(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Oh yes, polyclinics run by NHG offer rotavirus, but those run by Singhealth don't offer I think, cuz I went to Bt Batok polyclinic for the rotavirus vaccine, and BB is under NHG.... It's v strange though. Isn't polyclinic a public health service?? I though both should at least offer the same services.

Not sure yet... If implanon is the best, I would want to have that, but you have to cut the skin to put it in and it's up to 5 years, and I want to have the next kid maybe after 2 years?? And I don't want to cut to remove and put back again etc etc. Micronor has a very short window period of 3 hours to take the pill for it to be effective, compared to the COC, which has 12 hours. I can be v forgetful,even when on COC, I can forget and miss pill too, no point if I keep on forgetting then have to use additional protection. Copper IUD at first I thought about it, then the high failure rate and the heavy periods also like not worth it.

Right now, I am using withdrawal method... :p

Implanon is around $300+ at KKH.
300+ i think it excludes the dr's consultation fee right.

U are right about the mini pill - u have to take it on the dot.

Btw did Dr Tham talk to u abt Mirena too? U can consider that. It's an IUD that contains a progestin. Periods become light / almost non-existent. It costs about 400odd at TMC. But if I am not wrong that is just for the cost of the device alone. Will need to pay for the dr's fee to insert it, as with implanon

300+ i think it excludes the dr's consultation fee right.

U are right about the mini pill - u have to take it on the dot.

Btw did Dr Tham talk to u abt Mirena too? U can consider that. It's an IUD that contains a progestin. Periods become light / almost non-existent. It costs about 400odd at TMC. But if I am not wrong that is just for the cost of the device alone. Will need to pay for the dr's fee to insert it, as with implanon
He didn't recommend Mirena, cuz that will affect milk supply. That's what he said...

The mummy I spoke to about Implanon told me she spent $300+, so I assume that is inclusive of doc fees too....

Like v difficult to find a good birth ctrl that doesn't compromise milk supply... :/

He didn't recommend Mirena, cuz that will affect milk supply. That's what he said...

The mummy I spoke to about Implanon told me she spent $300+, so I assume that is inclusive of doc fees too....

Like v difficult to find a good birth ctrl that doesn't compromise milk supply... :/
I see... He didnt tell me that. Probably because I was asking him some questions on the IUD before I popped.
For me it was after some thought that I decided that the copper IUD works best for me. In the meantime, it's rubber till I see him in May

In the end no need to decide cos the polyclinic don't offer rotavirus. They ask me go private to take that. But v funny cos I thought I read someone who took rotavirus in polyclinic....

Maybe you can try NHG polyclinic for the rotavirus. CCK clinic also offer rotavirus.

Dear all,

I am 34 old, no case of any known gynological problems. I married in 2013. I found out I was pregnant in Oct 2013, however had a natural MC. Now we have been actively trying for a baby since Feb 2015. My periods are always regular, missed period for this month. excited I did a HPT 10 days back, -ve it turned out. I went to doctor on 9 April 2015 for a blood test and result was +ve. My HCG count was 89. This Doctor said its very early in pregnancy. I am now on Folic acid and UtroGestan 100mg (2 tabs at bedtime). Today I did another blood test and HCG count is 830........Is this normal?

Dear ladies, please let me know if I will sustain this pregnancy and become mother of a healthy baby. I am so worried and stressed out.My doctor has asked to see her again in 2 weeks time.

I have no nausea. However have backache, lower abdomen pain and sore breasts.

Dear all,

I am 34 old, no case of any known gynological problems. I married in 2013. I found out I was pregnant in Oct 2013, however had a natural MC. Now we have been actively trying for a baby since Feb 2015. My periods are always regular, missed period for this month. excited I did a HPT 10 days back, -ve it turned out. I went to doctor on 9 April 2015 for a blood test and result was +ve. My HCG count was 89. This Doctor said its very early in pregnancy. I am now on Folic acid and UtroGestan 100mg (2 tabs at bedtime). Today I did another blood test and HCG count is 830........Is this normal?

Dear ladies, please let me know if I will sustain this pregnancy and become mother of a healthy baby. I am so worried and stressed out.My doctor has asked to see her again in 2 weeks time.

the hcg count seems ok. its supposed to double every two to three days. As it has increased about tenfold over 6 day ur count seems good.

do take care and rest well.

Mine. She get it easily on face .. Not sure is it eczema .. Will check with pd next visit so in the mean time hardworking everyday apply lotion
Mine also get it easily on face and there's a time the rashes din go off for 2 weeks and I brought her to see pd. Pd said eczema + weather very hot, make her rashes more jialat.

And now body and hands got those tiny red dots. Sigh. Face haven't heal now come body. Dun noe wat she is allergy to.

Dear all,

dun stress yourself too much. In the mean time, rest well and take care.

Mine also get it easily on face and there's a time the rashes din go off for 2 weeks and I brought her to see pd. Pd said eczema + weather very hot, make her rashes more jialat.

And now body and hands got those tiny red dots. Sigh. Face haven't heal now come body. Dun noe wat she is allergy to.

