2016/01 Jan Babies

Hi mummies. Im due in 9 Jan, this will be my 3rd baby. Is anybod seeing your gynae at parkway east? Any gynae to reccomend? I used to deliver at kkh but had bad experience with my last delivery.

Hi mummies. Im due in 9 Jan, this will be my 3rd baby. Is anybod seeing your gynae at parkway east? Any gynae to reccomend? I used to deliver at kkh but had bad experience with my last delivery.

Bernardetteyeo, my Gynae at Tampines n deliver at parkway east... U interested???

Any mummies feel the same as me??

I'm feeling ravenously hungry and nauseas at the same time!! Like I'm constantly super hungry, I can eat my whole queen size bed!! Right after eating, I'll feel super duper tired and sleepy. And then about 30 minutes later I get super duper hungry again!!!

I feel nauseas and I vomit if I feel hungry. And if I eat too full, I'll vomit too.

OMG... I eat so much biscuits and snacks until I get so sick of them already.

Any help??

I'm feeling ravenously hungry and nauseas at the same time!! Like I'm constantly super hungry, I can eat my whole queen size bed!! Right after eating, I'll feel super duper tired and sleepy. And then about 30 minutes later I get super duper hungry again!!!

I feel nauseas and I vomit if I feel hungry. And if I eat too full, I'll vomit too.

Any help??
My stomach is calling. And yet don't feel like eating. If there's a bed to sleep and sleep and sleep. Shiok Max

Hahaaaa what about eating them slowly? And u just go on and on eating. If u r working your colleagues would have known u r pregnant hahaa

Any help??
So good... i simply no appetite at all, dun eat i vomit, eat abit feel so full and vomit again. Now 9weeks plus, i lose 3kg liao. Dunno how sia... drink also cannot drink much, abit by abit. Crave for sour and spicy soup but hubby say no good, cannot eat, crave for cold water, hubby also forbid. Very sian.

Hi all, just came back from my first gynae first with Dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Mount A.

ImageUploadedByForum1433410502.459609.jpg

Hehe apparently I over estimated the number of weeks; am actually 6-7 weeks instead of 9 weeks because of my long menstrual cycle. Anyway, glad to hear from the Dr that the sac is in a good location. Hopefully can see more in 3 weeks :)

That said, below is the charges for my gynae. Is it considered on the high side? :(

ImageUploadedByForum1433410606.290498.jpg

My husband had a shock when he saw the figures, so did I.

So good... i simply no appetite at all, dun eat i vomit, eat abit feel so full and vomit again. Now 9weeks plus, i lose 3kg liao. Dunno how sia... drink also cannot drink much, abit by abit. Crave for sour and spicy soup but hubby say no good, cannot eat, crave for cold water, hubby also forbid. Very sian.

I know how it feels! The sour spiciness helps to bring down the nausea, but I read that spicy is bad for baby. I'm trying to eat more fruits instead and in small portions to prevent the vomiting.

Doctor prescribed me with Dimenate today. Hopefully it'll curb the nausea. The vomiting is giving me a bad throat. :(

Hi all, just came back from my first gynae first with Dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Mount A.

View attachment 538145
Hehe apparently I over estimated the number of weeks; am actually 6-7 weeks instead of 9 weeks because of my long menstrual cycle. Anyway, glad to hear from the Dr that the sac is in a good location. Hopefully can see more in 3 weeks :)

That said, below is the charges for my gynae. Is it considered on the high side? :(

View attachment 538146

Mine only lesser abit...

View attachment 538145

View attachment 538146

ImageUploadedByForum1433411146.421348.jpg

My stomach is calling. And yet don't feel like eating. If there's a bed to sleep and sleep and sleep. Shiok Max

Hahaaaa what about eating them slowly? And u just go on and on eating. If u r working your colleagues would have known u r pregnant hahaa

I'm also tired only after I eat, or like specific timings. Usually bout 3+pm, 5.30pm, 8+pm-10+pm. If I don't sleep or nap at those timings, I'll get abit of headache. Hahaha.

