2016/07 July babies

@eiLeENyoYO hehe need to hide to sleep? The woes of a mummy!

@tuna I for one love to sleep. Even I have taken 3 hrs nap, I can knock out at night bedtime too. The only time I need to count sheep is when I'm stressed at work or have some kind anxiety (which is unfortunately during this pregnancy).

@papalee I've heard before about ladies having two uterus which is very rare. I guess time to ask your doc in your next visit what implications there might be.

Week 14 today but yes like they say, the nausea is back again. I really hope for a smooth 2nd trimester and can't wait to hear my harmony test report :)

Indeed the ms is just so stubborn. I'm resuming my warm ginger/lemon drink whenever I can to make myself feel a little better. And keep reminding myself don't eat too full.

2 days to my next gynae visit. I hope everything is ok. I can collect the CD then which was done during my NT scan. Got pics of my missy's named body parts :) I wonder if the video was captured. Forgot to ask.

@eiLeENyoYO hehe need to hide to sleep? The woes of a mummy!

@tuna I for one love to sleep. Even I have taken 3 hrs nap, I can knock out at night bedtime too. The only time I need to count sheep is when I'm stressed at work or have some kind anxiety (which is unfortunately during this pregnancy).

@papalee I've heard before about ladies having two uterus which is very rare. I guess time to ask your doc in your next visit what implications there might be.
very worried about it...

Sigh ... My evening sickness coming back again. Week 14 now .. Was so happy that I can have dinner for the past one week, now back to square one ..got to force myself to eat light snack for dinner.

Sigh ... My evening sickness coming back again. Week 14 now .. Was so happy that I can have dinner for the past one week, now back to square one ..got to force myself to eat light snack for dinner.

Me too emk :( seems like wk 14 isn't a good wk for several of us. Back to popping my anti-vomiting pills after stopping for a few days.

Tuna, ya ... Hopefully week15 will be better. My appt with gynae on this Saturday, hopefully can get to know which team I belong to (pink or blue)

Will be a bonus tomorrow if you'll find out the team, @emk. Visiting tomorrow too.

New symptoms approaching 15weeks are dizzy spell and out of breath.

@tuna this #2, i experiences MS... constantly feeling nausea and will puke bile or food. And I have extreme cravings for spicy food, hahaha think i'm not alone here.

Is there a Facebook page for July babies?

Hi mummies,
For those who have already engage CL, can I know what's the market rate now?
And for those who engage from PEM, what's the rate? Is it true need to top up extra $200 to specify CL?

Just done my igene test and sign up for the package, total damage almost 2.8k
Heart pain and hand pain... Haha... But hopefully result is positive :)

2250 for PEM. Yes top up 200 more to pick CL.

Will be an exciting wait for you. I don't want to count the $$ so far... Actually not as much as how much we dumped in for our ivf treatment in 2014 (over 40 so I missed out some subsidy).

Ultimately we all just want a common goal. The rest close one eye :)

@chan16 if you have a particular CL in mind, you can start booking. I have asked for quotes and will only confirm after I received my Harmony Test Report.

As for the herbs, I don't think my mom wants me to get cause she was not happy with the quality and quantity of the herbs. My mom said Eu Yan Seng better..

@MistyCloud I always assume freelance ones cost a little lesser since there's no agent involved. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@EugeniaL Were you the one who mentioned you're living in double storey? Not sure if I've mixed that up. Some conditions ask for top up.

@chan16 I booked I think 3 weeks ago and my 1st choice of CL has already been taken up. So if you do not have a CL in mind, I think it doesnt matter when you book but the PEM consultant told me you can already book 6 months before your EDD.

2250 for PEM. Yes top up 200 more to pick CL.

Will be an exciting wait for you. I don't want to count the $$ so far... Actually not as much as how much we dumped in for our ivf treatment in 2014 (over 40 so I missed out some subsidy).

