(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Is the memory foam you tried from the Tempur brand? Tempur got three levels of firmness. I got the most firm one. Also, the height and model determine the firmness. I tried all their models and heights until I found something I liked. It's the semi sinking feeling that wraps around the body contours that helped control my chronic pain (instead of spring mattress poking into my muscles and bones). Some furniture shops sell other memory foam mattress brands but I didn't like them. And I think if you use memory foam layer instead of memory foam mattress, the sinking feeling will not be as intense.

Grad to know that that is a new Tempur flagship just opened @ Nassim 1, opposite Tanglin shopping centre. It was just next to my apartment.
it was a totally Tempur experience. I have just bought 2 symphony pillows.

Is the memory foam you tried from the Tempur brand? Tempur got three levels of firmness. I got the most firm one. Also, the height and model determine the firmness. I tried all their models and heights until I found something I liked. It's the semi sinking feeling that wraps around the body contours that helped control my chronic pain (instead of spring mattress poking into my muscles and bones). Some furniture shops sell other memory foam mattress brands but I didn't like them. And I think if you use memory foam layer instead of memory foam mattress, the sinking feeling will not be as intense.

Grad to know that that is a new Tempur flagship just opened @ Nassim 1, opposite Tanglin shopping centre. It was just next to my apartment, Nassim Jade.
It was a total Tempur experience. I have bought 2 symphony pillows.
Btw how is your Tempur mattress ? I love the feel of the sensation collection but it was a bit out of my buget. The salesman was kindly enough to let me offset my pillow from the mattress price within 7 days if i want to upgrade to mattress.

yeah thinking of that.

Currently the situation is something like this: 615 am pump - I get abt 400ml (sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less but on avg it is abt 400ml). 1130 am - abt 300 / 300+ 530pm - also abt 300-300+ 10pm - 250-300ml . Total yield a day is abt 1.3l. LO takes a bit less than 1l, but let's assume I want to keep it at abt 1L as a buffer (About a 23% drop).

To combine the 615am pump and the 1130 am pump to around 830 am when I reach the office (so it is less of a rush and I get more sleep?) Or to combine the 1130 am and 530pm pump to 1 pump at about 2pm?

for the former I am not sure how to move to that schedule short of me pumping foe quick relief b4 I leave for work and also prpvably bring fwd my 1130 am pump. I went mad 2 weekends ago ... i just dropped the night pump and woke up at about 820am to massively painful boobs. yielded like 600 ml ? hence just suddenly going 12 -13 hrs without pumping is not feasible. ended up pumping 5x the subsequent day to clear the clogged ducts.

Hi Yield abt the same as u and my girl drink only 160-170ml each feed like 5 times a day. So now I pump 3 times a day only. Interval about 6-7hrs , initially u have to drag like 4.5hrs-5hrs or else ur body can't adjust u will have engorge. For my case I pump 8am -3pm -10pm. I still wake up n latch my gal 2 times but she only drink 1 side.

don't rly want to drink .when bottle goes in she will suck a bit and start crying. ok with solids though. drooling, a bit of loose stool

Mine too.. worst he doesn't like his solid so much. Hasn't really gaining weight, just maintaining. . And only half of the 2 bottom teeth came out.. hope this losing appetite won't last long..

Mine too.. worst he doesn't like his solid so much. Hasn't really gaining weight, just maintaining. . And only half of the 2 bottom teeth came out.. hope this losing appetite won't last long..

Huh! Meaning the teeth out will not turn better?
I was so Happy last few weeks he can drink almost 800ml per day. Today barely 600ml but had 3 big spoon of porridge

Huh! Meaning the teeth out will not turn better?
I was so Happy last few weeks he can drink almost 800ml per day. Today barely 600ml but had 3 big spoon of porridge
The big teeth at the back more siong... they will be grumpy n not well sometimes... its a phrase which will pass soon

U all start bb on meat and fish already? I haven't start porridge also. Bb still no teeth. Taking cereal with purée twice a day.

U all start bb on meat and fish already? I haven't start porridge also. Bb still no teeth. Taking cereal with purée twice a day.
Mine 7months now
Stop cereal and start porridge at 6 months
Lo have very hard stool PD advice no cereal and so change to porridge
No more hard stool problem but every time must keep changing menu
Sigh..

