(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

26th May this month for 1st scan. About 6 weeks. Is it check heart Beat?
I checked via another website my end is around 16th jan

Hi Jan mummys! Can I join the fb pg pls?

My (internet calculated) edd is 10 jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Congrats to all those who tested positive! :)
My first test last week, gave a faint line, so I test again yesterday and its positive again :D

So I guess, i'll be a Jan mommy too :)
It;s my first pregnancy and both my husband & I are pretty clueless about where to start next!
Any pointers would be helpful.

Hi, I received this message when I tried to click on the "join" FB link.

The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Wah... maybe because u r having Twins! I'm with SGH. I did have 1 jab on my but that day. Yesterday just prescribe me with oral tablets. And saying my hcg low. But I checked online, they said results OK. Stress!!!
I have not much symptoms. No sore boobs. Just sl cramp around lower abdominal.

Hahahah i hope i'm carrying twins! Lol

Hi all Jan mummies! After weeks of gut feeling, I have finally tested yesterday. It was positive! Very excited! I have not told my hubby yet and I plan to give him a surprise as advanced Father's Day pressie. Not sure how long I can hide cos I'm beginning to feel nauseous.. I'm planning to visit gynae this weekend. Based on my own calculation, edd is 10-Jan.

Add me to fb group: [email protected]

Dearest Jan mummies, apple_celery, I have done the test today and it was positive too. after all keep feeling hungry, nauseous but mine is usually 7plus funny right. I use the pregnancy calculator on the baby Center website, it reflect that I was about 4 weeks preggy and the edd was 15 January.

Add me to the fb group too: [email protected]

I m not too sure when to visit gynae, should I wait till 6 weeks?

Hi Anny ! I've been craving for spaghetti ! haha. i also feel bloated. always feeling very full after eating a little bit. Havent start with the vomiting yet.. but i can sleep early every night and yes, im always going to the toilet to pass urine :p

Same same Christine, till now still having this problem... so bloated and I keep pressing my tummy it seems to be hard.

Dearest Jan mummies, apple_celery, I have done the test today and it was positive too. after all keep feeling hungry, nauseous but mine is usually 7plus funny right. I use the pregnancy calculator on the baby Center website, it reflect that I was about 4 weeks preggy and the edd was 15 January.

Add me to the fb group too: [email protected]

I m not too sure when to visit gynae, should I wait till 6 weeks?

I'm not sure too. But my doctor only wanna see me at 6th weeks. Currently 4 weeks plus.

I'm not sure too. But my doctor only wanna see me at 6th weeks. Currently 4 weeks plus.
huh... think we about the same, then now as per normal?? I call up my gynae, his earliest appointment is 31 May so by then think have 6 weeks already. just wondering do we need to visit a GP first?

huh... think we about the same, then now as per normal?? I call up my gynae, his earliest appointment is 31 May so by then think have 6 weeks already. just wondering do we need to visit a GP first?

Currently I'm on folic acid 5mg 1 tab every morning. And dydrogestrone( stablilize pregnancy) as I'm a ivf patient.
Maybe you can start on folic acid first.

I'm feeling really bloated, burping all the time, nauseous but not really vomiting. Don't think MS started though I had small amounts of vomit after dinner which I attribute to the bloated tummy.
I had MS every night in the 3rd month for my 1st 2 pregnancy and even lost 2 kg instead of putting on weight when carrying my 2nd boy in the 3rd month alone because I'll vomit out dinner no fail.
I joked to my hubby that I'm suffering for him and all he had done was to shoot and enjoy. LoL.

Last edited:
my MS have not showed up yet!
But i feel all bloated and cramping sometimes.

However, i have insomnia. Can't sleep at night! Sometimes i can only sleep at 2.00am and then wake up at 5.00am to pee and then wake up again at 10.00am. Luckily i work from home.

But i get very tired and sleepy in the afternoon and i'll just take a short nap.

my MS have not showed up yet!
But i feel all bloated and cramping sometimes.

However, i have insomnia. Can't sleep at night! Sometimes i can only sleep at 2.00am and then wake up at 5.00am to pee and then wake up again at 10.00am. Luckily i work from home.

But i get very tired and sleepy in the afternoon and i'll just take a short nap.

Totally the same with you deardyan. Nothing except bloated and cramping. And now my breast begin to feel soreness

@Lin Khoo - tell me about it! My nipples are so sensitive too! I can only wear those singlets at home cos whenever the cloth brush against my nipples, feels like somebody scratching the blackboard! Hahaha

I had to go Marks & Spencer and find non-wired bras cos wired ones are too painful for me now.

@Lin Khoo - tell me about it! My nipples are so sensitive too! I can only wear those singlets at home cos whenever the cloth brush against my nipples, feels like somebody scratching the blackboard! Hahaha

I had to go Marks & Spencer and find non-wired bras cos wired ones are too painful for me now.