Ultimately we all just want a common goal. The rest close one eye :)
Mine was no. 3 and wasn't plan. Hahaha.... Hopefully blue team for me as I have 2 girls already. But my girls want another mei mei. So now just praying the igene test to be clear :)

Actually the consultant will guide you along over the phone call. Ask you few questions. Then send you an email on some details. Thereafter she will arrange a consultant to drop by your place (weekday after work is fine) to share more and you can ask him anything. That's when he will collect deposit to secure the booking.

@redvel That's what I thought too but apparently not according to the pricing here. I don't mind paying more if the CL is good.

My first one was horrible and she was not pro breastfeeding even though she claimed that she was. She made me so stressed and I even fought with her coz she lied to me that she didn't feed my daughter but she did. I saw it on camera and she likes to top up with formula milk. My daughter was super fat by end of the confinement. I think she was overfed as her natural weight always hovered around 25-50 percentile. After confinement, she was 75 percentile! :(

Basically, she was a sarcastic person and still have to pay her so much. I just hope my new one is better. Both come recommended but the weird thing is after the 1st CL left, my husband asked his friend who recommended her about the CL. It seems like the CL did the same thing to them and also turned the camera away in the room all the time. We placed the baby cam in the room to monitor the baby and it cannot be moved/rotated so I don't know why she had to move it and not let us view the baby. The CL also switched off their air con all the time and said aircon just stopped. My baby ended up heat rash coz she slept in room with maid and CL and windows closed! I don't know why my hubby;s friend didn't mind all these things....

There were many more horrible incidents and I've learn that some people just don't mind these kinda things. But I do and won't trust my hubby and his friend already coz both are guys who prob can't be bothered about much. :rolleyes: The frien engaged her for 2 months saying her cooking is nice.... Erm... that's not my priority as long as the food is healthy. Baby and my rest/peach of mind is more important. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But now I know what to look out for when engaging a CL. It's very important that she is pro breastfeeding if you want to breastfeed as it doesn't come easy for some people and will give you a lot of stress if CL is not supportive. It'll always make you feel like your milk isn't enough etc.

Last edited:
@redvel oh they added in. Hahaha. Didn't realize that. Thanks!!! So forget of me.
I can understand. You know what pregnancy hormones do to us. Heh.

Tomorrow after my gynae visit I'm going to GlenE admin to book for a maternity tour. But is it too early? My friend's also popped at GlenE and he has all good words on the flow.

@redvel That's what I thought too but apparently not according to the pricing here. I don't mind paying more if the CL is good.

My first one was horrible and she was not pro breastfeeding even though she claimed that she was. She made me so stressed and I even fought with her coz she lied to me that she didn't feed my daughter but she did. I saw it on camera and she likes to top up with formula milk. My daughter was super fat by end of the confinement. I think she was overfed as her natural weight always hovered around 25-50 percentile. After confinement, she was 75 percentile! :(

Basically, she was a sarcastic person and still have to pay her so much. I just hope my new one is better. Both come recommended but the weird thing is after the 1st CL left, my husband asked his friend who recommended her about the CL. It seems like the CL did the same thing to them and also turned the camera away in the room all the time. We placed the baby cam in the room to monitor the baby and it cannot be moved/rotated so I don't know why she had to move it and not let us view the baby. The CL also switched off their air con all the time and said aircon just stopped. My baby ended up heat rash coz she slept in room with maid and CL and windows closed! I don't know why my hubby;s friend didn't mind all these things....

There were many more horrible incidents and I've learn that some people just don't mind these kinda things. But I do and won't trust my hubby and his friend already coz both are guys who prob can't be bothered about much. :rolleyes: The frien engaged her for 2 months saying her cooking is nice.... Erm... that's not my priority as long as the food is healthy. Baby and my rest/peach of mind is more important. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But now I know what to look out for when engaging a CL. It's very important that she is pro breastfeeding if you want to breastfeed as it doesn't come easy for some people and will give you a lot of stress if CL is not supportive. It'll always make you feel like your milk isn't enough etc.
Oh yes, I heard horror stories of how in the end 1 CL can cause a family argument -__________________________-

Pregnancy is tough enough, do things that make us happier and make our lives easier. Hahaha. That's my motto now.

