(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Oh ya, just sharing. Ytd I went to my first Gynea check up ya~ I went to Dr John Yam at JP. Total cost $220. Is this normal price range? 5 mins 1st consultation = $110, 1 min scan = $80 and my 2 wks of utrogestan = $30. =/ Care to share how are your costs??
I'm pretty sure it is the normal price range. I enquired for Dr Heng Tung Lan at Parkway East Hospital and it is S$128.40 to S$267.50 for consultation, excluding costs of medications, diagnostic and laboratory investigations.

I'm with Dr Irene.. I followed her from kkh.. but her fees not cheap..
Thanks for the reply :) its my #1 (after ttc for 1yr plus) so im kinda lost. I think i will go with my gut feel for the first appointment with Dr woo (he gt clinic at tiong bahru and punggol) and see how it goes.

wah... suddenly exploded with replies here... lol

we had a choice between Dr K T Tan and Dr Irene Chua but Dr Chua's appointment got to wait very long so we went for Dr Tan. Soon after we decided Dr Chua left KKH...

my wife also been feeling cold recently but i think it's the wind... even me the polar bear feels cold recently...

just take folic acid and fish oil for now if not seeing gynae yet...

bit no point to see gynae before 7 weeks cos nothing much to see... our appt is next week when it should be week 7 already...

april seems too long already ba...that's like after 10 weeks?

wah... suddenly exploded with replies here... lol

we had a choice between Dr K T Tan and Dr Irene Chua but Dr Chua's appointment got to wait very long so we went for Dr Tan. Soon after we decided Dr Chua left KKH...

my wife also been feeling cold recently but i think it's the wind... even me the polar bear feels cold recently...

just take folic acid and fish oil for now if not seeing gynae yet...

bit no point to see gynae before 7 weeks cos nothing much to see... our appt is next week when it should be week 7 already...

april seems too long already ba...that's like after 10 weeks?

Yes, by then, it would be 12 weeks. My thinking was that I want the first visit to also have the scans and make sure we can see the baby. If not, go there too early also cant see anything a little wasted. I am second guessing myself now as after a little more thinking, 12 weeks DOES sounds a little long. Around 3 months already. So thinking maybe it would be better at 10 weeks. What do you all think?

hello everyone... hope soon-to-be mummys out there are doing well. I just did a test yesterday and it was positive two lines. I am thinking that i am in my 3 weeks going to 4 weeks.

I was thinking if I should make an appointment to the gynae now.

@syazzyanna, make appt for mid mar ba... too early nothing much the gynae can do or say also... scan cannot see anything. at most give u vitamins and supplements and tell u when is your EDD only

@TiG3rR, high five... another daddy here! i think 12 weeks really too long la... 6 weeks can hear heart beat liaoz... but still tiny... 8 weeks already can see arms and legs already lor!

Actually quite true and better to scan only aft 7-8 weeks if ur sure all is well so ur able to see more instead. For my case is I have tenancy to hv miscarriage thus doc advice me to go see earlier. Moreover I hv one block Fallopian tube also may hv chances to have etopic pregnancy. So it reli depends on individuals and case to case basis ya. But most importantly doc advice to eat and rest well and think positive and happy!

@jerlicious, that's good point! u know your condition so good to see early.

for those 1st timers i guess good to see early so that any possible issues might be detected early. better be safe!

drink more water to prevent UTI and take folic and fish oil for healthy meh meh!

anyone know how to make a table to post here? my dec 2011 group had a table showing the mummy name, EDD, gynae, hospital and also baby's name. maybe we can do 1 here too! can put in email address/fb also if u all want to... then we can start a FB group

Falling in there too - got a bfp last week. Looks like there are many 2nd timer w snakey #1. I have a snakey baby and this will be my #2. Goh Shen li was my gynae at kk for my #1 and she is really good, but she is in mt A. keen to join the fb grp if there is one!

Tupapa, I am all for the idea of FB and table. I am using app version so cannot "like" the post. Hee...

I am feeling cold and off the air on since last week. I am so worried as the usual complains from first trim is feeling hot. I am glad I am not the only one. This is my very first and I really do not know what to expect. Starting to vomit since Monday. At around 10.30 to 11.45am, I will be chasing my students out of the toilet to puke. Anything to help with the nausea? When I am teaching my second class I am always on the standby to run to the toilet and put my hand over my mouth because I scared I puke on them when I talk.

I did a consultation with Dr goh shen li once. I didn't like the idea of the gynae not doing the scan herself plus I don't like the waiting time at KK so I swapped. The gynae for my #1 was... alright. Thought of changing back to Dr goh now that she's in private practice but not sure if I should. =/

I'm pretty sure it is the normal price range. I enquired for Dr Heng Tung Lan at Parkway East Hospital and it is S$128.40 to S$267.50 for consultation, excluding costs of medications, diagnostic and laboratory investigations.

my first visit to dr heng is $280. consultation + scan + hormones pill. 2nd visit is $170. consultation n scan, no medication. she has a package at wk 12, $800 exclude gst.

Im contemplating between Dr Woo Bit Hwa, Dr Benjamin Tham and Dr Irene chua. Any recommendations? Dr Woo is the cheapest and apparently his stitching skills is very good, though he's not as famous as the other 2
Dr tham was my gynae for #1, and i'll be gg back to him for #2. He's a v gentle and assuring doc, qt humorous too, so i always enjoy gg to see him heh.

Tupapa, I am all for the idea of FB and table. I am using app version so cannot "like" the post. Hee...

