(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Hi sqmummy! :)

Are you using any stretch mark cream? Was thinking of getting one, but not sure what is good and safe to use

Hi sqmummy,

ImageUploadedByForum1426566218.153931.jpg

This is what my fren recommend me

Haha yea I like ... team princesses :D
Yesterday went bugis wholesale to shop for baby home wear ....... the little teeny weeny pyjamas for newborns are so cuteeeeeeee. ... been a long long time ever since I seen them ......

View attachment 503285[/QUOTE]

The pj so cute, how much are they selling? I like button up top as seems easier to wear for the baby.

Hi Sane, ive heard of this shop before but despite being a frequent bugis shopper i dont know where this is. possible to share??

I actually went shopping in JB last weekend. didnt get much except socks and milk bottles cos we need a lot of them when the baby is shuffling between 2 homes.
Jam into JB was close to 3 hrs... xin ku. but wanted to see the market there. think we need more intel.

Ic .... maybe u get ur hub to shop for the necessities instead as it's a torture of not being able to go to the loo for 3hrs. Anyway the selection there is limited right.

Haha yup at Guangyin temple there, the address are as follows:

"Shen Kwong Trading Co."
Think this shop is kind of like a wholesaler type of shop.
In my personal view, the baby clothes there are simple/plain & more for at home wear.
Some are per pack of 6 pieces (same design) for $10 or $12.
I bought a pack of baby hanky (12ieces) there for $3.

Anyway, you can check it out at Blk 269 Queen Street #01-246 (S) 183269, Tel Tel: 6338 3260.

The pj so cute, how much are they selling? I like button up top as seems easier to wear for the baby.

It is better to get button up top for newborns as their neck is still very soft, easier to wear for them.

It comes in a pack of 6 so each pack is $11 for both long and short sleeve. Same with the pants. The dots and the pink ones are so adorable :)

Ic .... maybe u get ur hub to shop for the necessities instead as it's a torture of not being able to go to the loo for 3hrs. Anyway the selection there is limited right.

Haha yup at Guangyin temple there, the address are as follows:

"Shen Kwong Trading Co."
Think this shop is kind of like a wholesaler type of shop.
In my personal view, the baby clothes there are simple/plain & more for at home wear.
Some are per pack of 6 pieces (same design) for $10 or $12.
I bought a pack of baby hanky (12ieces) there for $3.

Anyway, you can check it out at Blk 269 Queen Street #01-246 (S) 183269, Tel Tel: 6338 3260.

It is better to get button up top for newborns as their neck is still very soft, easier to wear for them.

It comes in a pack of 6 so each pack is $11 for both long and short sleeve. Same with the pants. The dots and the pink ones are so adorable :)

thanks, ya, good for at home wear because they outgrow so fast, plus these are the ones that get soiled easily so I may not want to spend too much on them. My friend just passed me a little of her niece's clothing, got ralph lauren baby wear :eek:.. im like ....

the prices you mentioned are reasonable enough.. haha no need to go JB find liao really.
actually i enjoy jb trips all along, of cos minus the jam. usually need to empty bladder before set off. then at your first destination run to toilet wahahha

thanks, ya, good for at home wear because they outgrow so fast, plus these are the ones that get soiled easily so I may not want to spend too much on them. My friend just passed me a little of her niece's clothing, got ralph lauren baby wear :eek:.. im like ....

the prices you mentioned are reasonable enough.. haha no need to go JB find liao really.
actually i enjoy jb trips all along, of cos minus the jam. usually need to empty bladder before set off. then at your first destination run to toilet wahahha

There are many baby fairs around too, good and reasonable priced :).
Not necessary to go to JB. If u go to spree sections, can get the brands at good disc :)

hmmm.. i used medicated plaster from my chinese physician when I had quite a serious backache a few weeks ago.. she said okay to use but not for long periods of time..

actually i had an interesting discussion with my gynae last week during our appointment. We were discussing for severe muscle spasm that I had (before the appointment), there are actually 2 options to consider :
(1) take 1 x muscle relaxant pill (e.g. anarex)- this is deemed as dangerous by most people as they are concerned of the effects of muscle relaxants. however, the effect sinks in quickly and treatment is shortened, probably the problem will go away after 1 pill
(2) use medicated plasters - many of these actually disperse painkillers like aspirin into problem areas through the skin. however, for certain severe pain, effect is limited and in my case I had to do this for at least 3 whole days

Then in comparison, she told me her opinion is that the 2nd method, though favored by most, actually means an increased dosage as compared to method 1. to her, if the concern is affecting the baby, then we can opt for lowest dosage option.

of cos in different cases, we have different options and need to weigh them against the length of treatment and severity of pain.

