(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

hello! morning, ladies. :)

re: baby size
same as u ladies, measured by the crown to rump in cm then converted to gestation age, which shows that I conceived later than if I were to use LMP to calculate. 2-3 days off, so not very significant difference to me. :)

newbiemum80, really amazed how some of you can still fit into regular clothes! I have bought many many pieces of maternity/nursing wear for myself already. can't fit into my usual fit-&-flare dresses ever since 8 weeks preggy 'cos really look super fat! plus the short length of the dresses got even shorter with the bump protruding out. you don't have this problem?

so far I've been buying mainly from mothers en vogue. dresses are expensive, very heartpain when I see the prices but it's the only brand I feel I can wear from maternity to nursing and even back to work 'cos look quite formal. so I'm determined to wear them for a looooong time to make them worth it. haha!

newbiemum80, really amazed how some of you can still fit into regular clothes! I have bought many many pieces of maternity/nursing wear for myself already. can't fit into my usual fit-&-flare dresses ever since 8 weeks preggy 'cos really look super fat! plus the short length of the dresses got even shorter with the bump protruding out. you don't have this problem?

so far I've been buying mainly from mothers en vogue. dresses are expensive, very heartpain when I see the prices but it's the only brand I feel I can wear from maternity to nursing and even back to work 'cos look quite formal. so I'm determined to wear them for a looooong time to make them worth it. haha!

@starrymommy, mebbe becoz u r 3rd times mommy le, so bump looks obvious even in the early stage ...... I also can still fit my regular clothes, but of coz those loose one lar. Those tight type one, I already put into my storage liao.

any mummies tried using the belly button band before? Any review?
is that something like a tape to cover the popped out belly button?

Have any mummies here belly button popped out already? My tummy only looks fat now, other than that still same as pre-pregnancy. Linea nigra also have not appreared yet......

oh, so that was what you were talking about. :) my belly button has popped out since 2.5 weeks ago. lol! don't intend to do anything to it cos my skin there sensitive, starting to get tight and will itch.

i can barely fit into my dress anymore especially the butt area. even now my home clothes, especially the bottoms. so tight. i am wearing tights and maternity / loose top now. so probably still can reused for a longer time

is that something like a tape to cover the popped out belly button?

Have any mummies here belly button popped out already? My tummy only looks fat now, other than that still same as pre-pregnancy. Linea nigra also have not appreared yet......
my belly button not yet. but linea nigra a very light one is form

hello! morning, ladies. :)

re: baby size
same as u ladies, measured by the crown to rump in cm then converted to gestation age, which shows that I conceived later than if I were to use LMP to calculate. 2-3 days off, so not very significant difference to me. :)
mine so far only the initial is a few days smaller. now is 1-2 days bigger . but i think still ok except that day got a shock when the last min gynae say the head is smaller

Hi mummies, I am a May mummy-to-be and I have been following the threads for a while (lurking :p).

I have been shopping around for maternity clothes and thought I will make a little review on the shops I have visited.
1) Mother En Vouge
Pros: Good quality, presentable working clothes
Cons: Expensive [long working pants approx. $80 each]

2) ASOS
Pros: Many varieties, pretty clothes
Cons: need to wait for delivery, troublesome to return if sizing is wrong

3) Maternity house
Pros: pretty good varieties, good quality, slightly cheaper than (1) [working pants $67, dress $99]
Cons: Mostly free-size, only a few pieces for each design

That's all from me :)

mummies, I have also signed up for Pregnancy Aqua Classes at Eunos ...but I have not attended any yet.
Wondering if any one is interested to join too?

mummies, I have also signed up for Pregnancy Aqua Classes at Eunos ...but I have not attended any yet.
Wondering if any one is interested to join too?
@dreamersg, is that the one from Inspire Mum and Baby? I have been looking into that as well, but dunno how the class are. Let me know your feedback after attended the class hor...

newbiemum80, can wear tights and loose top to work? my office very corporate. can't dress down.. except on Fridays. but even on Fridays, sales staff (me) are kind of expected to wear semi-formal also.

dreamersg, thanks for the review! I hardly have time to go shop so relying on purchasing online. good thing for me is MEV's office is like 2 blocks away from mine. super convenient to drop by to try and buy direct. wallet hurts though. :D

mylilsheep, yes it is by Inspire Mum and Baby. I have checked and there are only 4 students in their group class currently... my first lesson is on 23 Dec, will update after that.

nazriah, their group classes are $300 for 10 sessions of 45min each... the location is at Eunos. [http://inspiremumbaby.com/inspiremumdetails.asp?no=103 ]
If you stay in condo or have access to pool facilities, you can form your own private group with min. 6 students :)

oh! that one. lol! I didn't get 'cos no longer wearing button jeans. have bought a pair of maternity jeans but yet to wear. last time during #1 time, I wore my regular jeans till I was around 20 weeks preggy! used an old plain stretchy tube top to cover the unbuttoned part instead. zero cost. haha!

Hi mommies, I'm currently reaching my 20th weeks but still has trouble swallowing pills. Anyone know of any gummy supplement is good and where can I purchase it? TIA

Hi mommies, I'm currently reaching my 20th weeks but still has trouble swallowing pills. Anyone know of any gummy supplement is good and where can I purchase it? TIA

Have u tried crushing the pills? It helps tho for my cousin who can't swallow her pills.

