2016/01 Jan Babies

Hello mummies to be! :D
My EDD is January 7 and this is my first baby!! I'm really nervous but I'm happy there's moral support here!
Please add me to your Facebook group - [email protected]
Thank you!!
P.s. I haven't announced my pregnancy to my friends yet cos I've not done my harmony test so I'll wait until results are out then I'll announce.

Had added to the group. pls check your email for fb invite link..

If i had like ur post, mean i had invited you.. so pls dun ask me to add again..

4 friends have been added.
(pls check your junk or spam mail pls.. if really dun have, pls kindly pm me.)

Hey girls, has anyone started looking for confinement lady? Any idea what are the rates for CNY? i just called one and she quoted $4200. She requested days off from CNY eve to CNY day 3 so she can go back to Malaysia. I don't think that is unreasonable, but she said the rate will remain the same. Not gonna be pro rated and the service period will not be extended by another 4 days. Is that the usual practice?

Hey girls, has anyone started looking for confinement lady? Any idea what are the rates for CNY? i just called one and she quoted $4200. She requested days off from CNY eve to CNY day 3 so she can go back to Malaysia. I don't think that is unreasonable, but she said the rate will remain the same. Not gonna be pro rated and the service period will not be extended by another 4 days. Is that the usual practice?

If the CL quoted you for cny rate, she has to stay with u during cny. If you decide to let her go back during cny day 1 to 3, must tell her upfront either to pro-rate or make up. But then again, it depends on d agreement between u and her. I read from some threads that agency abt 3600 for twins during cny, provided you have extra help at home.

My CL was with me for my #1. Intend to give her about 4k for 28 days coz i am expecting twins. But i dun expect her to cook so that she can focus on the bbs. Just my 2 cents for your comparison.

If the CL quoted you for cny rate, she has to stay with u during cny. If you decide to let her go back during cny day 1 to 3, must tell her upfront either to pro-rate or make up. But then again, it depends on d agreement between u and her. I read from some threads that agency abt 3600 for twins during cny, provided you have extra help at home.

My CL was with me for my #1. Intend to give her about 4k for 28 days coz i am expecting twins. But i dun expect her to cook so that she can focus on the bbs. Just my 2 cents for your comparison.

Guess i will negotiate to ask her to pro rate or make up. Agency sounds much more affordable but it's hard to gauge the quality beforehand. Is your confinement period also over CNY? $4000 for twins sounds like a really good deal! Thanks for your input, it was really helpful!

Wah nowaday CL so ex? I must start save money liao. They are earning more than me. Omg.

I called another confinement lady up and her fee was a whopping $5400. Her surcharge is 2x of her normal $2700 rate. Not sure if she is trying to rip me off though. But yes, better start saving up now if hiring CL!

Hi all edd Jan 2016 mummies.. do anyone of you happen to be in Feb 2016 Facebook close group? Can add me [email protected]
many thanks

In your feb 2016 post u mention: Morning mummies. . Just seen Dr adrian woodsworth ytd.. my due date will be end Feb. . Actually I m aiming for 29 Feb. Lol anyway his package is 688, can sign up at second app. When I was with him back in 2013, he is only charging 588..

Pls note our FB group is strictly for Jan 2016 mummies..

Hi bibiaiai.. just trying my luck to see anyone here happen to be in Feb 2016 fb because not sure what happen they didn't add the rest of Feb 2016 mummies.

Just a thought on CL. U might wanna consider catering instead if there's other help at home. The charges for CL do not include food ah. Easily a few hundred on top every week coz fish n herbs are expensive. Somemore CNY period.

May i ask, how long will be ur confinement period? Last week of dec give birth, the confinement will drag till after cny? Sorry, bcos my first preg, not sure abt the duration, mine due date is on 8th jan too, tats y wanna know more. Thanks.

Typical confinement is 28 days. If u want longer, then negotiate with ur CL.

Hi Kate,

No worries. I usually book the CL for 2 months as I do 40 days of confinement. But for this time, we booked her for 3 months because I have 2 other kids to manage and my hb thought the extra help will be handy.

1st babies may come early or late so better get a CL who has some flexibility. My 1st was overdue but 2nd had to c-sect so she came early.

