2016/01 Jan Babies

Why not just tell him that you havent been well? I don't think you are good to have any chili crab now either...
Yeah I guess so but in any case I've told him it's not possible to meet but I didn't give any reasons. Thanks for your reply! :)

Hi, any mum to be done your oscar test? Mind sharing how the procedure like? Thanks.
hi Maggie760,
Oscar test consist of blood test as well as scan. The result is is tabulated based on probability.The wait is not long less than a week.. u shld know if you are high risk.
However , Oscar has often have false positive as the result skew towards positive with maternal age. And it's like 1:200 chances ..you need gynea to interpret the result.. :(

Nowadays, gynea will recommend more accurate test as such harmony test to avoid unnecessary anxiety.

Hi mommies, i just did a pregnancy test and realized im pregnant! however 1 month back when i tested it was negative, i took a chicken pox vaccine as i came into contact with a relative that had. now that i realize im pregnant im very worried. anyone with good advise? this is my 2nd one

Hi macam,
don't worry too much... do you experience any bleeding ? normally if the baby is not growing well , our body will reject ..If nothing much.. I guess if you do all the necessary tests esp genetic scan for abnormality in growth...baby shld be just fine.

Think positive ;) take care...There is nothing much you can do to reverse time.

Hey girls, has anyone started looking for confinement lady? Any idea what are the rates for CNY? i just called one and she quoted $4200. She requested days off from CNY eve to CNY day 3 so she can go back to Malaysia. I don't think that is unreasonable, but she said the rate will remain the same. Not gonna be pro rated and the service period will not be extended by another 4 days. Is that the usual practice?
You can try calling Nanny agency PEM, i engage nanny thru them. The price quite reasonable

Hi need your counsel mummies :) I've a friend visiting from overseas but we are not that close and he's asking to meet me either Saturday or Sunday for chilli crab. I dunno what's a good excuse to reject him since he's coming all the way from London and invited me out. But I'm feeling extremely nauseous and haven't been out much so I really don't think I wanna go out and entertain. Please advice what can I give as an excuse? But I don't wanna overly lie or say I'm overseas so how? I'm in such a dilemma...
If i were u i will tell him your good news .... at least is more reasonable for u to reject .... tell him to keep it to himself cos u need to go thru some test then decide to tell other friend

Yesterday, 11weeks 4 days do a scan, baby is 4.6cm. May i know when the second trimester start huh? I very confused with the internet. Yesterday forgot to ask doc. thanks.

Yesterday, 11weeks 4 days do a scan, baby is 4.6cm. May i know when the second trimester start huh? I very confused with the internet. Yesterday forgot to ask doc. thanks.
Books say first trimester is until 12 weeks but my gynae told me it's 14 weeks.

Hello mummies to be! So happy to find this forum! My EDD is 23rd jan!

I experienced bleeding around week 5 and doc gave me mc. My job requires me to walk a lot and I'm so worried to go back for work... Feel so worried and paranoid.

Please add me to the fb group too, my email is [email protected]

Thank you!

I've just gone for my first appt. EDD from scan is 8 Feb. But I think most likely end jan still. Anyway this time round I change to Dr Paul Tseng and I'm so happy with the first visit!! He's so super cool and friendly n warm. He also listens to my questions instead of jumping in unlike my first gynae. And he's pro natural. And best of all, he's gonna deal with my keloid from number 1 if I end up c sect again. Haha that's the most impt thing I need to hear.

But now I have a dilemma. I went to Paul Tseng coz I wanna try vbac. I've got a bad keloid scar after my first csect. Just now Dr told me I'm good candidate for VBAC. And when I asked abt my keloid he said if I csect, he will cut away my keloid and give injection and will help me to prevent keloid from forming. Ehhhh like that csect sounds attractive also!!! Haha so natural or csect!! Hmm

Hi mummies to be :)
Three questions I need your help on :
1) I know I'm dehydrated but I dunno why I can't drink too much water... it can't go down; very nauseated and I feel bloated. Any suggestions? Should I drink some coconut water or juice to substitute?
2) where can I buy maternity bras that's wireless and 100% cotton? I bought two online but they're made of synthetic material and I don't find them comfy. The brand I bought was thyme.
3) which brand of shampoo and shower gel is fragrance free? Cos whenever I shampoo or my hubby shampoo I nauseate for hours upon a whiff of that chemical fragrance! :(
Please help! thanks in advance.