Mine start eating porridge since 7mths. Now he eat porridge 2-3 times a day.
Now I got a steamer blender so occasionally will also blend meat or fish for him.

Mine 7months now
Stop cereal and start porridge at 6 months
Lo have very hard stool PD advice no cereal and so change to porridge
No more hard stool problem but every time must keep changing menu
Sigh..

is cereal really a cause for hard poo? my baby occasionally have trouble pooing...

LO just turned 8 mths few days ago. Flipping v well lyk a fish, learning to stand with support bt cant crawl. I heard walkers are nt gd for babies. Any other type to toys/methods to aid them in their walking?
Since my LO cant crawl, he always cry out in frustration. lol. Any gd suggestions mummies?

LO just turned 8 mths few days ago. Flipping v well lyk a fish, learning to stand with support bt cant crawl. I heard walkers are nt gd for babies. Any other type to toys/methods to aid them in their walking?
Since my LO cant crawl, he always cry out in frustration. lol. Any gd suggestions mummies?
when they are ready they will walk ... no need to get stuff to make them walk

u need to find out why he cry out in frustatiom.. try to make crawl by attracting him with toys or bottle

Mine going backward...
they all started like that lolz

which restaurant u looking @?
im looking at cafe also
not going to hold it @ home
no idea yet lolz ..i will wait til nearer then just email or call restuarant for set menu lolz .. my immediately family members less than 15 ( including maids) so quite easy ... just get a private room .. done deal lolz

this is what i did for my #1 .. see set menu...price right ... and value for money dishes.. booked liao lolz

Mine start eating porridge since 7mths. Now he eat porridge 2-3 times a day.
Now I got a steamer blender so occasionally will also blend meat or fish for him.
What's ur timing for ur bb solid meal? My lo have his cereal&puree Ard 10-11am and 5-6pm. I don't knw how to fit in another meal of porridge. He seems to be cutting down on his milk intake. Taking only 120ml X 4-5times. Sometimes can't even finish. Sigh

What's ur timing for ur bb solid meal? My lo have his cereal&puree Ard 10-11am and 5-6pm. I don't knw how to fit in another meal of porridge. He seems to be cutting down on his milk intake. Taking only 120ml X 4-5times. Sometimes can't even finish. Sigh
I having this headache on milk too
So difficult to get Lo drink

Anyone using Hegen milk bottle? If any mommies here have used it before, I hope I could have some review here before I buy for my baby which is going to be due soon. :) thanks in advance!

Hi Mummies,
Im a MTB. Just want to check which breast pump u all r using & Any feedback from avent electric dbl breast pump ? Isit good ?
I saw in carousel, ppl selling US set. Isit safe to use in Sg ? And any different from local set ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mummies,
Im a MTB. Just want to check which breast pump u all r using & Any feedback from avent electric dbl breast pump ? Isit good ?
I saw in carousel, ppl selling US set. Isit safe to use in Sg ? And any different from local set ?

Thanks in advance!
I use both the medela freestyle and spectra s1. both are good but I prefer the latter. the us set may have diff voltage and if so u need a transformer. u cannotn just plug it in straight to the PowerPoint

Hi Mummies,

Thanks in advance!
Hi! I am using medela freestyle at work and unimom forte at home. I find that the suction of medela is not that strong compared to unimom but of course medela freestyle is small and great for travel. Btw, i got my medela freestyle locally from mothercare. Definitely prefer a local set that has local warranty. Hope this helps!

Hi Mummies,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Notti,

Wouldnt recommend using the US set for the breast pump as you will need the voltage transformer which might be quite inconvenient to bring around. I use a US version for my hair curler and have to use transformer but i leave that at home so its ok for me. But to bring around would prefer if dont have the added bulk of the transformer. Please dont try to use it without! I tried before and my whole thing "popped" and ended up spoilt

Anyone face The same situation as me? My lo sleep 30mins in the day and recently at night he sleep 8hours and keep waking up 3-4 hours interval
He use to able to sleep from 9pm to 7am

First porridge abt 12-1, second porridge abt 530. Sometimes if he still seems hungry after morning milk I make him some cereal.
Milk intake abt 5 times a day now. Amount varies according to whether it's full milk feed (210ml) or after porridge feed (90ml).
If weekends a bit jialat cos our schedules all jumbled sometimes he only get to eat one instant solid food meal, I am trying to rectify that and be a more responsible mummy..

