(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi. Yes she's good. Love her to bits. She made me to conceive when lots of others said not possible. I am in my 11 weeks and 1 day. Guess we would be delivering around the same time. Well at least your appetite is good. Mine is bad. Can't eat nor drink. Lost 6 kgs. Praying hard to cross it smoothly too.

My appetite still not fully back yet ..but everytime I feel like I'm
Gg to vomit out, I quickly pat my chest and keep swallowing saliva to stop it. So far vomitted one time only . But nauseous since week 5. Like now my nausea starts again .. Was at the bakery shop but nothing seems appetizing. Hope we will feel better soon. And it is tough to work and feel nauseous and tired at the same time.. But let's hang in there:)

My appetite still not fully back yet ..but everytime I feel like I'm
Gg to vomit out, I quickly pat my chest and keep swallowing saliva to stop it. So far vomitted one time only . But nauseous since week 5. Like now my nausea starts again .. Was at the bakery shop but nothing seems appetizing. Hope we will feel better soon. And it is tough to work and feel nauseous and tired at the same time.. But let's hang in there:)

:) I've been sleeping the whole day today. Just ate some oranges and milk. Seems ok. Pray fully, we get better. Will keep praying for you.

:) I've been sleeping the whole day today. Just ate some oranges and milk. Seems ok. Pray fully, we get better. Will keep praying for you.

Thanks :) will remember u in my prayer too :) I read that apples, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries , raspberries are good :) I take 1 kiwi daily for vit c too:) will pray that U can have appetite soon:)

Do u all feel like u have preggy brains now? kept forgetting things and last Friday I lost my work laptop coz I left it in the toilet. feeling depressed.....

Thanks :) will remember u in my prayer too :) I read that apples, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries , raspberries are good :) I take 1 kiwi daily for vit c too:) will pray that U can have appetite soon:)

Oh. Didn't know that. Will try eating some. Btw, is there any group on fb which is linked here?

hi mummies, is anyone drinking filtered antioxidant water at the moment? is it safe for us?

Hi. No I'm not drinking. I just drink boiled water. Cos right now, boiled, hot water tastes better for me. :) well for you, you can check out with your gynae. Maybe she will give you a better advice. :)

What facial cleanser good for pimples and yet safe for pregnancy ? My pimples are popping out like pop corns! Arrgghhh...

Hi Belle. If pimples coming, it's good. Hormones are working well. That's what Dr Yu will say. But which one is safe, sorry I'm not sure. You can ask the sales person. I guess they might help you out.

Hi Belle. If pimples coming, it's good. Hormones are working well. That's what Dr Yu will say. But which one is safe, sorry I'm not sure. You can ask the sales person. I guess they might help you out.
Hahah.. You have any pimples prob? I see the pimples on my face I feel so upset though hubby keeps assuring I look fine.. Hahah.. Cos b4 Preggy, I was almost pimples free. I do know certain ingredients are no-no. The one that I'm using is probably too mild , so pimples happily invading my face .. Arrgghhh.. But if it is due to hormones , at least i don't feel so miserable :D

I oso pimples break Out on face n chest but before preg I alrdy hv pimples jus Tt now worsen like my pms time. I tink mostly on e shelf sellin ones r relatively safe to use. Bt if worried hv to check w gynea or pharmacists.

I was sick since last wk. Got migraines Bt I try not to eat panadol then aft Tt bcame flu. Guess I'm too heaty. Thn just nice was my gynea check up last thu so I went to see him to get medic. He gave me normal medic which I usually got from GP. The yellow flu tablet and Danzen. He say normal panadol for fever and headache also ok to consume. Only diff is cough syrup not the same. I no choice hv to take medic else I feels really unwell. Only today then finally getting better.

Hi chloebbkia,
I've not heard of SGH maternity packages, thought it charges by each consultation/ procedure and the delivery. When I google on SGH website the maternity packages are only for delivery.

SGH does not have maternity packages, it is charged by per visit and thus might be higher cost as compared to others hospitals/ private clinics

I dunno if I'm the only one having this problem.. I'm 15 weeks preg now. Since my doc prescribed me multi-vits n calcium pills 2 weeks back, I've been having problems trying to swallow those pills. Every time I take those pills, I will start gagging. I get scared now whenever it's time to take those supps. I'm wondering if they have chewable prenatal vits or liquid kind perhaps?

Can I ask ladies here, at which week does your ms start subsiding ? I'll be 12 weeks this thurs .. But dinner time still no appetite and still can't take certain taste and smell .. Wonder if I'll get better after I cross first trimester .. :D

I dunno if I'm the only one having this problem.. I'm 15 weeks preg now. Since my doc prescribed me multi-vits n calcium pills 2 weeks back, I've been having problems trying to swallow those pills. Every time I take those pills, I will start gagging. I get scared now whenever it's time to take those supps. I'm wondering if they have chewable prenatal vits or liquid kind perhaps?
R u still feeling nauseous or is it becos the pills are big ?

His currently my gynea too
Hi jerlicious, he was my gynae for my #1. You are in good hands :)

He is the chop chop type who doesn't talk much but he will definitely answer any questions you have. So I do prepare my questions b4 hand to save time in case I forget. If you have any urgent questions, van also sms him. His reply is super prompt!

Are u seeing him at seng kang too?

