2016/07 July babies

I thought I am the only one sensitive to shower foam smell. I even forced my hubby to use my daughter's shower foam coz that is the only smell I can take now.

Hi ilovetulipe, What shower foam is that? I'm also very sensitive to smell. A lot of shower foam smell is not working for me

if we skip Oscar test, the scanning at 20wk still can tell us the down syndrome result, is it?

Would that be too late to take action by that time, 20wk (touch wood)?

Hello papalee.

20weeks detailed scan is mainly to scan for any birth defects. It can spot DS but I'm not sure how detailed and definitive it can be compared to tests offered at earlier stage like OSCAR and Harmony, etc. Similarly, if there is DS symptoms detected then, you'll likely be offered invasive test to further confirm which is up to the parents to take it up.

Touch wood but it depends what's your plan B if a baby is tested positive. If your intention is to keep regardless, it really doesn't matter when the parents know. However if it's the other way, I'm sure knowing earlier makes a lot of difference.

Last edited:
Coming wk 11 . Nausea has subsided dramatically , but this major bloatedness is driving me nuts. Only ate half a sandwich and bloat like as though I have not gone to the toilet fr 3days.
Anyone experiencing major bloatedness and sluggish intestines?

if we skip Oscar test, the scanning at 20wk still can tell us the down syndrome result, is it?

Would that be too late to take action by that time, 20wk (touch wood)?

Yes by 20weeks it will be too high risk to take actions if the baby is ds.
Usually between 12-15 weeks there's a "thickening" in the baby neck that can identify the "level" and " percentage" of ds.

That's where the ultra sound personnel will usually scan and measure them.
And the nose bridge fr signs of ds and lips too as indications and sign of cleft lips.

Coming wk 11 . Nausea has subsided dramatically , but this major bloatedness is driving me nuts. Only ate half a sandwich and bloat like as though I have not gone to the toilet fr 3days.

That's very good.
For me also subsiding and my appetite is definitely improving. But I'm still losing weight (I think because I'm suffering from insomnia now).

Bfp is making me more constipated and all those multivitamins can also contribute to it. Unfortunately, I never have the luxury to be able to go #2 on daily basis (super rare). Now I'm depending on fruit extract pills to help me along.

Yes, I experienced the same thing as you. 11 weeks. But mine is worse, as I've had running nose and fever. Currently, taking the anti-biotics that my GP has prescribed me which is safe for pregnancy.

I think it's around that price. Both times I had a scan so came back with a picture ;) mine is also very fast, I'm okay with it as both my husband and I feel that our OB is very confident and knows what he is advising.

I didn't ask for any vitamins as OB says folic acid is sufficient for now. Only requested for anti nausea pills so was given a month's supply till my next appt :)

There's such thing as anti nausea pill?? I am so nauseous every night especially after dinner. How come my ms not subsiding....

There's such thing as anti nausea pill?? I am so nauseous every night especially after dinner. How come my ms not subsiding....

Have! I was given a month's supply. The downside is will make me drowsy after taking. I try not to take it unless it's really bad then I'll take..

anyone seeing Dr AL Lim from TMC? this is my #2, already very stress thinking of next year with a 2 years old toddler and a newborn. And the morning sickness make things worse.
hope to find some support here!!! :) have a smooth preg everyone!!

Hi All!

Hope everyone is doing well? I've added those that have PM me personally. I seldom check back here and if I'm too slow in my replies do add me on facebook at [email protected] and I'll add u on to the group ok?

Take care mummies!!

anyone seeing Dr AL Lim from TMC? this is my #2, already very stress thinking of next year with a 2 years old toddler and a newborn. And the morning sickness make things worse.

@BabyHorse i'm kinda stressed out too. Next year my #2 will be 1 year old and i'lll be with a newborn! And I get no help at nights gahhhhhh

I had but I try to take only if I really cannot hold it anymore as that pills do make us very drowsy . My gynae advise is to take at night to sleep better and cure insomnia too.