Hi mummy, just curious have u considered maid instead? My household only my hubby n me. Both our parents hardly can help. He's going reservist in March. Unlikely to defer. I don't know how I'm going to cope with my active toddler n newborn. I was just saying maybe can get CL for 2-3mths. Then he said maid so much cheaper. But I'm not comfortable having maid. :( but it's really extra pair of hands and cheaper! So torn now.

Hi mummy, just curious have u considered maid instead? My household only my hubby n me. Both our parents hardly can help. He's going reservist in March. Unlikely to defer. I don't know how I'm going to cope with my active toddler n newborn. I was just saying maybe can get CL for 2-3mths. Then he said maid so much cheaper. But I'm not comfortable having maid. :( but it's really extra pair of hands and cheaper! So torn now.
I am actually thinking to hire maid to look after my baby after i give birth, bcos both of us is working, although my in law can help but she say need money and must hired maid. Then i am thinking if like tat, i must well hired maid enough liao, dun need to pay two portion. Money not enough. But regardless got maid anot, CL must hired. I think lah. Not yet really go into financial part deeply.

We in same dilemma. Maid is definately cheaper but even with maid, i only trust her to do housework and cook. If i am not allowing her to touch my kids, i would rather spend more on CL for 2-3 months for me to get the hang of it. Coz my todd is quite ok though he sticks to me. If i can get d twin into a routine, i hope i can manage alone at night coz i am sending them to infantcare while i work. Try not to disturb hb coz his work is highly stress

Just a thought on CL. U might wanna consider catering instead if there's other help at home. The charges for CL do not include food ah. Easily a few hundred on top every week coz fish n herbs are expensive. Somemore CNY period.

I tot d standard includes taking care of bb, cook confinement food and laundry for bb n mummy? Tts what my CL told me last time though she oso help me do other housework n even cook for my hb out of good will.

I enquired about the rate for one CL recommended by my friend. She quoted me $3500 but she needs to go back for a few days during cny. She said the usual price if not going back is $4000. She wanna go back that's why she quote $3500. I feel it's too expensive during cny period.. Still thinking if wanna engage CL. Alternatively, My mum said she could help me though.

I enquired about the rate for one CL recommended by my friend. She quoted me $3500 but she needs to go back for a few days during cny. She said the usual price if not going back is $4000. She wanna go back that's why she quote $3500. I feel it's too expensive during cny period.. Still thinking if wanna engage CL. Alternatively, My mum said she could help me though.
Actually, i see from the mummies post abt the rate of cl during CNY, $3500 consider the cheapest now. Aiyo. So worried, i scared of no CL, and scared of high cost. Sian. I must jia you on my saving.

Take care! Rest as much as you can.
Thanks babe... but apparently got another round of bloody show today... ): went kkh o&g and was given a jab... that's all they can do for bleeding at this stage... even if I stay in.. they can only monitor my bleeding...

Lucky for me mil is gonna help with confinement.. yeah.. less one headache for me and hubby.. :)

Hi all, I've been watching this thread for a while but I duno why I can't post. Can finally post now. So happy!

I'm expecting #2 and edd is 21jan. Can't wait to connect w u mummies. Pls add me to the facebook grp - [email protected]

Thanks! ;)

Thanks babe... but apparently got another round of bloody show today... ): went kkh o&g and was given a jab... that's all they can do for bleeding at this stage... even if I stay in.. they can only monitor my bleeding...

Lucky for me mil is gonna help with confinement.. yeah.. less one headache for me and hubby.. :)
Candiig: rest more at home and don't carry anything heavier than a laptop

I called another confinement lady up and her fee was a whopping $5400. Her surcharge is 2x of her normal $2700 rate. Not sure if she is trying to rip me off though. But yes, better start saving up now if hiring CL!
Wow! 5400! I have booked my regular CL and she was kind enough not to charge the CNY surcharge. But we will let her go home for a week during CNY and plan to also make up to her with a bigger angpow. If not I think the usual CNY rate is around 4k

Candiig: rest more at home and don't carry anything heavier than a laptop
I nv carry anything heavy since I know Im preggie.. hubby and parents in law dont let me do it.. i think the heaviest thingy i carry is my jug of water to fill my cup.. haha!

Babe.. when are u due? And whose ur gynae?

Hi, please add me too. I just tested positive but have yet to go for my scans so not sure about exact EDD. The talk about how expensive the CL is going to be is scaring me. Oh dear!