Mine went away right on the dot at week 12.
Can I ask ladies here, at which week does your ms start subsiding ? I'll be 12 weeks this thurs .. But dinner time still no appetite and still can't take certain taste and smell .. Wonder if I'll get better after I cross first trimester .. :D

Hahah.. You have any pimples prob? I see the pimples on my face I feel so upset though hubby keeps assuring I look fine.. Hahah.. Cos b4 Preggy, I was almost pimples free. I do know certain ingredients are no-no. The one that I'm using is probably too mild , so pimples happily invading my face .. Arrgghhh.. But if it is due to hormones , at least i don't feel so miserable :D

Yup. I do have pimples. And yes I was pimple free and now it's jus popping up. No matter how much I wash my face, it's still there. Avoid oily stuff and chocolates. But then, no appetite to eat anytg for now. ;)

I was sick since last wk. Got migraines Bt I try not to eat panadol then aft Tt bcame flu. Guess I'm too heaty. Thn just nice was my gynea check up last thu so I went to see him to get medic. He gave me normal medic which I usually got from GP. The yellow flu tablet and Danzen. He say normal panadol for fever and headache also ok to consume. Only diff is cough syrup not the same. I no choice hv to take medic else I feels really unwell. Only today then finally getting better.

Oh dear. Hope you are feeling better now. I am having bad headaches. But still drag feet to work. No choice. :)

He is the chop chop type who doesn't talk much but he will definitely answer any questions you have. So I do prepare my questions b4 hand to save time in case I forget. If you have any urgent questions, van also sms him. His reply is super prompt!

I stay at the west this seeing him at CcK. Ya he reli chop chop Bt as long gt qs to ask he will reply. He didn't Gimi his hp number though. Izit cos I hasn't sign up with his package? Hmmmm~

Hi Theia,
Sorry, I check the spam folder in my email account right. So it's like a group chat in the email account? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi.. can i know wat is his package price? He only deliver at tmc?

Do u all feel like u have preggy brains now? kept forgetting things and last Friday I lost my work laptop coz I left it in the toilet. feeling depressed.....

Yes, many women faced this... and let me tell u, u will never regain yr memory back.. it's like forever going to have short-term memory even after giving birth..
I even have to resort ot taking fish oil and memory booster after I gave birth cos cant afford to keep forgetting things at work...

Hi ladies, have u started to look for a confinement lady ? Can I check , for my #1, it is by emergency c-section. Second one I think high chance c-sect. Usually is it 2 weeks b4 the EDD?

Hi ladies, have u started to look for a confinement lady ? Can I check , for my #1, it is by emergency c-section. Second one I think high chance c-sect. Usually is it 2 weeks b4 the EDD?
Hi Bellebaby,

I am also thinking if I should start sourcing for a good confinement lady now. Are you working now? Do u think it will be too kiasu to also start sourcing for infant care now? I heard a lot of people start queuing once they know they are pregnant... and my friends who only look for infant care after they gave birth all end up queuing for childcare instead (almost or > a yr wait?)

Hi buns_bunnie, @lingyou, I'm 12 weeks and doing my harmony tomorrow too! Very nervous and hope to get good results.. Hope both of u get good results too!
Hi yammidough,

have you got your Harmony test result? I very kan chiong though it's not yet 10 days. Keep hoping they can call me earlier but also worry as after the 5th tube of blood. I'm running out of blood and the last 2 tube is barely half filled. Hope it will not affect my result T_T

Hi Bellebaby,
Yes I have booked my CL already, best to look for one soon once stabilize as good ones are taken up quickly.

Like u my #1 also emergency c-sec. My gynae advised me to go for c-sec this time as he said the risk is not worth taking. Though only 1% risk, but consequence is not something I think I can live with, so after all these challenges getting a #2, all i want i just to deliver smoothly and healthy baby & mummy. Gynae mentioned planned c-sec is abt 2 weeks b4 EDD...

Hi Bellebaby,

I am also thinking if I should start sourcing for a good confinement lady now. Are you working now? Do u think it will be too kiasu to also start sourcing for infant care now? I heard a lot of people start queuing once they know they are pregnant... and my friends who only look for infant care after they gave birth all end up queuing for childcare instead (almost or > a yr wait?)

I book my ifc liao, earliest slot is march which means I hv to take additional 1 more.month leave. I book in.end feb, same sch as my #1

Hi Bellebaby,
Yes I have booked my CL already, best to look for one soon once stabilize as good ones are taken up quickly.

Like u my #1 also emergency c-sec. My gynae advised me to go for c-sec this time as he said the risk is not worth taking. Though only 1% risk, but consequence is not something I think I can live with, so after all these challenges getting a #2, all i want i just to deliver smoothly and healthy baby & mummy. Gynae mentioned planned c-sec is abt 2 weeks b4 EDD...
I agree with you.. I waited 2 years for my #2.. I jus want a safe delivery . I actually have one CL who is recommended by my fren. But she only has a fixed period from oct to nov that she is available due to her already being booked by others. If it is 2 weeks b4 EDD, then the timing matches nicely to her available dates. I've tried to ask quite a few good recommended ones , all taken up. So I might jus confirm her if I still can't find one. She has other mommies asking her too , so I have to confirm by today if I wanna get her. I didn't know it can be so difficult to get one. Even she commented that this year seems to have a lot of mommies giving birth .. Maybe jubilee babies :)

Back