2016/01 Jan Babies

Hello everyone! I'm a new member and I'm at week 9. My Edd is 28 Jan!

I'm having a terrible time because of morning sickness.. Basically I've stayed home for 1 whole month already. :(

Hope to make some friends here and share the joys and woes of pregnancy!

Hi I'm having a trying time too because of morning sickness n other scares and been staying at home a lot too. let's hope things will get better ☺

Hello @ccjt

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. Jiayou!

Actually during my last appt with dr chan, when he started talking about the $1,900 test, I started to feel giddy from hunger pangs (spent 1 hour in the waiting room even though I was punctual). So I didn't ask him why there was a need to do the test, and why my cousin didn't have to.

My hubby was probably just stoning so he didn't ask dr chan as well. :/

Maybe I'll just carry on with the test. Good to have peace of mind after all.

I definitely trust dr chan. After all he delivered my niece and nephew well. I also like that he is a nutritionist.

Maybe I'll see you at his clinic someday! :)
You are in good hands.. ;)

don't need to worry abt drawing blood I am sure someone really experienced will do it. You won't feel a thing..

Hope your MS getting better soon. ;)

Jiayou... We shld be out of T1 soon... ;)

I miss feeling 'normal' pre preg days! Sometimes spiral towards a sea of blues. So hard to cope physically n emotionally! Hard to cope at work too

really? I didn't ask abt how much blood would be drawn. Any idea?

If I recall correctly, it's about 5 vials... The nurse told me to have a full meal before the appointment.. Anyway even if I do faint, at least I'm fainting in front of trained medical staff...

really? I didn't ask abt how much blood would be drawn. Any idea?
Hi mummies, today went for my Oscar test plus harmony testX 5 tube of blood was taken from me. . Hoped to hear from the clinic on the harmony test soon . Oscar test rest was ok except need to confirm my blood pressure for my last pregnancy. Edd 6/1/16.

hi Chiehdances, have you been to Dr Wee? I'm considering going to him too, but a bit expensive. Any feedback that you can share? Thanks! :)
Hello Celia, yes he is quite expensive. I have went to him thrice so far. Very patient and knowledgeable I feel. Ok anw the cost is 100$ for 1st consultation but $80 added for every 10 min extension. His scan(abdominal) is $70. His clinic charges GST and they do not offer package regardless of trimester. He delivers at mt E (orchard n novena) n mt A(; not sure abt TMC though ((;

Last edited:
Hi mummies, today went for my Oscar test plus harmony testX 5 tube of blood was taken from me. . Hoped to hear from the clinic on the harmony test soon . Oscar test rest was ok except need to confirm my blood pressure for my last pregnancy. Edd 6/1/16.
Hi pretty,
oscar test result can know immediately? I having my oscar today. Quite nervous. Hopefully all is good. Do i need to drink water till full bladder?

Hi pretty,
oscar test result can know immediately? I having my oscar today. Quite nervous. Hopefully all is good. Do i need to drink water till full bladder?

Hi Kate,

Yes Oscar is immediately unless bb not cooperate as sonography need a certain angle to measure the neck and nose etc . Gd if bladder is full .

wow 5 tube of blood for harmony test, that's alot. I will faintz.... haha recently due to bad MS and make me keep thinking of bb inside me is it doing well....
get too sleepy and restless at work lately too......

Dear Mummies,

I want to sell my Almost New Combi well comfort stroller @ $250.

- used less than 5 times
- FREE Delivery

Interested please email to :
[email protected]

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Harmony is 99percent accurate. Oscars I think abt 60percent or something. Oscars got more false positive n false negatives. So harmony is more accurate.

Thanks. My gynae mentioned that oscars is 90% accurate. I'm just wondering which one to do. I mean after all cost is also a big factor!

Hi kate

How was ur Oscar test ?
My blood test not out yet, but the doc who scan me say the blood test may not accurate, as my vanishing twin still quite big beside my baby, however, my result is not tat good. Can see the nasal bone but the thickness of the neck fluid is 2.6mm which is higher than the acceptable range 2.5mm. Doc say my ratio is 1:206, low risk is 1:300, so i consider high risk for down. May need to do amino test, doc ask me to consider it, but my hubby not keen, he say the doc measure for very long could not take a good view on it, he say he keep look at the screen, doc keep delete the measurement and redo, and the measurement doc delete is all under 2.5. Not sure, i cant see wat the doc doing at my view. I go goggle abt it, seem like my 2.6mm does not sound serious and pretty normal. I dunno whether to do amino test at 16 weeks, or wait for 20 weeks detail scan leh, confused. Haiz..