Totally understand . From one to two is really a different ball game.

I'll have a 9yrs old, a 6yrs old and a 3yrs old to handle next year plus a newborn and all
Of them are on different emotional , interest and " homework" level.
So my mind have to switch from
Primary 3 mode to newborn mode.

I am definitely going to drop the idea of total breastfeeding and mix my express bm and formula feed . Easier for both me and the father as we both can take turns .

I had but I try to take only if I really cannot hold it anymore as that pills do make us very drowsy . My gynae advise is to take at night to sleep better and cure insomnia too.

I have taken it but yet to try as I feel my nausea level still can be cured with food for now. The pill sounds like can knock out totally hahaha! But I sleep a lot. Like every hour I have to eat then next hour I feel like sleeping...

I have a question. I was originally taking 5mg folic acid and nothing else. After yesterday's check, the doctor started prescibing prenatal multi vitamins and calcium pills. Pharmacists told me that I need not continue with my folic acid intake as the multivit would have traces of folic acid. I don't recall Doctor asking me to stop folic acid. What's your views?

@KWL I remember I also stop taking folic acid when I'm given the multi vits. It seems like the multi vits has sufficient folic acid that we requires..

Reactions: KWL
@BabyHorse i'm kinda stressed out too. Next year my #2 will be 1 year old and i'lll be with a newborn! And I get no help at nights gahhhhhh
@monsterbaby same here. #1 is 1 yr old next yr too. I'm a sahm. I duno how to handle both kids together without anyone helping me. Just hope for the best and try not to stress too much. Think how we feel now will affect the baby inside us.

Last edited:
I have a question. I was originally taking 5mg folic acid and nothing else. After yesterday's check, the doctor started prescibing prenatal multi vitamins and calcium pills. Pharmacists told me that I need not continue with my folic acid intake as the multivit would have traces of folic acid. I don't recall Doctor asking me to stop folic acid. What's your views?

My current multivit is coupled with separate folic acid pills but from next week onwards my gynae will be upgrading me to another multivit which he says I can then stop the folic since the latter has sufficient FA. I guess it depends how much mg of FA your multivit has.

If you're concerned, maybe can give your doc a call?

Reactions: KWL
Durian season seems to be back for abit this December. I craved for it so much 2 nights ago and I had a blast savouring it. And I feel like 2nd round tonight. Worried about sugar level but since that's all I can think about now and i need to gain back some weight, I think just whack.

Anyone craving for durians?

@JAPL don't worry babe. U shld be able to hear heartbeat in week 8 :) I also hope to be able to hear heartbeat during my next appt in end dec. I will be 9 weeks by then. I did ultrasound.. do ensure u have a full bladder before going for the scan so that u will be able to see the bb clearly.
Hi Hi, I have seen e doc! So happy.and relieved to see e heartbeat! The doc said excellent! I Can stop e hormones pill.N jus continue folic acid. Was introduced to do Oscar (350$) at week 12 or e special.bld test( $1000++) to be sent overseas can check for a lot of disorders including sex of baby at week 10. Most likely.doing Oscar cuz doc said.I'm still young. =) and for now, we gt e same due date !

Durian season seems to be back for abit this December. I craved for it so much 2 nights ago and I had a blast savouring it. And I feel like 2nd round tonight. Worried about sugar level but since that's all I can think about now and i need to gain back some weight, I think just whack.

Anyone craving for durians?
Me.....had durian today!

Hi to all mtb, have you all start to look for confinement lady? Anyone use PEM agency service before ?

Mummies feeling really crappy today... headache with ms... have no appettie for anything... T.T really hope that 1st trimester will quickly pass...

PEM is one of the better ones but it also all boils down to the individual CL. Surely good to get a recommended one which I already have in mind. However I'm still unsure if I'm getting a CL or get own kins' help. KIV.

After couple of rounds of durians, I need to stop as starting to feel heaty as I've also been gobbling down packets of dried mango which is just as heaty. No more for now.

