(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I'm down with fever, cough and runny nose since Sat nite (1 after another). Felt really sick to be down. :-( Understand need to drink lotsa warm/hot water but water taste really awful. Now trying to add lemon slices to the water I drink. Managed to drink more but the aftertaste in the mouth still make me wanna puke. :-(

I not sure if warm water or cold water makes a diff. I read that it may be good not to take too hot food as it will add to the nausea. I put lemon slices in cold water just now and was able to eat my lunch, like normally. I feel so grateful. Gosh.

They just called me today, got a date on the 09 Jan 1030am. AMC level 1 ... heehee ...
Hopefully can sneak a glance of the gender
So nice to have a twin sister. I always wish that I have one or at least a sister.
Amc level 1 is for counselling and blood test. The scan is done at adc at level 2. They should be giving you two appts. You want to confirm? The process I go through is counselling ( part of their standard process ) and then they will give the appts for blood test and scan.

Are you guys feeling the same.. Dread at the thought of eating - when u eat actually u feel fine - after eating, u feel there's a tornado in your tummy..
I think my ms is quite mild but I also can't take it :(
Hope all of us get to week 12 soon!

I was hoping after week 12 ms will gradually stop...

But i read over here some mummies had ms till they deliver..

A friend told me only minority has ms till they deliver.

It seems to work abit for me, like not so nausea, may still feel abit but wont gag that much. I read the instructions that It is safe because it is drug-free, it works on pressing against this acupuncture point on our wrist. I seen some ladies tried before so I also try but some said useful, some said soso.

Oic. Ok great thanks. . I think i will get it tomorrow. I been feel nauseous the past 2 weeks. Cannot do anything. After work rush home & lie ok bed.. im now 8 weeks+
i hope it end soon..

Are you guys feeling the same.. Dread at the thought of eating - when u eat actually u feel fine - after eating, u feel there's a tornado in your tummy..

Yes i have no feel/mood to eat anything. But i do feel better if i eat burger. Haha
my ms is getting from bad to worst.. and i cant wait for week 12 to arrive and hope ms gradually fade off.

When he went thru w me, he said they both test the 3 types of trisomies. That's why he asks me to choose one. Harmony only adds the gender chrosome. Maybe ur gynae thought of saving money for u.

Oic.. probably.. because i was telling him that oscar not so accurate so i prefer harmony. But he insist that oscar is sufficient. Haha..

Yes i have no feel/mood to eat anything. But i do feel better if i eat burger. Haha
my ms is getting from bad to worst.. and i cant wait for week 12 to arrive and hope ms gradually fade off.
Burger sounds nice. Images of mos burger kept popping into my head recently esp since one outlet just opened near my office.
My ms actually got better today but feel overwhelmed by tiredness. Three more work days to survive...

My colleague's wife had ms until ahe delivered. She was hospitalised 4 times cos of ms... but she is the only one i know of so far that is like that

same here.. sometimes e tot of food will feel like puking.. den aft eating spinning stomach.. if can puke out abit will feel better.. all my pregnancies v lucky to hv mild ms.. n all i cannot stand dried fried oil smell..

Oic. Ok great thanks. . I think i will get it tomorrow. I been feel nauseous the past 2 weeks. Cannot do anything. After work rush home & lie ok bed.. im now 8 weeks+
i hope it end soon..

Totally understand how you feel. I also ard 8+ weeks and feeling nausea and the worse is keep going toilet to pee.

I also find fast food tempting but my husband keep want me to try and eat healthy stuff. I see broccoli, i want to puke. Sigh.

Amc level 1 is for counselling and blood test. The scan is done at adc at level 2. They should be giving you two appts. You want to confirm? The process I go through is counselling ( part of their standard process ) and then they will give the appts for blood test and scan.
so many dept blur already. Okok tks. I will check it out :)

same here.. sometimes e tot of food will feel like puking.. den aft eating spinning stomach.. if can puke out abit will feel better.. all my pregnancies v lucky to hv mild ms.. n all i cannot stand dried fried oil smell..
I guess mine also considered mild. Only feel nauseous but actual puking can count with my fingers...
last time my mom cannot stand the smell of rice. Lucky i not like that or else not much to eat...

