(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

I also vomit a lot of yellow bile... They say your stomach is empty so vomit yellow liquid... Maybe can eat a little cracker once you wake up. Pats pats. Yipe morning sickness/ vomit is not fun at all >,<
Yeah mine is also something like tht yellow bile ...hate it!
And normally happens in morning while i m abt to brush teeth

I just hit 14 weeks.. Appetite chg now scared of alot food esp. meat & fish.. Eating only like instant noodle in processed foods:(
Try to avoid processed food as they contain nitrate and nitrite and a type of bacterial that will enter the blood stream. And this bacteria will affect the development of the baby.

Try to avoid processed food as they contain nitrate and nitrite and a type of bacterial that will enter the blood stream. And this bacteria will affect the development of the baby.

Thks for e info , but I am so scared of MIL cooked food already.. n my craving for coke is really strong.. and MIL kept buying me grass jelly.. wondering if its too cooling too

Thks for e info , but I am so scared of MIL cooked food already.. n my craving for coke is really strong.. and MIL kept buying me grass jelly.. wondering if its too cooling too
Grass jelly? Better don't drink, it is the most cooling beverage. Try to avoid water melon and pineapple too. You try to take more veg or drink soup since you don't like fish and meat. If not, try to take salmon and cod. They don't have fishy smell and are high in omega which is good for our baby brain development :)

Grass jelly? Better don't drink, it is the most cooling beverage. Try to avoid water melon and pineapple too. You try to take more veg or drink soup since you don't like fish and meat. If not, try to take salmon and cod. They don't have fishy smell and are high in omega which is good for our baby brain development :)

Ok I will try it out hopefully can get the food down :) How many weeks is your baby now?

O dear urs seem worse than us...did you ask to doctor y got blood streaks?
Mine normally happens in morning when i brush my teeth..:(

Yup doctor says it's cos I'm vomiting too much causing some injury inside. I get rib bone pain too. But glad that it's over!!!! Coming 14 weeks and I feel I'm regaining my appetite and energy. Yipee!!!

Any first time mummy here? sometimes I feel overwhelm. What to buy? I don't even know how to cook, how to make food for baby? All sort of unknown >,<

Any first time mummy here? sometimes I feel overwhelm. What to buy? I don't even know how to cook, how to make food for baby? All sort of unknown >,<
Don't worry, relax and enjoy your pregnancy now. You can start buying baby's stuff during your last trimester like baby clothing, diapers, wet tissue, milk bottles, breast pump, sterilizer, stroller, baby cot/play pen, shampoo etc. And do not worry about cooking baby food too. They started to eat when they are 4-5months old and you can buy baby cookbooks from any bookstores. During that period, you can try making fruit or vegetable purée for them which you can blend them and buy the blender from Avent :)

Hihi, have anyone of you planning to get a maid? I am getting one so that she can help my mum with my confinement and take care of the household chore while my mum take care of the baby in the day. We can share pointers on going to which agency to employ one

Hi MTB,

Am expecting my #1 and feeling very excited. Edd on 14 sept. Seeing Dr Esther Ng from Mt A.
So thankful that the horrid ms is almost gone!

FB admin, please add me to the group. My email is [email protected].
Thanks!

Me too, looking for confinement lady, I'm considering a day time as confinement nanny, as I dont have any extra room for her to stay at night. Anyone know the charges diff n any good recomnrndations..?? I Need to know the rates n charges n their responsibilities as well...

I liked pepsi (with salt) in pregnancy #1. :)

i'm on to my 13th week, not puking much already but appetite's still bad ...
stomach's growling yet the thought of food turns my mouth/saliva bitter :(
am looking for confinement lady, considering day time instead of stay in due to space constraint too.
any good lobang mummies?