My gynae also said something quite assuring for us - by now the baby's basic organs are formed and working well, so any adverse reaction in cases where dosage is mismanaged, will at most impact the size and is unlikely to be life-threatening.

maybe this can be a guideline to keep in mind, at your own comfort level of course;)

actually i had an interesting discussion with my gynae last week during our appointment. We were discussing for severe muscle spasm that I had (before the appointment), there are actually 2 options to consider :
(1) take 1 x muscle relaxant pill (e.g. anarex)- this is deemed as dangerous by most people as they are concerned of the effects of muscle relaxants. however, the effect sinks in quickly and treatment is shortened, probably the problem will go away after 1 pill
(2) use medicated plasters - many of these actually disperse painkillers like aspirin into problem areas through the skin. however, for certain severe pain, effect is limited and in my case I had to do this for at least 3 whole days

Then in comparison, she told me her opinion is that the 2nd method, though favored by most, actually means an increased dosage as compared to method 1. to her, if the concern is affecting the baby, then we can opt for lowest dosage option.

of cos in different cases, we have different options and need to weigh them against the length of treatment and severity of pain.

My gynae also said something quite assuring for us - by now the baby's basic organs are formed and working well, so any adverse reaction in cases where dosage is mismanaged, will at most impact the size and is unlikely to be life-threatening.

maybe this can be a guideline to keep in mind, at your own comfort level of course;)

Hi your gynea is nice to discuss this with you. Can you share who your gynea is? Thanks

Hi your gynea is nice to discuss this with you. Can you share who your gynea is? Thanks

She is Dr Dolly Wee , her clinic is in Mount E.. more of the veteran type. One of the main reasons Hubby and I stick to her is because she is very engaging... we will spend around 15-20 mins each time discussing various issues, some are even social and cultural issues regarding pregnancy, childbirth, even raising kids. Once she even asked about hubby and my background, we shared how different we are with hubby being only child, I am middle of 3 children, how the environment shaped our thinking and what we want for our child.

In general, she has interesting viewpoints because she advocates more natural methods. She also dont encourage being too paranoid and let nature take its course so it has been a very stress-free pregnancy for me so far. each visit is very enjoyable.

but i think all gynaes should also at least address issues we bring up to them, no?
One thing i do is for each visit i try to think of anything I need to ask her at this point, then do some online reading to see what information is out there. usually there are so many different viewpoints i just ask her what her take is, and try to understand why. usually we learn a lot that way, optimise the limited time we have for the consultation, and also pick up how to be more discerning on the so so many things we read and hear everyday.

Hi all
I am in my 18 weeks. Appetite still not good. N always feel bloated n kind of breathless. Anyone got this problem.

hi Sandcastle, i think the symptoms q common from what ppl share with me. for me the bloating is there, digestion is slower now. breathlessness i can detect when i am climbing stairs, like the very lousy stamina/ unfit feeling when previously running up multiple flights isnt a problem.
our bodies are working harder so it is natural. perhaps more walking will help.

Appetite will vary a little.. maybe the bloating is affecting your desire to eat cos so full. But i heard some cases appetite will suddenly increase a lot.. so maybe it will be soon. Meanwhile if volume is low just try to ensure enough meat and vege?

anyone started shopping for stuff? would you be getting a baby cot or letting your baby sleep in your bed?
would you buy a bouncer or rocker or just keep baby in playpen?

Thks FeatherDuster
This is my first bb thus am lost.

no worries, no.1 for me too, plus "unplanned" so i totally am clueless about pregnancy before cos no interest.
slowly read up bit by bit to understand what is behind the physiological changes so to know what we can expect, what is not good.

it can be very overwhelming but we are here for support. there are also active fb and whatsapp group for the aug mummies too if you wanna join.

no worries, no.1 for me too, plus "unplanned" so i totally am clueless about pregnancy before cos no interest.
slowly read up bit by bit to understand what is behind the physiological changes so to know what we can expect, what is not good.

it can be very overwhelming but we are here for support. there are also active fb and whatsapp group for the aug mummies too if you wanna join.

Hi FeatherDuster,

I would like to join the FB and Whatsapp group. Will you all mind?