Sorry for being direct and not meant to offend anyone.

Anyone took hospitalisation leave before? Can share what reason u were given HL ? If bleeding can get HL?

newbiemum80, can wear tights and loose top to work? my office very corporate. can't dress down.. except on Fridays. but even on Fridays, sales staff (me) are kind of expected to wear semi-formal also.

dreamersg, thanks for the review! I hardly have time to go shop so relying on purchasing online. good thing for me is MEV's office is like 2 blocks away from mine. super convenient to drop by to try and buy direct. wallet hurts though. :D
Guess my Plc is ok for pregnant woman to dress down abit. I can find nice formal dress so bo bian Lo.

Hi all mummies, Just went for my Gynae check up today on my 15w4d. EDD is on 30/5/15. Baby was cooperative and dr said it's 80% a Boy. Being a first time mummy, I'm very excited at the same time need a lot of advices. Can add me to the fb page? [email protected]
Thank u!!

its like band to cover your growing tummy so that you can still wear your existing jeans, you just need to unbutton and use the band to secure the pants.
check out the link below
https://www.bellybuttonband.com
ooo that one. One of my friend told me not to buy that, coz not very useful and in the end especially after month 7 onwards tummy will getting bigger and not longer convenience to use that and better to invest buying maternity pants directly. So I did not buy. This belly button band is not cheap rite?

ooo that one. One of my friend told me not to buy that, coz not very useful and in the end especially after month 7 onwards tummy will getting bigger and not longer convenience to use that and better to invest buying maternity pants directly. So I did not buy. This belly button band is not cheap rite?

Singapore selling about $40plus but if buy online from US, it's cheaper. The band is design to fit all stages of pregnancy as it is stretchable, not sure good or not just reviewing the product now. Waiting for mummies to give feedback

Bbhopes 2009, HL leave whether can take depends on ur gynae. My gynae don't allow unless i am really warded in hospital. He just give MC only.

momocrv, I personally think not worth it 'cos really can't use after 2nd tri when butt and thighs cannot fit into the usual pants and have to get those more comfy stretchy ones. money will be wasted then.

Pinnng, I have dropped you a PM regarding the FB page. :)

houseoflove, I have also PMed you.

received my ASOS purchases yesterday night and I am sorely disappointed. :( ordered 5 pieces in total and only 2 of them "passed". sent me wrong size for a dress which cost $110. then 2 other dresses were like so flimsy they may disintegrate in the washing machine. gonna have to pay extra to return them. I will just stick to local shops like MEV and Spring where quality is assured.

received my ASOS purchases yesterday night and I am sorely disappointed. :( ordered 5 pieces in total and only 2 of them "passed". sent me wrong size for a dress which cost $110. then 2 other dresses were like so flimsy they may disintegrate in the washing machine. gonna have to pay extra to return them. I will just stick to local shops like MEV and Spring where quality is assured.
Oh dear sorry to hear...I also order a few pieces but mostly tshirts and a dress that cost $30 plus to test out. Sizing I am ok with theirs as I wear mostly ang mo size

I just bought maternity swimwear and casual nursery dress from qo10 for trial. Swimwear still a bit loose for me but mebbe can wear it when I get fatter. lols. Dress quite nice and comfy, those like spandex material very stretchable. Not expensive and only spend about 50 bucks for those 2 clothes.

@starrymommy dats so sad! Im still waiting for mine from the black friday sale. There r a couple of pcs i ordered before which cannot fit well and i just dun bother to return cos troublesome and not dat exp. But your pricey one better return for the correct size!

I tink i oso give up wearing shorts liao. Realised got too much cellulite on thighs to expose to the world :( now put cellulite cream oso no use right? Ended up buying loose 3/4 pants at spring maternity for casual wear. Nvm lah look more hipster lol

cynn04, yes will return that and ask for a refund. I won't even bother trying to sell it off online liao.

I'm still wearing maternity shorts. didn't check whether cellulite very obvious or not as shorts are still the comfiest for me on weekends when we bring the kids out. I look awful in pants so those are no-no for me, unless I wear a long top to cover butt/hips. my butt too big lah. haha!

That's why i never buy cloth online hehe , i'm on 17wks now but lucky still can wear all my old cloths.
I don't have any maternity cloths yet..

Vinka, I was trying my luck, but too bad it failed me. :( most of my other maternity clothes were bought online and they turned out good. my tummy very big and obvious liao so no longer wearing any of my usual dresses anymore.

Actually realised that im buying more maternity clothes this time round! All my old ones wash until very faded so throw away le. Even then I realised I didnt get alot the last time, maybe cos was slimmer + tummy smaller so could still fit into normal clothes for a long time.

Hey I only gained 2kg so far. Why feel so fat huh :( Alamak.

@isenggirl , their group class is scheduled on Tuesday from 7.15pm - 8pm. I figured it will be quite difficult to find 6 pregnant ladies + pool facilities so I went ahead with their group class instead. Their current class size is 4.

Starrymommy gave some YouTube videos for prenatal yoga before, I am doing it at home, save money and traveling time. Hehe....

Haha i kinda need something to improve my blood circulation. Now everyday feel cold. And at night too! Wearing socks also doesnt help much.. :(

MTB-2015, wasn't me who shared the videos. was another mummy, but I cannot remember who. got to go back a few pages to see.

Back