(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

[
yeaaah i go buy at Expo cos i wanted to go and see the quality cos i had zero idea!
So since we're there and it's slightly cheaper, just buy lor. Hahaha

So good your sis can pass u so many hand me down! My nieces one is already 8 and the other one is turning 5 so my SIL already hand over all their clothes to other people and my SIL. Among my friends, i'm one of the last one to get married and have kids! Most of my close girlfriends got married when they were about 23-24 so their kids also now going primary already! LOL
The only hand-me-downs i got was pregnancy books! Lots of them until i don't know where to keep!

When we have a 2nd child, he/ she will definitely have to use the hand-me-downs!

hehe, I see. I don't dare buy coz dunno what size will fit... haha
I am lucky coz I have a lot of friends giving birth a yr ahead of me. haha

I don't have pregnancy books hahaa thou

Those bread that boasts to flax seed included...if the flax seed is whole, our stomach is not able to digest the whole flax seed .... its better to feed on milled flax seed.

Yup... and to retain freshness always grind it when you need it... I just bought flaxseed on iherb! So cheap compared to SG.

Yup... and to retain freshness always grind it when you need it... I just bought flaxseed on iherb! So cheap compared to SG.
you grind yourself? better to buy pre-milled ones.... cuz our food processor will produce heat when we grind these flax seeds but I know the cost are significantly very different. same concept as the cold pressed juice vs our juice blender

Yesterday we finally arranged the stuff we bought from the Baby fair etc and chuck them one side in the nursery until we figure out what to do with the nursery.

I need to stop buying clothes. I think my daughter will end up wearing Carters for Home clothes hahahaa.
i don't mind lah cos i got it quite cheap actually. So no need to go Waterloo and buy some more basics. Scared buy too many.

DSC_0241.jpg

i've covered most of the major items like:
- Babycot / Mattress / pillow / Bolster
- Stroller (i finally decided on the Babyzen Yoyo)
- Ingenuity Washable Playard. Will put it in the living room for baby to sleep during day time. Pretty easy cos it comes with a changing table as well so easy for me to do changing and all.
- Ingenuity Auto Swing (i technically got this FOC with the Playard during the Baby Fair PO). So will definitely utilise this!
- Bumbo Seat. Don't ask me why i buy this! Totally unnecessary but so cute to see baby sit in Bumbo seat! Hahahaha
- Goon Diapers. i bought 2 pack newborn and 2 pack Small Size. i find the Goon cutting for newborns slightly bigger than other diapers so hoping that she wont outgrow the newborn size that fast.
- Baby Wraps & Baby Sling Pouch. I have yet to buy a carrier because i wanna wait till baby neck is stronger.. 3 mths upwards then go and do a carrier fitting.

i went to the Taka Baby Fair last sunday to get Pigeon stuff like detergent, breast pad etc.
I think i'm only left with all the minor minor stuff that i can buy slowly. Thank god cos really i'm getting too lazy to do any shopping already. Too lazy to cook even!
Wahhhh muz control liao haha...

Can stop buying small size n buy 1 yr old n above already lol

I am already start lossing hair. .. anyone same as me ??

For #1 there was no significant hair loss

For #2 hair loss came after confinement. . So i cut my hair real short..

This round i already cut short hair juz enough length tie up since 1st trimester.

N everyday i can see lots of hair on the floor n in toilet... sweep already awhile later i will see hair strands again.... stress !!

yeaaah i go buy at Expo cos i wanted to go and see the quality cos i had zero idea!
So since we're there and it's slightly cheaper, just buy lor. Hahaha

So good your sis can pass u so many hand me down! My nieces one is already 8 and the other one is turning 5 so my SIL already hand over all their clothes to other people and my SIL. Among my friends, i'm one of the last one to get married and have kids! Most of my close girlfriends got married when they were about 23-24 so their kids also now going primary already! LOL
The only hand-me-downs i got was pregnancy books! Lots of them until i don't know where to keep!

