(2014) ivf mummies support group

chris, my BT was 547.2 on 15dp2dt.. hee good luck... spreading twinnies dustssss wahahahah!

Mei2: hehe.. Thanks.. Will see how Mon's scan goes
happy.gif

Hi Chris, yupz.. Best is to have a relax and peaceful state of mind. But easier said than done. Im the super kan cheong kind. Hee
happy.gif

Hi ganie, congrats! Must be such a big relief to see the heartbeat!!
happy.gif
Hope your spotting has stopped. Did they give you additional support? Thanks for the tip on the papaya. Gonna give it a miss for the time being.

Hi Mei2, grabbing your twinnies baby dusts!! Hubs and myself are hoping for two beanies too!! but we will be equally happy with just one.
happy.gif
Can't wait for the scan. Btw, forgot to ask if your spotting had stop. Hope you are feeling better!

Lilcookie: yeah, it is really a big relief cos its still quite early. I really hate the anticipating and wait for next scan part so really glad. My levels are very good though, my progesterone is at 900, hcg abt 47000. So my doctor was saying i shldnt be spotting.. hmm.. but my sonographer said she can see a small blood clot near the placenta so she said that might be the reason. But she told me nothing to worry abt. Dun think my doctor has seen my scan yet, im only seeing my doctor tmr. Thats the problem with govt hospital, its so hard to get hold of the doctor. Haha...

LCD: yupz.. Somehow I not so kan Cheong but more thinking ahead of the arrangement and logistics. Having bb is a big project haha.. ;)

Ganie16: your readings v good. Is it important to know also the progestrone readings? A friend ask me but I say I don't know. Glad that the source of the spotting is found and all is well.

Chris: acty i didnt bother abt progesterone the last times. But this time cos my progesterone was a bit low 1 week after et so i took note of the figure. And plus dunno why when the level is high the lab always rerun the test so i curious lor. Acty, my doctor was saying she hopes to see anything above 50 so mine is really over the roof. So high until abit worried, haha.. acty, dun need to know so much, just that im quite a control freak, need to know everything.
happy.gif

Ganie16: I see.. I try not to be a control freak :p but good to know what's happening for learning sake.. Hehe. I am self-assuring but kinda tell myself that as long HCG is there will be ok. It's from the HCG that our body makes the progestrone and progestrone needs cholesterol from our body to make so eat well
happy.gif

Lcd, spotting comes and goes but doc says as long no bad cramps it shld be fine.. still on support of duphaston though
happy.gif
thanks for asking hee.. if too serious i tink i will drop by for a scan and jab mayb *excuses to see babies wahahah

Sisters,sad to say I won't be able to join this thread at the moment as I miscarriage at 5w..yesterday evening had heavy bleeding with clots so rush to nuh emd.. no words can describe my sadness..I have no frozen embryos and will need to start all over again..honesty,I now have some fear on starting a new cycle,maybe I need time to get over yet..would like to get advices from u gals that what shd I do now to recover my body and prepare my next fresh cycle? Anything I can eat to help my egg quality? I planning to do it in nuh for coming ivf, any advice on prof wong? Really hope I can join this thread soon again with success BFP...
sad.gif

faith, *hugz.. have a good rest and oso take a break ya..

its better for u to be on mini confinement like drinking red date longan for abt 2 weeks to keep ur body warm now

Hi ganie, hope the visit at the doctor went well.
happy.gif
Did the doc mentioned anything abt the blood clot?
Are you which KKH too? My progesterone level was around 400+ during my BT.
Thinking of requesting for another progesterone test when i go back for my scan next week to make sure the figures are climbing.

Hi Chris, Yesh, having a bb is a big project. In fact, it has been a long 4 years of TTC for me!! Hope our lil beanies will grow to be big and strong
happy.gif

Hi Mei2, Haha. You don't need excuses to see your beanies lah.
happy.gif
Good to know that the spotting is not that serious.
Mabbe cos you are having twinnies? Issit a must to be on duphaston for the whole 1st trimester? Just thinking about taking that white pill makes me really nausea man. Bleah

A question: How do we knows how many weeks along are we? i use the http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php link and it says i'm 6 weeks 1 day preggie today le. How accurate issit? Thanks
happy.gif

Hi faith

*Big hugs*
I'm so sorry to hear that.
sad.gif

I had a m/c before and i can so understand what you are going through.
Like what Mei2 says, it's a good idea to do a mini confinement during this period. My mum helped me with it. I rem she cooked alot of food using ginger.