Ya. Me too, going to buy non wired bras this Sunday. Indeed very painful.
Oh sian. .. starting work coming Monday. After 3 weeks rest at home. Dunno if I can fit in my clothes.
3 weeks eat sleep eat sleep.

It's our first child and we are both really excited about it! Base on the calculations, they will start counting from the first day of your last period, so shld be about 4-5 weeks old. We too have the same thoughts on when we shld be visiting the gynae, but I have already made an appt with the gynae and we'll just go and see what the gynae says.

It's our first child and we are both really excited about it! Base on the calculations, they will start counting from the first day of your last period, so shld be about 4-5 weeks old. We too have the same thoughts on when we shld be visiting the gynae, but I have already made an appt with the gynae and we'll just go and see what the gynae says.

Congrats! Yeah. This is our first time too! A lot to learn.

Hi all. I just tested positive 2 days ago. Conceived through ivf too :) it's our first time and it's both exciting and apprehensive. My beta on 14dp5dt is 1519.6 and next appt to see Dr for scan is another 2 weeks later. At the moment I'm not sure what shld I do or shld not do?
Hoping to have a smooth 9 mths ahead and learn more tips from experienced mummies here!

Hi Mummies & Mummies to be, Happy Mother's Day! Was wondering if it's better for us to have a secret Facebook page for us to share our pregnancy journey as some of us hardly check the forum. Do leave down your email addresses for me to add you if you're keen to join!

Cheers!
High I'm keen to join too. Kindly add me in :) thank you!
[email protected]

Hey, I have this confusion.
I had tested positive on this Monday, so should I be going to a gynae already and start with folic acids or should I wait for a few more weeks?

Hello All mummies-to-be,
I just tested positive on Vesak Day.
Went to GP to do another round of test yesterday.. and is confirm that i'm preggy with my first child.
Hoping to have a smooth delivery and learn /exchange pointers from experienced mummies and mummies to be here! :)

Hey, I have this confusion.
I had tested positive on this Monday, so should I be going to a gynae already and start with folic acids or should I wait for a few more weeks?

Use one of those Due Date calculators and calculate how far along you are. I would say it's a good time to visit gynae at around 7 weeks, else there is not much to see before that. If at anytime you feel unwell or have signs such as spotting, then go to the gynae ASAP. In the meantime, take folic acid and increase calcium intake if you do not have much calcium in the diet. Just eat balanced and healthy meals, do not skip meals.

Oooohh..so it's normal to be insomnia..I've bad bad insomnia and itchy running nose..my edd is ard 18th jan..I intend to fix a date when I'm 6weeks preggy..am so lethargy and yet couldn't get to zzz..

=\

Use one of those Due Date calculators and calculate how far along you are. I would say it's a good time to visit gynae at around 7 weeks, else there is not much to see before that. If at anytime you feel unwell or have signs such as spotting, then go to the gynae ASAP. In the meantime, take folic acid and increase calcium intake if you do not have much calcium in the diet. Just eat balanced and healthy meals, do not skip meals.
thanks queen :)

i did a calculate and my due date is around 15th jan 2015 :D
though i dont have any spotting or MS, but i am not sure what quantities of folic acid, calcium and multi-vitamins to take, so thought to consult a gyane.
but wud a GP visit also be sufficient to answer these questions?

Doctor only gave me 5mg every morning (1 tab)
Calcium I drink anlene milk 2 packet. 1 in the morning N 1 at night. I don't take multi - vits so....
I did ask about fish oil though, she doesn't recommend below 4 months

I keep burping too! And I feel especially tired... When I put my no 1 to sleep at 8pm, I will fall asleep with her and only wake up at 9pm. Slack ard, then go back to bed at 10pm. By the way, my no. 1 is 10 months old and I'm still breast feeding. My supply has been badly affected...

No puking yet but I feel nauseous at times. And I do get cramping feeling too.

Yeah apple..I'm still breastfeeding my boy too..supply was really bad since 3weeks ago..plus he's not into formula either..totally rejected all brands..even goat milk..

Doctor only gave me 5mg every morning (1 tab)
Calcium I drink anlene milk 2 packet. 1 in the morning N 1 at night. I don't take multi - vits so....
I did ask about fish oil though, she doesn't recommend below 4 months

Thanks Lin :)

Another question!!
I will have to travel for a couple of days next week and would have my first gynae visit only once I return.
So are there any precautions or medicines which I should carry with me for the travel?

Hi, I received this message when I tried to click on the "join" FB link.

The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Hi, same here.

Had received the invite but when i click the link, same error message came out.

Sakshi

Pack in some paracetamol(though try to avoid if you can), Difflam lozenges(in case you develop sore/dry throat), folic acid pills and most important..a POSITIVE and HAPPY you..!! Enjoy your trip..!!

Oh..I haven't receive any invite in fb yet..

Back