I am feeling cold and off the air on since last week. I am so worried as the usual complains from first trim is feeling hot. I am glad I am not the only one. This is my very first and I really do not know what to expect. Starting to vomit since Monday. At around 10.30 to 11.45am, I will be chasing my students out of the toilet to puke. Anything to help with the nausea? When I am teaching my second class I am always on the standby to run to the toilet and put my hand over my mouth because I scared I puke on them en I talk.

U can try the usual sour stuff like sour plum, or add lemon to ur water.. but unfortunately sometimes it doesnt help.. Just gotta wait for this phase to be over. Continue to drink lotsa water to keep hydrated. Jy!

Cant rem exact amt.. It's usu $100 plus for just consultation and normal scan (w/o medicine/supplements, detailed test/scan).. $200 plus w supplements. I rem taking package ($600) at 12 wks tho.

Any good remedies that you all have tried for Morning Sickness?

We were thinking of sour plum and things like that but then decided it may not be good since it has preservatives and we are not sure if it will harm the baby or not.

Do share if you have any really effective remedies that we can try. I have already gotten my wife some almond nuts as snacks so that she wont be on an empty stomach (I heard that causes the nausea to be worse). Anything else?

my first visit to dr heng is $280. consultation + scan + hormones pill. 2nd visit is $170. consultation n scan, no medication. she has a package at wk 12, $800 exclude gst.

Thanks for the information! When was this?

Can I know more details on what the package at week 12 includes?

S/No | Mommy / Daddy Nickname | EDD | Child No | Gynae | Hosp | Gender |Residence
\ 01 | azncutiegal | 15 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr WK Tan | TMC | TBA | Yishun
\ 02 | Eileen1983 | 07 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr John Tee | KKH | TBA | Yishun
\ 03 | p.dolphon | 8 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #2 | TBC | TBC | TBC | Punggol

Hello! I am at week5 now. Just tested positive yesterday~ It's my first time, so excited and worry.

My details, thanks!
esquare1106_baby
16 Oct 2015
Dr Choo Wan Ling
GEH
West Coast

Me and my wife is expecting our first kid in Oct 2015.

Went for our 1st appt with Prof. Arjit Biswas at NUH Women's Clinic on 10th Feb and he confirm that my wife is 7 weeks pregnant oreadi.

But no EDD given yet but I am guessing it will be in Oct this year.

S/No | Mommy / Daddy Nickname | EDD | Child No | Gynae | Hosp | Gender |Residence

Hi azncutiegal, can help me update mine? Thanks :)

ttcing 03 Oct 2015 #2 Dr Henry Cheng Mt A/ Mt E Novena TBA Toa Payoh

hi all,
tested positive a week ago and I should be around 5 weeks going on 6 now. Expecting our precious second child in mid oct according to online calculator. #1 is a snake baby boy! Looking forward to learn and share more with fellow October2015 parents.

@MrsWee @ttcing will u recommend dr henry? We are deciding between him and dr gordon lim.

@ missust : I guess Dr Cheng is ok, so far for my #1. His fees are more expensive compared to 2 years back, after his Novena branch opened. But still comparable to KK Class A fees.

I am deciding which hospital to deliver; Mt A or Mt E Novena. Novena costs more but is new and near MRT.

@ missust : I guess Dr Cheng is ok, so far for my #1. His fees are more expensive compared to 2 years back, after his Novena branch opened. But still comparable to KK Class A fees.

I am deciding which hospital to deliver; Mt A or Mt E Novena. Novena costs more but is new and near MRT.

we have booked an appt with Dr Gordon Lim for now as I am hoping to deliver in glen e. but my gf highly recommended dr cheng! aiya..so torn.
I've visited a gf in mt E Novena. It looks like a hotel! Just that registering of child bc and payment a bit all over the place probably coz it was new. hope they have ironed it out by now. mt A would be excellent for the team of nurses and LC.

\ 04 | Pinnpinn | 13 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #1 |Dr Woo BH | TMC | TBA| Sengkang

\ 04 | Pinnpinn | 13 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #1 |Dr Woo BH | TMC | TBA| Sengkang
\ 05 | Jaslinegal | 18 Oct 2015 | #3 | TBA | KKH | TBC | Sengkang

@ttcing yup I saw him for my #1 abt halfway thru cos I changed from another. The boy is coming 17 months soon :)

@missust I think he is ok. I didn't have to wait long during visits, which is very impt for me. He is pretty calm, jovial and knowledgeable. Downside is very frivolous though.. I find sometimes quite hard to continue the conversation with him cos the thjngs he says can be quite conversation stopper or he will say very cold jokes. Haha!
Oh yes just remembered, he estimated my boy to be abt 3.4kg but he turned out 2.98kg. Thought it's quite a big diff, I could have eaten more durians!

Hi azncutiegal, can help me update mine? Thanks

ttcing 03 Oct 2015 #2 Dr Henry Cheng Mt A/ Mt E Novena TBA Toa Payoh

Oh ya, just sharing. Ytd I went to my first Gynea check up ya~ I went to Dr John Yam at JP. Total cost $220. Is this normal price range? 5 mins 1st consultation = $110, 1 min scan = $80 and my 2 wks of utrogestan = $30. =/ Care to share how are your costs??

Yrs is cheaper than mine.
I went to NUH.
Consultation $130
Scan $98
2 wks Duphaston $45

Attachments

• 2015-02-13 04.55.20.jpg
    2015-02-13 04.55.20.jpg
    874.2 KB · Views: 541

Back