Mine also have. Face kena, neck kena then back kena, rotation, one side heal te other side pop up. Got cradle cap too. Now 3 mths old finally a little less rashes and become baby cute, sigh, he has such sensitive skin anything can trigger it, plus I have v sensitive skin also so genetics... I hv been buying all sorts of creams and lotions and changing his bath brands lor.
Doesn't help that recently I have been having a flare of eczema / psoriasis, very bad, trying out new products as the ones I'm using seem not to work anymore.. Become resistant to it. Resisting going to the doc cos they will give steroids and then cannot breast feed anymore. Slightly depressed.

Oh yes, polyclinics run by NHG offer rotavirus, but those run by Singhealth don't offer I think, cuz I went to Bt Batok polyclinic for the rotavirus vaccine, and BB is under NHG.... It's v strange though. Isn't polyclinic a public health service?? I though both should at least offer the same .
So strange, so not all polyclinics are created equal lol. Ok I will go book an appt w a nhg polyclinic.

Mine also have. Face kena, neck kena then back kena, rotation, one side heal te other side pop up. Got cradle cap too. Now 3 mths old finally a little less rashes and become baby cute, sigh, he has such sensitive skin anything can trigger it, plus I have v sensitive skin also so genetics... I hv been buying all sorts of creams and lotions and changing his bath brands lor.
Doesn't help that recently I have been having a flare of eczema / psoriasis, very bad, trying out new products as the ones I'm using seem not to work anymore.. Become resistant to it. Resisting going to the doc cos they will give steroids and then cannot breast feed anymore. Slightly depressed.
My LO is reach 3 mths then start to show rashes on face and body. I din use any soap when bathing her nor apply any lotion after bathe. Dun noe y she still kena. See she scratch like monkey so kelian. Feel like swaddle her again

Lock n lock container? How it's look like?
Tupperware brand also got container that can put into freezer.
Screenshot_2015-04-16-00-46-48.png

Dear all,

Hello pknm,
I understand it is stressful for you. I rmbr, fr myself, 3 whole months of trying was ald stressful. But the thing is, once i stop stressing myself out, it happened. Now that you have been tested +ve, u might still be worried and its okay! From time to time during pregnancy, we might be swamped by alot of doubts and qns. Sometimes of hormonal change, smtimes just our personality. Just rmbr to breathe in and out when anxiety arose and relax.. Baby will grow well if mum is least stress.

Meantime,lemme share my experienxe before. When i was pregnant w my grl i do have nausea but i do not have morning sickness. Many ppl ard me are puzzled by it. But truly diff pregnancy is diff for diff people... So just rest well. :)
Best wishes!

My LO is reach 3 mths then start to show rashes on face and body. I din use any soap when bathing her nor apply any lotion after bathe. Dun noe y she still kena. See she scratch like monkey so kelian. Feel like swaddle her again
Weather hot these days . N their sweat glands developed liao. So sweating n cause rashes.

Plus now their saliva increase.. they use their hands rub their mouth n rub all over...

Perhaps u can use some soap to bathe already ?

N wipe with clean water once in a while

FyssuWifey and all others- Thank you so much for your reply, makes me feel so good and brave. I will surely keep faith and rest well..thanks again!

Hugs...

if parent has any form of allergy bb will get it too

Hot weather trigger eczema easily
I myself also got it Haiz

This is the time I wish I am back in office lolz

Anyway next few weeks weather going to be hotter so watch out

http://www.locknlock.com.sg/products/proddetail.aspx?ID=311&CateID=36&Page=1&BrandID=8
I am using these airtight one cos I dun like the idea of smell from the fridge getting in .. Lolz

My office fridge all kind of food .. From curry to pizza to fruit etx
ur office fridge still got space, when i open the fridge in my pantry, i have to worry if food is going to fall out. Yes, its that full. Haiz. Lucky thing got nursing room and got fridge inside, but its on another floor.

ur office fridge still got space, when i open the fridge in my pantry, i have to worry if food is going to fall out. Yes, its that full. Haiz. Lucky thing got nursing room and got fridge inside, but its on another floor.
I haven't check out my company nursing room which is also on other floor lolz

I put in freezer compartment cos no one use that lolz

Do try out yr office wear at least 1week before u start work. I hv difficulty losing the fats around my waist. Pant can't button, top can see 2 lumps at the back. Faint

Do try out yr office wear at least 1week before u start work. I hv difficulty losing the fats around my waist. Pant can't button, top can see 2 lumps at the back. Faint

me too...gg to start to go for slow jog soon.else all my dresses and heels cannot wear.but strange,why my feet cannot go back to pre preg size???

me too...gg to start to go for slow jog soon.else all my dresses and heels cannot wear.but strange,why my feet cannot go back to pre preg size???
Me too. All my shoes all out of sizes. Those I wear b4 pregnant are too small. Those I buy after I pregnant are too big cos feet no more bloated. My tummy still look like 4mth pregnant size....lol

Do any of your milk bottles turn yellow after prolong use? I'm not sure how my mil sterilise and use. All my milk bottles turned yellow when she return me. Can I continue using them?