Totally understand how you feel. I also ard 8+ weeks and feeling nausea and the worse is keep going toilet to pee.

I also find fast food tempting but my husband keep want me to try and eat healthy stuff. I see broccoli, i want to puke. Sigh.
I think eat once in a while still ok. But nowadays i try to switch to healthier stuff like brown rice for dinner. If i eat fast food i will choose fish based burgers. Snacks wise i also try to eat more whole grain based snacks like cereal or granola bars but getting sick of it...last night i ate half a portion of cup noodles!!! But i told hubby only can add half seasoning. He complained so awful haha.

I'm abt 10 weeks. . Before that no ms, only thing is that I can only eat healthy food.. All my fav fast food dun appeal to me at all especially meat... last 2 days start to hv mild ms.. but dunno is it motion sickness or the gases in my stomach..
My 12 weeks reaching soon yeah... =D
Jia you to all~~

I am one of them lor..really hope this preg..MS will ease off & I can stomach some food.
After d drip n med IV, 1day nia..my ms episode starts again

Hi mummies!

Could I join all of you?

This is my #2, my #1 is currently 13 mths old.
My EDD is 31 July actually, but I decided to join Aug thread cos I saw a few MTBs who are also with Dr Han How Chuan at KKH.
Maybe could exchange experiences? ;)

MS for me started quite early this time round, ard week 5 or so. I'm at week 11 now and still feeling nauseous throughout the day.
Have been able to keep food down so far, hope MS could subside soon. My MS subsided at 14 weeks for my previous pregnancy.

I opted out of OSCAR as per my previous pregnancy. Need to sign consent form for it. cos I'm in my mid-30s.

Random question, for those of you expecting #2 or #3, are you having maid or intend to juggle work, chauffeuring to nanny/childcare, post job caregiving, by own self?
My hubb is not keen to engage maid but I foresee a Prob chauffeuring a 3yo n a newborn all by himself to school.

Random question, for those of you expecting #2 or #3, are you having maid or intend to juggle work, chauffeuring to nanny/childcare, post job caregiving, by own self?
My hubb is not keen to engage maid but I foresee a Prob chauffeuring a 3yo n a newborn all by himself to school.

I do not have a maid and both husband and me not very keen on having a maid either.
Our plan is to send #1 to childcare when he turned 2 years old and have the #2 taken care of by my in-laws during the day.
My mum has been helping me with #1 so far as she stays with us, so it's really a blessing for us.
Housework wise, I'm still doing the washing, ironing, cooking as and when possible if I'm not too tired from work.

I plan to be a SAHM when my #1 turns 5 years old, so these few years no choice have to work and save $$$.

Ya man. By right we shld feel better in 2nd tri. I can't eat too fast too :( keep getting indigestion

Dunno to puke or not to puke. Haha.. I think Shld feel better after puking but I dun think it is good in the long run..

Find a nanny who stays near you?
If hb is a good help, I feel that 2 still can manage.

Hi mummies!

Could I join all of you?

This is my #2, my #1 is currently 13 mths old.
My EDD is 31 July actually, but I decided to join Aug thread cos I saw a few MTBs who are also with Dr Han How Chuan at KKH.
Maybe could exchange experiences? ;)

MS for me started quite early this time round, ard week 5 or so. I'm at week 11 now and still feeling nauseous throughout the day.
Have been able to keep food down so far, hope MS could subside soon. My MS subsided at 14 weeks for my previous pregnancy.

I opted out of OSCAR as per my previous pregnancy. Need to sign consent form for it. cos I'm in my mid-30s.

Hi ... welcome welcome ... SL and I are seeing Dr Han. Are u seeing him too?
So nice to have kids with close age gap, i am in the mid 30's too so if you are not opting for Oscar, u opting for harmony or totally skip it.

I think eat once in a while still ok. But nowadays i try to switch to healthier stuff like brown rice for dinner. If i eat fast food i will choose fish based burgers. Snacks wise i also try to eat more whole grain based snacks like cereal or granola bars but getting sick of it...last night i ate half a portion of cup noodles!!! But i told hubby only can add half seasoning. He complained so awful haha.

I got food aversion towards a lot of food, and a lot is healthy food. LOL. I cant really take fish, maybe fish burgers can... hehe.
Now I just tell myself, try my best... if really cannot, I just eat whatever I can stomach.