I am also having insomnia. any remedies? its very torturing as I have headaches in the morning due to lack of sleep. and is affecting my work :(

Maybe_baby,
is there anyway that can help you to sleep? Take a warm shower before sleeping, a cup of warm milk etc. I dun think it is ok to take medication for insomnia. I used to have bad insomnia issue when I was not pregnant and surprisingly I managed to sleep earlier after I am pregnant. May be I was too tired then.

My edd is 23 Sept.. been having headache every morning after waking up in the morning for almost a week and it's terrible. Now I received call from my gynae that I have high chance in having DS baby due to my blood test result show high risk. I will need to go back to hospital for other diagnostic tests.. hopefully and pray for good result..

My edd is 23 Sept.. been having headache every morning after waking up in the morning for almost a week and it's terrible. Now I received call from my gynae that I have high chance in having DS baby due to my blood test result show high risk. I will need to go back to hospital for other diagnostic tests.. hopefully and pray for good result..
Hope everything will be fine... Good luck!

U did Oscar test? I had high risk for DS baby as well but harmony test turned out all right! Don't worry all will be fine! Oscar has high false positive!

My gynae prescribed me nausea med which induces drowsiness. It helped me sleep through the night.
Otherwise I will be waking up to vomit or can't even sleep due to indigestion or heartburn.

Hi ladies

Does anyone knows if Gynae prescride medication for insomia? It hitting me quite badly now... Have restless sleep these 3 days... :(
I am having the same problem as you. And I will get headache for the whole day if lack of sleep. I went to consult GP instead and she gave me flu medicine which she said it is the safest. But still, I din take any. I am using some essential oils to help me sleep and for my headache too. It works for me. Maybe you can consider trying :)

Don't worry too much, U will be fine. Jiayou for baby!

Good morning mummies!

My mum has suggested that I do my confinement in her house. She will cook while the helper will help take care of the baby. She is experienced in caring for my brother's 2 boys.
I quite like this arrangement as I will be cared for by people close to me.
How much allowance should I give to the helper? I do not wish to take advantage of an available resource thus really hope to compensate her fairly.

Good morning mummies!

My mum has suggested that I do my confinement in her house. She will cook while the helper will help take care of the baby. She is experienced in caring for my brother's 2 boys.
I quite like this arrangement as I will be cared for by people close to me.
How much allowance should I give to the helper? I do not wish to take advantage of an available resource thus really hope to compensate her fairly.

Good for you! Maybe can give the helper and your mum a big red packet after the confinement?

hey fellow mummies!

i'm now 14 weeks ++, thinking of trying out prenatal yoga this weekend at Meraki Yoga, located near buona vista.

e-hkOKD8_feHUQctYGILEN8vSGkqMJhbfyjD9ILljlOOVmH0aOld84mTTlRE6Na-jxU7VsyLFMSZbpBH2dniJqHOgIB8AjRiyqX0JC-olz6ayCy0ngNxPtgB97g533zuMkRC9Zil3g0LIgEUeg2yNMO_-ifWkYZKOFodkTE=s0-d-e1-ft

I've personally never been there too.. planning to go down this Saturday for the first time.

Any mummies want to join? It's a little pricey (imo) though. $45 for one session, $210 for five.
I think I'll just go one and see how first. haha.

Will share reviews after that! (if i manage to wake up n go for it hehe)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! my EDD is 14 Sep, I've done and received the results of my OSCAR test, and I have to say I have a very active baby who kept moving around, kicking, sitting and even jumped once during my OSCAR ultrasound scan, doc tried to shake me again and again just to get the baby to lay down, but my baby wasn't very cooperative that day. The test was finally able to complete after 3 tries, LOL!

I'm now 13 weeks and I have to say I am feeling so much better since this week, I don't feel nauseous anymore and I am able to eat a wide variety of food now (before that I had a really tough time with food, and I've lost 3-4kgs just during my first 4 weeks of pregnancy, and since then I not only wasn't able to gain any weight, I've actually lost more weight). I feel much more energetic and just feel "me" again!! So hang on there! the suffering is going to be over soon!!!

