2016/05 ( May) babies

Hi all. I just tested positive two days ago, so I expect my Edd to be end may? it's my first time and I'm terribly excited. I really hope I can find the support and information I'll need with all of you here =)

I had a chemical pregnancy last month, which was conceived through ivf. So when I discovered i was pregnant last week using hpt, I thought it was impossible, considering I've married for almost 9 years and in late 30s w no luck in natural conception. Only yday i went down Kkh 24 hr clinic to check for a spotting that the doc managed to scan out a sac with something in it. I'm still very worried given that I've few miscarriages and no kids. can only hope and pray.
Hi dear...have your spotting stops? Did they gave you the jab?

Hi there..so uncomfortable ya. I can't sleep soundly due to the bloatedness. Have you make your first gynae appointment?

I'm having bloated feeling.constantly burping and when I can't burp I feel a bit sick in the tummy. It's like a mixture of bloat and hungry.. not sure if im hungry but when I see food I don't feel like eating.

During working hours I feel so sleepy like I can sleep any moment and I have low concentration. Just wish to sleep.

I Don think I have morning sickness hehe.. not sure how it's like yet. Now I'm 5 weeks my #1.

Anybody with the same scenario as me? Doc estimates me to be at 6weeks based on my LMP, but when we did the ultrasound yesterday, he mentioned that he only found a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny sac which couldn't put me at 6 weeks pregnant. I've only 2 possibilities - 1 - I ovulated late and could be only 2 - 3 weeks pregnant or 2 - this is not a good pregnancy and I may encounter miscarriage within the next 1 to 2 weeks. I've done a blood test yesterday, and will be heading back on wednesday to check the hcG count before we can conclude... :(

Don't worry. Keep positive mind and take folic acid. Hope that it is the first case which is later ovulation. Take the blood test and be patient :)

I'm having bloated feeling.constantly burping and when I can't burp I feel a bit sick in the tummy. It's like a mixture of bloat and hungry.. not sure if im hungry but when I see food I don't feel like eating.

During working hours I feel so sleepy like I can sleep any moment and I have low concentration. Just wish to sleep.

I Don think I have morning sickness hehe.. not sure how it's like yet. Now I'm 5 weeks my #1.
I seldom burp but passing out air instead often. Too many wind and gassy. I was advised to take smaller meals but make it frequent. Some days my appetite is good and some days I can't even think and look for food. Feel and understand what you going through.

Hello all mummies to be!
Been tcc for a year, 3mths clomid (neg), 3mths letzorole(neg) and did hsg scan in kkh.
Stopped medication for a mth and ta da... I got my precious Positive on wed. :)
Went to polyclinic to cfm and yes... estimate 7 weeks by urine test and last menses cycle.
I jut booked my apt with DR Wong at admiralty gynea link. Hopefully I am able to see my bean safe in my uterus tml...

Hello all mummies to be!
Been tcc for a year, 3mths clomid (neg), 3mths letzorole(neg) and did hsg scan in kkh.
Stopped medication for a mth and ta da... I got my precious Positive on wed. :)
Went to polyclinic to cfm and yes... estimate 7 weeks by urine test and last menses cycle.
I jut booked my apt with DR Wong at admiralty gynea link. Hopefully I am able to see my bean safe in my uterus tml...
Congratulation Jess, we seeing the same gynae. :)

I seldom burp but passing out air instead often. Too many wind and gassy. I was advised to take smaller meals but make it frequent. Some days my appetite is good and some days I can't even think and look for food. Feel and understand what you going through.

Uh oh... I felt sick in my tummy thi's morning and I was confused if it was motion sickness or morning sickness. I went to puke before lunch and It felt so good.

Thank you... I hope it's a successful pregnancy.
Btw how is Dr Wong? Have you did your scan? Can see if only 6 -7 weeks?
I hope it all goes well to all of us in this group :) I did the scan at week 6 n c nothing, he only advise to go back after 2 weeks. He is ok.. Willing to answer ur question n quite a detailed person. But I only seen him few times only..

Hi all, this is my first time in this chat grp..

I was also tested positive n in my 4th week now..can anyone advise me when will be my edd?

If u gals dont mind..can i also join the fb grp pls?

Hi all, this is my first time in this chat grp..

I was also tested positive n in my 4th week now..can anyone advise me when will be my edd?

If u gals dont mind..can i also join the fb grp pls?

