2016/07 July babies

Hello little kkj! Must be so cute seeing the extra thing heh. I'm on my way to mine. Hope can see little abalone too.

Redvel - talking about eggs, I have never understood why the eggs in the vinegar must be cooked for so long till they become soooo hard. If they're like the jap ramen kind, with the yolk slightly runny, woah, perfection! Let me suggest this to CL this round!
I'm with you on the liver thing, yeech! I can tolerate eating liver if it's cooked till it's really hard and dry.

Misty - can share where u go for prenatal massage? It sounds heavenly! Me keen to try also.

I went for this 2 years back and the masseur was good:http://pregmassage.com.sg/

I was pricked on the finger and have low iron. Gynae prescribes me iron pills and reminds me to eat my fruit extract since it's gonna make my constipation worse. No wonder I felt kinda dizzy lately.

The nurse there advices me to eat liver soup and red meat like beef. Aiyo these are things I don't take. But I think I will start to take little bit by bit.

Maybe u can try red date drink as I was told it help on enriching and replenishing blood

Thanks emk. The pee strip today reads I have little trace of sugar and gynae will watch my sugar level too. So I have to try to avoid sweet stuff and that includes red dates although it's good for that purpose.

Did anyone experience this before? I'm currently week 13. I'm still experience Ms symptoms, vomiting 2 times/day (am n evening) and feeling giddy/tired through the week. Already like this since past few weeks.

But Last night about midnight i woke up suddenly feeling giddy like the room was spinning. (While lying in bed) it happened for about 5 mins or so. Also felt Abit breathless so I focused on breathing n drifted back to sleep.

First time this has happened to me.

Thanks tuna. I think I will start with that.

@kitty16 I believe everyone's reaction to pregnancy is different but my ms does subside when hit 12-13weeks. Best to feedback to your doc and he may have pills to ease your discomfort.

Just few days ago I started to feel dizzy in the day. Thought it is just another new symptom. Yesterday my doc checked my iron level and I need booster. So it might be due to that. Have you checked your hemoglobin? Take care.

Do you know of any 'baby safe' or 'pregnancy safe' house cleaning products? I want to clean the toilet (won't over exert don't worry) but I don't like those regular products with strong smell.

I like mr muscle cos I just spray it, wait for a while n gently Wash away will do. But the smell is very strong.

Did anyone experience this before? I'm currently week 13. I'm still experience Ms symptoms, vomiting 2 times/day (am n evening) and feeling giddy/tired through the week. Already like this since past few weeks.

But Last night about midnight i woke up suddenly feeling giddy like the room was spinning. (While lying in bed) it happened for about 5 mins or so. Also felt Abit breathless so I focused on breathing n drifted back to sleep.

First time this has happened to me.
I'm also feeling giddy more frequently since start of week 13. Esp when walking, easily get the giddy spells..

hi all, am new here. Also having a July 2016 baby. just like to find out any mummies out there suffering from acid reflux which causes frequent vomiting (avg 1-2 times daily, can go up to 4/5 times). any remedies to recommend?

hi all, am new here. Also having a July 2016 baby. just like to find out any mummies out there suffering from acid reflux which causes frequent vomiting (avg 1-2 times daily, can go up to 4/5 times). any remedies to recommend?
Which week Are you in now? For me was very bad from week 10-12, at first I took ms and reflux medication , then I decided to just bear with the symptoms. Taking small bites n sips of hot water help. I tried ginger tea not sure if it works for me, but other mummies recommend it.

At week 13+, my ms symptoms seem to have reduced greatly since yesterday and today. Hopefully the ms peak is over for me.

But I've been feeling more signs of giddyness (some mummies also felt the same).

And today I felt more 'cramps' than ever, since this am. I wonder if other mummies have this? Is it of any concern?

Which week Are you in now? For me was very bad from week 10-12, at first I took ms and reflux medication , then I decided to just bear with the symptoms. Taking small bites n sips of hot water help. I tried ginger tea not sure if it works for me, but other mummies recommend it.

At week 13+, my ms symptoms seem to have reduced greatly since yesterday and today. Hopefully the ms peak is over for me.

But I've been feeling more signs of giddyness (some mummies also felt the same).

And today I felt more 'cramps' than ever, since this am. I wonder if other mummies have this? Is it of any concern?

Am Week 13 today. MS has been bothering me since week 8/9 and has gotten worse. hopefully yesterday was the end of the peak for me as well.

