(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

will eating more papaya help with constipation? I am having constipation issues too. wanna get some papaya but those sold at the fruit stalls near my office are often soft and nua-nua like that. kinda gross..

There is one brand which has chocolate flavour. Cant remember the brand. I tried the sample and found it quite nice. Maybe easier to gain weight from maternal milk bah.
should be Annmum. I am drinking it now but not the choc one. i scare will worsen my constipation problems lol

will eating more papaya help with constipation? I am having constipation issues too. wanna get some papaya but those sold at the fruit stalls near my office are often soft and nua-nua like that. kinda gross..
they say too much papaya is no good le. will cause the bb to turn huang. m not to sure.

but i do take kiwi, yakult in the morning, drink alot of water, eat manuka honey and apples at night. i also take orange juice as well. it does help a little. i dont do big biz everyday but at least is doing it now every 2 days.

I've never been regular in the big biz department, so now even worse. :( gynae gave me some pills but I prefer not to take any and see if some diet change can help instead.

Thanks starry! Getting nervous over the test cos im 34 this yr, not dat young le...

Prunes, papayas, plums will help to relieve constipation. Hey the papaya thing turning bb yellow got abit of truth, but issit more during weaning? My fren fed her bb mostly carrots and papaya puree n said bb did looked more yellow haha.

really?? first time heard of honey and water will ease constipation! I shall try. thanks for the tip!

There was once i had really bad constipation for 3 days. I can't even sleep. It was terrible.
So i search online for some instant remedy for constipation.
And I manage to come across an article about hot water and honey can help, so i drank 2 huge glasses.
I think if i am not wrong, it stated that honey have mild laxative benefits.

Anyway, I was relieved of constipation after 4 hours.

Me also got this problem...will try honey!

Recently my hubby bought chia seeds from the States.
I heard it contain abundant nutrients like omega 3 and the fiber it contains can help to prevent the constipation that is frequent in pregnant women.
It looks like sesame seeds, and very popular among the cabin crews.
But not sure whether you can get it locally.
Other than honey water, i am also adding these seeds into my daily diet.

i have heard about the papaya turning baby yellowish but that's only during weaning stage also. and it's harmless, unlike jaundice.

hippo78, I cannot eat chia seeds. will go into sudden low blood sugar shock. nearly fainted the last time I tried to take some. so do approach with caution as I found out after the incident that chia seeds are not for everyone, especially if you are prone to dizziness or low blood pressure etc.. maybe in small quantities added into oatmeal or bread should be okay bah.

@cynn04, I am afraid if I drink maternal milk then become overweight liao. The funny thing is, gynae told me I am so thin, but hubby told me I am so fat. lols.... I believe my hubby knows my fat more rather than my gynae. :D

Yah la, my hubby oso. Last time when i was 45kg oso say I fat! Errr now i got no defence cos really got fat after #1.

Stupid men.

@cynn04, I am afraid if I drink maternal milk then become overweight liao. The funny thing is, gynae told me I am so thin, but hubby told me I am so fat. lols.... I believe my hubby knows my fat more rather than my gynae. :D

Don't need to worry about your weight gain so much, just eat whatever multi-vitamins given by your gynae and eat accordingly to your appetite, you will be fine. If you don't have extreme cause of MS, it will be okay.

For me, I am also very skinny, my weight before pregnancy is 37.5kg. Now I'm 12 weeks and weighing 38.6kg. My gynae didn't comment anything about my weight.

I have 4 kids and I only put on 8kg to 12kg. All of them came out weighing 2.8kg to 3kg,. Even though, they are not big. But consider I am small size, their weight, I think is quite okay.

So don't worry about weight increase so much, just eat a wide variety of food and you will be okay.

i have heard about the papaya turning baby yellowish but that's only during weaning stage also. and it's harmless, unlike jaundice.

hippo78, I cannot eat chia seeds. will go into sudden low blood sugar shock. nearly fainted the last time I tried to take some. so do approach with caution as I found out after the incident that chia seeds are not for everyone, especially if you are prone to dizziness or low blood pressure etc.. maybe in small quantities added into oatmeal or bread should be okay bah.

Yes definitely, i will monitor every now and then to see whether i can take it.
I tried it for a week, only add a tiny pinch into water, once a day. So far so good.

hippo78, glad it works for you! heard it has many benefits. too bad not suitable for me. one of my colleagues has high blood sugar and high blood pressure issue. he's been taking this and saying it is good! can buy from iHerb you know? seems to be cheaper than what local organic shops are offering.

@4gals i am 154cm too n used to weight 38kg but eventually increased to 41+ n now preggy it is gradually increasing... now "bak bak" liao haha.. for our height if put on too much will look short n stout! Lol

Hi starrymommy, kiwi helps with constipation... :)

Hi mummies! Have heard this Fybogel drink also help with constipation wor... :) maybe u all can try try...

Yeah I am very careful with outside fruits. Not sure if clean or not.

Hi mummies, I had constipation few weeks ago, and I hate that period where by I can't pass motion smoothly for few days. So what I tried was drink a big glass of water with empty stomach in the morning. Then I took cereal or whole meal bread for breakfast with a glass of pregnancy formulated milk and go to work. After I reach office, I continue to drink water. Then in the afternoon I will buy suopy food for lunch with 2 different kinds of fruits at fruit stall. After my lunch about 1 hour later, I'll slowly enjoy the 2 fruits i bought. And of course i drink lots of water throughout the day.

About papaya, yes, it's definately help for constipation. But as far I know, we can not just focus on 1 fruit to get the nutrients we need during pregnancy. So my formula is I'll 2 types of fruits every afternoon, and another 2 types of fruits the next day.

Sometime I eat an apple at night.