Hi paranoid u can msg me your Facebook email address so that I can add u in to the fbeach grp

I have not felt morning sickness yet but my dr did mention can get sea band to help with the morning sickness. I bought mine from qoo10. Also, my prenatals has ginger.

Thanks for recommending the sea band . My husband has just ordered online now waiting for the delivery . I can't wait to try the band , these few days my nausea got worsen :eek:

Congrats ! My #1 too.. Nervous n excited but I have yet to go to a doctor.. So trying not to get overwhelmed. Base on online calculation, I should be 4-5weeks
Have not experience much discomfort except for sore boobs and cramps on/off.. I do wake up with dizzy spells but it clears up in a bit.
Keep feeling hungry, however can't eat big portion. Feel bloated half way eating

Hi congrats to you too ! :) ugh tell me.about it . The first few weeks I kept feeling hungry but after that I lost my appetite somehow due to the constant nausea I've been feeling recently . Morning is the worst , as I also feel this dizzy spells . Realised because of my low blood sugar it make me feel worst . Have you been feeling heart burn too ? Sometimes whenever after meals I would experience heart burn . Not sure is it because hard to digest the food or what

Would any mummies have like cramps-like on the left side of your abdomen? It is not consistent nor everyday but when it comes, it is like as if someone punched you and press on the "blue black" real hard.

Ive not experienced this during my first pregnancy. So kinda worried. My gynae appointment is only in late october.

There is a facebook group for 2016 Mummies and Daddies that does a lot of giveaways for baby stuff. The last giveaway was a SUPER NICE sleep suit!

They are going for another big giveaway when they reach the next members milestone. Do pm me your facebook email so that I can add you to the group!

Who knows, maybe next time they have playmats and baby carriers!

hello, is my first time posting here!
im a first time mum.. just got to know im pregnant for 6 to 7 weeks..
will be seeing gynae in sgh on oct 22! :)
i dont have much morning sickness except keep having tummy pain, izzit cause the uterus is expanding?
and so far no spotting or bleeding seen so im in good hands so far right?

Hi mummies,
I'm currently 8w3d pregnant, EDD is 5 May 2016.

I just had a miscarriage in June this year so I'm constantly worried in this pregnancy. I hope to get some support and assurance for this pregnancy in this group :)

Hopefully the first trimester will be over soon as I'm also experiencing pretty bad MS. My #1 girl is now two years old.

Hi mummies to be,

New in this thread...my Edd is mid may...my long waited #1...went for a scan on 6w+1d..only saw a sac...read online it does happen n that 5-6w main focus is to rule out ectopic pregnancy n to see a sac intrauterine...but many also observe hb during 6w...any sharings or advices?will appreciate it....:D

Hi mummies to be,

New in this thread...my Edd is mid may...my long waited #1...went for a scan on 6w+1d..only saw a sac...read online it does happen n that 5-6w main focus is to rule out ectopic pregnancy n to see a sac intrauterine...but many also observe hb during 6w...any sharings or advices?will appreciate it....:D

Hi! Did u do a pelvic scan or transvaginal scan? I know some mummies are against transvaginal scan but I did that for every pregnancy as sometimes the baby is too small to have a heartbeat detected through a pelvic scan. It also depends on Ur gynae's equipment.

Hi! Did u do a pelvic scan or transvaginal scan? I know some mummies are against transvaginal scan but I did that for every pregnancy as sometimes the baby is too small to have a heartbeat detected through a pelvic scan. It also depends on Ur gynae's equipment.

Did both pelvic n transvaginal scan.
I wld say the scan was blurry...I was trying hard to catch wat I saw...:rolleyes:

My doc did not say anything negative,his comments was "so far so good,still early"....tt's at least the assuring part...but the wait to the next appt is the nerve racking part...:D

Im thinking of requesting a hcg bt this week to check the levels out...

Last edited:
Congrats to all mummy's to be!!! A beautiful experience awaits all of us.. I am expecting my 1st!!! excited.... My EDD is 10 may 2016.. Hi, how do i join the closed group chat...

Hi all, I just got my BFP 2 days ago. Been trying for #2 for close to a year and #1 is close to 2.5yrs old now. Both hb and I are very happy to see the BFP...thought I wld never see it again after taking med, seeing gynae and doing all sorts of tests.