When we have a 2nd child, he/ she will definitely have to use the hand-me-downs!

walao u all make me kanjiong leh.. i havent buy anything yet and i got no hands-me-downsssssss

you grind yourself? better to buy pre-milled ones.... cuz our food processor will produce heat when we grind these flax seeds but I know the cost are significantly very different. same concept as the cold pressed juice vs our juice blender

I don't really believe in cold pressed juices lah... so I guess you can say I don't believe in getting premilled ones either...lol.

Ooo Taka Baby fair has new poster. I hope I nv see wrongly or they never print wrongly:

Last week the Huggies gift with purchase is with purchase of $80 & above on Huggies products. According to the poster this week, it's $80 & above purchase on anything to redeem.

Anyone went today to confirm? I'll be going down tomorrow afternoon to take a look :)

Attachments

• Baby Fair ad 2.jpg
    Baby Fair ad 2.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 214
  • takababyfairad1.jpg
    takababyfairad1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 207
Wah, this booster seat is suitable from 2 yrs up to 49kg?! Almost a full grown adult weight... LOL

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413465873309.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413465873309.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 176
Wah, this booster seat is suitable from 2 yrs up to 49kg?! Almost a full grown adult weight... LOL
Nowadays quite alot of this type of car seat.

Coz rules says have to sit until 10 yr old? I remember have to sit till quite big... n these cater from 9mths n above... quite worth the price

Juz made my first overnight oats, using instant rolled oats, milk, flavored yogurt, cha seeds, raisins. Hopefully will turn out edible...

Nowadays quite alot of this type of car seat.

Coz rules says have to sit until 10 yr old? I remember have to sit till quite big... n these cater from 9mths n above... quite worth the price
Think it is see height for tall
Kids they can do without petty soon

Thank you! Super worried as this is my first pregnancy & already got GD:(.. Hope my baby will be alright

Urs not as serious as need insulin. So diet control n exercise will solve the problem

Dun be stress by the scary pics of baby which they show u... those are baby whose mummy has serious case of GD/ nv control....

Juz relax n diet control plus exercise. . Dun stress dun think too much

Urs not as serious as need insulin. So diet control n exercise will solve the problem

Dun be stress by the scary pics of baby which they show u... those are baby whose mummy has serious case of GD/ nv control....

Juz relax n diet control plus exercise. . Dun stress dun think too much
Huh? What picture ?

Huh? What picture ?
In kkh during counselling after they confirm u have GD

They will educate u wat diet u have to follow

N consequences if u dun follow
= 5kg n above baby.
Deform baby
Super under weight baby etc.
All these they show u the pic.. n its scary lor.. especially natural birth how to give birth 5kg n more baby ...

The nurse will say until scary scary

But the fact is.. if we control its not scary lah.. they made it sound until even if we control we might encounter these situations

= 5kg n above baby.
Deform baby
All these they show u the pic.. n its scary lor.. especially natural birth how to give birth 5kg n more baby ...

But the fact is.. if we control its not scary lah.. they made it sound until even if we control we might encounter these situations
Really !!!! Heng private clinic dun see all that lolz

= 5kg n above baby.
Deform baby

Omg ppl already scare still show pics. Lucky my endocrine dr nv show such pic. Must teach how to control diet not scare the mummies.

my doc don't even need to show me pics to scare me... Her tone was already enough hahaha
I felt my pregnancy rather stressful. Daily injections, monthly blood test, 2 different doc visit a mth, must watch the weight... etc....
Worry about bb health, worry about $$ .. hai... Make me really think twice to go thru it again.. And I haven even give birth haha

I am starting to walk on my treadmill every other day. going at different speeds and incline for 25-30mins. Feels good to sweat abit. haha

= 5kg n above baby.
Deform baby

Wow 5kg and natural birth is very scary lei!!!!

my doc don't even need to show me pics to scare me... Her tone was already enough hahaha
I felt my pregnancy rather stressful. Daily injections, monthly blood test, 2 different doc visit a mth, must watch the weight... etc....
Worry about bb health, worry about $$ .. hai... Make me really think twice to go thru it again.. And I haven even give birth haha

I am starting to walk on my treadmill every other day. going at different speeds and incline for 25-30mins. Feels good to sweat abit. haha
You seeing 2 dr already scare liao. I got GD also so seeing endocrine dr also once a mth. I control my diet now haha control by myself than dr controlled me.
Haha me also the way prof saying it scare me till c food also scare till phobia but now agak agak know which food cause high reading which food must cut down.