Ladies.. is it normal if baby didn't really move during the 12w scan (non oscar). Was expecting to see bb waving or dancing but didn't get to see it at all.

Ladies.. is it normal if baby didn't really move during the 12w scan (non oscar). Was expecting to see bb waving or dancing but didn't get to see it at all.
I think is normal? My bb was calm. Like just putting hands and feet up in the air. Haha. But the heartbeat was very strong. Going at 158. So we are happy :)

We still have to apply for work permit for these freelance ones.

BTW, if anyone wants to know the name of the bad CL that I engaged for mt #1, Feel free to PM me. ;)
We wasn't ask to apply for work permit for my previous CL many years back. Your #1 CL from PEM or free lance?

Last edited:

I think it really depend on individual cos I have 2 friends engaging the same CL, but totally different feedback.

Actually the consultant will guide you along over the phone call. Ask you few questions. Then send you an email on some details. Thereafter she will arrange a consultant to drop by your place (weekday after work is fine) to share more and you can ask him anything. That's when he will collect deposit to secure the booking.
Can we specific what are the main criteria we need for a CL, example pro in breast feeding etc? Do they give us what we required?

I'm not very sure what to expect from a CL since it is my first. But from the TLC the CL (my first choice whom is not available for me unfortunately) gave to my twins niece and nephew, I think she is very nice and good. She also always wears a disposable face mask when handling bbs close. Not that she is unwell or what but she prefers to be more hygienic I guess. And she also washes bbs pi gu with cotton wools and warm water (is this the basic? Not too sure). Another friend her CL cleans her bb always with baby wipes until poor bb gets butt rashes.

Then my sis CL will sing and give bbs gentle hands and legs exercise while in the bath. I see the twinnies always very shiok like that during bath time.

Can we specific what are the main criteria we need for a CL, example pro in breast feeding etc? Do they give us what we required?
Good question. I'm not sure however i feel you can ask for it. I know the CL I pick is pro BF and other than that I really don't know what else I should ask for. My close friends recommend her and I kinda know their style so I hope that 28days I can rest and recuperate as much as I can.

I think it really depend on individual cos I have 2 friends engaging the same CL, but totally different feedback.

Totally agree, must find the CL that suits your style. Maybe I no chemistry with her also. Haha...

One more big difference was that no one helped us and we were totally reliant on her. For the other friend, her mum came over daily, so she was more chilled coz the mum had a say in how to do certain things also. I was totally clueless, down to even the confinement food I was eating.

Last edited:
@ redvel, a few things I can think of off hand now:

-Tell her your plans like whether you intend to not breastfeed for a while at night and only take over after a certain no. of days. As such, you may not even wake up at night initially.

-See how rigid and strict she is coz some CLs are very traditional and will insist you cannot switch on aircon for yourself and baby. Must keep in mind our delivery date is in July so it'll probably be hot! And other confinement rules you may not want to follow, see whether they are ok or same style as you or not.

-Ask what kind of food they eat and what they will cook for you and who will they cook for in your family. I have a maid so my CLs only need to take care of baby and not even simple washing of dishes. Very free in that sense so I expect to rest totally. Won't carry baby unnecessarily so that my back can heal properly. Also, the previous CL did not start traditional confinement food until 10 days later, her logic and it's the first I heard. Basically, she only cook herbs n add ginger into food. Even had cabbage with ginger which people tell me later is not supposed to be. When I asked her to start my confinement food earlier, she refused and said only can start after 10 days.

-Will they help with marketing. My previous one ordered my hubby to go and I stepped in and ask her to go along also. It was merely downstairs and my hubby is the damn blur type and may buy wrong things. She was so lazy and I think it is her job to just walk downstairs and follow my hubby. (hubby almost got pushed around by CL, sheesh) Some will even go market for you.