Based on my LMP, my edd should be 31 May 2016...seeing gynae on 5 Oct! Feeling very paranoid....so I cant wait to see my gynae next week. My gynae is Dr Ho at Mt A. Anyone else seeing him too? :)

Oh, Shirlynnler, I have PM you my FB email. Pls add me into the May 2016 Mummies group plse. Thanks! :)

Hi mummies to be,

Congratulations! MonkeyChick, maybe you ovulate at a later date. As long there is no spotting or cramps and you have the preggy symptoms it should be fine. Mine was able to detect heartbeat at week 6. Some even at week 7 and 8. Keep those positive vibes strong. By your next appointment, you should be able to see your lil beanie and the heartbeat as well. Rest well, eat well and stay stress free unnecessarily.

Did both pelvic n transvaginal scan.
I wld say the scan was blurry...I was trying hard to catch wat I saw...:rolleyes:

My doc did not say anything negative,his comments was "so far so good,still early"....tt's at least the assuring part...but the wait to the next appt is the nerve racking part...:D

Im thinking of requesting a hcg bt this week to check the levels out...
I agreed some scan machine are not sharp enough to capture the pic. But transvaginal scan should be able to see it unless you ovulate at a later date.

Hi all, I just got my BFP 2 days ago. Been trying for #2 for close to a year and #1 is close to 2.5yrs old now. Both hb and I are very happy to see the BFP...thought I wld never see it again after taking med, seeing gynae and doing all sorts of tests.

Based on my LMP, my edd should be 31 May 2016...seeing gynae on 5 Oct! Feeling very paranoid....so I cant wait to see my gynae next week. My gynae is Dr Ho at Mt A. Anyone else seeing him too? :)

Oh, Shirlynnler, I have PM you my FB email. Pls add me into the May 2016 Mummies group plse. Thanks! :)
Congratulations sleepyskies.

Hi everyone, I'm a first time mummy. Went for scan last week and am now about 5 weeks preggy. EDD on 30 May. Am so nervous and this is all still sinking in... Praying all goes well. :)

I just went for my first gynae visit last sat but like what I suspect I ovulate late so my baby is only 5 weeks can only see the water bag. Will be seeing my gynae again in three weeks time. My gynae asked me if I want to do the vaginal scan but I told her not to. Don't want to risk the possibility of miscarriage. I will just wait for the baby to grow bigger before we do the scan again! =) Hoping everything goes well for the first trimester.

Hi All MTBs,

I am about 6 weeks 3 days today. Went for the 1st u/s when I was 5 weeks 3 days (I thought I was 6 weeks along) and we could see the gestational sac, gynae said its too early to see anything yet and schedule me for another u/s this Thursday. Hoping that this Thursday's visit will be a good one! Had a missed miscarriage in March 2015 and am a little apprehensive this time around.

So far, my symptoms are mild breast tenderness, bloating, backache, increase appetite..

Sending good vibes to everyone in here! :)

Hi everyone, I'm a first time mummy. Went for scan last week and am now about 5 weeks preggy. EDD on 30 May. Am so nervous and this is all still sinking in... Praying all goes well. :)

Hi GLORYM!
Did you went for the vaginal or abdominal u/s?

Congratulations! MonkeyChick, maybe you ovulate at a later date. As long there is no spotting or cramps and you have the preggy symptoms it should be fine. Mine was able to detect heartbeat at week 6. Some even at week 7 and 8. Keep those positive vibes strong. By your next appointment, you should be able to see your lil beanie and the heartbeat as well. Rest well, eat well and stay stress free unnecessarily.

Staying hopeful...Im scheduled for a 8w scan...hopefully will see the tiny flickering hb then...:D...waiting for that precious moment...

Hi i have been stalking this thread since last Mon when I tested positive. This will be #2 and this is entirely different from #1. With #1, I was very very sick from wk 5 but I don't feel anything this pregnancy. I felt a little nauseous a couple days ago but since then nothing. I am very very worried. Going for gynae apptmt on Thurs. Will be 6 wk 1 day then.

Staying hopeful...Im scheduled for a 8w scan...hopefully will see the tiny flickering hb then...:D...waiting for that precious moment...
Hi MonkeyChick

Our situation is somewhat similar. I too thought that I was 6 weeks along until I went for the scan, which showed 5 wks 3 days. I was puzzled cos I know when I ovulated.. and then it struck me! The usual online calculator is based on 28 days cycle. If you know your average cycle length, may I suggest this website: http://www.justmommies.com/duedate.shtml

Back