My blood test not out yet, but the doc who scan me say the blood test may not accurate, as my vanishing twin still quite big beside my baby, however, my result is not tat good. Can see the nasal bone but the thickness of the neck fluid is 2.6mm which is higher than the acceptable range 2.5mm. Doc say my ratio is 1:206, low risk is 1:300, so i consider high risk for down. May need to do amino test, doc ask me to consider it, but my hubby not keen, he say the doc measure for very long could not take a good view on it, he say he keep look at the screen, doc keep delete the measurement and redo, and the measurement doc delete is all under 2.5. Not sure, i cant see wat the doc doing at my view. I go goggle abt it, seem like my 2.6mm does not sound serious and pretty normal. I dunno whether to do amino test at 16 weeks, or wait for 20 weeks detail scan leh, confused. Haiz..

Hi Kate,

You did harmony test too? If really that's a need, go for 2nd opinion. I find my sonography quite steady at raffles hospital . Anyway Oscar test I tink like wat they said not as accurate as harmony and amino test .

Hi Kate,

You did harmony test too? If really that's a need, go for 2nd opinion. I find my sonography quite steady at raffles hospital . Anyway Oscar test I tink like wat they said not as accurate as harmony and amino test .
Never do harmony as my blood test wont be valid accordingto doc, bcos the demise twin may still affecting the blood result, as it still as big as 8 weeks when i lost her, dunno y my body did not absorb it. Maybe she wants to accompany her sibling till birth bah. But tat give me problem when come to blood test. Haiz, i will be seeing my doc at 16 weeks, so see wat he telling me to do next.

Never do harmony as my blood test wont be valid accordingto doc, bcos the demise twin may still affecting the blood result, as it still as big as 8 weeks when i lost her, dunno y my body did not absorb it. Maybe she wants to accompany her sibling till birth bah. But tat give me problem when come to blood test. Haiz, i will be seeing my doc at 16 weeks, so see wat he telling me to do next.

The next thing you could do is probably doa detailed scan with Prof. Anandakumar at SSR centre at Camden. Alot of ppl goes to him to confirm DS before NIPT( harmony /paraoaroma) come along.
There are certain facial feature that could be pick up be experienced gynea.

Hi mums.. I am getting very tired and could not sleep and eat well.. I am in my week 12... I am so tired that the next day i was very moody and want to cry.. I couldnt stop my emotions... i feel so bad for my baby.. Do you mum experience this? How do you deal with it?

Hi mums.. I am getting very tired and could not sleep and eat well.. I am in my week 12... I am so tired that the next day i was very moody and want to cry.. I couldnt stop my emotions... i feel so bad for my baby.. Do you mum experience this? How do you deal with it?

I'm still in week 10 and yes I feel the same way as u. Especially during night time.. was initially put on bed rest cos of bleeding and e feeling of uncertainty is terrible..can't even go out for walk n I keep thinking negatively. Totally understand what u r facing right now..

But one thing we need to keep reminding ourselves is that all the effort will be worth it! Remember to talk to ur family and friends about how u feeling, it helps! If possible, go out and have a walk if u can. Distract urself and focus on positive things! Eat food that helps to comfort u too..jiayou!

Hi, I'm at week 9 and have been suffering since week 5.. I cannot sleep well at night at all, I'll get heartburn and hunger pangs. Sometimes, as I eat, I will doze off! My hubby will never wake up so that makes me feel very very alone.

Cheer up... Talk to your girlfriends, especially those who have been pregnant before.. Or come to forums and talk to us. Don't bottle up your feelings. Prenatal depression is real and can affect our innocent babies.

Jiayou!

I feel exactly what you mentioned above, was quite depressed too! All the physical n hormonal changes and dealing with the discomforts n fatigue are tough at one point I felt on the edge too...tried to rest more...
Be around positive n supportive family n friends...do what u like.....try to do things other than preg related sometimes help ....for me I could hardly eat or sleep well for nearly a month, nausea n some abdominal pains giddy constipation seems like the world was against me....struggled to live ....going to work is a battle with my body n mind..... let along the work demands n bosses

I'm in week 11 and have started to be able to eat a little more so I'm trying to be positive! We'll get through these together!

I'm not in too... Received email to join... Got connected to FB and showed pending approval... Been waiting for the approval since 16 June

Hi all, nice to meet all of you. I am having my first pregnancy and I just went to see a gynae last Sat. However he commented that the embryo seems small and cant see heartbeat, so maybe it is gone.. As this is my first, I am inexperienced as he asked me to try and schedule a washing.

But I went to seek a second opinion at KKH and doc told me to wait for 2 more weeks and gave me medicine to stabilize my pregnancy. They said the foetus is only 4-5mm which is small and heartbeat can only be seen from 7mm onwards. Just wondering if any of you had such scares before, can you share your experience? I am supposed to be in my 8th week now but I did not have cramps or bleeding so far.

Was really sad when the first gynae told me to that it was an unsuccessful pregnancy.. :( But now I can't help worrying about it...