Tried eating slowly already also doesn't work. Yup colleagues suspected but cos not 3 months yet and classified as threatened miscarriage so can only keep saying I'm sick. But I'm sure some might have suspected. Haha.

I'm bout 9 weeks going on 10 too. My tummy is big but I think it's fat rather than anything else. Just bought my maternity bra cos the current ones are getting tighter and uncomfortable. And I got comfy pants from uniqlo too! They're goood. But funny thing is I din gain weight, din lose too. So Duno what happened along the way. Maybe puking and eating cancelled everything. -.-"

I don't have craving though... I rather I have cravings. So my hubby very Jialat. Every time ask me what I want to eat when I get very hungry and when I say don't know he will panic cos he don't know what to buy for me. Food I cannot stand so far are chicken meat (any type), garlic/onion, fried onion oil.

My TCM say I can't eat fruits and drink cold stuffs too. But I secretly take a few sips of cold orange juice sometimes and 100 plus also. Hehehe. =x

I know how it feels! The sour spiciness helps to bring down the nausea, but I read that spicy is bad for baby. I'm trying to eat more fruits instead and in small portions to prevent the vomiting.

Doctor prescribed me with Dimenate today. Hopefully it'll curb the nausea. The vomiting is giving me a bad throat. :(

I read up on spicy food and it seems safe, just that it might cause more discomfort for the mummy as it triggers heartburn. My gynae also said its okay, but as usual in moderation.

hihi anyone heard of NIPT test? my gynae suggested this is more accurate due to my age (34), 99% instead of Oscar 90%. but this test is more ex, $1290.

for the past two days, I have been feeling terrible, keep vomiting but I think when more hungry, you tend to vomit more. so I try to eat something light at the end of the day. others times I eat some plain biscuits! lucky went to my gynae today and get some medicine and feel better!

Hi hi I've left my email awhile back but i also haven't receive invite to the FB group. Is the invite at FB or thru email? Not sure if I missed anything.

Can send again pls? [email protected]

I'm week 5 now. Just managed to book my first appt at week 8 with De Paul Tseng. My 2nd kid and I had csect for number 1. Really wanna try for vbac this time and everyone raves about Paul tseng being very pro and pro natural. Haha hopefully all well.

View attachment 538145

View attachment 538146

Hi Grace,

Thanks for sharing. I will be checking out the rates for my upcoming appointment. Will let you know then! Yes expensive but what are the charges after deducting from medisave? Plus all the cost does not include hospital charges. Which will add up on the total cost..

Fb page is SG Jan 2016 mummies. It's a secret page and admin will add you into group. No way you can search the page due to secrecy. A link will be sent to your email and you have to click on the link to join..

Hi Elizabeth,

Me too EDD 26th Jan!! excitinggggg

U r at week 6 now it is?? Wat kind of symptom u having?

Sometimes easily angry especially if my hubby just shut down on me. And he simply just dun bother and feeling piss off now.

Lucky my mum on n off tc me

Last edited:
hihi anyone heard of NIPT test? my gynae suggested this is more accurate due to my age (34), 99% instead of Oscar 90%. but this test is more ex, $1290.

for the past two days, I have been feeling terrible, keep vomiting but I think when more hungry, you tend to vomit more. so I try to eat something light at the end of the day. others times I eat some plain biscuits! lucky went to my gynae today and get some medicine and feel better!

Kittypinky, NIPT test is like Harmony test. I am also 34 and will be taking this test. I was quoted $1300 before GST. Will be taking NIPT in week 11.

U r at week 6 now it is?? Wat kind of symptom u having?

Sometimes easily angry especially if my hubby just shut down on me. And he simply just dun bother and feeling piss off now.

Lucky my mum on n off tc me
Hi. My EDD is also 26/1. No symptoms so far. How about you mummies?

Hi... Can I get the contact of your gynae? I'm interested to find out if I can do it rather than CVS which is more invasive. Cos we need to test for thalassemia. Thanks.

Wow, I'm amazed by the number of mummies due in Jan! Please pm me your email if you have not been invited to the private group.
Congratulations once again!

