(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

mummies im dying to eat pig trotters vinegar. where can I get it ard city area like chinatown or along the west???

Chill out at siloso beach, supposed to be a beach day for the gals but it rains.

No beer for me now ..... so i substitute with mocktail:(
20493059075b28a7d21d6ca89e96f9afec2cd264.jpg

Keke so tempted to get mint mojito.

nice bump... mine oso very big. looks like 4 to 5 months... shorts cannot button anymore. i console myself by saying its #3 so stretched liao :x

U can bake pineapple tarts!! Yum yum .... I cant wait so i get the instant one.
I asked the mum and the auntie seller, they say ok to eat but everything in moderation. I ate max 3 pcs in a day.

Me too... getting obvious at 2nd months onwards. Now wearing maternity pants, normal pants can't fit in already :D

Last edited:
Thanks mummies for your encouragement.

Rurukumi, when we first found out positive from the test strips after i suspect preggy as im been losing appetit n super sleepy, my hubby make an assessment and he think prob letting go is better. Then i broke down w tears as i wanted to keep the baby. He said he just wanted to have a discussion and yet to make a decision. Then i avoid the topic the 2nd night. Then the 3rd morning my hubby told me we shd keep the bb after some thots as : LIFE COMES WITH REASONS AND DESTINY TO BE CREATED.

But i becm worried and have actually thot to give up is a better option. Unexpectedly my hubby is firm abt keeping the bb even after i repeatly ask if he is sure. Im not sure if he did that becoz of me. But he told me he cant bear to take the bb away.
I'm sure you and hb will do a good job. Jiayou and stay positive :)

Annpine, I also dun intend to travel for work. This wed i am seeing my gynae and i will ask him whether he can give me a letter. I dun feel good travelling without my hubby around me. And i dun want my in laws to blame me if anything happens. Have u told ur boss yet? I did tell my boss but i dunno whether it sank into his head i meant the entire pregnancy haha. I have to find chance to remind him again.
Plus mine is go malaysia and we can only take budget airlines. My hubby all the more say don't go.

Chill out at siloso beach, supposed to be a beach day for the gals but it rains.

No beer for me now ..... so i substitute with mocktail:(
20493059075b28a7d21d6ca89e96f9afec2cd264.jpg

Keke so tempted to get mint mojito.

U can bake pineapple tarts!! Yum yum .... I cant wait so i get the instant one.
I asked the mum and the auntie seller, they say ok to eat but everything in moderation. I ate max 3 pcs in a day.

Me too... getting obvious at 2nd months onwards. Now wearing maternity pants, normal pants can't fit in already :D

i love to bake. but a bit lazy for this pregnancy. haha.. i hope my energy will come back soon. else cant bake for friends and relatives

wow it has been hectic for me for e past few days.. my #2 was admitted to KKH.. yst test result came out to be rotavirus.. quite serious vomitting n diarrhoea.. usually alr dun slp well.. plus e stay in hospital made it worst... so busy until i forgot im pregnant.. the little bud oso will remind me by making me nauseous sometimes in e morning.. haha

tc. hope you can get some help... when i was pregnant with #2, my #1 admit in hospital due to stomach flu. lucky i never catch it from her. I stayed in hospital with her. Hb cant take leave. Mum and mil come in noon look after her while i rest. at night i sleep on the hospital bed and she in cot. she was 3 plus den. very xinku. backache

Thanks Sane, SL and mummyof3jays.... Sadly it's for work and hopeful I can find suitable colleagues to sub me cos my husband is super concerned since is #1 but my 2nd pregnancy.

Hi Annpine, i travelled to Europe at 4+ to 5 weeks. It was for holidays and it was planned before I knew so i went ahead. I was so worried, I went for early scan before the trip.
The trip to me was horrible, I keep worrying on the long flight and there was transit. I cried at transit because the waiting time was 7hrs and I was very tired. I almost wanted to change ticket and fly home.
Upon reaching there, I fell sick shortly. Horrible. Then MS started. Had craving for Chinese food like porridge but how to find there? Overall, i did not enjoy it and i now have phobia of the countries I went to. On plane, I keep worry when there is turbulence, etc. my heart never settle until I went for another scan when I came back.
I told my gynae I was worried sick, she told me actually it is okie to fly.
If you really have to go, it is okie to fly but just prepare yourself well and keep warm. I drank lots of fluids on plane and I keep going toilet and walk around.

