(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Feeling a little emotional this weekend cos I'm starting work next week liao. My bb going to be a weekend bb once I start work. Cos I can't cope with bb after my hectic and dun-know-what-time-will-reach-home workday. Think bb oso sense that I'm gg back to work liao. Super cranky these few days. carry cry, dun carry oso cry. Milk dun wan to drink... Driving mi crazy. Guess I will even miss his crankiness after I start work...:(
Those mums who started work liao. Do you all still look after your bb after work?

Every morning we send him to my mom's place. After work, my husband fetch him. I go home straight and quickly shower, do laundry & cook for our next day packed lunch. They reach home at ard 7+ or 8. We then spend family time together till baby sleep at ard 9+ or 10. The most precious time. After baby sleep, my husband and I continued to spend time. Hang laundry together and just catch up. I do 1 session of pumping if not tired. If tired, just collapsed and sleep.

We engaged part-time maid once a week to help my mom clean her hse and iron clothes. At least my mom not so tired. But, sometimes, still feel sad. Spend limited time with baby. Scared will miss his milestones.

Life of singaporean parents. Work so hard to pay for something so expensive. Cannot afford single income.

Every morning we send him to my mom's place. After work, my husband fetch him. I go home straight and quickly shower, do laundry & cook for our next day packed lunch. They reach home at ard 7+ or 8. We then spend family time together till baby sleep at ard 9+ or 10. The most precious time. After baby sleep, my husband and I continued to spend time. Hang laundry together and just catch up. I do 1 session of pumping if not tired. If tired, just collapsed and sleep.

We engaged part-time maid once a week to help my mom clean her hse and iron clothes. At least my mom not so tired. But, sometimes, still feel sad. Spend limited time with baby. Scared will miss his milestones.

Life of singaporean parents. Work so hard to pay for something so expensive. Cannot afford single income.

Indeed it's the life of a Singapore parent - too many things to do and too little time! Cost of living also too high.

Feeling a little emotional this weekend cos I'm starting work next week liao. My bb going to be a weekend bb once I start work. Cos I can't cope with bb after my hectic and dun-know-what-time-will-reach-home workday. Think bb oso sense that I'm gg back to work liao. Super cranky these few days. carry cry, dun carry oso cry. Milk dun wan to drink... Driving mi crazy. Guess I will even miss his crankiness after I start work...:(
Those mums who started work liao. Do you all still look after your bb after work?
Will still look after my bb at night after work .. My mom and maid will take care during day time ...

That is what I did during #1. It is because now got 2 children and my mom is old else I won't even consider maid

Too bad can't survive with 1 income hence I need to work for income cum sanity lolz

Jiayou gals..I'm a light sleeper and the slightest movement my bb makes will wake me even though she doesn't sleep in the same bed. She slps in the cot next to my bed.. hubs can zzz thru all her kicking and fussing..snoring away :/ but he needs to work so I deal with the bb. Lately she's starting her milk refusal again. Driving me nuts..feed her 120ml can take 45min. Seriously.. now I just wait till she's super super hungry but then again she gets mad when I feed her late and she will cry and refuse to drink. Hope its just a phase man. She still drinks 2 hrly so it's abt 9 to 10 feeds a day and lately every feed she needs avg half hr and worse is she won't finish..always leave 10 - 20ml. So exasperated.

Wow that leaves you w v little free time to do housework and other stuff! What are your childcare arrangements after you go back to work?

Huh? 3 months still go back .. Mine only ask me do Pap smear next year .. No need return for review

Hmm by right pcos is the best contraceptive method lolz but somehow I got lucky 2x so better think of another method lolz

Will go check with gynae which is more suitable for pcos'er

i think for pcos the best option is to use combined oral contraceptives (COC). Cos it ensures that ur uterine lining is shed regularly. are you breastfeeding ? I am not sure, being above a certain age (35?) may mean that u are not a good candidate for COCs

Last edited:
Wow that leaves you w v little free time to do housework and other stuff! What are your childcare arrangements after you go back to work?
I'm taking npl till end of the year. I've a helper who does the chores. I'll do everything that's related to baby.. it does get very frustrating when I've no idea why she's refusing her milk feeds..now she has learnt to gag whenever she does not want to drink :/

I'm taking npl till end of the year. I've a helper who does the chores. I'll do everything that's related to baby.. it does get very frustrating when I've no idea why she's refusing her milk feeds..now she has learnt to gag whenever she does not want to drink :/

how much does ur helper cost?

hi mummies, do you all sterilize milk bottle after every feed? i usually do it after every feed but my mum doesn't.. need to educate her before i go back to work..

Will still look after my bb at night after work .. My mom and maid will take care during day time ...

