(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

My gynae prescribed me nausea med which induces drowsiness. It helped me sleep through the night.
Otherwise I will be waking up to vomit or can't even sleep due to indigestion or heartburn.

Hi

What is the name of your nausea medicine? I have been taking this nausea medicine call pulin. Initially I got side effect like diarrhea, makes me tired and sleepy which I have no problem in sleeping. I stopped taking for a week and back to taking it since I tot it helps in my insonmia. Who knows it cause to me shake non stop and put me on nervous mode. I went and Google then realise it got many side effect if consume in long term.. It's v scary

Last edited:
Hi

What is the name of your nausea medicine? I have been taking this nausea medicine call pulin. Initially I got side effect like diarrhea, makes me tired and sleepy which I have no problem in sleeping. I stopped taking for a week and back to taking it since I tot it helps in my insonmia. Who knows it cause to me shake non stop and put me on nervous mode. I went and Google then realise it got many side effect if consume in long term.. It's v scary

Spelling might be wrong but it's something like votazine. I need to check again at night. There's no side effect for me, except for being too sleepy the next day. =) hope you can find a solution to your insomnia.

Hi

Spelling might be wrong but it's something like votazine. I need to check again at night. There's no side effect for me, except for being too sleepy the next day. =) hope you can find a solution to your insomnia.

I'm at 14w and feel a slight pain or discomfort in my tummy. The area around the belly button. Is it bcos tummy is stretching? My bump is starting to show.

I'm at 14w and feel a slight pain or discomfort in my tummy. The area around the belly button. Is it bcos tummy is stretching? My bump is starting to show.

I'm in week 13 and is also having the same discomfort n pulling pain in tummy too, ard belly button area as well, especially in the night. As my hub will be away for his business trip n i'll be left alone, i can't stop worrying so made a trip to see my gynae. He explained that most of the cases are due to stretching n gassy and We did a scan to confirm the little one is fine.

He further remind us that if there's sharp pain or pain like menses cramp or pain that continue for an hr with/without spotting, We will have to go bk n check.

as of last night, I'm still having the same pulling/discomfort, will continue to monitor.

to have a peace of mind, you may want to give clinic a call to check with ur gynae too.

I'm in week 13 and is also having the same discomfort n pulling pain in tummy too, ard belly button area as well, especially in the night. As my hub will be away for his business trip n i'll be left alone, i can't stop worrying so made a trip to see my gynae. He explained that most of the cases are due to stretching n gassy and We did a scan to confirm the little one is fine.

He further remind us that if there's sharp pain or pain like menses cramp or pain that continue for an hr with/without spotting, We will have to go bk n check.

as of last night, I'm still having the same pulling/discomfort, will continue to monitor.

to have a peace of mind, you may want to give clinic a call to check with ur gynae too.

Thanks mummy sunshine!
Ya! I feel the discomfort at night especially. I guess it's the lying position that stretches the belly.
Good to know that it's normal.
Do remember to rub on body oil/moisturizer!

Grass jelly? Better don't drink, it is the most cooling beverage. Try to avoid water melon and pineapple too. You try to take more veg or drink soup since you don't like fish and meat. If not, try to take salmon and cod. They don't have fishy smell and are high in omega which is good for our baby brain development :)

oh dear grass jelly is cooling too?? I just had a can for lunch..... :(

Hi mummies

Wonder do u take child education class?

Heard mrs wong boh bei is good anyone is attending her class now?any idea at where can register?
Does she conduct class in east side?thanks

Hi mummies

Wonder do u take child education class?

Heard mrs wong boh bei is good anyone is attending her class now?any idea at where can register?
Does she conduct class in east side?thanks
She is from TMC. Check tmc website for antenatal class and there are 2 trainers and they train at amk hub and oasis hotel. They recommend that you attend the classes from 20th week.

Wow... been really busy with work recently...

Will be at Smart Kids Asia at Singapore Expo today....

Nobody looking for me hor? If got things wanna check with me pls what's app 90680898

They teach you about breastfeeding, how to care for the baby and lots more. The course outline is on the website. I have signed up but not yet attended class.
I attended the KKH one and they teach massage, how hubby should massage you, how to bathe baby (on a baby doll), how to breastfeed, how to push and how to breathe while pushing, food & nutrition for pregnancy. overall 1st time mummies shd go. :) hubby goes along too to enrich their knowledge on how tough it is for us ladies.

