(2014) ivf mummies support group

@ kmei2 , u going for csec for your twins this round? I m thinking natural but gync said twins are usually done by csec although he had delivered naturally for twins.

Is your tummy bigger with twins than singleton? My first time being mother so don't know what to expect.

Mummies - will u be hiring a confinement nanny? I just called a couple of agencies and they are charging $3k plus to take care of twins. Faint. So ex!

@ kmei2 , u going for csec for your twins this round? I m thinking natural but gync said twins are usually done by csec although he had delivered naturally for twins.

Is your tummy bigger with twins than singleton? My first time being mother so don't know what to expect.

glittery, yup goin csec this time round too..
yup bigger than singleton haha.. hubby says looks like almost 7-8mths whereby i'm only comin 5mths nia

Mummies - will u be hiring a confinement nanny? I just called a couple of agencies and they are charging $3k plus to take care of twins. Faint. So ex!
nope..didn't hire confinement lady as i feel that its not worth it.. as mine will be crossing over CNY too i tink..

nope..didn't hire confinement lady as i feel that its not worth it.. as mine will be crossing over CNY too i tink..

wow mei, u are experienced! so good..but i need to hire.. no choice..

btw, any suggestion on the which brand or types of milk bottles are good?

haa i'm still learning too lo.. i cant bear to give that sum of $$ to stranger leh haa
I've bought Pigeon's coz its works well for my #1 too so continue with that brand :)

haa i'm still learning too lo.. i cant bear to give that sum of $$ to stranger leh haa
I've bought Pigeon's coz its works well for my #1 too so continue with that brand :)

oh ok, hmm im looking at a various brand tommee tippee, dr brown & playtex.. like not bad..

oh ok, hmm im looking at a various brand tommee tippee, dr brown & playtex.. like not bad..
my sil is using tommee tippee and avent alternate.. she says tommee's teat flow abit slow but avent's teat is hard haa but as long as bb can accept all is good

hahaha... aiyo.. i took liao!! but accidentally deleted my folder lor... sob sob.. so now have to retake.. but tummy getting bigger!!!
alamak! wasted haa i took photo of the bump too lo and measure coz wan to buy maternity wear haha!

my sil is using tommee tippee and avent alternate.. she says tommee's teat flow abit slow but avent's teat is hard haa but as long as bb can accept all is good

oh okok.. hmm.. cant wait for the bb expo in oct.. many things to grab..

alamak! wasted haa i took photo of the bump too lo and measure coz wan to buy maternity wear haha!

ya lor.. so sad..! haa, orh i see.. i think i bought more than enough to last me till birth..I hope..! don wanna spend too much on maternity wear.. lol..

just to share my birth experience from my first child...
In fact my waterbag teared but i didn't exactly realise until 3 days later.
Admit myself, the same night at 4am start to feel contractions, very painful and uncomfy,
like mei said, 100x regular cramps! Called nurse and they checked dilation and pushed me down to delivery ward and administered epidural.
Within few minutes, I don't feel any pain any more!
After 4 hours, I delivered, with help of midwife pushing down my stomach as they feel that I don't have enough strength to push.

I would say Natural birth is definitely much much better. The same night I can go down from my bed and go see my daughter.
Healing was no problem.

I said that also, before i was pregnant with first child, i did a lapo-scopy surgery, where the cut was really tiny like 1cm,
but i remember I suffered for 1 week from the healing, every step, every laugh, every cough or sneeze was painful!

bb_luck - which agency you book your CL from? apparently i need to book soon i was told by the agencies... Am looking at PEM or SuperNanny.

Wa, mei mei, that means for the confinement, it's you and yourself only?? not engaging your mummy or MIL's help since u r not engaging confinement lady?

then u ladies going for formula or breast feeding ah? recently they have been advocating breast feeding wor..
summer, i will see how my supply goes after birth.. if there isn't any or little then i will just continue with formula.. :)

Wa, mei mei, that means for the confinement, it's you and yourself only?? not engaging your mummy or MIL's help since u r not engaging confinement lady?

oh my mil will cook my share of confinement food, helper and mil will oso help to shower bbies lo :)
CL is really heng or suay.. its met up with good ones then cant say anything, if problematic ones... that confinement mth will be suffering leh

oh my mil will cook my share of confinement food, helper and mil will oso help to shower bbies lo :)
CL is really heng or suay.. its met up with good ones then cant say anything, if problematic ones... that confinement mth will be suffering leh
True lor...and most of the time, it's more bad ones than good ones :( good la, at least got extra hands to help out.

the only bad point is mayb cant get as much rest as possible coz doesn't know how is the pattern of the bbies :p
Hence, it's best to get as much sleep possible now. Deposit lotsa zzzzzzz into the sleep bank, else once the bbs are out, the sleep bank will be seriously depleted.