After I keep this diet pattern, I have no problem in pass motion.

About gaining weight, yes, I did. I gained 2 kg and I'm week 12 now. But 1 thing I need to share with u, i'm a big eater. I can eat a lot during lunch time and dinner. Haha! So I don't think drinking formulated milk is the main factor but it could be my bb and myself is the big eater. Haha

About gaining weight, yes, I did. I gained 2 kg and I'm week 12 now. But 1 thing I need to share with u, i'm a big eater. I can eat a lot during lunch time and dinner. Haha! So I don't think drinking formulated milk is the main factor but it could be my bb and myself is the big eater. Haha
Wah yeah u really eat alot! Haha...but that's good. I can't eat alot as my indigestion is really bad. I feel bloated even after drinking water and frankly I have been lacking on this part. Drinking plain water makes me gag :(

@momocrv my apetide was not good during week6-week 10. I vomitted a lot but stil can eat. My stomach bloated too and suffering constipation. That's really my most difficult period. Lucky my MS slowly disappear aft week 10 and my apetide become better. So I start slowly gain weight. I also worry gaining weight too much. But i saw pregnancy book before 1 week gain 500g is ideal. So I think mine shld be not consider overweight yet. Haha

Btw I was having terrible bloating issue as well but I went to a chinese doc at lavender and I am all good now (just a 4 days med) My tummy is not as huge and I have a normal diet now... But not sure if it is cause of the med or because I back in Mel... Anw if anyone is interested in chi doc, I can give you the details.

@momocrv my apetide was not good during week6-week 10. I vomitted a lot but stil can eat. My stomach bloated too and suffering constipation. That's really my most difficult period. Lucky my MS slowly disappear aft week 10 and my apetide become better. So I start slowly gain weight. I also worry gaining weight too much. But i saw pregnancy book before 1 week gain 500g is ideal. So I think mine shld be not consider overweight yet. Haha
It's ok as long as you can eat. Yeah i also had tough few weeks earlier now is much better. I try walk for 15mins every day after dinner. Helps me with the digestion as well as exercise to control weight.

Xp, thanks for sharing that! i don't really like the taste of Fybogel though. will try to ease constipation with fruits and warm honey water.

newbiemum, we work hard to shed off the weight after we popped, okay? :) my gf used to be 80kg. really big sized. but she was very disciplined in exercising and her diet. managed to lose more than 30kg! amazing right? it took her years though. so don't think it's impossible. just be persistent and make some changes to the diet. anyway, don't need to think of this now lah. later on.. once baby is out. hee hee!

StacyHF, you can also get from Qoo10! $46++ only, which works out to be cheaper than Amazon UK. been using it everyday since i got it and i love it.

For all the mummies who going to do Oscar scan or waiting the results, good luck to you! Hope everyone is getting the same result as mine and be a happy mother :)

I did my oscar scan last week and based on scan result Dr said it's low risk and now still waiting for the blood test. So amazing to see baby inside like swimming and moving. Hopefully the result is good!! And now my MS slowly disappear and i feel much better. Will start traveling on next 2 weeks for a short trip. Any mommy start traveling by plane?

Xp, thanks for sharing that! i don't really like the taste of Fybogel though. will try to ease constipation with fruits and warm honey water.

newbiemum, we work hard to shed off the weight after we popped, okay? :) my gf used to be 80kg. really big sized. but she was very disciplined in exercising and her diet. managed to lose more than 30kg! amazing right? it took her years though. so don't think it's impossible. just be persistent and make some changes to the diet. anyway, don't need to think of this now lah. later on.. once baby is out. hee hee!

StacyHF, you can also get from Qoo10! $46++ only, which works out to be cheaper than Amazon UK. been using it everyday since i got it and i love it.
Ok! I hope I won't gain too much weight hahaha cos gain is easy but losing is tough

I did my oscar scan last week and based on scan result Dr said it's low risk and now still waiting for the blood test. So amazing to see baby inside like swimming and moving. Hopefully the result is good!! And now my MS slowly disappear and i feel much better. Will start traveling on next 2 weeks for a short trip. Any mommy start traveling by plane?
I travelled for biz when I was 5 weeks and just recently at 12 weeks for work. So far it was ok just need to be careful. Enjoy ur pregnancy and holiday :)

I'll be going to New York in December. By then I should be 16 weeks by then. Hopefully there won't be the polar vortex or I'll be so cold! I will have a stop over at the Doha airport so at least the plane ride is broken up into two parts so it won't be so painful.

I'm in week 11 tomorrow and I'm also starting to feel much better. But taste buds are still bleah and my stomach feels empty but I don't feel hungry, which is such a torture.

I'll be going to New York in December. By then I should be 16 weeks by then. Hopefully there won't be the polar vortex or I'll be so cold! I will have a stop over at the Doha airport so at least the plane ride is broken up into two parts so it won't be so painful.

I'm in week 11 tomorrow and I'm also starting to feel much better. But taste buds are still bleah and my stomach feels empty but I don't feel hungry, which is such a torture.

Vinka, I travelled by plane when I was ard 8 wks or so. It's ok, just be careful dats all.

Stacy, so envious! New York is my dream city to go to, but never managed to do so even before my #1 cos the thought of the long flight is just arghh… i can nvr sleep on flights. Walk ard the plane more. Shld be a fun trip!

Hi mummies, anyone of you planning to color or rebond your hair now? My doc said is it fine to do it after the 1st trimester.

@momocrv, im nt plan to do so. The most i'll go to cut my hair only. I saw the pregnancy reference book mentiomed before, try to avoid to touch with any chemical things especially colour hair and perm hair. Unless there us an assurance the salon is not using any chemical ingreedients. Then u are safely to try.

Back