I also experience slight cramping (actually more of like a squeezing feeling) in the lower abdomen. i think it is the uterus expanding so long no spotting/bleeding should be ok.

Hello mummies-to-be!

My EDD is mid-July. I just know my results and I'm joining the blue team. :)

@redval, I'm also not gaining weight. In fact lost a bit of weight. Got to start eating more meals.. ;)

Has anyone done any shopping already? Seems like we have quite a fair bit of things to do.. :D

@kitty16, I am also looking for pregnancy safe products .. I was using the usual products yesterday to clean the toilet and I saw lots of red dots on both my hands.. Think allergy reaction which is quite unusual .. got me worried for a while

@Cloverseed I'm not sure any organic products for toilet, so far I have change my dishwasher to bio home brand which is make of natural ingredients.

I'm gaining weight steadily. Cloverseed, you will slowly gain some weight too.

I'm a cream/oil person so the moment I knew I have bfp I already switched to anti stretch mark ones. Prior to that I always slap loads of body cream after shower. I know stretch marks can be genetic. To me is let God decides already haha but at least the cream can ease the itch and the looks of the marks, if any.

I am in team blue!

Oh and I have bought milk bottles, milk warmer, thermometer. My sis bought clothes for my bb but gender neutral cos we didn't know the gender then. But now no need to buy already, can inherit all the hand me downs from my sis and my sil cos the boy genes too strong in the family...

@redvel, how much weight have you gained? I think I kinda lost weight.. Haven't been eating well too. Are you taking 6 meals a day? Could you share the brands of products that you are using ? I'm using palmer's trial bottle..

@EugeniaL, welcome to the blue team!

Last edited:
Pink Team :
Eileenyoyo
redvel
mistycloud
gan1972
lov3s

Blue Team :
3p1m
verluv
changy
emk
Eugenial
cloverseed

Cloverseed, my prepreg was 52.x. At first trime I dropped 3kg. Now entering 2nd trime although still under prepreg, at least I'm at now 51.x.

I can't really snack (except potatoes chips :p ) but I find I start to eat more at each meal. Find a chore to eat like 6 small meals though. If your doc is not worried about your weight loss (which I'm pretty sure you'll gain some later part), then you don't have to worry much.

I like varieties so my bath and cream items are always well stocked up. I've been switching around (apply twice a day diligently) clarins tonic oil, Palmer one, Mothercare cream, bio oil, shea butter (which I mix with jojoba oil), etc. I really don't mind the oils on my body.

Hi everyone,

I need some help.
Does any of you stay at west and is using part time cleaner?
I need to look for a reliable part time cleaner to help with my housework, every monday and friday afternoon.

Greatly appreciated!

@redvel, glad to know I'm not the only one that lost weight . My doctor isn't too concerned that I lose weight . He advised me to eat 6 small meals which I didn't quite follow; I still take the usual 3 meals.

Will start to apply the cream diligently! :)

Do u ladies sleep on your side or still lie flat? Tried sleeping on my left last night and I feel so tired today. My shoulders feel so tired now... how to do it for the next 6mths?

@hell0panda, I try to sleep on my left these days but not used to it. Sometimes I will still turn to my right . You can try placing a bolster behind your back. I do that and it feels more comfortable

Last edited:
Now I can still sleep back flat since tummy not heavy yet. But I'm more of a side sleeper all along. However I do miss sleeping on my tummy. I miss sleeping like in frog position :p

Cloverseed you mentioned about shopping... No have done zero except for my own maternity clothes but mostly passed down. Even baby stuff will be mostly passed down too. Don't intend to spend too much on items that bb or me will outgrow quickly.

But there are surely still essentials that need to be stocked up. Not too keen of baby fair (crowd!) so will leisurely buy at kaki bukit perhaps end of 2nd trime before I get heavier.

Hello Mummies,
I'm new here !! EDD is around 8 July 2016..
Just get to know I've this little fellow inside me... so I guess I'm in the blue team :)
Can I join the fb group too? ;)

@kitty16, I am also looking for pregnancy safe products .. I was using the usual products yesterday to clean the toilet and I saw lots of red dots on both my hands.. Think allergy reaction which is quite unusual .. got me worried for a while

I saw at Ntuc and bought an organic (plant based) multi purpose cleaner. Am using it with a piece of mind. Of cos not as powerful as the normal cleaning agents but still alright. There should be more options at Ntuc finest or other organic shops.

