(2014) ivf mummies support group

super detail lor! even waited awhile for his full report.. quite satisfying results.. and his explanation is quite clear in the report.. haa..
ya ya.. his explanation in the report really set my heart at ease at week 15 when I see him for 2nd opinion.. and was supposed to see him for detail scan next week but KKH's appt not able to change and I doubt they allow me to use dr ananda's report instead

ya same all of the above... i am using bodyshop tea tree pimple stick.. dont know can or not....
i am planning to touch up on my dye during 2nd trimester. Cant tahan liao. The hair mascara can only help temporarily but not long term solution.
Contemplating too! it's not a long term solution laa...then again, scared the side effects ley. if u were to do it, will u go to the hair salon or DIY kits? I know to prevent from inhaling the fumes, you need to be in a well-ventilated room.

ya ya.. his explanation in the report really set my heart at ease at week 15 when I see him for 2nd opinion.. and was supposed to see him for detail scan next week but KKH's appt not able to change and I doubt they allow me to use dr ananda's report instead

hee, yes ! u have done the right move to seek for his opinion! 1 lady also went KKH also seek his opinion. everything is fine mei! have u try to ask Dr Tan if he accept? really no choice then have to do again.. ha

dreamirene, i felt emotional in my first tri. couple of times also argue with hubby with small little things but only for few hrs we laugh at each other again... try to chill... take it easy ya.. think of the bright side..
I also argued with my hub! he doesn't allow me to do this do that, like to attend friend's birthday dinner gathering cos by the time i got home, it would be late to bathe etc. was so pissed cos he expected me to stay in cave for the 1st trim

hee, yes ! u have done the right move to seek for his opinion! 1 lady also went KKH also seek his opinion. everything is fine mei! have u try to ask Dr Tan if he accept? really no choice then have to do again.. ha
I took his report to see dr tan, then dr tan says.. this report is not suppose to overwrite the one done at KKH duhz.. but overall he dun recommend me to go for amnio too lo :) so I just cancelled dr anada's appt next week..
ya really no choice then have to book appt with him again *touchwood

oh..i mean do it again at KKH.. lol.. honestly many drs do not recommend amnio..but at least ur heart at ease that time... coz the last time u did was at week 15.. my gynae did mention that detail scan best is done within week 21 to week 23..

I also argued with my hub! he doesn't allow me to do this do that, like to attend friend's birthday dinner gathering cos by the time i got home, it would be late to bathe etc. was so pissed cos he expected me to stay in cave for the 1st trim

haa.. summer cool down.. mayb ur hubby also have his reason? to avoid too crowded place?

oh..i mean do it again at KKH.. lol.. honestly many drs do not recommend amnio..but at least ur heart at ease that time... coz the last time u did was at week 15.. my gynae did mention that detail scan best is done within week 21 to week 23..
ya detail scan is best to be done week 21 to 23 hence I wan postphone mah haha
the last time I went coz of the NT lo.. all in the package so do it as well :p

he is just worried about u nia.. chill :D

Contemplating too! it's not a long term solution laa...then again, scared the side effects ley. if u were to do it, will u go to the hair salon or DIY kits? I know to prevent from inhaling the fumes, you need to be in a well-ventilated room.

i will go back to my regular hair salon. i got package there. She ever told me that when she does for pregnant women she will make sure she wont touch the scalp to minimize chemical absorption through the pores . I go to her every once a month. She must be thinking why i MIA for these couple of months...

kmei2, I've booked an appt with Dr Tan HH, but first appt is at clinic b cos' his pte suite appt is not avail till 29 oct and i would be doing detailed scan by then. Is the queue time at clinic b very long?

kmei2, I've booked an appt with Dr Tan HH, but first appt is at clinic b cos' his pte suite appt is not avail till 29 oct and i would be doing detailed scan by then. Is the queue time at clinic b very long?
Clinic D u mean? can be a long wait at times + also depending wat time is ur appointment I guess :)

Gosh, I really heard clinic B and I've asked like 5 times. LOL. Good thing I decided to tell u about it. My appt time is at 920am on a Friday morning. U reckon will be ok? U are seeing him at TPS or?

Gosh, I really heard clinic B and I've asked like 5 times. LOL. Good thing I decided to tell u about it. My appt time is at 920am on a Friday morning. U reckon will be ok? U are seeing him at TPS or?
hmm I guess shld be ok if you dun mind waiting :) i'm with him @ TPS.. I tink he will transfer you to TPS after the 1st visit at Clinic D lor..
U will be receiving SMS reminder abt 1 week to 5 days before the appt so by then u will know its B or D hee

I took his report to see dr tan, then dr tan says.. this report is not suppose to overwrite the one done at KKH duhz.. but overall he dun recommend me to go for amnio too lo :) so I just cancelled dr anada's appt next week..
ya really no choice then have to book appt with him again *touchwood
Expected laaa....cos KKH would not want to be held responsible for any outside reports..

hmm I guess shld be ok if you dun mind waiting :) i'm with him @ TPS.. I tink he will transfer you to TPS after the 1st visit at Clinic D lor..
U will be receiving SMS reminder abt 1 week to 5 days before the appt so by then u will know its B or D hee
Think TPS is the best cos the environment is so spa-like, so cosy and there's free drinks also!!

Towkayneo, I do wish to move to TPS if I'm staying with KKH although I've not been there before but I heard quite gd reviews.

Welcome away! Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!