Thank you :)

Congrats! As long as baby is healthy, that is the most happy thing!
And you wanted a girl, right? So this is double bonus!
Enjoy the shopping!

Interested to know more too! Was surfing their website after seeing sane's message... $60 for 60mins, the prenatal massage.
Sane, you started massage after 20 weeks?
The website mentioned after 2nd trimester thus I am unsure when is suitable.

@Piggling, @FeatherDuster
I like the massage very much, javanese style with soothing massage in a relax atmosphere with soft music playing at the playground, the masseur, a gentle malay lady massage will massage you with plenty of oil, pressing down gently on the sore aching area.
She get me to lay side way and hug the bolsters, covering the eyes with a soft cloth, first to apply oil and start massage the feet and toes , slowly moving up to calf, thighs ... with gentle soothing moves.
Then back rub on the sore area, boobs also followed by back, shoulder, head, face.
Prenatal is unlike the normal massage, won't exhaust strength on the acupressure points, no cracking of bones and no hard tumbling/knocking.
I like the lady.. v gentle and most not talkative. ... she let u sleep and won't talk... I kanna ever those auntie who talk non stop like doing a CNN interview.

can intro?

Thanks a lot!! Very helpful and informative! I agree with the stress free pregnancy environment. Seems that people always associate that the more the mothers suffer means it is the best for the baby!

She is Dr Dolly Wee , her clinic is in Mount E.. more of the veteran type. One of the main reasons Hubby and I stick to her is because she is very engaging... we will spend around 15-20 mins each time discussing various issues, some are even social and cultural issues regarding pregnancy, childbirth, even raising kids. Once she even asked about hubby and my background, we shared how different we are with hubby being only child, I am middle of 3 children, how the environment shaped our thinking and what we want for our child.

In general, she has interesting viewpoints because she advocates more natural methods. She also dont encourage being too paranoid and let nature take its course so it has been a very stress-free pregnancy for me so far. each visit is very enjoyable.

but i think all gynaes should also at least address issues we bring up to them, no?
One thing i do is for each visit i try to think of anything I need to ask her at this point, then do some online reading to see what information is out there. usually there are so many different viewpoints i just ask her what her take is, and try to understand why. usually we learn a lot that way, optimise the limited time we have for the consultation, and also pick up how to be more discerning on the so so many things we read and hear everyday.

Hey, we have the same gynea. You are the first person I know of in this group also gg to Dr Dolly Wee. I think she is experienced and straight forward in conveying information.

Hi FeatherDuster,

I would like to join the FB and Whatsapp group. Will you all mind?

Thank you :)

Hi Cheryl, the admin for the fb secret group is Mummyof3Jays here, but its faster to friend her on fb then request to add to Aug group... Her name in fb is Gloria Liu :)
then from there she can add you to whatsapp, based on the location you are in

Thanks a lot!! Very helpful and informative! I agree with the stress free pregnancy environment. Seems that people always associate that the more the mothers suffer means it is the best for the baby!

ya lor. if mummy so stress and worry all the time, or even made to think that she SHOULD suffer, i wonder how good it is for the baby.

chill and relax cant be bad!

Anyone switch gynae in between pregnancy? What do you do with your medical records? Do you redo all the tests and scans again? Or will the new gynae retrieve our records from the previous one? TIA for your response.

Hi Cheryl, the admin for the fb secret group is Mummyof3Jays here, but its faster to friend her on fb then request to add to Aug group... Her name in fb is Gloria Liu :)
then from there she can add you to whatsapp, based on the location you are in

Hi FeatherDuster,

Thanks for the info

made an interesting observation during the pregnancy so far.. i found that in the service line, most GUYS are more attentive/ observant!

1st incident when i was around 12w not showing much , even a lot of friends dont know I am pregnant. Went on board a flight and passed by many airport staff , no one asked. On board, a male flight attendant came to ask if I am pregnant

2nd incident shortly after, around 14w.. went to a usual stall where we know an auntie and uncle selling bee hoon and they always talk to us. Aunty didnt detect anything but uncle asked if i am pregnant

3rd case today, at 20wks, bump q obvious liao plus im wearing babydoll sundress. this aunty took my order for viet beef noodles at holland v, face all black and even give me some dirty look when i asked for less noodles (cos I wont be able to finish anyway). when food was served by a guy staff, he asked if I am pregnant and when i said yes, he sent my bowl of noodles back. I asked him why, he said because their beef is usually cooked medium and he asked the kitchen to make ot well-done. So i thanked him cos i didnt even think about it.
on my way home some lady was so busy talking to her friend she stepped on my feet even though there were plenty of space. ahaha like who cares about this pregnant person standing there...

pretty amused.