Last edited:
@redvel, I haven't start shopping too. Don't intent to buy maternity clothings for now. Hopefully, my loose clothes can last me for a while. Don't see any nice maternity clothings. We could arrange to shop together with the rest of the mummies! :)

@Angeal, welcome to the blue team :) you just learnt about your pregnancy?

@kitty16, I will look out for plant-based cleaner solution. Will stay away from cleaning for now.. Don't want to have another allergy reaction

Do you all have some kind of 'schedule' to eat your pills and supplements? I still cannot down all these I'm supposed to take.

- duphaston (still taking for another week)
- aspirin ( taking to prevent high bp later part of the pregnancy)
- multi vit
- fish oil
- calcium (cannot eat within 2 hours of multi vit)
- morning sickness pills (I still have bad ms)
- reflux/gastric pills (whenever I need )

I find that taking the multi vit makes me even more sick. 'Bleh'

I just did some shopping at Vivo. I don't really like maternal-maternity clothes but Zara and mango sometimes have loose dresses and blouses perfect for us. Got those that can be worn post preg too.

I really dislike the pill popping routine too. But doc always reminds me "bo bian...for the sake of your bb".

I also feel lousy right after taking the pills. I always tell myself don't eat too full a meal so that I can stomach the pills. All these taken twice a day except for multivit which is thrice a day which sometimes I get lazy or too full I have to skip one pill.

Multivit
Iron
Calcium
DHA
Duphaston
Fruit extract (once a nite only)

I'm not capable of swallowing all at one go so usually 2-3 pills right after breakie, then the rest at mid morn. Likewise the rest will be after dinner and some before bed.

Hi Redvel and kitty16,

may i know when do you start on all the extra pills such as multi vitamins and etc? Did your all get from your doc?
I thought of going GNC to buy as my friend recommended that the GNC brand she has no constipation when she took them.

Thanks

@j_snow my gynae is kinda different from the rest. I started all these right at the moment I visited him about week 5.

Going to pharmacy direct definitely can save some $. But hubby prefers to get everything from doc as doc knows best what my body needs despite they cost more.

I suggest for you to talk to your doc on what you and your baby need before self medicate.

Last edited:
My doctor prescribed the following
- multi- vitamins (once a day, day time)
- fish oil (once a day, night time)
- calcium (once a day, night time)

I'm taking folic acid as well.

Seems like kinda little compared to the rest? :)

@j_snow my gynae is kinda different from the rest. I started all these right at the moment I visited him about week 5.

Going to pharmacy direct definitely can save some $. But hubby prefers to get everything from doc as doc knows best what my body needs despite they cost more.

I suggest for you to talk to your doc on what you and your baby need before self medicate.

Thanks for the advice!

My doc says I need to up my pill intake (when he started to increase dosage) as he says my bb is getting bigger.

Actually I don't really eat a balance diet. I find my diet is very low in iron, protein, calcium as sometimes I just live by bread whole day. And fish oil is so important too for brain development. So I just pop whatever doc prescribes me for peace of mind.

But if you eat very balance and well, I think you'll just need enough dosage will do.

@Cloverseed yea I have start using anti stretch cream, initially I try bio oil but allergic to it and got rashes all over my tummy. Went to see GP but they can't give me any cream because all are too strong for pregnant lady. So I wait for it to recover naturally. Now I start using cocoa body butter,so far so good.

Hi,

Since my last MC, this is my second pregnancy. Wld like to ask if u girls think that it is useful to go for antenatal classes. Also, not sure if anyone can add me to the FB page. Thanks!

Hi,

Since my last MC, this is my second pregnancy. Wld like to ask if u girls think that it is useful to go for antenatal classes. Also, not sure if anyone can add me to the FB page. Thanks!
I went but couldnt remember a single thing. But for those who are good students, they may be able to remember.

Heh also never thought of attending antenatal classes nor take maternity studio shots. Me and hubby didn't even take wedding studio shots.

I'm sure parents instinct will guide us along the way.

Hi,

I went before but dun remember a single thing about breathing during delivery ....taking care, will come naturally I felt

Anyone getting baby cot? Can advise what to lookout for baby cot.. Thanks

I bought a second hand cot coz it was cheaper and replaced with a brand new latex mattress. You may want to check out the common mattresses size as a guide for the kind of cot to buy so you can replace the mattress easily for future uses also.

Like most cots, mine can be used up to a few years old. and I chose solid wood for stability. Thought that I can resell in future but this baby of mine likes to chew on the sides like a squirrel. :/

Back