Take a few months to tiao back your body and come back stronger ya.
I can't wait to see you in this thread.
Chin up, babe!! hugs

lcd, during this time our beanies are growing very fast.. the due date its just a rough gauge nia
happy.gif
ya i read that its common but still still feel so unsafe haha and oso yup duphaston for the whole 1st trimester..

isit a need to take progesterone blood test still?

Hi Mei2, guess i'll wait for the scan next week to date the pregnancy and compare if there's a big difference ba.

As for the progesterone BT, i think it's cos im kiasu lah. Hee.
happy.gif
I read in the internet that progesterone is important for a healthy pregnancy and falling progesterone levels indicates that the pregnancy is not vaiable.
So better be safe than sorry cos of the mc previously.

Btw, can i add Ribena in my water? I used to love drinking plain water but these couple of days, drinking plain water makes me so gag. Help!

Thanks mei and lilcookiedough..

Lilcookiedough: any idea why miscarriage happen? Gynae couldn't give me an definite ans, just say is 15% common happen..what can I do to prevent from happening again? Is really sadden for me to go through this..I went to see dr 3 days straight once I have bleeding and no dr can give me any assurance, I did my best to protect them..and all 3 consultation,no dr ask me to check for progesterone level,they just increase med and jab.. so sad now.

Lcd: Doctors visit went well. She assured me that my spotting is nothing to worry abt since my levels are so high, but still, like what Mei said, i still feels uneasy. Im on duphaston too, apparently my doctor say its to quieten the uterus.

And bcos my e2 levels is crazy i.e 42000, she suggest i take an injection everyday to prevent blood clots, just to be safe. Acty 400 is a good level already, dun worry.
happy.gif
i still have to take bt next week, do a scan and see my doctor, cos she wants to monitor me closely. These 2 weeks very crucial for me she say, haha.

And to answer ur qn on how many weeks, initially, doctor calculate based on when u do ur et, then subsequently, when baby big enuf, then based on measurements of the baby to calculate edd.

Faith, sorry to hear yr loss. I understand how u feel cos i have m/c a couple of times too. Acty, according to my sinseh, only need to do confinement if later in pregnancy. Cos early loss doesnt hurt the body too much. But i guess it doesnt hurt to do a mini confinement. Just do what u feel will make u feel better.

*Hugs* give urself as much time u need, if u feel u not up to it, then dun rush to do another cycle. For myself, i didnt want to wait cos i know i will nvr really get over it and so i just want to move on quickly. I did the d&c on my birthday last year... will nvr forget.
So be strong, look forward. Will defn see u in this thread soon.

Hi faith,

Sorry to hear about what happened.. Hugz.. I understand it's really difficult and you're looking for a lot of answers.. It was also hard for me to accept last time that it could just happen like that.. Give yourself time to heal and do take good care of yourself.. If possible, will be good to do a mini confinement.. I did mine last time for about 2 wks, basically just eating and resting well to let the body heal too.. I was with Prof Wong for quite some time, you can pm me if you have anything to ask and i'll try to help where i can.. In the meantime, take good care.. Stay strong k..

Hi faith, unfortunately there's no definite answers to why it happened. Most of the times it's due to chromosome abnormalities. The most important thing is not to blame yourself. It's not your fault. You and the doctors have tried the very best.

Take your time to grief. I know it's not easy - it took me months. My gynae was really kind and gave me 2 weeks of hospitalisation leave after the D&C. If it helps, take a break from work. If you need a listening ear, come here and we will support you thru this difficult time. As pple say, "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger"
happy.gif

Chin up, sista. Hugssssss

Hi ganie, glad that its nothing serious. Hopefully, the spotting will go away soon. Wow, your doctor is very on the ball leh!! I like!! Where is she from?

Your E2 reading sound really high. Issit important to check E2 levels too? Oh no, more injections!! Hopefully, your pregnancy will progress smoothly.
Do U need to go for weekly BT and scans for the next couple of weeks? Can get to see your bb more. Hee

Thanks for the great explanation! I can't wait for my scan. *excited*

Hi Faith, sorry to hear. Do take time to heal, be strong sister! Your chance of conceiving in high n you will be back here I believe! Hugs.