I think most likely my mum will be looking after my no. 2 since my 1 is already in P3.
After lunch and bath, she will be going for her tuition till night so my mum will have more time to look after the bb.
With more experience this time, I am more confidence to handle the newborn too. :)

I got food aversion towards a lot of food, and a lot is healthy food. LOL. I cant really take fish, maybe fish burgers can... hehe.
Now I just tell myself, try my best... if really cannot, I just eat whatever I can stomach.

This one made me carve for fish daily especially salmon. :D
N when I taste salmon sashimi, the feel is like floating on the cloud though I know I m not supposed to :confused:

So nice to have kids with close age gap, i am in the mid 30's too so if you are not opting for Oscar, u opting for harmony or totally skip it.
Welcome! Yup yup. With Dr Han too. Can't wait to see him again next week!
I am also in my mid 30's.

Jayjtan, I am also starting to think of arrangements. Currently i am blessed my mil helps me with #1. I have a maid to help her though cos she takes care of 3 boys in total. The other 2 are 4 and 2 so quite a rowdy bunch. I plan to send #1 to school in July. #2 will go to my in laws when I return to work. I haven't ask her yet but I presume she is ok to help me haha. Thinking also how long I want to take maternity. There are benefits to stretching out the maternity leave. I could bring my boy to music class every fri for about 6 months.
Rurukumi, like u, i also have plans to either turn part time or stay at home in 3 years time. My in laws will move house so no longer able to help me. These few years must really save up. By then i will also not have a maid any more to cut down expenses. The quality of maids are so bad now anyway. Probably just get a part time to help clean the house. Hopefully early planning helps to make the transition smoother.

This one made me carve for fish daily especially salmon. :D
N when I taste salmon sashimi, the feel is like floating on the cloud though I know I m not supposed to :confused:
Mine likes cod fish haha. But it is so expensive now!
Piggling, how about unagi rice burgers from Mos burger? :)

Hi sane and slchua, great that your can take fish. :)
unfortunately, I have been taking salmon and cod fish before this because I was trying to be healthy and take more fish. So now, total aversion towards these two... LOL.
I have not tried unagi rice burgers from Mos Burger before... we can take unagi during pregnancy, right? Maybe I can give it a try.
I think I can still eat fish burgers.. the other day I tried fillet, I managed to eat 3/4.

Mine likes cod fish haha. But it is so expensive now!
Piggling, how about unagi rice burgers from Mos burger? :)
Maybe u go to ntuc and get instead? Baked cod fish with cream sauce and mozzarella cheese is so yummy. .. thai type with chilli and lemon is so yum too ....
I went to the wet market yesterday and was quoted a small pc of threadfin for $9.50.
I went to NTUC to get salmon instead, a fresh big pc cost less than $5, cooked baked salmon pasta for my gal yesterday.
Being a sahm is so much better, can cook nutritious food for our kids everyday.
Nothing beats seeing them enjoying the meal that we prepare for them. :)

Attachments

• img1420525035264.jpg
    img1420525035264.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 188
Maybe u go to ntuc and get instead? Baked cod fish with cream sauce and mozzarella cheese is so yummy. .. thai type with chilli and lemon is so yum too ....
I went to the wet market yesterday and was quoted a small pc of threadfin for $9.50.
I went to NTUC to get salmon instead, a fresh big pc cost less than $5, cooked baked salmon pasta for my gal yesterday.
Being a sahm is so much better, can cook nutritious food for our kids everyday.
Nothing beats seeing them enjoying the meal that we prepare for them. :)

yah, being a sahm is good... can watch over the kids. Are you currently one?
I am considering too because my parents/in laws stay faraway from me but am just afraid of the expenses and what if hubby suddenly loses his job.

Hi sane and slchua, great that your can take fish. :)
unfortunately, I have been taking salmon and cod fish before this because I was trying to be healthy and take more fish. So now, total aversion towards these two... LOL.
I have not tried unagi rice burgers from Mos Burger before... we can take unagi during pregnancy, right? Maybe I can give it a try.
I think I can still eat fish burgers.. the other day I tried fillet, I managed to eat 3/4.