It's ok to travel but the main challenge is the medical support available at the country u are travelling to. If the countries are like Myanmar or some European countries with language barriers, u may want to google translate pregnancy terms like "12 weeks pregnant", "fever", "diarrhea". If u are unfortunately sick during the holidays, u can seek for medical help using their local terms. Before u go, get some necessary medications from ur gynae. Generally it's safe to travel but remember to get ur travel insurance!

ic, still deciding if i should find a gynae from TMC as I stay in the west, NUH is much nearer to my house and more accessible for my family members.
but the consultation fee that NUH Women's clinic seems to be higher than the private gynae I visited yesterday...
still got much more research to do!!

Do share about the charges of NUH and TMC.

I do home made chicken essence based on tcm advice. Supposed to drink twice a week until week 12 but now i slack to once a week...

How abt those normal chicken essence? Do u know if we can drink that?

I have stopped taking collagen but was thinking to take Innershine and chicken essence to stay alert. Some weeks back i took black chicken soup and e next day, i felt refresh!

Went sushi tei dinner..before that took Maxalon, but still vommitted my dinner.duper hungry & weak now but Duno wat else to keep or how can I keep the food down.

How abt those normal chicken essence? Do u know if we can drink that?

I have stopped taking collagen but was thinking to take Innershine and chicken essence to stay alert. Some weeks back i took black chicken soup and e next day, i felt refresh!
I also wan to know of can take the normal bottle chicken essense or not.. i feel v tired no matter how much sleep i have.

The normal type of chicken essence i am not sure whether can drink. I know my tcm ask me to do home made to support the pregnancy. So normal chicken essence doesn't do the work. To 提神maybe can but safer to ask doc whether can drink?

Went sushi tei dinner..before that took Maxalon, but still vommitted my dinner.duper hungry & weak now but Duno wat else to keep or how can I keep the food down.

Can try to take lighter stuff? Maybe like porridge? Something that is light and easily swallow?

The normal type of chicken essence i am not sure whether can drink. I know my tcm ask me to do home made to support the pregnancy. So normal chicken essence doesn't do the work. To 提神maybe can but safer to ask doc whether can drink?

Can share how to make homemade chicken essence?

Do share about the charges of NUH and TMC.
I am seeing prof biswas at Nuh..package starts at week 20 & I think it has increased to $920(from $880) or stayed $880..I forgot.
But delivery wise.. If from natural to c-sec, they do not double charge.jus top the difference.
I agree Nuh Prof is not cheap..almost the same as private

my #1 is very happy. keep asking me about baby everyday. ask when my next scan etc...
#2 when told him at 1st , he ignore me.. but now slowly when i tell him thats baby inside, he will repeat me after me den pat pat my tummy

Hi Mummy of 3, how do u feel abt having no.3? Is it unplanned?

Annpine, I also dun intend to travel for work. This wed i am seeing my gynae and i will ask him whether he can give me a letter. I dun feel good travelling without my hubby around me. And i dun want my in laws to blame me if anything happens. Have u told ur boss yet? I did tell my boss but i dunno whether it sank into his head i meant the entire pregnancy haha. I have to find chance to remind him again.
Plus mine is go malaysia and we can only take budget airlines. My hubby all the more say don't go.

I have yet to have a good chance to speak to my boss on it.. So, was hoping to find someone to sub me. But would be tough for my colleagues as well.
For your case it's double complication with the recent unfortunate case...hopefully we'll all get this sorted out and nothing gets affected. Thank you.