[email protected]

Thank you!

I nv carry anything heavy since I know Im preggie.. hubby and parents in law dont let me do it.. i think the heaviest thingy i carry is my jug of water to fill my cup.. haha!

Babe.. when are u due? And whose ur gynae?

Due 8 Jan. Gynae is Dr Caroline Khi from TMC

hi girls ... wow... cl so ex now...when I had my #1& 2 it's less than $2k. hmm.. dun think with get a cl this time...I already have a maid now. Will probably just cater confinement food and send my #2 to fullday childcare.

This pregnancy so ex. my expected delivery fee is ard 7k ( doc fee +hospital) , blood test and others tests. another 3k. doc fee after 20w + med another 2k. I don't think I want to spend another 5k on CL when I still need to spend another 1k on confinement ingredients.
total est:13k (b/f cl)...

Hi mommies, i just did a pregnancy test and realized im pregnant! however 1 month back when i tested it was negative, i took a chicken pox vaccine as i came into contact with a relative that had. now that i realize im pregnant im very worried. anyone with good advise? this is my 2nd one

Hi all, my EDD is 18 Jan! First time pregnancy as well. Had brown discharge since week 5 and it has subsided now at week 9. Gynae said it was due to low lying placenta; not sign of MC. Thought one worry gone. Now, i feel like I'm having UTI because I peed only small amount each time and it feels sweaty there. Tmr's gynae appointment to find out about my condition...

Hi all, my EDD is 18 Jan! First time pregnancy as well. Had brown discharge since week 5 and it has subsided now at week 9. Gynae said it was due to low lying placenta; not sign of MC. Thought one worry gone. Now, i feel like I'm having UTI because I peed only small amount each time and it feels sweaty there. Tmr's gynae appointment to find out about my condition...

Take care.. I also have low lying placenta. been to the gynea a few times because of false alarm...I was told if low lying continues .. likely need to c-sect and early delivery l. :(

jia you.

Take care.. I also have low lying placenta. been to the gynea a few times because of false alarm...I was told if low lying continues .. likely need to c-sect and early delivery l. :(

jia you.
Hi ccjt, thanks! my gynae said that the bleeding could be a good thing as it could mean that the placenta is moving higher. And the chances of placenta moving higher is 98%. Think of the 98%!

Hi, did my scan yesterday and EDD is 17 Jan.

I also finally got a gyane from KKH.. Dr Tan Toh Lick. Does anyone knows about him or is seeing him? Can't find much about him online

(P.S: could someone add me into the FB group? Thanks! [email protected])

Just went to see Gynae. Still the same edd. Haha. Everything is fine. Just that the placenta is still low lying.

Candiig, does it mean that your baby is growing fast?

I guess so... app estimated 23/1.. did 3 scans and got 22/1, 21/1 and eventually 18/1. Haha! Maybe it's growing comfortably inside..
In case u r wondering... I had so many scans due to bleeding episodes.. doctors need to ensure that there's heartbeat.. :)

I guess so... app estimated 23/1.. did 3 scans and got 22/1, 21/1 and eventually 18/1. Haha! Maybe it's growing comfortably inside..
In case u r wondering... I had so many scans due to bleeding episodes.. doctors need to ensure that there's heartbeat.. :)
Oh no. I hope the bleeding has subsided. are you on bed rest?

Hi need your counsel mummies :) I've a friend visiting from overseas but we are not that close and he's asking to meet me either Saturday or Sunday for chilli crab. I dunno what's a good excuse to reject him since he's coming all the way from London and invited me out. But I'm feeling extremely nauseous and haven't been out much so I really don't think I wanna go out and entertain. Please advice what can I give as an excuse? But I don't wanna overly lie or say I'm overseas so how? I'm in such a dilemma...

Hi need your counsel mummies :) I've a friend visiting from overseas but we are not that close and he's asking to meet me either Saturday or Sunday for chilli crab. I dunno what's a good excuse to reject him since he's coming all the way from London and invited me out. But I'm feeling extremely nauseous and haven't been out much so I really don't think I wanna go out and entertain. Please advice what can I give as an excuse? But I don't wanna overly lie or say I'm overseas so how? I'm in such a dilemma...
Why not just tell him that you havent been well? I don't think you are good to have any chili crab now either...

Back