LCD: Yes, lets hope beanies continue to develop well. I have been waiting a child for at least 6yrs, been married for 10. Yes I use that calendar calculator too. I think if you use your LMP, it will also come to ard the same date. I agree w Ganie16 on the calculation date; usually considering a few factor to get a possible date.

Ganie16: I get giddy spells if I kinda delay attending to the hunger pangs. So when I feel I need to eat something now (usually abt 2-3hourly!)I think I will do just that. Not so much bloating anymore but at end of day, I feel my tummy abit swollen.

Ganie,min and lcd: sorry to remind u gals of the past..why those who want children so much,have to go through so much whereas haiz..

Chris, mei: thanks..I hope I can get over soon and start my new cycle few mths later..

Everything is just like a bad dream..my gynae is right,no pt grieving, shd focus on what is the next step.. any advice what shd I eat or shd go tcm to improve my egg quality?

Thanks for all of u all for sharing ur stories and encourage me..do rest well and eat well..when tired,just rest,when hungry,just eat..

LCD: Im with Dr Yu Su Ling. She is known as a very prudent conservative doctor, always prefer to err on the safe side so i like her.
happy.gif
i have to continue my BT til my e2 comes down bah. Usually, progesterone is the one pple more concerned abt but in my case, cos its so high, my doctor better play safe cos she say if develop blood clots, it will cause a lot of complications. I'm acty lucky i didnt get severe ohss with this kind of levels. Thank God!

Dun worry, b4 you know it, it'll be ur turn to see ur bb!

Chris: Yeah, i get abit giddy too when i get too nauseous. Theres nothing i feel like eating so i just buy a lot of bread to keep the hunger pangs away. Thinking abt food makes me gag sometimes.. haha

My bloating more or less subside, now i think its just the area ard the ovaries abit swollen, cos all the "egg shells" still filled with water bah. Cant wait for the 1st trimester to be over.

Faith: Dun be silly abt reminding us. This is life mah. Dun think so much cos there will be no answers. Dun ask why also. Just rest ur mind and body, like u say, just eat when hungry, sleep when tired. Feel like crying just cry.

It might help to see a tcm. Though im not sure if it really helps but at least u know u tried every avenue.

Faith: I am confident you will
happy.gif
JY ya!
happy.gif

Ganie16: are u having morning sickness? Hmm today I eating but can feel my head still "weird weird" de at times. I guess the tummy and stomach thing will be there as long as preggy ba.. Hehe.. I think I might not be able to wear my office pants le as I do have a tummy now. When bb start to grow more, it will be bigger le. :D

Chris: Slight morning sickness bah.. im constantly feeling nauseous and appetite really very bad. Drink water too fast will gag also. Can still eat but not alot so cannot take big meals.

I couldnt even zip my shorts awhile back and i cant fit into my bra cos too tight. Haha. Now the bloating gone already can zip n bra can fit but still abit of a tummy still, like you. Hehe

Ganie16: I see.. You are how many weeks now?

Hehe.. Somehow I prefer to wear dress now too as its easier on my stomach
happy.gif

Ahh just make myself wake up from nap.. Still feeling tired but dare not over sleep in case night time I can't sleep as I am still waking in the night.

Chris: im 6 weeks now. Im trying not to move so much cos really dun want to jeopardize anything. So rest as much as i can. I always take naps too, to relieve abit of nausea at the same time..

It has been awhile since i wore anything tight.. hehe.. loose tops and dresses are my best frens now.

Ganie16: ya I think that's the best thing to do. Are you working or will be working anytime soon? I need to have a "normal" person schedule cos I will be gg back to work. I will have to be careful and decide if need to take drastic measures if necessary later but for now, pray that bb/s will grow well even while I work. It's really not easy to have a single person's income.

Ahh so I am not alone
happy.gif

Chris: im self-employed so i took a hiatus. Haha. I find it very hard to accomodate all the doctor visits with work commitments so decided to stop everything for awhile.