-Let her know about sleeping arrangement. If she needs to share a room with someone else.

-See whether she is pro breastfeeding and what would she recommend if you don't have enough milk and refuse to formula feed, will she be patient enough to bring baby to you all the time?

Best to let them answer before telling them what you want to gauge their response but then again, they always sound so accommodating before you invite them to your house. Got to get from a friend you really trust then. And I prefer to get from friends who are fussier now coz standards are higher! Haha...

It is very important to rest well after giving birth so I think a good CL is very important. You can find a lot of horror stores online and these CLs don't come cheap.

Last edited:
My CL is also freelance and charges $2600.
To add on to what MistyCloud listed, I think it's also good to find out what kind of confinement dishes the CL can cook I.e. trotters in vinegar, double boiled soups, liquor based boiled soups. Some CLs only can cook the basic ginger dishes, they don't even cook the trotters dish which i find is rather shocking as that's one of the signature Chinese confinement dishes.
My CL told me to buy a couple of bottles of Hennessy/forgot the other options as she said she will be cooking the liquor based stuff for me. She added she'll send me a list of stuff to buy nearer the time.
For mummies who are bathing with the herbal concoction, can ask if she will prepare the water for u. My past 2 experiences was that the CL will boil the herbs each morning, and lug the pail of hot herbal water into my shower for me.

Can anyone share again what food to avoid for breastfeeding? I can't remember a thing except for cabbage and broccoli. Either they reduce the flow or intro wind into the milk. Then again, I could be totally wrong. It's been 8 yrs.

Your little one must be a cool and calm baby. My bff boy also slept a lot during scans. She says hardly see him moved so it's normal. The boy is 3 yo now.

I don't like pig trotters so please don't cook for me haa.
Redvel - I hate that too, but Chinese people say must drink leh, to get rid of wind n shrink the tummy. Foe the sake of our figure, just force ourselves to drink some ba, haha. But I refuse to eat the skin and ginger, argh, the thought of it now is quite revolting.

Mistycloud - yes! That too. Totally slipped my mind! I liked having the mee sua (can't rem with each part, kidney or liver?) for breakfasts, yummy!

Haven't even book prenatal massage. So, haven't book post natal massage also.

I find that prenatal helps when back is achy when tummy grows big.

@tuna, ok ill be good and eat the vinegar! I'm ok with the sauce but just not the porky. Can't they use like half a chicken to make that dish instead of trotters? Why trotters I wonder. My granny in law does make the best vinegar trotter but since she knows I don't like porky she added hard boiled eggs for me. It's yummy. And I also never like liver of anything. But during my last mc confinement, my mil says must take liver dish but I don't have to eat it; just drink the soup that has been blanched by the slices, with lots of ginger to kill the smell. Still I had to pinch my nose to take little sips. Other than that, I super like confinement food, like the herbal soup, ginger, sesame oil, steamed fish etc.

Oh haven't booked the massage. I will later part.

Your little one must be a cool and calm baby. My bff boy also slept a lot during scans. She says hardly see him moved so it's normal. The boy is 3 yo now.
Haha I actually prefer a more active baby! But not overly hyper though... glad that it's normal because I tend to worry too much...

Redvel - talking about eggs, I have never understood why the eggs in the vinegar must be cooked for so long till they become soooo hard. If they're like the jap ramen kind, with the yolk slightly runny, woah, perfection! Let me suggest this to CL this round!
I'm with you on the liver thing, yeech! I can tolerate eating liver if it's cooked till it's really hard and dry.

Misty - can share where u go for prenatal massage? It sounds heavenly! Me keen to try also.

@redvel I'm back from my appt, likely to be in blue team coz gynae can see 'something' in between the legs. Baby is so active, scratching his head and wave his hand. So cute

Back