Please add me to the fb group as well: https://www.facebook.com/xulian23

Hey! good for you! I'm now at 14wks but still having nausea and puke everyday...:(

Gonna go c my kiddo this fri and start going hospital tours soon!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and joining this thread to learn from all mummies.

I'm a first time mum, currently in week 13. EDD 19 Sept. I have done and received my results for both Oscars n blood tests and glad to know that everything is fine.

I had a mc last year hence kind of worried abt current pregnancy. I have been having those pulling n pinching feeling at lower abdominal since week 10 and for the past 2 nights, the pulling (few secs for 2-3 times) is around belly button area. Any mummies encounter the same?

Good for you! Maybe can give the helper and your mum a big red packet after the confinement?

Thanks newmummy and rnrnr!
But how big is a big red packet? Sounds silly but how much is enough? I'm thinking maybe $500-$700 each? Or 1k? It's difficult cos it seems like such an assistance can't be valued by monetary means...

Thanks newmummy and rnrnr!
But how big is a big red packet? Sounds silly but how much is enough? I'm thinking maybe $500-$700 each? Or 1k? It's difficult cos it seems like such an assistance can't be valued by monetary means...

Erm I think can give your mum more? Most likely mothers will still buy extra stuff for their daughters like herb, wine etc etc. so in a way you can compensate or return money to her in the form of red packet? (Under the assumption that your mother won't accept your money when you want to pay for herbs etc).

As for the helper you can decide on the amount after confinement as you can observe the helper's attitude and help towards you and you can give the red packet accordingly.

my mom did my confinement for #1, however, after seeing how much work it is, i am going to get a confinement nanny for #2 so that my mom can just enjoy playing with the baby and not be so busy buying, preparing food, taking care etc and be so tired out.

5potato, my personnal view. An employed confinement lady charge 2.8k + 2 angpow of ard $168 each for start and end of confinement. That does not include all the ingredient fee. So for your own mother, how much do you think you wanna give her?

y3nlin9,
my sister also failed her OSCAR test and she did further Amino test and the result is good. Do you plan for further test? I still feel Amino test is most accurate although it carry certain risk but the risk is quite low. Usually the extraction will be conducted by experienced professional. You should go for further test if you are worry but the eventually the question will still ask back to you. What if the baby is DS? Will you still keep it?

I'm also worried about mum tiring herself but she insists it's better than hiring a confinement nanny. I did propose to mum about ordering confinement food for lunch. So only dinner requires cooking. She seems quite receptive to this idea.

Maybe I'll discuss with the helper!
Thanks mummies for all your advice!

Hi all mommies, I am wondering if our FB admin still adding us, the newcomers into the fb group? I have sent a PM here and fb to her but no response.

hi, I wouldn't be too worried unless it's significant pain or there's bleeding. Our body undergoes lots of changes during pregnancy, stretching etc and it's quite normal to feel stretches, aches, pains :)
I personally get very gassy during pregnancy and the pain & heartburn caused by that gets quite bad sometimes, especially at nights.

If anything really worries you, call up your gynae for some peace of mind.

Hi Mommies, last Sunday morning when i wake up, i touched my belly and found that its become very tight and feel like a balloon, i so scard and i call me husband, when he come come touch my belly again, the balloon is gone.
last night i feel it again but too bad my husband did not feel it as it's gone again, i ask my mom, and she said it's the baby moving, i'm so excited and keep touching my belly, but since last night till now i have not found the "balloon", hope tonight can feel again... any mommies can feel the same thing?

hi, I wouldn't be too worried unless it's significant pain or there's bleeding. Our body undergoes lots of changes during pregnancy, stretching etc and it's quite normal to feel stretches, aches, pains :)
I personally get very gassy during pregnancy and the pain & heartburn caused by that gets quite bad sometimes, especially at nights.

If anything really worries you, call up your gynae for some peace of mind.

Thanks, shineaslights! Will do so.

Back