I will most likely sign up with TMC childbirth class. There are 2 options- either a 6 lesson course or a one day crash course. I'm thinking crash course will be sufficient. Anybody thinks otherwise can share?

Hi maybe_baby, are you taking iron pills? If so, it will lead to constipation.
I had constipation last week at week 11, I drink Yakult. In fact there's one day I drank 3 bottles. It helped. At the end of the week, I started having diarrhoea after the second bottle then I stopped. :D

I will most likely sign up with TMC childbirth class. There are 2 options- either a 6 lesson course or a one day crash course. I'm thinking crash course will be sufficient. Anybody thinks otherwise can share?
What crash course is? What are they going to teach?how much?
How can i sign up?thanks

5 weekly lessons of 2hr each + 1 doctor's talk = about $300

I understand that there's an option of a one day course which compresses the 5 weekly lessons. Not sure about the fees but it's slightly cheaper.

Can refer to TMC parent craft website.

I'm thinking of taking the compressed course due to convenience.

5 weekly lessons of 2hr each + 1 doctor's talk = about $300

I understand that there's an option of a one day course which compresses the 5 weekly lessons. Not sure about the fees but it's slightly cheaper.

Can refer to TMC parent craft website.

I'm thinking of taking the compressed course due to convenience.
Okays thanks for the info.
Yeah if possible i would like to take compressed course too:)

Hi mummies

I m now around 16wks.had done OSCAR scan,wonder what else of scan i will go through later? Heard abt harmony and detail scans,wonder when these 2scans are needed to be done?thanks

hi RnRnr!
I had my Harmony scan n test done on my 12th week. As per gynae, harmony was done due to my age (35). If results come back good for Oscar you shouldn't be needing Harmony test but do confirm with your gynae k! Detail scan will be done on our 20th week. Remember to drink a little more water prior to the scans!

For 1st time mummies, it's good to take the course...

Usually u can choose 5 days x 2hrs or the 1 day course which is usually 8hrs (9-5pm).... So depends on yr schedule....

I had my course at NUH with #1 and it really taught me a lot of basic skill like bathing, feeding, breastfeeding, what to do during labour, etc...

Would advise that hubby comes along with u too....

Hi, anyone experiencing rashes on the butt area? Is it safe to use the cream for nappy rashes??

Last edited:
I am having the same problem as you. And I will get headache for the whole day if lack of sleep. I went to consult GP instead and she gave me flu medicine which she said it is the safest. But still, I din take any. I am using some essential oils to help me sleep and for my headache too. It works for me. Maybe you can consider trying :)

Hi eu eu,
Where can I get the essential oil?

Mummies,

If I'm already taking supplements given by the gynae, do I still need to take pregnancy formula milk? I am given the formula milk by my mil and I read from the packaging that that the nutrients are somewhat the same folic acid, calcium, dha... Is that such thing as an overdose?

Mummies,

If I'm already taking supplements given by the gynae, do I still need to take pregnancy formula milk? I am given the formula milk by my mil and I read from the packaging that that the nutrients are somewhat the same folic acid, calcium, dha... Is that such thing as an overdose?

I had a bad headache today and even after napping for 2 hrs it didn't help...

Hubby made me warm lime drink and it goes away after 30 mins!

He just squeeze a lime into a glass of warm water...

Wow, lime works! Great, I will try it out. Started to have headaches lately as well, it's bothering me

I also had a bad headache yesterday and relented to taking the painkiller TMC gave me when I had a fever. I feel so guilty. I'm gonna try your home remedy. N ya so nice of your hub!

Mummies,

Hi #5potato,

Care to share which supplements did your gynae recommended? And which week are u at right now?

I have started supplements given by my gynae like... fish oil, calcium and prenatal mult vit...
Noticed the mult vit contain folic acid... do i still have to take my 5mg folic acid?

Woah! That's good shall give it a try. Bad headache for two days and seen a GP.

Felt guilty as pop a panadol in to control the super painful headache.

Thanks for sharing!

I have started supplements given by my gynae like... fish oil, calcium and prenatal mult vit...
Noticed the mult vit contain folic acid... do i still have to take my 5mg folic acid?

My gynae told me no need to take folic acid as it contains in multi vit. So have stop taking folic acid

Mummies,

I am still taking Similac Mum but not daily and I am drinking one-two scope. Is fine to drink milk as is good for baby!

Back