:rolleyes:o_O

Anyone switch gynae in between pregnancy? What do you do with your medical records? Do you redo all the tests and scans again? Or will the new gynae retrieve our records from the previous one? TIA for your response.

i have never switched before, but can i ask if you are switching gynaes within the same hospital? Cos that might be possible if records are in the same system

if switching across clinics or hospitals may be best to check with the previous gynae if the records can be given to you.. even though it may be awkward , but you are the patient and you should have the right to keep your record. then carry over to your new gynae for consultation.
cos it doesnt make sense to retake all the tests, esp some tests can only be taken at a certain time during your pregnancy

Hi all!! Have been stalking this page for a while! Am currently 16 wks wif my #2..

Yes I am switching Gynae. So far I told new Gynae what's the results etc.. They nvr ask for hard copy.

i have never switched before, but can i ask if you are switching gynaes within the same hospital? Cos that might be possible if records are in the same system

if switching across clinics or hospitals may be best to check with the previous gynae if the records can be given to you.. even though it may be awkward , but you are the patient and you should have the right to keep your record. then carry over to your new gynae for consultation.
cos it doesnt make sense to retake all the tests, esp some tests can only be taken at a certain time during your pregnancy

I'm currently at KKH but I intend to switch to a gynae who delivers at Mt A.. not sure whether I should be doing it or the new gynae will help to retrieve on my behalf.
That's what I thought too. How to retake those tests? unless I go back in time.. and I don't have extra cash to take the tests again.

Hope it's not too expensive to retrieve my own records. Thanks for your advice, @FeatherDuster.

Hi all!! Have been stalking this page for a while! Am currently 16 wks wif my #2..

Yes I am switching Gynae. So far I told new Gynae what's the results etc.. They nvr ask for hard copy.

Hi @hopeful78, wow, you remembered the results for all the tests and scans that you've taken? did the new gynae asked for the actual figures? I took quite a number of tests and scans.. can only vaguely remember either results are good or bad, that's all. :(
if you don't mind me asking, which gynae are you switching from to who?

I'm currently at KKH but I intend to switch to a gynae who delivers at Mt A.. not sure whether I should be doing it or the new gynae will help to retrieve on my behalf.
That's what I thought too. How to retake those tests? unless I go back in time.. and I don't have extra cash to take the tests again.

Hope it's not too expensive to retrieve my own records. Thanks for your advice, @FeatherDuster.

yeah hope it can be as fuss free as possible. KKH has patient services , perhaps they can help you check if retrieving records is possible?
If not , you found a new gynae yet? it will depend on how helpful their admin is, or their "policies".

yeah hope it can be as fuss free as possible. KKH has patient services , perhaps they can help you check if retrieving records is possible?
If not , you found a new gynae yet? it will depend on how helpful their admin is, or their "policies".

tried calling kkh but no one picks up the phone.. :(
just found a new gynae but will my appt is next week. that's why wanna check in advance first.. don't wanna go there blur blur and kenna ketok.. haha!

tried calling kkh but no one picks up the phone.. :(
just found a new gynae but will my appt is next week. that's why wanna check in advance first.. don't wanna go there blur blur and kenna ketok.. haha!

ah i see... did you call your new gynae clinic and ask them what is required? i believe those blood tests results (for hiv, iron deficiency etc) should be compulsory because they need to know if any treatment required and may impact your birthing options, not sure if kkh issued a copy to you when you took those tests.

actually there is a likelihood they may treat you as new case and assess from this point on. like if your new gynae check and baby doing well now, the rest can just slowly get, esp you can verbally tell him those test results first...

u wanna switch to Mount A ah.. im considering mt A but couldnt find information on the extent of their ongoing renovation.. may drop by a day to find out.
i think Aug period q headache plus im early Aug EDD so may hit national day.. which i really hope doesnt happen cos there are many who may plan to induce on that special day..

Hi @hopeful78, wow, you remembered the results for all the tests and scans that you've taken? did the new gynae asked for the actual figures? I took quite a number of tests and scans.. can only vaguely remember either results are good or bad, that's all. :(
if you don't mind me asking, which gynae are you switching from to who?