But now I have a dilemma. I went to Paul Tseng coz I wanna try vbac. I've got a bad keloid scar after my first csect. Just now Dr told me I'm good candidate for VBAC. And when I asked abt my keloid he said if I csect, he will cut away my keloid and give injection and will help me to prevent keloid from forming. Ehhhh like that csect sounds attractive also!!! Haha so natural or csect!! Hmm
Sorry what's Vbac?

1) I know I'm dehydrated but I dunno why I can't drink too much water... it can't go down; very nauseated and I feel bloated. Any suggestions? Should I drink some coconut water or juice to substitute?

No coconut water as it too cold for womb. May cause mc.
Orange juice is good. But not too much.

2) where can I buy maternity bras that's wireless and 100% cotton? I bought two online but they're made of synthetic material and I don't find them comfy. The brand I bought was thyme

Check Uniqlo

3) which brand of shampoo and shower gel is fragrance free? Cos whenever I shampoo or my hubby shampoo I nauseate for hours upon a whiff of that chemical fragrance! :(

Not so sure abt fragrance free. But I use this brand Timotei which is paraben free.

Hi alls..!

Currently 7 weeks 4 days preg.
Had my 1st appt at 5 weeks & saw the little blinking heart.

Looking for a gynae for my next appt which should be around week 10. Am considering Dr Ben Choey from SBCC Womens Clinic. Or Dr Clifton Chan from Singapore Women Clinic. Both at clementi.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Btw my edd is 02/02/16. Also likely to change to Jan 2016 right?

Hi alls..!

Looking for a gynae for my next appt which should be around week 10. Am considering Dr Ben Choey from SBCC Womens Clinic. Or Dr Clifton Chan from Singapore Women Clinic. Both at clementi.

Yes. Might move earlier Abit

Hello everyone! I'm a new member and I'm at week 9. My Edd is 28 Jan!

I'm having a terrible time because of morning sickness.. Basically I've stayed home for 1 whole month already. :(

Hope to make some friends here and share the joys and woes of pregnancy!

Hello everyone! I'm a new member and I'm at week 9. My Edd is 28 Jan!

I'm having a terrible time because of morning sickness.. Basically I've stayed home for 1 whole month already. :(

Hope to make some friends here and share the joys and woes of pregnancy!
Hi! I'm at week 10 now and the MS is wearing off already. Maybe just tolerate for one more week?

2) where can I buy maternity bras that's wireless and 100% cotton? I bought two online but they're made of synthetic material and I don't find them comfy. The brand I bought was thyme.

Hi @satinekiss

You can try isotonic drinks like 100 plus to hydrate yourself. I add lemon slices to my water to make it taste better. Also, whenever I want a hot drink, I go for peppermint tea or ginger tea.

Don't know much about fragrance free shampoos. But I'm using Bee Choo hair products now. They use herbal and natural ingredients like orange and ginger and peppermint. Smells quite therapeutic to me. You may want to give them a try, as I don't think there's a big variety of fragrance free hair products in Singapore...

Hope this helps! :)

Hi all...can add me into the fb group? edd 20jan2016 with Dr chan kh/ gleneagles

[email protected]
Hello @ccjt !

We are going to the same gynae Dr Chan! My Edd is 28 jan!

Have you done your Oscar test? Dr chan told me he doesn't do Oscar test anymore. He is using a new technology to test for defects and it's a whopping $1,900!

My cousin went to him for his 2 kids. And both times Dr chan said there was no need for an Oscar because he was very confident that the babies will turn out normal... And they did. So I don't know why he is up selling us now

Hi,

I am using John Masters Organic Unscented Shampoo when I first got to know that I am pregnant. Got it due to the raving reviews online.
But after using it for a couple of weeks, I realised I cannot stand the "chemical" smell (there was this weird smell even though it was unscented). Currently I alternate between the John Masters shampoo and Alba Botanica Honeydew shampoo (which smells pretty light and refreshing to me). Go and try whiffing some shampoo, you might find the one that suits you. :)

Hello @ccjt !

Have you done your Oscar test? Dr chan told me he doesn't do Oscar test anymore. He is using a new technology to test for defects and it's a whopping $1,900!

