just digesting my food. I guess it's just my digestion system since I'm still early to be able to feel it.

But my bff told me it's more of a twitch. Similar to when we get uncontrollable eye twitch.

Redvel - it could feel like bubbles popping too. Sensations are different for different mummies. Mine have recently started feeling like jolts occasionally, makes me wonder what the little chap is doing inside so early. You are in your 17th week? If yes, it could likely be your princess :)

Tuna, I'm looking forward to those jolts. I'm not even 16 weeks yet. I think those "moments" were just things going on in my head.

Hellopanda, I think he/she should know so have a talk will be a good start.

For me, after my first gynae visit at 4-5weeks, I called my boss on a Saturday morning to inform her as I was put on MC for first 16weeks. As for my teammates, some have already guessed but my boss just told them I needed to be away for medical reason. They are covering me while I'm away. As for the rest of the colleagues, when I return work next week, if they notice my bump they are welcome to come and congratulate me I guess.

How did you all inform your boss of your pregnancy? No one in my office knows yet...
I told my immediate boss when I am around 8 weeks... She was asking where I am going for holiday during December so thought it was a good opportunity to let her know I have canceled my holiday as I am expecting

Colleagues I only told another 2 of my staff this week....

I am at 14 weeks... At 13 weeks I thot I felt the baby made a somersault and another time 2 days ago where i felt a few "punches" on the right side below the ribs area.
The punches do feel like baby stretching hard and how i felt in my previous pregnancies. But I feel it is really early to feel any movement.

I told my boss at 10th week. Because there are some major change on my boss workscope and he was doing some planning. So I took the opportunity to release the news that I am pregnant. The rest of the colleagues will know in due time.

I also feel something sometimes, like ticklish feeling but am not sure coz I had been feeling it for the past 2 weeks. A bit early right?

Back