First porridge abt 12-1, second porridge abt 530. Sometimes if he still seems hungry after morning milk I make him some cereal.
Milk intake abt 5 times a day now. Amount varies according to whether it's full milk feed (210ml) or after porridge feed (90ml).
If weekends a bit jialat cos our schedules all jumbled sometimes he only get to eat one instant solid food meal, I am trying to rectify that and be a more responsible mummy..

Mine still refuses solid ;( not sure if he is teething. . He will close hod mouth tight and shake his head.. funny but frustrated at the same time

Hello mummies, long time never come in, how's everybody doing? :)

My boy's feeding schedule:

8.45am - milk (140ml) - wow @ding2505 210ml is alot!!
10.30am - oats with fruit puree (so far i have tried apple, pear, blueberries, bananas, prune), then nap
12.30 pm - milk (130ml)
2.30 pm - millet or oats with vege puree (usually i mix 2 vege in each puree, so far i tried carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnip, pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, peas, green bean)
4.30 pm - milk (130ml), then nap
6 pm - millet or oats with meat puree (usually i mix one meat n one vege, meat so far i tried chicken and beef)
8 pm - milk (120 ml), then sleep
11 pm - milk (120 ml), dream feed

So basically he gets a feed every 2-3 hrs. Sometimes if he sleeps longer, then we will adjust the timing and amount accordingly.

Today i went to see my gynae abt possibly trying for no.2 next year, he says must stop breastfeeding then. On one hand, i was already planning to stop cos my 3x pumps only yield abt 400ml a day, plus i'm bringing my boy for holiday next month n pumping on holiday is a real pain in the butt, but on the other hand, really abit 不舍得。

Anyone face The same situation as me? My lo sleep 30mins in the day and recently at night he sleep 8hours and keep waking up 3-4 hours interval
He use to able to sleep from 9pm to 7am

Mine so far still sleep thru at night (touchwood!), but my mum did feedback that these 2 weeks, during the day he doesn't want to nap much anymore! This afternoon I'm alone with him, my goodness, 3 hrs later n I'm so exhausted, every time i put him down, he's standing n screaming for attention. Worse is he can pull himself up into a standing position, but he doesn't quite know how to sit himself gently back down yet, so usually he will crash land.

10.30am - oats with fruit puree (so far i have tried apple, pear, blueberries, bananas, prune), then nap
12.30 pm - milk (130ml)
2.30 pm - millet or oats with vege puree (usually i mix 2 vege in each puree, so far i tried carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnip, pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, peas, green bean)
6 pm - millet or oats with meat puree (usually i mix one meat n one vege, meat so far i tried chicken and beef)

So basically he gets a feed every 2-3 hrs. Sometimes if he sleeps longer, then we will adjust the timing and amount accordingly.

Today i went to see my gynae abt possibly trying for no.2 next year, he says must stop breastfeeding then. On one hand, i was already planning to stop cos my 3x pumps only yield abt 400ml a day, plus i'm bringing my boy for holiday next month n pumping on holiday is a real pain in the butt, but on the other hand, really abit 不舍得。
It has been a long while!
Btw I dont think it is an absolute must to stop bf-ing when u ttc. Saw so many mums who bfp when they are bf-ing too!

It has been a long while!
Btw I dont think it is an absolute must to stop bf-ing when u ttc. Saw so many mums who bfp when they are bf-ing too!