Hi Bb luck - how often are these baby expo? Those tech expo are like ever quarter. What about the BB expo?
Hi glitterystar, so far from may till now, there was an expo fair in July, taka fair in aug. from what I hear, the major fairs at expo are twice a year-- mar/April, oct. taka fair is also twice in march n aug I think. In between also got so s smaller fairs too. If you don't like squeezing at expo, can also buy some things such as stroller n cot at baby hyperstore or baby kingdom at kaki bukit. :)

bb_luck - which agency you book your CL from? apparently i need to book soon i was told by the agencies... Am looking at PEM or SuperNanny.
Most of my friends told me better to get a CL who was recommended by a friend.. At least has been tried n tested even though you still can't guarantee that they will still be gd when its your turn, but better than a total stranger.. Some of the agencies I looked at dont allow you to interview the CL first-- if you can find one that allows u to interview first, then will be gd! I'm also paying $3400 for my CL as crosses cny. Heartache but no choice as I'm a noob, my mum is in poor health and MIL is more working woman type so not so familiar with newborn care..

morning mummies!! Friday lo!! :D

Mei, my detail scan result is good so far.. lasted for 45 mins as my bb boy quite cooperative.. ha.:p... i learnt that I must really talk to bb before scanning..he will listen and cooperate.. haa.. but waiting was super long nearly 2hrs i think 1 of the patient was late or what.. so all the slot delay..

away, thank u for sharing with labour experience.. really sound adventurous..like so risky 3 days waterbag without knowing but good to hear that ended with smooth delivery..

glitterystar, my CL is recommended thru my SIL's friend.. she engaged her during june this year.. feedback not bad, so i decided to take her lo..and her fee is not so ex for $3k, even though my EDD might crossed CNY..

Thanks Joypeace for the bb fair replies.. :D

btw, there is another store u might be interested..they are having sales these 2 days.
.http://www.babystudio.com.sg/

mei, no choice have to engage a total stranger to help us..:( honestly, im not so concern if she really can cook tasty confinement food.. I really need to learn the basic taking care of baby techniques from her.. haa

morning, ladies...do u all ever feel moody in the first trimester?? i know we shd always keep ourselves happy...but recently i hav been feeling so sian and moody...not even in the mood to join watsapp chat with my pri sch frens... not sure if this is also partly cos hubby has no time for me...he is too busy with work and studies....burn weekends on studies...

morning, ladies...do u all ever feel moody in the first trimester?? i know we shd always keep ourselves happy...but recently i hav been feeling so sian and moody...not even in the mood to join watsapp chat with my pri sch frens... not sure if this is also partly cos hubby has no time for me...he is too busy with work and studies....burn weekends on studies...
Ya!! I feel extremely moody during this period, because:

1. Spotting issues during the early period, constant worrying
2. Poor appetite, nausea feeling (then u cannot tell anybody why u behave this way because of the 3 month thingy)
3. Grey hair, cannot dye
4. Pimples

I think it's important to have the support of your hubby. Constant talks help. Maybe you want to talk to him?

dreamirene, i felt emotional in my first tri. couple of times also argue with hubby with small little things but only for few hrs we laugh at each other again... try to chill... take it easy ya.. think of the bright side..

2. Poor appetite, nausea feeling (then u cannot tell anybody why u behave this way because of the 3 month thingy)
3. Grey hair, cannot dye
4. Pimples

I think it's important to have the support of your hubby. Constant talks help. Maybe you want to talk to him?

lol.. summer! yes lotsa of pimples & gray hair really spoiled the mood! haa

hi Dreamirene - i got more problems with sleep than mood swings :( i will wake up in the middle of the night and cant go back to sleep until early morning. Taking a toll on my work :(

3. Grey hair, cannot dye
4. Pimples

ya same all of the above... i am using bodyshop tea tree pimple stick.. dont know can or not....
i am planning to touch up on my dye during 2nd trimester. Cant tahan liao. The hair mascara can only help temporarily but not long term solution.

oh ya glitterystar.. the sleeping problem is common...! i also having hard time.. getting used to it now.. so not so bad as first tri.

morning all! yeah its Friday again :D

bb, how fun hor! mine next tues finally hee

Yes yes!! super fun.. surprisingly, Dr ananda's clinic quite small.. The scanning s so clear! can see his hand waving!! haa.. yeah, finally ur turn too..! haa..

Yes yes!! super fun.. surprisingly, Dr ananda's clinic quite small.. The scanning s so clear! can see his hand waving!! haa.. yeah, finally ur turn too..! haa..
yeah yeah!! ya quite small and I likey his machine wahahah
he's very detail hor :)

Back