That is what I did during #1. It is because now got 2 children and my mom is old else I won't even consider maid

Too bad can't survive with 1 income hence I need to work for income cum sanity lolz
Maid is also an additional source of stress. My maid has been working for abt 3 weeks so far. I wouldn't say she's v bad but she's not that great either. She cuts corners when we don't look/check, takes forever to wash the toilets and eats super alot of rice. The rice bin was almost full and has been that way for quite long before we got a maid cos hubs and I don't eat much rice. Suddenly last weekend she told me the rice is finishing..really shocked. I started keeping closer tabs on what she cooks and how much she cooks. It's stressful cos I don't like to have to nag at her all the time or feel unhappy abt the way she does things. I learnt that must close one eye sometimes but at the same time I feel like why should I let it go since we pay her to work for us. Moreover my place is not difficult to tidy n clean cos me and hubs are very neat people in general. Oh Wells..just had to rant...

Afternoon where u go?? Sometimes I just head out for an hr but I miss bb n will faster rush home or demand for photo updates from my mum.. I know..its crazy :/
ciakes, I can't bear to leave my LO with mum but really bobian. And my mum is using those black and white hp without camera. When I reach home, can only ask if LO drinks and sleep. Afternoon I go popular see any books to buy for my toddler, then go ntuc check milk powder, diapers got disc, then go shop for clothes and shoes to wear when start work in may. Then see any toy for my toddler. Time pass very fast

Just oral solution why not let bb take .. They love it lolz

Huh? What 3 months review ?
You stopping at 1 ?

I aso think what contraceptive method to use .. Pill is out for me cos will lead my bp north Haiz

Iud insert .. Some of my 2010 mummies comment that theirs drop out
tie tie :) factory closed !

hi mummies, do you all sterilize milk bottle after every feed? i usually do it after every feed but my mum doesn't.. need to educate her before i go back to work..

Old ppl only sterilize once a day

i boil my twice a day. i only have 1 milk bottle

I got a part time cleaner for 2 session , 气死我。。。 cut super many corners

now i am barely surviving with 3 kids + house works ....

I sterilise after every feed :/

i also wash with baby detergent and sterelise after every feed.

for myself,i m the 肮脏吃肮脏大,but for baby,i will never do this to him.pacifier drop on floor i will not even rinse with tap water and pop it back.i will wash with detergent,sterelise again.

Maid is also an additional source of stress. My maid has been working for abt 3 weeks so far. I wouldn't say she's v bad but she's not that great either. She cuts corners when we don't look/check, takes forever to wash the toilets and eats super alot of rice. The rice bin was almost full and has been that way for quite long before we got a maid cos hubs and I don't eat much rice. Suddenly last weekend she told me the rice is finishing..really shocked. I started keeping closer tabs on what she cooks and how much she cooks. It's stressful cos I don't like to have to nag at her all the time or feel unhappy abt the way she does things. I learnt that must close one eye sometimes but at the same time I feel like why should I let it go since we pay her to work for us. Moreover my place is not difficult to tidy n clean cos me and hubs are very neat people in general. Oh Wells..just had to rant...
Maid are human too .. Even we ourselve sometime will cut corners lolz

Is your maid new or ex Singapore .. If new , for the 1st 6 months they will eat a lot cos back home they dun eat as good as Us lolz .. After 6 months they used to the full they will cut down .. My mom has tested and proven this theory lolz

And yes must close one eye no way they can work the way we do ..

It is either we do ourselve and tired ourselve or outsource to maid

When pump in office is that after wash w tap water put in fridge or aft pump put in fridge n use for next session?
I will have a lock and lock container , after pump put inside and wash with hot water then immediately into freezer lolz then use it next session

Maid are human too .. Even we ourselve sometime will cut corners lolz

Is your maid new or ex Singapore .. If new , for the 1st 6 months they will eat a lot cos back home they dun eat as good as Us lolz .. After 6 months they used to the full they will cut down .. My mom has tested and proven this theory lolz

And yes must close one eye no way they can work the way we do ..

It is either we do ourselve and tired ourselve or outsource to maid
She's new. I shall put ur theory to test haha..sometimes in fact I close 2 eyes :/ you got a maid for your mum or the maid is for yourself?

She's new. I shall put ur theory to test haha..sometimes in fact I close 2 eyes :/ you got a maid for your mum or the maid is for yourself?

Yes test the theory lolz so far a lot of pple tested and it is true lolz

The maid is for me cos my mom
Has her own maid lolz ... I need to free myself from housework so that I have time for my boy and bb

i also wash with baby detergent and sterelise after every feed.

for myself,i m the 肮脏吃肮脏大,but for baby,i will never do this to him.pacifier drop on floor i will not even rinse with tap water and pop it back.i will wash with detergent,sterelise again.

