(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I also have not bought anything much. Too lost, don't know what to buy. Sermeiran, dont worry, slowly discuss. Try to tell him the pros of having a cot. Can negotiate to get something cheaper so that if really nv use also wont waste, to convince him.

Haiz. I went Mummy's Market and ended up arguing with my husband. What to buy and what not to buy. Husband is like everything no need to buy. No need buy cot or this or that since he grow up fine without these stuff. We have a queen bed and hubby like to kick in his sleep. Want the baby to Co sleep with us????

That's why I don't go with him. He probably stand there clueless, I went with the mummies kakis and we really stayed there from 9am to 430pm till I was really exhausted and can't really walk. ;)

Hihi moms, v long didnt log in here. our whatapp group super active.

Last week's baby fair was a first time experience for me. Hubs and I enjoyed it surprisingly, he picked out some toys n clothes for bb and we got 2 cots. so i checked against my baby shopping list and the bigger items are done! ahead of schedule, so happy. only left toiletries to buy closer to the date.

Have also transitioned to full-scale Stay home wife now haha. Hubby say just stay home for now and prioritise on baby , be happy. after birth then can slowly plan to look for a job. so decided to stop worrying, anyway since most items are bought and money for delivery set aside, shd just chill and take a "sabbatical". next time i will miss this period im sure. haha

Last week's baby fair was a first time experience for me. Hubs and I enjoyed it surprisingly, he picked out some toys n clothes for bb and we got 2 cots. so i checked against my baby shopping list and the bigger items are done! ahead of schedule, so happy. only left toiletries to buy closer to the date.

Have also transitioned to full-scale Stay home wife now haha. Hubby say just stay home for now and prioritise on baby , be happy. after birth then can slowly plan to look for a job. so decided to stop worrying, anyway since most items are bought and money for delivery set aside, shd just chill and take a "sabbatical". next time i will miss this period im sure. haha

That's good to hear! Actually I think it is the best if one can stay at home and rest and be happy while waiting for the arrival of baby. Agree that after birth, can slowly plan for job again. But this period of time is only once in a lifetime so just make good use of it.
I wish I am currently jobless too. LOL. Although I may miss the money.

That's good to hear! Actually I think it is the best if one can stay at home and rest and be happy while waiting for the arrival of baby. Agree that after birth, can slowly plan for job again. But this period of time is only once in a lifetime so just make good use of it.
I wish I am currently jobless too. LOL. Although I may miss the money.

haha Piggling.. i miss the money too! esp with the extra time, just wanna do so much shopping but always gotta think twice

haha Piggling.. i miss the money too! esp with the extra time, just wanna do so much shopping but always gotta think twice

True! It is always like that! Either got money no time, or no money got time. LOL.
As long as you have budgeted enough, it should be okie. Now just need to enjoy time with baby, enjoy all the kicks and movements! :)

Wah.... super envious wor!! Your hubby so understanding! I went to the mummys market fair at Expo and ended up arguing with hubby over what to buy lor!

Wah.... super envious wor!! Your hubby so understanding! I went to the mummys market fair at Expo and ended up arguing with hubby over what to buy lor!

Lol... Me too. I said I wan to buy this then husband would frown and say 'really? later lah, still early' or "don't thinks it's useful for us, don't need lah"

Lol... Me too. I said I wan to buy this then husband would frown and say 'really? later lah, still early' or "don't thinks it's useful for us, don't need lah"

Sigh, the difference between men and women. And sometimes also the different upbringing.
I went to the fair, covered about 1/3 only and was too tired and hungry to go on. Some parents are quite aggressive, very hard to squeeze passed them to hear what the sales are talking about. Even choosing baby clothes, one woman obviously not pregnant was trying to jerk/push me on my side. *shakes head*
Wonder when I will get all my shopping done. Very clueless. lol.

Sigh, the difference between men and women. And sometimes also the different upbringing.
I went to the fair, covered about 1/3 only and was too tired and hungry to go on. Some parents are quite aggressive, very hard to squeeze passed them to hear what the sales are talking about. Even choosing baby clothes, one woman obviously not pregnant was trying to jerk/push me on my side. *shakes head*
Wonder when I will get all my shopping done. Very clueless. lol.
I hate it when he always say.... "last time I also don't have all these I also grow up like that." I told him... "last time we don't have vaccines and so many kids died. Are you gonna take the risks now to save money and skip vaccines also??"

I hate it when he always say.... "last time I also don't have all these I also grow up like that." I told him... "last time we don't have vaccines and so many kids died. Are you gonna take the risks now to save money and skip vaccines also??"

Can understand how you feel. To a certain extent, things are different now. There are more viruses also and we have fewer kids too.

hello mommies.. v long din log into forum... hope all r doing good in week 20s..!! most of e baby fairs i go on my own.. decide myself if its small items. hub got no patience for walking row by row with me..

hello mommies.. v long din log into forum... hope all r doing good in week 20s..!! most of e baby fairs i go on my own.. decide myself if its small items. hub got no patience for walking row by row with me..
You opt for delivery or you get someone to go with you to carry for you? My hubby feels like my money is also his money and he won't allow me to shop on my own. Even going out alone is a problem since he don't let me go out alone because I am pregnant.

Maybe you can list down what u need to get before heading down to such big scale fair or shopping. Is good to shop now as 3rd trimester we may not feel as comfortable. Feel so happy shopping for baby stuff now.

Hi mommies,

I'm due on 23rd Aug.. I need help looking for a babysitter somewhere in Serangoon area. Please help me to lookout if you have anyone to recommend. Really struggling to look for 1 now.