Ya I have that happened to a few of my colleagues, but for me my doc advised to stop, cos it was so difficult for me to get preggy w my boy, so he wanted to make sure my prolactin level comes back down to normal n I ovulate properly before trying. My boobies really 不真气,just reduced my pumps to 2x, n my supply immediately dipped by 30%. Haiz.

r
Ya I have that happened to a few of my colleagues, but for me my doc advised to stop, cos it was so difficult for me to get preggy w my boy, so he wanted to make sure my prolactin level comes back down to normal n I ovulate properly before trying. My boobies really 不真气,just reduced my pumps to 2x, n my supply immediately dipped by 30%. Haiz.
apparently when u drop to 2 ppd, the decline is very drastic.. that's why i still dont dare to drop to 2 ppd although I am still producing way more than what i need at 3ppd. A messy fridge is still better than having to find suitable fm to supplement

12.30 pm - milk (130ml)

Thanks for sharing your schedule! I haven't tried oats yet but I plan to. What kind of oats do you use? Instant or those that need to cook? Is normal Quaker instant oats ok haha?

I pump 1-2 times a day, only abt 150ml in total, quite pathetic. But I don't dare to stop cos my boy still suckle to sleep... He refuses the bottle at night, irregardless whether bm or fm... V nightmare, he will wail until breathless and hysterical if bottle is attempted during his sacred night feed. Dunno how too. Got one time I was sick and milk supply dip, he couldn't get enough milk for the before sleep feed, then he wake up every 2-3 hrs for milk.. Or he will eyes open big big like asking how come no milk alr...
First feed of the day after he wake I also latch him.
I am thinking how to wean... Shang nao jing...

Mine still refuses solid ;( not sure if he is teething. . He will close hod mouth tight and shake his head.. funny but frustrated at the same time

Try to mix milk powder with the purée at first, got milk flavor they will like.
I hv friso rice cereal too, that one has milk powder inside alr, you can put some of that with hot water then mix w purée.

@bbcrips, where you gg for holiday? I also thinking of holiday... But not sure where to bring the kiddo, like got a lot of considerations...

@bbcrips, where you gg for holiday? I also thinking of holiday... But not sure where to bring the kiddo, like got a lot of considerations...

I'm going to Sydney for a week. Roped in my mum for help this time. When it was just the 2 of us with the baby in the US back in June, it was an endless cycle of pumping, feeding n washing. Can still remember the nightmare - my supply dropped drastically n it was 43 degrees so I was feeding him 6-7x a day to prevent dehydration - it was not a holiday at all! Lol. So I will stop BM by end of this month.

Been long since I came in to read and chat. how's everyone doing?

my gal is growing her upper two teeth and crying past 3 nights in her sleep hourly.. after settling her, a while later she cries again.. once i tried to ignoer and she sat up and cry with her eyes close.. omg so poor thing..

I am thinking of stop bf-ing but also bu she de leh.. but the feeling of stopping is very strong recently.. so tired of pumping at work..

Thanks for sharing your schedule! I haven't tried oats yet but I plan to. What kind of oats do you use? Instant or those that need to cook? Is normal Quaker instant oats ok haha?

I pump 1-2 times a day, only abt 150ml in total, quite pathetic. But I don't dare to stop cos my boy still suckle to sleep... He refuses the bottle at night, irregardless whether bm or fm... V nightmare, he will wail until breathless and hysterical if bottle is attempted during his sacred night feed. Dunno how too. Got one time I was sick and milk supply dip, he couldn't get enough milk for the before sleep feed, then he wake up every 2-3 hrs for milk.. Or he will eyes open big big like asking how come no milk alr...
First feed of the day after he wake I also latch him.
I am thinking how to wean... Shang nao jing...
night feed is the only feed my gal will latchwithout being distracted.. do you latch during the day time on weekends?

Been long since I came in to read and chat. how's everyone doing?

my gal is growing her upper two teeth and crying past 3 nights in her sleep hourly.. after settling her, a while later she cries again.. once i tried to ignoer and she sat up and cry with her eyes close.. omg so poor thing..

I am thinking of stop bf-ing but also bu she de leh.. but the feeling of stopping is very strong recently.. so tired of pumping at work..

night feed is the only feed my gal will latchwithout being distracted.. do you latch during the day time on weekends?
I aim to do it till 1 year. thereafter id re-evaluate..

Try to mix milk powder with the purée at first, got milk flavor they will like.
I hv friso rice cereal too, that one has milk powder inside alr, you can put some of that with hot water then mix w purée.
Mixed it with milk, water, even clear soup.. only ate 5/6 mouths then don't want anymore. . I started to give him to play to distract him. Hate to do this but no choice. Better than not eating ;(

Back