Single income is defn tough but if hubby can hold on for now, then let him bah.. haha. Just have to watch spending for now. Can't shop at will.. hehe

When you going back to work?

Ganie16: ahh I see.. If can rest for this preggy is the best IMO. Will start in a week or so and its a new job. But like what my TCM say, ok to work and if cant then just move on.. I agree also so see how ba. I am v thankful for the job.
happy.gif

Chris: acty good that can work also. Time pass faster.
happy.gif
just go easy and take it slow.

Want to ask all ladies, is af like cramping normal and common? Im experiencing some cramps, spotting has stopped already, but u know, having cramps always give u the feeling af will come.

Ganie16: yup.. Keep the mind occupied .. Hehe.. So you have your own little business? Hehe..

It seems that some cramps is normal like that as long as there is no spotting or increased in spotting? Usually if I feel something funny in the pelvic, I will just sayang it as its therapeutic for my soul and for my body.. Haha.
happy.gif

It's pretty quiet here.. Evrryone's preparing for a fun weekend
happy.gif

Chris: i read that cramping is quite common, but just want to get more advices. Spotting is apparantly quite common too. The only consolation is, the last time i m/c, there was no warning at all. I just started bleeding heavily. Haha.

Just pray very hard the spotting doesnt come back to scare me.

How are u feeling so far? Mon is ur scan rite?

Yeah, its abit quiet in here. Have been just the 2 of us.. haha

Hope all is good with everyone!

Ganie16: hope this round is shun shun li li for u
happy.gif

I am feeling ok. Not able to sleep through very much at night, sensitive to sound from the windows as my bedroom is beside main road, thereafter hard to get back to sleep so in end in wake up to grab food cos hungry. The giddy spells is still there, good n bad at times. Yes Mon is 1st scan, pray all goes well.

Hi ganie, I also have a lot of cramping since BFP. Worse when I'm working or get stressed.. In fact, one of the scans, my gyne said we could see a whole big cramp in my uterus muscle, but so far no spotting. I think cos my gyne put me on a lot of support of estrogen n progesterone still. Now I'm week 11, cutting down on support slowly but still on off cramps. Very scary but I decided I won't get worried too much.. Saw bb on scan yesterday.. Bb was swimming around..
happy.gif

Thank ladies, am still recovering my lost and slowly bracing up day by day..

Anyone has eaten coq10 or dhea supplements? Any advices which shd I eat to improve egg quality before I start the fresh cycle..will prof Wong prescribe any supplements? I am gg for review next frI to check my uterus is clear before making appt with prof Wong for first visit..

Faith: It is ok to feel sad and normal. I admire your courage!

I hve taken both CoQ and DHEA. I took CoQ throughout all the cycles since its good for general health as well. For DHEA, it's a hormonal precursor responsible for producing both testosterone and estrogen and pretty controversial on its use, typically for women that is more advanced in age. It was another gynae who ask me to take this before i embark on 2nd ivf. Prof do not prescribe DHEA. My embryos quality did improve between 1st and 2nd cycle however i had a change in protocol so its very hard to conclude. If I would do a comparison of all 3cycles, DHEA effects isn't significant in my case.

Chris: life is such cruel..no matter what happen,life still has to go on..so I now use the time to rest and research on how to improve my overall health..where can I purchase coq supplement? can share roughly how much is the total cost in nuh? Got to prepare mentally and financially also.. thanks..

Chris: thx! Hope ur mon scan goes well!

Joynpeace: thx for sharing! Glad that bb is doing well.
happy.gif

Faith: i took q10 on a lot of my cycles too. Recommended by both my dr and tcm. Suppose to help on egg quality. Husband can take also. But wait til you recover first bah.
happy.gif

Faith: yes life will have its storm so we need to find our strong anchor.. Nobody is spared so we can help one another. You are not alone (hugs). I got the CoQ by ordering from GNC online; it's cheaper than buying locally :E The cost about 11-12k for IVF in NUH, after using our last Medisave chance and govt co-funding, top up less than 1k. As we have snow babies so another 600+ on top of the top-up. Like Prof say, we need to thank the govt for the v good co-funding now.