God bless!

My hubby just have a crazy threshold, may be because of how he was brought up - apparently his parents said that even when he was a very young child, when told to sit on a bed and be quiet, he can really do so for a whole afternoon. wish my baby will be like him man.

actually most hubbies are the CFOs of the household and usually men have very little patience to shop. So its very normal! I think if this is the case can "date" fellow mummies or female frens to shop, more fun also. There is ongoing sale at Mothercare and also a smaller baby expo this labour day weekend.. can complete shopping there.

Some of us may be inching towards 3rd trimester already! But still got time... Jiayou! like the final lap...

My hubby just have a crazy threshold, may be because of how he was brought up - apparently his parents said that even when he was a very young child, when told to sit on a bed and be quiet, he can really do so for a whole afternoon. wish my baby will be like him man.

actually most hubbies are the CFOs of the household and usually men have very little patience to shop. So its very normal! I think if this is the case can "date" fellow mummies or female frens to shop, more fun also. There is ongoing sale at Mothercare and also a smaller baby expo this labour day weekend.. can complete shopping there.

Some of us may be inching towards 3rd trimester already! But still got time... Jiayou! like the final lap...

The other day my husband was saying me... "Actually a lot of things I wanted to buy 1, is because you said this one not good, that one don't know good or not then I hold my horses." Ops, did not realise that I become the devil's advocate. LOL. And end up, we haven't bought much. LOL.

Yes yes, still got time... time flies... I cant imagine most of us are 2/3 or more than 2/3 into the pregnancy.. I will sure miss my baby's kicks...

Can't resist my urge for a cup of teh-o today. Lol! My first cup in so many months!

you very good already! ive been drinking all sorts of teh recently. esp cos i found a nice instant milk tea.. on hot days i like to make it iced.. n sip...

The other day my husband was saying me... "Actually a lot of things I wanted to buy 1, is because you said this one not good, that one don't know good or not then I hold my horses." Ops, did not realise that I become the devil's advocate. LOL. And end up, we haven't bought much. LOL.

Yes yes, still got time... time flies... I cant imagine most of us are 2/3 or more than 2/3 into the pregnancy.. I will sure miss my baby's kicks...

hahha but mummies inevitably will be v detailed n fussy about what to buy. I also think left and right before deciding to purchase something.
some of my friends very cute, for e.g. when i was looking at those memory foam infant pillows claiming to help prevvent flathead, one of them said how come when she was young her mum also just let her sleep any pillow, n she is fine.
the more educated we are, the more we worry

Can we let baby sleep in Yao lan immediately to prevent flathead or we wait until 1 month? Then a bit weird because I would have to get a cot for the 1st month then I wouldn't need a Yao lan if I have a cot.

I learn from my Fillipino maid, you can give your baby head support by putting a rolled towel into a circle to prevent flat head syndrome.

There is those pillow with a hole in the middle, which is like what hippo described. Maybe can ownself DIY. Hehe.

Yah, the more educated we are, the more we hope to make an informed choice.

Any reasons why must sleep in yao lan?

Ladies, jz to chk wif u all. Anyone hv those trusted chinese medical hall that can recommend to handle the placenta n make into capsule form to consume?

Hope to hear frm u all soon.

Cheers!
SD

There is those pillow with a hole in the middle, which is like what hippo described. Maybe can ownself DIY. Hehe.

Yah, the more educated we are, the more we hope to make an informed choice.

Any reasons why must sleep in yao lan?

They say baby sleep in Yao lan head will be round and also easier and faster fall asleep mah. I not planning to shake the Yao lan. But I find that it takes up less space in the living room.

They say baby sleep in Yao lan head will be round and also easier and faster fall asleep mah. I not planning to shake the Yao lan. But I find that it takes up less space in the living room.

Will there be an issue if baby gets too used to yao lan, and gets cranky when wanna sleep during your trip outdoors?

@sermeiren86, Once your baby is addicted, it can be hard to get him to sleep in cot or without shaking in future. And too much shaking up and down might cause eye and brain development. Even if you do not intend to shake the yao lan, when your baby twist and turn, the yao lan will still move in motion. It won't keep still.

If he can sleep well in the cot, why intro yao lan ?

Last edited:
I was wondering if there will be danger with regards to suffocation when it comes to yao lan? Although I also slept in that when I was young. But the thing broke and I fell to the floor and my head shape is not exactly nice. :( so sad for me...

My big gal sleep in yao lan till 2yo then she auto switched to bed.

I brought a playpen with the mattress and beddings but she refused to sleep in it and I almost got depression due to lack of sleep. :confused:

My nightmare only ended when my mum bring in the yaolan, bb sleep easily with gentle rocking within minutes and won't wake up so frequently at night too. This is my godsend saviour because I m the only caregiver at night. :D

Hi all, I am a new mum-to-be Aug. Do you have a whatsapp group for this thread? Can the group admin add me? Kindly Pm me for my number. Thanks!

Dear Aug mtb. I have good confinement lady to recommend. She has been experience for 10+ years on taking care baby and confinement matters. She is my aunt. Pls pm me for further details.

hi everyone am a new mum-to-be in Aug. is there a fb grp for this. my frens have been encouraging me to join a mothers grp as they found it most useful throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey. can the administrator add me to the grp pls? thx!

Pls kindly add Gloria Liu in Facebook. She's the admin for Aug mummies. After tat, she will then be able to add U mummies into our secret group. Thanks.

Hi all, I am a new mum-to-be Aug. Do you have a whatsapp group for this thread? Can the group admin add me? Kindly Pm me for my number. Thanks!

Back