Lings n mom85
Ask ur gynae for fish oil to help elevate ur moods. These moods are common Bcos of hormones.

Missypenguin
I had bleeding at 6 weeks n was put on hormone support. Gynae said it depends on bb. if it doesnt survive, Sometimes it's nature's way to "rid" of unhealthy bb. Sorry if Im too blunt.

Hi all, nice to meet all of you. I am having my first pregnancy and I just went to see a gynae last Sat. However he commented that the embryo seems small and cant see heartbeat, so maybe it is gone.. As this is my first, I am inexperienced as he asked me to try and schedule a washing.

But I went to seek a second opinion at KKH and doc told me to wait for 2 more weeks and gave me medicine to stabilize my pregnancy. They said the foetus is only 4-5mm which is small and heartbeat can only be seen from 7mm onwards. Just wondering if any of you had such scares before, can you share your experience? I am supposed to be in my 8th week now but I did not have cramps or bleeding so far.

Was really sad when the first gynae told me to that it was an unsuccessful pregnancy.. :( But now I can't help worrying about it...

hi Missypenguin, just wait for 2 more weeks.. sometimes the ovulation dates are miscalculated and the baby is smaller than expected...
its better to wait another 2 weeks and chk again. Alternatively, u cam take blood test to confirm if the hcg is doubling over 2 days. That's another good indicator if the baby is body is embracing the baby.

hi Missypenguin, just wait for 2 more weeks.. sometimes the ovulation dates are miscalculated and the baby is smaller than expected...
its better to wait another 2 weeks and chk again. Alternatively, u cam take blood test to confirm if the hcg is doubling over 2 days. That's another good indicator if the baby is body is embracing the baby.

Yes I guess all I can do now is just wait. :)

Paxeng:
yup I guess if it's natural then it can't be helped. At least it's in the early stage and not at a later part when feelings are more attached.

Dun base on ur lmp. I suggest u to get a clearbluedigital n check see how many week from ur ovulation.

When I found out I'm pregnant I went to doc for scan but cannot see anything yet n doc ask if I'm pregnant. I say yes. But if cos my test line was faint.

Base on lmp is 8week. But actually I'm only 2weeks pregnant.

My lmp is mid March. But ovulate end of April.

So go n get the clear blue digital with weeks indication to check.

Dun base on ur lmp. I suggest u to get a clearbluedigital n check see how many week from ur ovulation.

When I found out I'm pregnant I went to doc for scan but cannot see anything yet n doc ask if I'm pregnant. I say yes. But if cos my test line was faint.

Base on lmp is 8week. But actually I'm only 2weeks pregnant.

My lmp is mid March. But ovulate end of April.

So go n get the clear blue digital with weeks indication to check.

Thanks. I'll go get one and check too. Hopefully it's just small and not a miscarriage. :)

Bibiaiai
Ur period is actually very long. Mine is short, only 23-25 days.

Missypenguin
Keep faith. U nvr know. Good luck!

Technology has advanced. I didn't know clear blue digital can tell how many weeks?! Old liao. Lol

Bibiaiai
Ur period is actually very long. Mine is short, only 23-25 days.

Missypenguin
Keep faith. U nvr know. Good luck!

Technology has advanced. I didn't know clear blue digital can tell how many weeks?! Old liao. Lol

Ya. Mine period is crazy one. I got very irregular menses.

I also dunno. Is forum ppl ask me to buy n test.

Currently am 11 weeks preg le.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435603512.544676.jpg

Hey. Have any mummies experienced watery thin discharge, pale yellow color so far? I experienced it yesterday.. Some Internet forum says its normal, some say otherwise. I'm at 11 weeks now.

Be positive and since KKH doctor already gave you med to stabilize, you just wait for 2 weeks. Like many mummies, when I went for my first scan, I thought i was 8 weeks, but my Gynae push me back to 7 weeks.
Maybe you can buy those cheap pregnancy kit from online and test yourself too in these 2 week. If the lines get darker, means your HCG levels are rising. Before i went for my 1st appointment, i think I test 8-9 times. :p

Hi all,

I have been visiting a few gynae (sort of gynae shopping) and every time I see them, they will do an ultrasound scan. My mum told me that I should not have done all the ultrasound scans... does anyone actually see a gynae for the first time without ultrasound scan?

Thanks

Be positive and since KKH doctor already gave you med to stabilize, you just wait for 2 weeks. Like many mummies, when I went for my first scan, I thought i was 8 weeks, but my Gynae push me back to 7 weeks.
Maybe you can buy those cheap pregnancy kit from online and test yourself too in these 2 week. If the lines get darker, means your HCG levels are rising. Before i went for my 1st appointment, i think I test 8-9 times. :p

Thanks so much. I'll keep staying positive. But today I got some spotting. Went back to doctor and they say they still can't do anything but can only wait till my appointment on 9th.

Crossing my fingers....

Back