For bb full mth did u all give voucher or cake set? For invited relatives is that whether they come or not to our place we will also give them the voucher / cake sets? As for invited friends n colleagues makan at the full mth shower only right? Or we need to prepare voucher / cake sets to them also? Any experience mummies can advise on this? TIA

I feel give when they can't attend coz anyway they got give angbao or pressie to baby. paiseh.

Then those whom attend, don't need prepare already, coz food is already serve during the full month celebration.

Most of my colleagues do that, they will give cake set or vouchers to those that did not attend the full month celebration

For bb full mth did u all give voucher or cake set? For invited relatives is that whether they come or not to our place we will also give them the voucher / cake sets? As for invited friends n colleagues makan at the full mth shower only right? Or we need to prepare voucher / cake sets to them also? Any experience mummies can advise on this? TIA
From what I remember from a recent baby shower. relatives whether come or not, shld all give.

o issit! my sis nvr give during her baby shower coz she ordered red eggs and ang ku kueh in the buffet.
I think it boils down to how traditional ur family is?

Every family is different depending on how "traditional" your family is... For your relatives, maybe you want to consult your parents on what's the previous practice... my side of the family, we are not traditional, we don't need to do baby shower, at the most, just give cakes only.

For colleagues, I will just invite them to makan, don't intend to prepare additional cakes for them....

My #1 I had buffet for elder and give them full month package and angbao .. For colleagues who din attend the buffet I gave voucher ..

This round I think I will just mail the voucher no more buffet

Every family is different depending on how "traditional" your family is... For your relatives, maybe you want to consult your parents on what's the previous practice... my side of the family, we are not traditional, we don't need to do baby shower, at the most, just give cakes only.

For colleagues, I will just invite them to makan, don't intend to prepare additional cakes for them....
I was thinking of just giving cakes too. The rest just invite them for makan..I'm hoping to do baby manyue cum house warming together! :)

For me last round, i got bb shower. So i invite all to the party. Therefore i also nvr prepare any voucher. hahahaha THink this round crash with CNY, so maybe wont have any baby shower.

Kiddy palace compass point . Btw ms one diff price Liao ... Cos went ms and the net or the set is selling so much expensive .. Net around $20 and bouncer set around $52

compass point & MS prices different?

thinking of going kiddy palace tmrw but not sure where as i heard compass point got sales.

Usually during full month party for my #1

We will give cake sets for guest to bring . home. Last time i bought those cake set which has reg eggs n ang gu kueh inside ... coz my dad traditional muz have.

Then those nv come but give ang pow or present if nearby i will give cake set. If far then i give voucher

For my #2 since only 1 yr apart from my #1 m so near cny . So we didnt have full mth party.

So we juz give cakes sets with eggs n ang gu kueh to relatives. N my mother side relatives requested vouchers instead so they can own time own target n buy on their own

My side I think not so particular. My elder sis only hold for #1 as for her #2 she nv do anything.
Guess shld be depends on ourselves haha :p

Just finished with Dr Tham. My LO is 770g at week 24... Oops need to do OGTT test next mth le...
Your bb around the same weight as mine in week 24... mine was around 750-760g also... that's why have to do the GD test next month... :(

Now you only week 24 meh?? I thought now you would be week 25 liao since your EDD is one week after mine...

Anyone here has recommit ions for confinement food catering? I was going to opt for chilli padi after reading reviews but I rem one mummy here tried the trial and it looked too greasy and saucy for my liking..not sure if worth going down to try the food? I enquired and they told me can try at their restaurant in joo chiat..anyone has other recommendations?

I also had my week 24 scan with Dr Tham.. exceed 700g too.. next appt must go GD test too :( I'm so scare! He say avg is 400 - 700g for week24.

Back