My cousin went to him for his 2 kids. And both times Dr chan said there was no need for an Oscar because he was very confident that the babies will turn out normal... And they did. So I don't know why he is up selling us now

Hi,

I went to Dr Chen LH at Mt A yesterday and he told me I was low risk so should not be too worried. However, he still asked me to make a choice of going for Oscars or Harmony Test (S1300). He said I am required to make a choice for the test for my 12th week. Since we have decided to go for the test for a peace of mind, we opted for the Harmony test, even though it was much more expensive than Oscars.

Did he mentioned why he is recommending the test to you? Is it panorama?

I drink warm diluted ribena almost everyday because I couldn't swallow plain water at room temperature. At least there are some vitamins in it.
I can tolerate shampoos but not soap. So I'm using baby soap now. Haha.

Hi alls..!

Same edd! Congrats to u. Unfortunately I stay ard central so I go to novena medical centre under dr wee horng yen (;

Hello @ccjt !

Hey! I'm also going to Dr Chan kh! Yup. I'm doing the $1900 test this Thursday although I'm below 30 yrs old.

Try drinking 100+ .Coconut water not at this stage. Only in finally tri as it is Liang for the body.

bras - look for nursing bras. Kiddy palace / mother care / marks and spencer.

Hello @ccjt !

hi Vespertine , for my case , i think there is reasons to be concern because i had 3 miscarriages . and my first miscarriage in 2012 , my oscars result was 99% DS, the baby left at 12 weeks. :| For that pregnancy, the heartbeat was weak .. lots of bleeding.

For this pregnancy , i had some bleeding in the early weeks.. but the heart was strong in wk 6/9. His guess is that the bleeding is caused by low lying placenta . I hope that all to bleeding . He could probably, with his experience, tell by observing the signs.

I met him 3 times now and i find that he is very confident in his judgement and also.. very well read. He was telling abt dieting and test results . He very in favor of panorama and more scepticalof harmony test.. he mentioned that there were at least 2 occassions in sg that the sex was wrongly determined.

in any case .. it's $2k! not $1.9k.. still thinking if i should take the test ,given that i am going to keep the baby anyway.

He also does not ask for unnecessay checkup. He told me he is not giving me any homones jab because he thinks that is not going to help. And he didnt ask me to go for checkup as frequent as my last gyna in MT E(Novena).

But i must say his fee is on the high side.. $360 each visit . scan and consulation and dha.

Last edited:
Same edd! Congrats to u. Unfortunately I stay ard central so I go to novena medical centre under dr wee horng yen (;

hi Chiehdances, have you been to Dr Wee? I'm considering going to him too, but a bit expensive. Any feedback that you can share? Thanks! :)

hi Vespertine , for my case , i think there is reasons to be concern because i had 3 miscarriages . and my first miscarriage in 2012 , my oscars result was 99% DS, the baby left at 12 weeks. :| For that pregnancy, the heartbeat was weak .. lots of bleeding.

For this pregnancy , i had some bleeding in the early weeks.. but the heart was strong in wk 6/9. His guess is that the bleeding is caused by low lying placenta . I hope that all to bleeding . He could probably, with his experience, tell by observing the signs.

I met him 3 times now and i find that he is very confident in his judgement and also.. very well read. He was telling abt dieting and test results . He very in favor of panorama and more scepticalof harmony test.. he mentioned that there were at least 2 occassions in sg that the sex was wrongly determined.

in any case .. it's $2k! not $1.9k.. still thinking if i should take the test ,given that i am going to keep the baby anyway.

He also does not ask for unnecessay checkup. He told me he is not giving me any homones jab because he thinks that is not going to help. And he didnt ask me to go for checkup as frequent as my last gyna in MT E(Novena).

But i must say his fee is on the high side.. $360 each visit . scan and consulation and dha.

Hello @ccjt

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. Jiayou!

Actually during my last appt with dr chan, when he started talking about the $1,900 test, I started to feel giddy from hunger pangs (spent 1 hour in the waiting room even though I was punctual). So I didn't ask him why there was a need to do the test, and why my cousin didn't have to.

My hubby was probably just stoning so he didn't ask dr chan as well. :/

Maybe I'll just carry on with the test. Good to have peace of mind after all.

I definitely trust dr chan. After all he delivered my niece and nephew well. I also like that he is a nutritionist.

Maybe I'll see you at his clinic someday! :)

Hey! I'm also going to Dr Chan kh! Yup. I'm doing the $1900 test this Thursday although I'm below 30 yrs old.

Hey! Such a coincidence!

So you won't insist to do the cheaper Oscar test? The nurses told me I'll have a lot of blood withdrawn for the $1,900 test :(

Back