I'm currently in week 9 and went for my follow up appointment yesterday. Baby is growing well and wriggling like crazy! :)

ImageUploadedByForum1433442632.406232.jpg

Wow, I'm amazed by the number of mummies due in Jan! Please pm me your email if you have not been invited to the private group.

I'm currently in week 9 and went for my follow up appointment yesterday. Baby is growing well and wriggling like crazy! :)

View attachment 538222

View attachment 538222

My email is [email protected]

Pls add me in. Thanks

Felt a bit nausea and on n off burping nia. Den sleeping times sometimes on n off like cramp or pain like tat. U r seeing ur follow up where.
Hi Mandy,
did doc tell u ur baby crl is how much? I mean how big is ur baby by length? My doc say mine at 9 weeks actually is 18.23mm a bit small than usual. Make me so worry.

Hi Grace,

Thanks for sharing. I will be checking out the rates for my upcoming appointment. Will let you know then! Yes expensive but what are the charges after deducting from medisave? Plus all the cost does not include hospital charges. Which will add up on the total cost..

Hi dear, i'm not quite sure about the charges and all.. will ask the doctor or nurses to explain during my second visit. Let me know the rates for your doctor yea?

Speaking of packages and rates, I was doing some research of some of the doctors which I had in mind: Dr HK HO, Dr Kenneth Lee (current gynae), Dr Poon.. oh my gosh all their rates when up so drastically from 2014 to 2015. I read that last time the delivery fees for the above mentioned doctors were like 2000-2500. Now it's like 2500 to 3000.

It's so expensive to be pregnant and give birth in Singapore! *rant rant rant*

Hi Mandy,
did doc tell u ur baby crl is how much? I mean how big is ur baby by length? My doc say mine at 9 weeks actually is 18.23mm a bit small than usual. Make me so worry.
hi Kate,
My baby is 2.16cm at 8W1D.
But dont worry too much k? As long as baby is growing, there should not be any problem de.

can i ask u all, anything u all avoid the food for this whole 1st trimester?
On top of my mind would be raw food like sushi, caffeine drinks, salad, citrus fruits, herbal soup, carbonated drinks, cold dessert.

I also stop dairy products cos i always seem to vomit after having them.

On top of my mind would be raw food like sushi, caffeine drinks, salad, citrus fruits, herbal soup, carbonated drinks, cold dessert.

I also stop dairy products cos i always seem to vomit after that them.

i still drink LRT and on n off i drink herbal soup cause my mum boil for me

Hi dear, i'm not quite sure about the charges and all.. will ask the doctor or nurses to explain during my second visit. Let me know the rates for your doctor yea?

Speaking of packages and rates, I was doing some research of some of the doctors which I had in mind: Dr HK HO, Dr Kenneth Lee (current gynae), Dr Poon.. oh my gosh all their rates when up so drastically from 2014 to 2015. I read that last time the delivery fees for the above mentioned doctors were like 2000-2500. Now it's like 2500 to 3000.

It's so expensive to be pregnant and give birth in Singapore! *rant rant rant*

Agree! My gynae also increased his prices this year.
Most likely because of this insurance coverage they have to pay.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/op...ming-shortage-doctors-deliver-babies-20150220

Hi Mandy,
Mine was measuring at 23.7mm. Don't worry kate_tan, stay happy and positive! If dr says ok and didn't raise any major issue, all will be fine. :)

Any help??

I feel the same and find that eating every 3 hours helps. Frequent small meals. Jia you! Should get better after 14 weeks...

I am also doing the harmony test in week 12. Apparently it is highly accurate and you can definitely find out the gender of baby at a much earlier stage

can i ask u all, anything u all avoid the food for this whole 1st trimester?

I avoided raw food including half boiled eggs, dang gui, ginseng, tuna, mackerel (sardine) & sharkfish. Everything to be fully cooked and well done. The rest I consume in moderation including caffeine, I will take once every three days.

I don't eat half-boiled eggs before pregnancy, but now I'm suddenly mad craving for it with kaya toast :rolleyes:

Back