Li
Hi Annpine, i travelled to Europe at 4+ to 5 weeks. It was for holidays and it was planned before I knew so i went ahead. I was so worried, I went for early scan before the trip.
The trip to me was horrible, I keep worrying on the long flight and there was transit. I cried at transit because the waiting time was 7hrs and I was very tired. I almost wanted to change ticket and fly home.
Upon reaching there, I fell sick shortly. Horrible. Then MS started. Had craving for Chinese food like porridge but how to find there? Overall, i did not enjoy it and i now have phobia of the countries I went to. On plane, I keep worry when there is turbulence, etc. my heart never settle until I went for another scan when I came back.
I told my gynae I was worried sick, she told me actually it is okie to fly.
If you really have to go, it is okie to fly but just prepare yourself well and keep warm. I drank lots of fluids on plane and I keep going toilet and walk around.

It's ok to travel but the main challenge is the medical support available at the country u are travelling to. If the countries are like Myanmar or some European countries with language barriers, u may want to google translate pregnancy terms like "12 weeks pregnant", "fever", "diarrhea". If u are unfortunately sick during the holidays, u can seek for medical help using their local terms. Before u go, get some necessary medications from ur gynae. Generally it's safe to travel but remember to get ur travel insurance!

Thanks mummies, I do have a strong team of coworkers supporting me in the respective countries so language and medical should fine, fortunately.

But I really don't like flying to start with, so I'm a little worried with my fluctuating ms and uncertain cravings would frustrate me and cause more trouble to others. And like piggling, I would be worried sick as well.

I will have to tell my boss about it and hopefully he'll understand. My area is very male dominating and maternity can sometimes be frown upon. Many thanks for the sharing and support. Thank you.

I was just told vinegar is a no no for pregnant mummies..

anyone having insomnia? I rem I was v tired during my prev tri 1 sleeping for 12 hrs straight..

i love to bake. but a bit lazy for this pregnancy. haha.. i hope my energy will come back soon. else cant bake for friends and relatives

It's v tiring to bake in big batches, maybe just do enough to satisfy the carve. I feel like baking banana cake too but feel so lazy nowadays :D

I have yet to have a good chance to speak to my boss on it.. So, was hoping to find someone to sub me. But would be tough for my colleagues as well.
For your case it's double complication with the recent unfortunate case...hopefully we'll all get this sorted out and nothing gets affected. Thank you.

If you don't feel comfy in travelling, better to tell your boss in advance so he can arrange somebody else.

Baby is the first priority, job we can find again but bb there's only 1. Take care :)

ah my morn sickness just started at 7 weeks... vomitted water right after I wake up. how do u manage this when u go to work? like suddenly wan to vomit when u r at yr seat with colleagues all ard u? take a plastic bag? dont think I can run to toilet in time.

ah my morn sickness just started at 7 weeks... vomitted water right after I wake up. how do u manage this when u go to work? like suddenly wan to vomit when u r at yr seat with colleagues all ard u? take a plastic bag? dont think I can run to toilet in time.
Same. Morning i vomit water or the bitter gastric juice. Too full will vomit food.
Lucky office toilet near me. I can quickly run. But when i m outside, i keep a plastic bag wif me in case i vomit.

Li

Thanks mummies, I do have a strong team of coworkers supporting me in the respective countries so language and medical should fine, fortunately.

But I really don't like flying to start with, so I'm a little worried with my fluctuating ms and uncertain cravings would frustrate me and cause more trouble to others. And like piggling, I would be worried sick as well.

I will have to tell my boss about it and hopefully he'll understand. My area is very male dominating and maternity can sometimes be frown upon. Many thanks for the sharing and support. Thank you.
I know someone who has to travel often. Even when her tummy is big, she still need to travel. I feel quite bad for her.. y boss not understanding.
Bb comes 1st. If u r reluctant, let your boss know.

I also heard vinegar is a no no but no explanation why. But dunno whether all vinegars or just the chinese vinegar. Just avoid for the time being eso first tri.

Let me try to find a good pic of homemade chicken essence. I think i got a hand drawn pic by my cousin. Easier to look at pic and describe.

Have a good start to the week!

Hope this pic is clear enough.