I went one size up liao, need to revamp my wardrobe... Buy new clothes lo
I just tidied part of the wardrobe that day, all the small tees I used to like wearing cannot wear alr; bust went up 2 cup sizes and a lot of tops and dresses can't wear anymore. Pants also cannt fit. Faints .

I just tidied part of the wardrobe that day, all the small tees I used to like wearing cannot wear alr; bust went up 2 cup sizes and a lot of tops and dresses can't wear anymore. Pants also cannt fit. Faints .
I donated all. Coz waistline nt easy to lose fats. I forgot to try my working shoes. Dun noe my heels still can wear after 1yr of 'resting'. Must wear and go downstairs walk few rounds

Need advice
Sudden decide to have a helper to help out when I back to work
Now searching for helper
For those who have helper at home can I know what kind of question to ask the helper during the "interview"?

Need advice
Now searching for helper
For those who have helper at home can I know what kind of question to ask the helper during the "interview"?
During the interview session, you might ask them etc, Any knowledge of baby sitting? how many years and kids had she taken care previously? Can you handle baby and housework at the Same time?

Advice to you is to hire a maid ASAP if you are returning Back work soon.
Many things has to be taught and monitor once you hired them in. Like many others, we had issues with them for not handing kids and household well enough which you can change them if they don't suits your requirements.

Need advice
Now searching for helper
I asked alot of qns..
-do u need to remit money back home every mth? (Those who need to prob have more motivation to work)
- do u have kids/parents to support?
- if yes who will tc of them if they are ill? (If no siblings chances are they need to return home if it happens)
- make it clear u need help with bb. So ask her if she likes babies and is willing to tc of baby. For me I asked if she's willing to do night feeds even though I've no intention to let her do the night feeds (if she says no u can more or less tell what her commitment level is like)
- willing to work on Sunday? (U may wanna give her off day but just ask in case. Some I interviewed firmly said no so I didn't bother considering)
- what will u do on ur off day?
- any food allergies?
- why she wanna work here
- does she have mobile phone
- can she cook?
- ask her qns abt handling baby if u intend to let her tc of bb e.g. what will u do if bb keeps crying and ure alone with bb?
- also ask qns abt past exp esp if she's s transfer. Why her prev employer doesn't need her etc.

I think f2f interview is v useful. Can see her body Lang..good luck!

During the interview session, you might ask them etc, Any knowledge of baby sitting? how many years and kids had she taken care previously? Can you handle baby and housework at the Same time?

Many things has to be taught and monitor once you hired them in. Like many others, we had issues with them for not handing kids and household well enough which you can change them if they don't suits your requirements.
Thanks! Ya I left with 6 weeks to start work.
Lucky thing is my mom be home after 4 pm daily to monitor her but we got camera to monitor her too

I asked alot of qns..
-do u need to remit money back home every mth? (Those who need to prob have more motivation to work)
- do u have kids/parents to support?
- if yes who will tc of them if they are ill? (If no siblings chances are they need to return home if it happens)
- make it clear u need help with bb. So ask her if she likes babies and is willing to tc of baby. For me I asked if she's willing to do night feeds even though I've no intention to let her do the night feeds (if she says no u can more or less tell what her commitment level is like)
- willing to work on Sunday? (U may wanna give her off day but just ask in case. Some I interviewed firmly said no so I didn't bother considering)
- what will u do on ur off day?
- any food allergies?
- why she wanna work here
- does she have mobile phone
- can she cook?
- ask her qns abt handling baby if u intend to let her tc of bb e.g. what will u do if bb keeps crying and ure alone with bb?
- also ask qns abt past exp esp if she's s transfer. Why her prev employer doesn't need her etc.

I think f2f interview is v useful. Can see her body Lang..good luck!
Be meeting her tonight
First time in sg hope she understand me..

Usually how much to expect for the 1st payment? I heard need to help maid pay for her debts 1st then slowly deduct from her salary.

Usually how much to expect for the 1st payment? I heard need to help maid pay for her debts 1st then slowly deduct from her salary.
Some might not have any loans to pay Whereby different agencies have different loan installment schemes.

For mine, I have two maids currently. First one have to pay her loans for five months. The second one only for three months.

Need advice
Now searching for helper
http://m.************/infantcare.php?infant=Interview-a-maid:-Sample-Questions. I used this as basis to interview my helper recently

And one thing I notice - speak slowly and after each question wait for their answer and make sure they understand what u are asking

And state your expectation and job scope clearly make sure they understnad

Hp .. I asked abt it cos some maid I saw at my son 's school kept
On using hp and just let the kid run around dangerously

I interviewed one and she got 2 hp and she told me she dun use them and I dun believe hence off she goes

Last edited:

Suggest you take ex Singapore helper they can come in faster than new helper and have some experience here hence required less time to adapt to Singapore environment

This is th advice given to me by experienced employer

So I got a ex Singapore helper .. Just signed the document on Monday and target for her to be here the week after next

Back