Actually for 1st Tri not much tests. My case slightly more complicated cux I had a vanishing twin. I m switching from SGH to Dr Chang at TMC

other than the results testing for DS and thalaessamia, KKH nurses didn't give me my results for the breasts U/S, and the rest of the U/S of my baby.. I suppose I'm considered a low-risk case so maybe not so bad? *thinking positively* I don't mind being treated as a new case as long as don't ask me to go for tests that I've gone before.

yes yes, I've been considering Mt A for quite a long time cos I heard the services are quite good. I'm quite a fussy person when it comes to customer service. can't rem where but I rem reading someone saying the reno will be ongoing till June. will go explore the hospital when I go for my appt next Thur. maybe can upload a photo or two here next week. :)

is this your #1? are you going for natural birth or c-sect? many people around me said that there's a high chance for first born to be early by two weeks. not sure whether true or not but if it's true, mine will also fall on national day. *high five* I also don't want baby to be born on that day. too many born on that day implies that we may not be able to get the room we want..

other than the results testing for DS and thalaessamia, KKH nurses didn't give me my results for the breasts U/S, and the rest of the U/S of my baby.. I suppose I'm considered a low-risk case so maybe not so bad? *thinking positively* I don't mind being treated as a new case as long as don't ask me to go for tests that I've gone before.

yes yes, I've been considering Mt A for quite a long time cos I heard the services are quite good. I'm quite a fussy person when it comes to customer service. can't rem where but I rem reading someone saying the reno will be ongoing till June. will go explore the hospital when I go for my appt next Thur. maybe can upload a photo or two here next week. :)

is this your #1? are you going for natural birth or c-sect? many people around me said that there's a high chance for first born to be early by two weeks. not sure whether true or not but if it's true, mine will also fall on national day. *high five* I also don't want baby to be born on that day. too many born on that day implies that we may not be able to get the room we want..

ah i see. if basic blood test results you have then it would help your new gynae side. for previous scans of baby like you said if no issues, then should be ok since now can see even more when he scan :)

ya if certain aspects like patient services is very important to you, my reading of what goes on at kkh doesnt sound like something you would be happy with.
my gynae says mount E services are good too. actually the cost difference is not very much when i compared. but i go mount E for appointments and I feel that getting there is a problem because there are many potential traffic jam points being in town... imagine you are in pain and you are stuck in traffic.. haha

ah yeah then you also likely to delivery early aug. my edd is 2 Aug, #1, so not sure when will deliver. hoping hoping can go natural, im afraid of C-sect and the painful recovery after. ahaha. that day I was just entertaining thoughts that if baby dont wanna come out by deadline 3 Aug i can induce, so as to avoid 9 Aug. Maybe need to find out more about inducing labour first, and its risks. it gives me a very "organized" and "in control" feel, like induce then the water breaking mess and handling contraction can all be done in the hospital. no drama screaming at home or worse, water break when outside.. hahaha
watch too much drama

hi all!!! I'm almost 17 weeks and my EDD is 5th Sept but think that my bb girl will arrive earlier.. anyone started looking around for maternity clothes?

Hi all, I went to register on the dumex forum group. They sent me this goodies package which I think is quite helpful. There's nursing pad. Nutrition guidrline. Some voucher. Pampers changing sheet.

Can go to register. Anyway, anyone joined the first mum and dad congress ytd? Personally think is quote good info. At least mu husband knows more abt pregnancy journey haha
Hi can provide the hyperlink? Thanks

Actually I think it is okie for you to ask for a set of whatever test results you did with your gynae. For my gynae, usually she will give me a copy of my test results for me to keep. Example, blood test, Oscars scan results etc. I think a good gynae should also be gracious that sometimes their patients need to switch due to certain reasons. Hope you can get your results from your old gynae. :)

Hi all, new to this forum and first time MTB. Wanted to ask if it's safe to use whitening products during pregnancy? SG is getting very humid and I'm thinking of switching deodorant that has whitening properties for underarms but not sure if it's safe? Any thoughts? Many thanks.

hi all!!! I'm almost 17 weeks and my EDD is 5th Sept but think that my bb girl will arrive earlier.. anyone started looking around for maternity clothes?

I started wearing maternity clothes in the first tri. ... now I think i have outgrown my maternity clothes :confused:

Hi all, new to this forum and first time MTB. Wanted to ask if it's safe to use whitening products during pregnancy? SG is getting very humid and I'm thinking of switching deodorant that has whitening properties for underarms but not sure if it's safe? Any thoughts? Many thanks.

I dont feel comfortable with deodorants. Even with perfume, i spray on my clothes only. ;)

Back