Can use a piece of breast meat each time. The yield is not a lot. The best way will be as shown in the pic. Place an inverted rice bowl in the cooker. Place the chicken on top of the bowl and cook. The essence will drip down to the bottom. I cannot recall how much time to cook. Probably half an hour will do. Later i ask my mil. She uses another type of pot. One which has a container with holes so the essence can drip down. But i don't have it at home. So i use a two tier steamer. Place the chicken on top tier and a bowl on second tier to collect the essence. That is my lazy way... but cos electric steamer not as strong as gas stove i find the essence by my mil is sweeter. Hope this helps. If on hormone pills drink twice a week is sufficient until 12 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG-20150112-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150112-WA0000.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 161
Same. Morning i vomit water or the bitter gastric juice. Too full will vomit food.
Lucky office toilet near me. I can quickly run. But when i m outside, i keep a plastic bag wif me in case i vomit.
I keep plastic bag too. And sour plums work for me to keep the nausea at bay.

Li

Share your sentiments. My office is male dominated too! The problem i feel is it makes them blind to the challenges of being a mother. Most of them have wives who either work part time or stay at home so it is easy for them to have meetings after work. But i have to rush like mad to rearrange my logistics.
We have office handphones so they also kind of expect you to be able to stay connected outside of work but I try not to respond after work to set some standards unless it is very urgent.

Share your sentiments. My office is male dominated too! The problem i feel is it makes them blind to the challenges of being a mother. Most of them have wives who either work part time or stay at home so it is easy for them to have meetings after work. But i have to rush like mad to rearrange my logistics.
We have office handphones so they also kind of expect you to be able to stay connected outside of work but I try not to respond after work to set some standards unless it is very urgent.
My office is single ladies dominated. So don't think they will take it well when i tell my bosses. But upside is there are a few pregnant ladies now. Sg50 is fertile year. Haha.

I also have bad MS/nausea at work too.. sian... Sometimes like going to vomit out abit le, reflexes make me swallow back. Yucks. I very scare will vomit in front of colleagues too, hoping that can tide through first trimester.

My office is single ladies dominated. So don't think they will take it well when i tell my bosses. But upside is there are a few pregnant ladies now. Sg50 is fertile year. Haha.
I think usually mothers and women who plan to have kids will be more understanding. Or husbands whose wives had very bad ms will also be understanding. Even some of the married women in my office but not intending to have kids type work like crazy and worse expect you to do that too.
I am slightly fortunate that my direct boss is understanding cos he wife had 3 mcs before. But unfortunately i have more than 1 boss so have to navigate my way carefully.
Once i pass first tri i will approach my bosses to discuss options. I want to transfer dept when bb is out for stable hours.

I also have bad MS/nausea at work too.. sian... Sometimes like going to vomit out abit le, reflexes make me swallow back. Yucks. I very scare will vomit in front of colleagues too, hoping that can tide through first trimester.
If really have to vomit out no choice cos hold back sometimes feel even worse. But i know what u mean. I have scenarios playing through my head what should i do if i am stuck in a mtg etc. If at my desk simple just reach for a plastic bag but if in meeting must run out halfway haha. And most of my meetings that i sit through are chaired by top management. It will be quite a sight to just run out haha. Worse, tomorrow got one with chairman so i must eat a snack before that to tahan the session....

If really have to vomit out no choice cos hold back sometimes feel even worse. But i know what u mean. I have scenarios playing through my head what should i do if i am stuck in a mtg etc. If at my desk simple just reach for a plastic bag but if in meeting must run out halfway haha. And most of my meetings that i sit through are chaired by top management. It will be quite a sight to just run out haha. Worse, tomorrow got one with chairman so i must eat a snack before that to tahan the session....

Yah, I also put plastic bag on desk and in my bag. During working time, I don't sit that close to my colleagues so even if I vomit out, still not that bad. Just during lunch times etc when we sit together then I hope can control.
I hope for you that you will be fine for the meeting. Maybe can take some sour plums, skittles in and secretly suck it during meetings.

I just hug my toilet bowl this am and the vomit is like purging water fr yr intestines... so deep inside also forcing out..

I smell peppermint eo, seem to help a lot. can drink peppermint tea a not? also drink ginger tea. eat sour plums..

Back