Ganie16: Thank you
happy.gif

Hi everyone, been feeling really off the last couple of days. Bleah. The nauseous feeling is the worst. Almost wanted to puke a couple of times but try to tahan in case i'll puke out the duphaston as well.
Have a strong aversion to plain water. Been drinking lotsa of ribena + water!! Slight cramping on and off too.
sad.gif

Btw, is it common to get abit of discharge? Mine seem to be more than usual.

Hi faith, we will always be here to support each other.
happy.gif
As for egg quality, i took Conceive well (also contain coq12) for 2 months before embarking on IVF + 4 egg whites daily during stim stage and it seem to help me produce really good eggs. Hope this infor helps! Jia you

Hi ganie, went to google abt Dr Yu and saw alot of good reviews about her!
happy.gif
It's important to have doctor who knows what he/she is doing. Will you be following her till delivery?

Hi Chris, all the best in your new job. Hopefully it's not gonna be too stressful. We have come such a long way. I always tell myself "family first, career can wait"
happy.gif

Hi joynpeace, awwww.. must be so adorable to see BB swimming around
happy.gif
Can hubby go in during ultrasound too? Jia you, reaching the 2nd trimester soon!!

Happy weekend everyone!
happy.gif

Hi LCD: good to hear from your side. Ya I heard MS makes one repulsive to water.. I am really hoping I don't get it since I need to work and need the energy. But do keep yourself hydrated is the key. Thanks for sharing.

Ya, I think the new job will be ok and just have faith that all will be well. My previous job would have been great if I stay on for taking leave to see doc and incentive and all but succeed this time after I quit. So I do know where u are coming from
happy.gif
I say we have to manage as we go along. This pregnancy is definitely precious to us
happy.gif

Joynpeace: me also hope to see bb soon next week! Haha
happy.gif

Glad to see everyone is doing well!

I got a heavier brown spottin on wed nite so went kk a&e for check and jab on the butt.. shld be fine now i hope though still have on and off spotting.. next scanning on 16th jul *so long lol!

Have a great weekend!

LCD: i most likely will follow Dr Yu. Cos she has been with me for so long and she knows me quite well.
happy.gif
theres alot of reviews on her? When i first went with her, i couldnt find much info on her, hehe.

I find it difficult to drink water too. Have to sip little by little end up i drink very little.

Chris: i really like ur attitude and composure towards things. And its nice and encouraging to see u standing by ur faith and trusting God in everything. Pray that we can all come out victorious!
happy.gif

Have a good weekend everyone!

Mei2: your twinnies are mighty "burrowers".. Haha..
happy.gif
good to go for the jab as that would give a peace of mind. 10days will come very fast de
happy.gif

Ganie16: I give the credit back to God.. Didn't turn out this way between Him n me.. I would say God's patience paid off and I am the beneficiary.. Amazing right. Ya, lets walk in victory for the price that has already been paid
happy.gif

Have a good weekend too!
happy.gif

Ganie, hee thanks!

Chris, ya mighy burrowers! Wahaha the doc on call didnt says anythin and just says its old blood which makes me feel safe lol!

All enjoy the weekend! Craving for bbq chicken wings now wahahah

Hi ladies,

Finally manage to join this thread but have been getting very negative thoughts since last friday. I started to have very faint brownish discharge together with the medicine insert that was passed out. I had it again on saturday.
Just when I thought everything is going on well with all the horrible MS, the spotting started. I'm so worried n is nerve wrecking. Tried calling tfc emergency hotline n the nurse asked me to monitor that it shouldn't turn red n heavy. My 1st scan is tmr which seems like eternity. Really worried...fingers crossed for now that I dun hv to leave this thread.
sad.gif

Yvejen: i understand how u feel. I experienced some spotting earlier on this week but scan show everything okie. The scan revealed a small blood clot near where the placenta is forming so thats prob the reason.

Some sistas here also experienced some spotting on and off.

My gynae assurred me that spotting is very common but like what ur nurse tell u, just monitor. Watch out for bad cramps or fresh blood. But try to ease up abit. Have positive thots.
happy.gif
tmr will come in no time.

Chris (reddesk): u went to hua mei acupuncture to see dr zhu at bukit merah? Wanna check with u whether she gave med to eat and do acupuncture at the same time..left a pm for u..

Yvejen:stay happy and positive..one more day for scanning..jiayou..

Mei2: bed rest more and do take care..

Back