Maybe u take more fish soup during lunch time instead? 鱼片汤, used to take that during lunchtime everyday. :)

I am considering too because my parents/in laws stay faraway from me but am just afraid of the expenses and what if hubby suddenly loses his job.

Forced to become one since the Co never confirmed my probation during pregnancy so I make use the best out of it, go marketing in the morning, fetching and cook for my gal, do some housework and go my mum's hse for dinner at night. Thinking to bring in children's wear in and sell since spring collection will be launching soon.
I will resume work force after birth because of the high living expenses.

My friend took one year off cos her hubby went to work in spain. Brought the two kids over. Best time of her life! I agree nothing beats the satisfaction of taking care of kids yourself.
Only problem is expenses are so high now and job security is less than before. My hubby also has the same concern if i dun work and he loses job how? His parents still need him to support them.

Maybe u take more fish soup during lunch time instead? 鱼片汤, used to take that during lunchtime everyday. :)
I don't have a stall that is near me but I will try to take it more. thanks for your advice. :)

Forced to become one since the Co never confirmed my probation during pregnancy so I make use the best out of it, go marketing in the morning, fetching and cook for my gal, do some housework and go my mum's hse for dinner at night. Thinking to bring in children's wear in and sell since spring collection will be launching soon.
I will resume work force after birth because of the high living expenses.

Yah, living expenses really very high, especially with little children.

My friend took one year off cos her hubby went to work in spain. Brought the two kids over. Best time of her life! I agree nothing beats the satisfaction of taking care of kids yourself.
Only problem is expenses are so high now and job security is less than before. My hubby also has the same concern if i dun work and he loses job how? His parents still need him to support them.

Yah, I think it is definitely one of her best time since she can spend a lot of time with her kids and watch them grow.
I am also very worried about job security. If only one person working and that one person loses the job, it is going to be very tough.

Find a nanny who stays near you?
If hb is a good help, I feel that 2 still can manage.
My hubb is a good help, totally hands on with no 1 plus doing all housework.
Probably I am overly worried. If my boy wants him carry too n he has to manage the small 1..how to chauffeur to school which is a drive away,when I can't go with them & no elderly to help out

I'm abt 10 weeks. . Before that no ms, only thing is that I can only eat healthy food.. All my fav fast food dun appeal to me at all especially meat... last 2 days start to hv mild ms.. but dunno is it motion sickness or the gases in my stomach..
My 12 weeks reaching soon yeah... =D
Jia you to all~~

Yeah same here! Im almost 10 weeks too!!! Cant wait for another 2 weeks to end this MS (fingers crossed) and can stop taking hormone pills.

My hubb is a good help, totally hands on with no 1 plus doing all housework.
Probably I am overly worried. If my boy wants him carry too n he has to manage the small 1..how to chauffeur to school which is a drive away,when I can't go with them & no elderly to help out
Ur hub is real good. :)

Real glad he's very involved.but so much so he keeps telling me he can also manage #2 all my himself. Told me even with maid, he will Oso do housework himself. But I Thot at least with a maid, there's extra pair of hands & help when needed.i starts work early & can't Help chauffeur kids with him
Plus heart pain him. Want to ease his load thou off course maid does comes with its fair share of problem.

Real glad he's very involved.but so much so he keeps telling me he can also manage #2 all my himself. Told me even with maid, he will Oso do housework himself. But I Thot at least with a maid, there's extra pair of hands & help when needed.i starts work early & can't Help chauffeur kids with him
Plus heart pain him. Want to ease his load thou off course maid does comes with its fair share of problem.
Wah. Very hardworking. U are so blessed! Maids have lots of problems nowadays. Like princess. Hard to find a good one. And most of them i find not committed. Supposed to work two years but after a while cannot tahan want go home.

Wah. Very hardworking. U are so blessed! Maids have lots of problems nowadays. Like princess. Hard to find a good one. And most of them i find not committed. Supposed to work two years but after a while cannot tahan want go home.
Yah my friends hv a fair share with uncommitted 1s.another's her maid committed suicide after 3mths with her.definately not overworked coz she basically does housework.my frd still very traumatized over it n worse..the agent refuse send d body home ,even call my frd on d 7th day ask if d maid returns!!