Ya if drop I will do sterilize. . If nv drop I juz rinse n reuse

Precisely either we do until die or outsource and close one eyes lolz
My that part time cleaner I closed 2 eyes already Bo bian claim 3 hrs.+-.. say her speed faster than others. So if she finish she can go. Which I agreed.end up chin cai do... surface that can be seen clean only. The rest nv clean. 1hr finish n bye bye liao

.. end up now I doing all by myself. Still searching for a good part time cleaner

Oh there are two lunch gatherings this week
1) 16 April at Redstar Restaurant Chin Swee Road, currently there are over 20 pax, at 1130
2) 17 April at Marche at 313 Orchard (Somerset), current there are about 5 pax, at 1230

Do join us if you are free... your choice to bring baby or not...

Last edited:
Oh there are two lunch gatherings this week
1) 16 April at Redstar Restaurant Chin Swee Road, currently there are over 20 pax, at 1130
2) 17 April at Marche at 313 Orchard (Somerset), current there are about 5 pax, at 1230

Do join us if you are free... your choice to bring baby or not...
Tot u back to work still can make it for these lunches?

Anybody took the rotavirus vaccine for your lo? Going polyclinic now for 5 in 1 but still not sure whether to take the rotavirus.
PD recommended rotavirus, as it is the leading cause of diarrhea in children.

Eh.. Then when they touch the boob wouldn't it have milk dripping out?
I tell my hubby, my boobs are no longer for him to play with, it's now LO's milk factory!

Heh.....Did that 1x..Rly praying now haha Dont rly like the condom so I am eagerly looking fwd to my 3 mth review so I can get my IUD inserted then (I hope).

Dr offered me 3 options - Condom, Copper IUD and Mini Pill (Micronor). THen I asked for feedback on IUD on an FB group, there are some mummies who mentioned that IUD got high failure rate! She knew at least 3 mummies who got pregnant even with the IUD. There's another option which the mummies suggested - Implanon. Implant under the skin, but this is more lasting leh, cuz can keep in the body for up to 5 years.

Eh the purpose of putting in fridge?
Minimise bacteria growth... but I scared to put in my pantry fridge, cuz doesn't feel v clean...

I tell my hubby, my boobs are no longer for him to play with, it's now LO's milk factory!

Dr offered me 3 options - Condom, Copper IUD and Mini Pill (Micronor). THen I asked for feedback on IUD on an FB group, there are some mummies who mentioned that IUD got high failure rate! She knew at least 3 mummies who got pregnant even with the IUD. There's another option which the mummies suggested - Implanon. Implant under the skin, but this is more lasting leh, cuz can keep in the body for up to 5 years.

Minimise bacteria growth... but I scared to put in my pantry fridge, cuz doesn't feel v clean...
Impanon I heard that before and have friends who did not and it is not cheap but as long as effective who cares lolz

http://www.sidekclinic.com/charges.html

Last edited:

Hmmm I recognise no method is foolproof. Even if u tie ur tubes u can get pregnant if the clips slip.

Have u decided on which method to use

Just oral solution why not let bb take .. They love it lolz

Huh? What 3 months review ?
You stopping at 1 ?

I aso think what contraceptive method to use .. Pill is out for me cos will lead my bp north Haiz

Iud insert .. Some of my 2010 mummies comment that theirs drop out

In the end no need to decide cos the polyclinic don't offer rotavirus. They ask me go private to take that. But v funny cos I thought I read someone who took rotavirus in polyclinic....

If got microwave in pantry can use the microwave bags to sterilise?

In the end no need to decide cos the polyclinic don't offer rotavirus. They ask me go private to take that. But v funny cos I thought I read someone who took rotavirus in polyclinic....
Oh yes, polyclinics run by NHG offer rotavirus, but those run by Singhealth don't offer I think, cuz I went to Bt Batok polyclinic for the rotavirus vaccine, and BB is under NHG.... It's v strange though. Isn't polyclinic a public health service?? I though both should at least offer the same services.

Hmmm I recognise no method is foolproof. Even if u tie ur tubes u can get pregnant if the clips slip.

Have u decided on which method to use

Impanon I heard that before and have friends who did not and it is not cheap but as long as effective who cares lolz

http://www.sidekclinic.com/charges.html

Not sure yet... If implanon is the best, I would want to have that, but you have to cut the skin to put it in and it's up to 5 years, and I want to have the next kid maybe after 2 years?? And I don't want to cut to remove and put back again etc etc. Micronor has a very short window period of 3 hours to take the pill for it to be effective, compared to the COC, which has 12 hours. I can be v forgetful,even when on COC, I can forget and miss pill too, no point if I keep on forgetting then have to use additional protection. Copper IUD at first I thought about it, then the high failure rate and the heavy periods also like not worth it.

Right now, I am using withdrawal method... :p

Implanon is around $300+ at KKH.

Back