Congrats, Away! :) U put 1 embryo or 2?
Thanks glittery!
I transferred 2 embryos for the FET.
Actually was worried that I would get twins as my first child from my first IVF, my reading was 184 on D12pt and this time it was 542 on D12pt.
So me and hubby was relieved to see a sac plus hearing the heartbeat :)
Thus the reading really don't say much :)

Away, I'm maomi not maomia hehe. My reading at d13 was 1580 for my twinnies. Anyway hcg reading is not a gd gauge for twins or not, there r sisters with very high readings but end up singleton. Hehe

Towkayneo, I started showing at abt wk10-11. Evening time even bigger, like 5-6 mths

True lo, my reading is 1507, thought ho seh liao, twins! End up a singleton ya, seems like evening time slightly bigger & morning like deflated. My tummy can pass off as I just had a buffet. thinking when I can the obvious bump!

Oh Maomi and Towkayneo, yaya probably this time is a earlier implantation for me :)
Really relieved especially my first child I already gave birth premature, so if twins, don't think my body can handle.

My stomach now at 8weeks is also showing a bump.
Couldn't fit into my regular clothes anymore and started wear maternity leggings.
Heard that 2nd pregnancy the stomach shows faster.
Also started on stretch mark oil coz can feel the skin itch as it stretches.

Hi everyone.. Im new to this thread, in fact this is my first post. Im scheduled for my first ivf cycle this coming November. I need some advice actually.. how is the procedure like for ivf? do I need to apply for long leave to have ample bed rest? Im working closely with young children so a lot physical energy involved. And yes im with Dr HH Tan. He is good definitely. Logical and warm person. Just the right doctor both my husband and I needed

Hi ladies,

I am returning red eggs at toa payoh shuang lin shi this sat 21sep 12noon.

I conceived after taking red eggs fr a returning couple. Hence I am doing the same to bless more couples.

If u r interested, see you on sat.

Kmei2, has Dr Tan started u on anti-contraction pills? I was told by the TMC gyne that he will start anti-contraction pills in wk 20 to play safe and prevent pre-term.

Kmei2, has Dr Tan started u on anti-contraction pills? I was told by the TMC gyne that he will start anti-contraction pills in wk 20 to play safe and prevent pre-term.

Maomi,this is first time i hearing this..is it normal to prescribe anti-contraction pills during pregnancy? I was given supplements only like fish oil, iron & calcium.. mayb some with viatmins..

Last edited:
True lo, my reading is 1507, thought ho seh liao, twins! End up a singleton ya, seems like evening time slightly bigger & morning like deflated. My tummy can pass off as I just had a buffet. thinking when I can the obvious bump!

summer, hee, pretty soon u will see ur bump.. cannot even hide if u wanted to...! lol.. I am really amazed, seeing how my body changes daily.. remb to take picture of ur belly.. haa..

Thanks glittery!
I transferred 2 embryos for the FET.
Actually was worried that I would get twins as my first child from my first IVF, my reading was 184 on D12pt and this time it was 542 on D12pt.
So me and hubby was relieved to see a sac plus hearing the heartbeat :)
Thus the reading really don't say much :)

btw, sidetrack abit.. for Frozen egg transfer, do we still need to go for all the injections??

summer, hee, pretty soon u will see ur bump.. cannot even hide if u wanted to...! lol.. I am really amazed, seeing how my body changes daily.. remb to take picture of ur belly.. haa..
Aiya, like how soon? kan cheong ley cos tomorrow going for scan. hope all is fine~~

Ehhh, why ah?
I was doing medicated all the way cos my menses are irregular..
I think depends on the gyne.. Some like using meds like lucrin jabs to suppress ovulation so can control the timing n cycle better.. I was on lucrin jabs at first, then after ET became daily progesterone in oil jabs plus utrogestan plus crinone.. Plus E2 patch n progynova.. My gyne stepped up from the first fresh failed cycle, n also cos my E2 n prog levels a bit low.. But well.. Whatever it takes to get the BFP right? :)

Aiya, like how soon? kan cheong ley cos tomorrow going for scan. hope all is fine~~

very fast hor..gg for ur oscar scan? sure all fine.. keep positive & all the best!

oh, FET got natural & medicated? hmm, so i believe the whole process will be more simplifier & cheaper than fresh cycle..

btw, sidetrack abit.. for Frozen egg transfer, do we still need to go for all the injections??
Over my side, totally different procedure: I did medicated FET and my procedure was :
- take Duphanston for 10 days to trigger menses
- start Gonal F injections 37.5 fr 3rd to 8th day of menses cycle
- 9th day do a scan to check follicle size and lining
- if ok, Ovitrelle injection like in fresh cycle and transfer
In France, the objective is not to suppress the ovulation but to ovulate like normal with the help of small dose of Gonal F.

I think depends on the gyne.. Some like using meds like lucrin jabs to suppress ovulation so can control the timing n cycle better.. I was on lucrin jabs at first, then after ET became daily progesterone in oil jabs plus utrogestan plus crinone.. Plus E2 patch n progynova.. My gyne stepped up from the first fresh failed cycle, n also cos my E2 n prog levels a bit low.. But well.. Whatever it takes to get the BFP right? :)
True lor! i failed fresh x 1 and FET x 2 only to realise that i have a swollen tube. removed it & tada!

very fast hor..gg for ur oscar scan? sure all fine.. keep positive & all the best!

oh, FET got natural & medicated? hmm, so i believe the whole process will be more simplifier & cheaper than fresh cycle..
Thanks ah, bbluck..*thumbs up* hope i wun get the china sonographer. heard that there is an infamous china sonographer who is super rough. hehehehe. definitely FET is much cheaper.

Maomi, yup he started me with the utrogenstan pills yday for the next 8 weeks :)

Back