@verluv, Sprite very shiok right? Very beginning I was also craving for it (I was never really a soda person before). Now I just crave for nice hot tea.

2-3more weeks before I can welcome 2nd trime. Hope our MS symptoms will be toggled off by then.

Is there any thing we should ask/look out for when we finding confinement lady? Do we need to interview her first?

when is counted as 2nd trim??? baby is 12wks exactly today. so this is my 12th week? or 13th? lol this is confusing.

im still feeling mild MS cant wait for it to go awayyyyyy.

I don't think there is an pre meet up arrangement. Call PEM, book a CL and the one assigned will turn up on that day you need her. Unless you already know who you want and specify her (and provided she is available). Otherwise it's totally random. But so far all my closed friends booked by recommendation so maybe I'm not totally correct :p

End first trime : some say 13weeks but I go by 14 weeks. I won't tell my family until I hit 14 (my past bfps never crossed more than 13 so it's just my personal benchmark).

Depending on CL, some would collect a small deposit beforehand. I met my previous one when she collected a $200 deposit from me.

For PEM, they would arrange to meet you at your house to collect deposit and run through their T&C with you after you have booked their service. They would try to sell your their herbs and massage package too.

Based on my experience, good to call early as CL get booked very early. In fact my preferred one is not available even I called her at week 6!

For me, me and my husband decided to go for a maid. Then what i did was i ordered confinement meals instead. I heard that some confinement ladies are good, some actually give you problems...thus its good to have referrals instead... :)

when is counted as 2nd trim??? baby is 12wks exactly today. so this is my 12th week? or 13th? lol this is confusing.

im still feeling mild MS cant wait for it to go awayyyyyy.

It seems they say 14 weeks then ms will disappear... crossing hand

Hi mommies. I'm expecting #2 baby, due on July 21st. Currently on my 11th week but ms still quite bad. Would like to join fb group if there is any. Pls add me in? Thanks

Yecarg - Babycenter takes 2nd trimester to start from wk 13. It depends which source you look at, they all vary. For me, I like to look at the earliest one, because it lifts my spirits to think that this dreaded ms will soon be over, though it lasted till wk 23 for me when I had #1.

Can anyone share what the market rate for a CL is now? I had #2 six yrs ago, and it was only $1.8 k back then. Heard the rate has gone up a lot since then.

Yes! Frequent toilet visits sucks! I couldn't have a good night sleep cos I'll be gg to the toilet periodically. . And I didn't even drink much before bedtime!

But hubby asks me not to stop drinking water otherwise the baby will dehydrate from my frequent visits to the toilet.. seriously.. haha..
I also have similar problem and I asked my gynae, he said just drank when i wanted. BB inside needs more fluid. I know it's not easy to go toilet twice a night and then go back to sleep. I am super light sleeper.

I am slowly beginning to be able to swallow more "flavorful"food .although anything that has garlic ,soy sauce,Charsiew sauce and those fishy smell puts me off still.
I notice this pregnancy I tend to fall off abit more hair and it started the min I realised I am expecting at wk 4. Hopefully it will end soon!
Anyone experiencing this too?

And I count my baby gender with the cycle and the "timing" so far we were right for no2 and 3.
Every pregnancy the ms is so different and the gender doesn't coherent at all with the so called gender.
Hi, himawari, I had bad food adversion which i can only eat veg, fruit and plain cracker for about a month. No meat!!!
I did notice my hair dropped more before my pregnancy but my hairs also growing. Checked with my gynae yesterday, he said as long as my hairs grow, should be fine. My hair loss is mostly likely becos i could not eat any meat and protein. Not sure for ur case but hope this helps.

I had more night sickness, don't really dare to take dinner these days. Some days feel so miserable just feel like crying all night long. Today my MS seems to start from now.. :(

Same, my evening sickness is worse. Gynae said the word of morning sickness is wrong, evening sickness is more common and worse:(

Back