Welcome! Yup yup. With Dr Han too. Can't wait to see him again next week!
I am also in my mid 30's.

Jayjtan, I am also starting to think of arrangements. Currently i am blessed my mil helps me with #1. I have a maid to help her though cos she takes care of 3 boys in total. The other 2 are 4 and 2 so quite a rowdy bunch. I plan to send #1 to school in July. #2 will go to my in laws when I return to work. I haven't ask her yet but I presume she is ok to help me haha. Thinking also how long I want to take maternity. There are benefits to stretching out the maternity leave. I could bring my boy to music class every fri for about 6 months.
Rurukumi, like u, i also have plans to either turn part time or stay at home in 3 years time. My in laws will move house so no longer able to help me. These few years must really save up. By then i will also not have a maid any more to cut down expenses. The quality of maids are so bad now anyway. Probably just get a part time to help clean the house. Hopefully early planning helps to make the transition smoother.

Thanks Ladies!

I saw him since my #1.
Decided to go back to him cos I like the way he made decisions and of course his sense of humour lah.
I am skipping all tests as we would keep the baby regardless of the result.
You could imagine the anxiety my husband and I had when we went for the 5 mth detailed scan for #1 cos we didn't know what to expect.
So worried that things would not be fine as Dr Han normally scan very fast for the monthly visits. Sometimes he would forget to pass us the ultrasound scans.:oops:

This time round my maternity leave would stretch to 5 mths as I work in a school. End of 4 mths would fall in Nov and would get to have December off too because of the school holidays. :) Hope to spend a longer time with #2 this time round.

Tips from tmc shared by mr frd:
To ease ms, try GREEN apple juice.must be green. It adds nutrients to the baby too.
My frd tried & effective.i have yet to try..

Hope this helps for mtb suffering from ms

I don't have a stall that is near me but I will try to take it more. thanks for your advice. :)

Yah, living expenses really very high, especially with little children.

I miss the one at 409 amk Ave 10 market, the fish so fresh n thick with their special sauce n so yum when they add bitter gourd.

Thanks Ladies!

I saw him since my #1.
Decided to go back to him cos I like the way he made decisions and of course his sense of humour lah.
You could imagine the anxiety my husband and I had when we went for the 5 mth detailed scan for #1 cos we didn't know what to expect.
So worried that things would not be fine as Dr Han normally scan very fast for the monthly visits. Sometimes he would forget to pass us the ultrasound scans.:oops:

This time round my maternity leave would stretch to 5 mths as I work in a school. End of 4 mths would fall in Nov and would get to have December off too because of the school holidays. :) Hope to spend a longer time with #2 this time round.

So nice to work in a school with 5mths maternity leave. I like Dr Han too because he don't have a "there's nothing to be done" attitude. He's more into taking preventive measures.
Did u start taking the supplements? I requested for neurogains and I realised after taking the supplements, my urine is so yellow!

Tips from tmc shared by mr frd:
To ease ms, try GREEN apple juice.must be green. It adds nutrients to the baby too.
My frd tried & effective.i have yet to try..

Hope this helps for mtb suffering from ms

I realised dried mango works for me. The green dried mango from Philippines is so yum yum!

Thanks Ladies!

I saw him since my #1.

Yeah cheers to his sense of humour. We always enjoy his jokes. Envy envy u can spend so long maternity!!!

I miss the one at 409 amk Ave 10 market, the fish so fresh n thick with their special sauce n so yum when they add bitter gourd.

So nice to work in a school with 5mths maternity leave. I like Dr Han too because he don't have a "there's nothing to be done" attitude. He's more into taking preventive measures.
Did u start taking the supplements? I requested for neurogains and I realised after taking the supplements, my urine is so yellow!

I realised dried mango works for me. The green dried mango from Philippines is so yum yum!
Great that u found your comfort food :)
I still on the search for mine as it keeps changing..haha

Great that u found your comfort food :)
I still on the search for mine as it keeps changing..haha

Me too, still searching for it... Maybe when MS is over, we still have not found it... haha.
But I realised when I am back at work, usually lunchtime, will be abit better, like MS suddenly will put on hold awhile so that I can eat normally in front of colleagues though during other parts of the working day, I will be gagging. I just hope can try to hide from colleagues till after first trimester.

Back